June-23-Specialization-Changes

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Clearly thieves needed more damage out of all classes so we went and gave them even more damage modifiers and ferocity boosts.

Meanwhile rangers lost theirs, mesmer changed from 10% against vulnerable foes to 0.5% per stack of vulnerability (12.5% max), and necromancers…..necromancers go nuthin lol.

Class damage imbalance will be dumber than ever, if people didn’t want thieves/warriors/eles over other classes bad enough already, look forward to next tuesday.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

fire ele stand strong…. perhaps stronger…

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: shakome.7458

shakome.7458

That vigor changed is going to affect ele….as ele is the most squishy class….

Zenith.7301

That vigor changed is going to affect ele….as ele is the most squishy class….

Um, no? 50% less endurance regen trait but you still have full uptime vigor with renewing stamina. You got a built in evade into staff #4 and fire dagger #3, in addition to your 2 dodges. And then you have arcane shield in a pinch if you need, assuming snad storm glyph is not thrown into consideration.

If D/F makes a comeback as a viable weaponset, even if not exactly matching staff, you then have obsidian flesh for 5 seconds of immunity and swirling winds for invincibility against projectiles.

Meanwhile mesmer lost illusionary invigoration, so they got no vigor period. Necromancer still has no vigor and their SINGLE NON GARBAGE HEAL INFLICTS A 10% DAMAGE TAKEN DEBUFF now.

But don’t worry thief can still trait for normal vigor effect and high vigor uptime, since spamming pistol whip or black powder wasn’t enough protection already.

Posted by: frifoxy.6014

frifoxy.6014

Meanwhile mesmer lost illusionary invigoration, so they got no vigor period.

Illusionary Invigoration recharges shatters at 50%, nothing to do with vigor.

> Critical Infusion: Gain vigor for 5s when you critical hit.

That trait is still here.

Mesmer Calc: Power DPS | Condi DPS
Mesmer Data: Attack Rates & Coefficients
Other Stuff: Youtube

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Necromancer still has no vigor and their SINGLE NON GARBAGE HEAL INFLICTS A 10% DAMAGE TAKEN DEBUFF now.

consume conditions: inflicts a condition on player upon use

Attachments:

Zenith.7301

Meanwhile mesmer lost illusionary invigoration, so they got no vigor period.

Illusionary Invigoration recharges shatters at 50%, nothing to do with vigor.

> Critical Infusion: Gain vigor for 5s when you critical hit.

That trait is still here.

D’oh, my bad. I get it mixed up, I was probably thinking about Vigorous Revelations, which is indeed gone.

Ryn.6459

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a0xf6/arenanet_sent_us_the_entire_patch_notes_for_next/

The attribute difference between exotic and ascended gear has been changed from 5% to 10%

Posted by: Braizake.3274

Braizake.3274

Tome of Wrath: This ability has been replaced by a new Shout: “Feel My Wrath!”
“Feel My Wrath!”: Grant fury for 10 seconds and quickness for 5 seconds to nearby allies. Cooldown 30 seconds.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/June-23-Specialization-Changes

Is this real?

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

So should guardian be activating virtue of justice on boss fights or not? Now that burning is harder to acquire and a multiplier for both ele and guard.

Does glacial heart have a icd? Or is it all crits with a hammer inflict chill?

Posted by: Lendruil.9061

Lendruil.9061

Am i actually missing something or did they get rid of the icd of empowering might?

Skuldin - No Hesitation [hT]

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3a0xf6/arenanet_sent_us_the_entire_patch_notes_for_next/

The attribute difference between exotic and ascended gear has been changed from 5% to 10%

Those notes are most likely a hoax as Anet has never sent detailed patch notes to 3rd parties before actual patch release. Not to mention it’s missing stuff like rebuilding of LA.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Those notes are most likely a hoax as Anet has never sent detailed patch notes to 3rd parties before actual patch release. Not to mention it’s missing stuff like rebuilding of LA.

Confirmed legit on reddit

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Those notes are most likely a hoax as Anet has never sent detailed patch notes to 3rd parties before actual patch release.

Umm, I can say with 100% certainty that this is false. They definitely have actually.

Posted by: bearbear.1903

bearbear.1903

Have a look at this post in reply to that thread. Of course the “proof” image could also be faked as well, but believe what you must, it seems legit to me.

Taku.6352

Well colour me impressed, Anet actually doing good PR. Now if only they gave us anything on their so called “challenging content”.

