Karma removed from dungeons....why?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Anna Kruse.3941

Anna Kruse.3941

Why has karma been removed from dungeons? now as a pve player im forced to go farm www to get karma for my obsidian shards which hurts my server and it hurts me.

can we plz get our karma back in the dungeons?

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Because Anet thought it would be fun.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Anet would prefer us to do open world zergfests and spam 1.

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

I’ve been wondering why the hell did devs nerf karma in the latest patch. Before patch you could gain karma pretty nicely WITHOUT having to farm events like a madman. Now you get little karma pot from daily reward and then all there is are many hours of events or wvw. Before patch getting obisidian shards for karma was somewhat nice for a player that couldn’t play many hours a day, now it’s kittening nightmare.

I just don’t understand what the developers of this game are thinking. I just don’t get it. Look it from any perspective this is just another grind introduced to game forcing to do a lot more events for karma.

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

My guess is that karma is currently being evaluated and more changes are pending.

There was without a doubt an over abundance of karma in the game, making karma bought items to common and easy to get.

Anet appears to be adjusting the excess volume by making it all account bound and tightening down the reigns on how quickly it can be acquired. They most likely pulled the reigns back way to far on purpose so that they could evaluate it and slowly allow more back in until they reach the optimal speed at which they want players to gain it.

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

They are reducing karma gains and waiting for everyone karma to deplete. Maybe they want Karma to be useful again but its gonna take them a few months.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

My guess is that karma is currently being evaluated and more changes are pending.

There was without a doubt an over abundance of karma in the game, making karma bought items to common and easy to get.

Anet appears to be adjusting the excess volume by making it all account bound and tightening down the reigns on how quickly it can be acquired. They most likely pulled the reigns back way to far on purpose so that they could evaluate it and slowly allow more back in until they reach the optimal speed at which they want players to gain it.

They might also be planning more karma based rewards since karma’s current uses feel rather sparse (leveling equipment, common cooking mats, exotic level gear, crafting inscriptions and weapon plans).

To be honest, I wouldn’t mind paying karma for some of the NPC armor and hairstyles that are out with karma. I suppose time will tell.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I stopped spending my Karma since the nerf, because getting Karma from this stingy game is a joke now. I see Karma being needed for something coming in the near future so they added Karma as a new grind for this future.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Eric.1340

Eric.1340

If I had to guess I’d say ascended armor will be obtainable using Karma. This won’t be the only way to get it because there will be crafting but I think Anet is going to give multiple ways to get ascended armor. To be fair to Anet karma did need nerfed it was way to easy to get with the dailys, monthlies, dungeons, and champ boxes.

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

All I do are dungeons to because I don’t like the zergfests. Guess no karma for me.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I have around 2M karma because I don’t like basil leafs.

The Burninator

Posted by: HELLruler.4820

HELLruler.4820

There’s almost nothing interesting to buy with karma. The only things I’ve ever bought with it were exotic armor from temple, orrian boxes for rewards and cooking mats

Posted by: jucca.8219

jucca.8219

Well yeah obviously they want to make karma more precious and maybe introduce new items that goes without saying when you compare the amount of karma gained pre and post patch. Problem is that there is no more so many alternative ways to get it. Philosophy of change ‘’ok ppl are getting way too much karma let’s tone it down a bit’’, ‘’sorry did you say tone it down completely so those who log in to do dailies and few dungeons per day have tough job now and then sit on the decision for unknown period of time before changing it to a way or another ow ok’‘…..that’s not rly productive.

I don’t mind nerfing the amount of karma gained, would just like to see as many possibilities to get it like pre-patch since Anet many times say loud that they want ppl to choose what way they want to progress to get to some goal be it wvw or fractals or w/e..

(edited by jucca.8219)

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

This kills new players more than anything.

Most of us who have been here have already gotten our thrist slayer, karma armour, obsidian shards.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Sitting on 5.2mill. Waiting for whatever they’re going to introduce next.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

I always though the Orrian temple armours were made to be the first exotics a new player would get.

So much for that, all the old players get to buy 50 sets with their millions of karma while newbies can barely scrounge up enough to get one piece. And even though the stats suck for PvE, the PVT and even melandru runes are amazing for WvW.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Karma was a broken currency as players had too much. One thing that broke the currency was giving too much away on dungeons and dailies so that has been reversed. The humungous karma pools acquired by players haven’t gone away but Anet can’t fix that mistake so easily.

(And no, the game shouldn’t be balanced by giving new players the same amount of broken currency as the old players. That solves nothing.)

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Or it could be un-broken by giving us things to spend it on. Why not have exotic weapons for 50 or 75 thousand? Then the mystic forgers among us could have something to blow it all on. And new players could continue to accrue it at a pace that would allow them to afford things.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Getefix.9150

Getefix.9150

Or it could be un-broken by giving us things to spend it on. Why not have exotic weapons for 50 or 75 thousand? Then the mystic forgers among us could have something to blow it all on. And new players could continue to accrue it at a pace that would allow them to afford things.

i agree with this

“Nothing is true, Everything is permitted”

Kiel Replacement Movement

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

FYI, the wvw vendors sell level 80 rares for karma. Knock yourself out!

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

FYI, the wvw vendors sell level 80 rares for karma. Knock yourself out!

Hmm, if I had more than 1.5M I might be tempted to throw some at that.

Let’s see though, on average .1% chance of precursor from forging rares, .8 recycle rate, carry the two…should only need about 50 million karma or so to get a precursor on average. Not bad!

Retired. Too many casuals.