[KING] Fractals Guides

[KING] Fractals Guides

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Relativity.3264

Relativity.3264

[KING] Fractals Guides
Youtube mirror

Who are we
KING is an EU PvE focused guild specializing in fractals. We had the 2 world first fractal 50 after fractured, and probably the 3 EU first.

We helped command the 2 world first wurm kills. Additionally, one of our officers runs [NiP], the gw2community guild.

Maxed HOM (Name: Random Firing)
Fractal 80 before Fractured, world first fractal 50 after

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

So I watched the swamp fractal and:

1. On bloomhunger you didn’t reflect anything despite being a mesmer
2. On Mossman you again didn’t reflect anything despite being a mesmer
3. You used null field and blink on your bar for no reason
4. You did not have a single mantra on your bar – so no damage modifiers from empowering mantras.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

You shouldn’t comment on his inability to play mesmer but rather on the guide itself. But oh well…

Snow Crows [SC]

[KING] Fractals Guides

maha.7902

Well I can mention staffing on imbued shaman, full ranging the imbued shaman, 50,000 resets on ascalon (if you have to reset that many times then it kind of seems questionable how good your strategy is), ranging archdiviner, ranging the three champions and veteran in uncategorised too. Then on guardian, the shout build.

And then suggesting safe spots against Old Tom, that’s basically saying “if you can’t kill fast enough, resort to exploits, sit in this safe spot and afk range”.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

The ascalon fractal was changed after that video was made.

Nova [rT]

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

At least it’s a nice guide with some sexy tactics lot of people don’t know.
Doesn’t really matter if mesmer is useless – if he didn’t reflect properly or used some useless ports

Like it !

Grimkram [sS]

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Guys, guys, guys…relax. Some people still have fun doing runs that aren’t 100% perfect/efficient. OP found a way to play that’s fun for him and shared his playstyle for people who might be looking for some ideas that work. Might not reflect the current meta 100%, but it is probably valuable to some players regardless.

Nitpicking people who try to post friendly/helpful advice is what gives this subforum the “toxic” reputation that we hear about so much. A guildy of mine advertised some dungeon training runs on here and was met with a ton of negativity and ridiculous bullkitten like “I’ve never heard of you, so you obviously can’t teach.” It doesn’t leave a good impression.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

“I’ve never heard of you, so you obviously can’t teach.”

I doubt so.

Snow Crows [SC]

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

Even if it wasn’t top notch play, pugs would be 9000% better if people knew all things in these guide videos.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Build choices aside it has useful information. Too bad the people that are on these forums already know these things.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

[KING] Fractals Guides

dlonie.6547

I doubt so.

Well, more or less.

I’m actually amazed I could find that post, given this forum’s fantastic search abilities xD

[KING] Fractals Guides

dlonie.6547

Build choices aside it has useful information. Too bad the people that are on these forums already know these things.

Well, the forums are also indexed by google, so more people find posts here than just the regulars.

[KING] Fractals Guides

maha.7902

I doubt so.

Well, more or less.

I’m actually amazed I could find that post, given this forum’s fantastic search abilities xD

That’s not even close to what you said. Tree wrote that he wanted to know how we can trust them, i.e. if they have any credentials like youtube videos, not “I don’t know you so don’t teach”.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Well, the forums are also indexed by google, so more people find posts here than just the regulars.

You assume the “I Play How I Want”™ players would do a google search on how2playgw2
Let me assure you it won’t happen.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Fanolian.8415

Fanolian.8415

Underwater fractal needs some love…

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

As I understand it [KING] has the intention of periodically updating these guides, so I would take the criticism as stuff to try out next time rather than an attack. Take the information at face value – as it is presented – and choose to either ignore it or incorporate the advice in your next video.

But really, its not really a nitpick to point out a mesmer not reflecting :P.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

So I watched the swamp fractal and:

1. On bloomhunger you didn’t reflect anything despite being a mesmer
2. On Mossman you again didn’t reflect anything despite being a mesmer
3. You used null field and blink on your bar for no reason
4. You did not have a single mantra on your bar – so no damage modifiers from empowering mantras.

They used a mesmer………..who founds the mistake?

[KING] Fractals Guides

maha.7902

Fractals are the one niche where mesmers are pretty kitten solid. In prolonged fights where people can’t maintain scholar or their DPS rotations, the sustained DPS of mesmers shines, plus their actual utility is pretty great.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

Fractals are the one niche where mesmers are pretty kitten solid. In prolonged fights where people can’t maintain scholar or their DPS rotations, the sustained DPS of mesmers shines, plus their actual utility is pretty great.

This is correct. Fractals (and Lupi) are the only places where I can bring my mesmer without feeling that I’m a burden.

[KING] Fractals Guides

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

To be fair, for ppl new to fractals or struggling with a particular area the guides are quite nice. A lot of these tactics are found in pugs, certainly on lower levels, so it’s nice for ppl who don’t go melee on every boss in their first fractal experience.

(Although I still prefer Obal’s/Dekeyz’ guides)

You assume the “I Play How I Want”™ players would do a google search on how2playgw2
Let me assure you it won’t happen.

There’s also just ppl new to fractals and wanting to learn. :P