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

THIEF
Grandmaster:
* No Quarter: Landing a critical hit while under the effect of fury extends the duration of fury by 2 seconds (this effect has a 2 second internal cooldown). Gain up to 250 ferocity (based on level) while under the effects of fury.

• Hidden Killer: Gain 100% bonus critical-hit chance while in stealth.
  • Invigorating Precision: You are healed for 15% of outgoing critical hit damage.

FOAMS AT MOUTH.

Stompy.1387

In other less than hype news… movement skills will no longer be affected by movement speed modifiers. I’l have to say goodbye to my patented “Rune of the Trapper Super Speed Jump Withdraw Thief Arah Goating”.

Fortunately, we will now be able to accurately cast skills at max range, so my Infiltrators arrow will always go 900 units. I guess IA will now be the preferred method of travel over HS now?

SlyDevil.3952

Am i actually missing something or did they get rid of the icd of empowering might?

No icd was listed, but its only a summary, several other skills and traits don’t have icds listed. And during the stream they mentioned a couple as they noticed there was no icd mentioned.

We’ll have to see when it’s actually released.

Zenith.7301

Thieves got about 17% extra crit damage from the new traits, and 10% conversion of precision to ferocity so we’re seeing around 20%+ crit damage bonus from the trait change to thieves.

Now even staff ele won’t even be close to thief single target damage output. And pistol whip for cleaving got all the better with the 5% extra damage from the trait made baseline.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

So if I got this right the meta (theif/2xele/warrior/guard or mes) is not going to change very much.

As an ele I find the conjure nerfs okay (I didnt like conjures play style to begin with) but the fresh air change ruins my two favorite builds D/F in pve and S/F for spvp. Now I you want to be efficient in Pve you have to run staff and in spvp you’re stuck with mediocre builds that can barely compete. I swear no one plays ele in the high end at anet Q.Q

For thief I don’t know why they decided thief needs more damage. As if they aren’t one of the best classes to have in a party already! Add on top of that thief is really easy to learn/play. Talk about risk vs reward philosophy…

I’m happy about warrior though, it’s an improvement mostly cause the 6/6/6 builds will make wvw roaming more fun and when i do dungeons I’m not stuck going 2/6/0/6/0 and can now go 6/6/0/6/0.

Honestly from the classes I play regularly it just seems Anet enforced the “meta” and destroyed most of its contenders.

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

So engi gets a trait that will reveal a stealthed enemy when you hit them. Wonder if it’ll work on Mossy and Bloody Victoria.

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

considering that the engi skill analyze https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Analyze doesnt do squat to her. I doubt it will work on B.V

but maybe they will fix that.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

considering that the engi skill analyze https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Analyze doesnt do squat to her. I doubt it will work on B.V

but maybe they will fix that.

It requires a target? Doesnt it need to be cast before she stealths? Im not an engi expert or anything but afaik you cant use it to reveal when they are already stealthed.

Or does she just ignore the reveal and stealth through it?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I’d still be curious as I’m not sure on how “reveal” works. Does it prevent stealth and strip it, or just prevent it? Maybe NPCs can ignore the prevention mechanic but not the strip mechanic? Who knows?

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

she just ignore the reveal and stealth through it
Bloody Vic does what she wants when she wants how she wants. She doesnt care about your blinds, or that your whole bar is stun breaks. She will just repeatedly stun you until you run out. Then she will do a dance routine on your head.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

(edited by DonQuack.9025)

SlyDevil.3952

Lock On: Striking a foe in stealth analyzes them, revealing them and inflicting them with 10 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds. This trait has a 20 second internal cooldown.

It’s pretty ambiguous. It either means enemies are forced out of stealth, given a reveal buff while stealth or both.

The question is, does victoria/mossman function like spires invisibility, in that it isn’t actually the stealth buff, you’re just invisible.

SlyDevil.3952

As an ele I find the conjure nerfs okay

Fiery Charge: The damage of this ability has been increased by 60%
Ice Bow Frost Volley: Damage increased by 25%. Vulnerability application of this ability has been increased from 10 seconds to 15.
Ice Bow Frost Fan: The damage of this ability has been increased by 25%.

What nerfs? The only nerf was fgs mobility, everything else stayed the same or got increased.

Taku.6352

The question is, does victoria/mossman function like spires invisibility, in that it isn’t actually the stealth buff, you’re just invisible.

Yes it does. I’ve tried several times to use sic em on either one of them and they still disappear with revealed on them.

Zenith.7301

Yeah, because they don’t apply reveal to themselves, their stealth is different. Back before they did fractal revamps and mossman at max fractal scale would stealth far more frequently and for longer time periods, he could chain stealth in short times spans without any hint of having revealed or some debuff that prevented him from entering.

Which is how it would work, because applying a reveal mechanic on them would break their attack patterns and part of the encounter mechanic.

SlyDevil.3952

Cough skilled play cough. Apparently being able to counter things is bad. Maybe they should make his axe unblockable because using a reflect would break part of the encounter.

Zenith.7301

Cough skilled play cough. Apparently being able to counter things is bad. Maybe they should make his axe unblockable because using a reflect would break part of the encounter.

Apparently so is dealing with the mechanic without trivializing it in a single “skilled” button use such as Sic Em (and even worse the engineer, which is just aoe cleave). You have the option of not doing the content, if dealing with encounter designs is such a bother.

SlyDevil.3952

A 4sec reveal that stops stealth? It’s not exactly like you can just spam that randomly and stop all stealth on the boss. Considering all you need to stop victoria from killing you is having a second party member hit her during the windup, stopping her from stealthing only limits her using death blossom, which could just be used without stealth they could even add in caltrops and dancing dagger like the flame legion shadowblades have. There are plenty of skill choices that could be used outside of stealth.

In terms of mossman, a reflect trivializes most of his stealth anyways, no surprise bouncing axe when you keep reflects between you and his axe and unlike victoria he doesn’t permanently remain in stealth. Not having access to stealth doesn’t limit his skill use, they could always add in forced norn forms for him if abusing reveal was breaking his encounter, those skill sets already exist for him.

Ryn.6459

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Mortar-kit-details

Is it possible that mortar AA is gonna be like bomb AA but on 1/2 sec refresh time? wow
EDIT: bomb AA tooltip also claims 1/2 secs…

(edited by Ryn.6459)

SlyDevil.3952

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/engineer/Mortar-kit-details

Is it possible that mortar AA is gonna be like bomb AA but on 1/2 sec refresh time? wow
EDIT: bomb AA tooltip also claims 1/2 secs…

Depends on what the coefficient will be, apparently we’ll have to go test that post patch, as well as the weapon quality and type.

Posted by: Jayden Ennok.3687

Jayden Ennok.3687

Lock On: Striking a foe in stealth analyzes them, revealing them and inflicting them with 10 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds. This trait has a 20 second internal cooldown.

It’s pretty ambiguous. It either means enemies are forced out of stealth, given a reveal buff while stealth or both.

From what I noticed when running around wvw with my thief, reveal can be applied on a stealthed player without causing immediate loss of invisibility. Few times I saw both stealth and reveal icons on my buff bar. For stealth sources like SR, even when already in stealth, when reveal was applied on me, it simply left me in stealth but the additional application of stealth from SR didn’t happen.

Underworld Vabbi 1.5yr

SlyDevil.3952

From what I noticed when running around wvw with my thief, reveal can be applied on a stealthed player without causing immediate loss of invisibility. Few times I saw both stealth and reveal icons on my buff bar. For stealth sources like SR, even when already in stealth, when reveal was applied on me, it simply left me in stealth but the additional application of stealth from SR didn’t happen.

The question is how they are using ‘revealing’. Is it the in-game sense of, application of the reveal debuff, or is it literally, revealing(to show something that is hidden) a player.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

As an ele I find the conjure nerfs okay

Fiery Charge: The damage of this ability has been increased by 60%
Ice Bow Frost Volley: Damage increased by 25%. Vulnerability application of this ability has been increased from 10 seconds to 15.
Ice Bow Frost Fan: The damage of this ability has been increased by 25%.

What nerfs? The only nerf was fgs mobility, everything else stayed the same or got increased.

When I read it it was before they reverted the nerf to ice bow 4, which is now going to stay the same.

The Sickest Guild NA

SlyDevil.3952

Engineer streamlined kits is now 20sec swift on 20sec cd, still nearly perfect uptime.

With the 5% dagger dmg on thieves being made baseline, do we assume that it’s a 1.05 multiplier automatically applied, or they increased the coeff by 5%?

(edited by SlyDevil.3952)

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

do we assume that it’s a 1.05 multiplier automatically applied, or they increased the coeff by 5%?

Doesn’t really matter. Resulting multiplier will be the same.

Stompy.1387

They never said anything about the trait becoming baseline in the patch notes though, unless I missed it. Has someone done the math and seen if they just put it in anyways?