Keyfarming change. Dungeon sellers profit?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

So it looks like the Personal Story won’t begin until you hit level 10. Keyfarmers will need to level to 10 before they can start their run.

How long does it take to get to level 10? Keyfarming currently gets you from 1-5 in 15-20 minutes. But that’s including a ton of experience from doing the Personal Story. In reality, it probably takes quite a bit longer.

But wait! Dungeons give a ton of experience per run. Perhaps selling dungeon runs (particularly the dungeons in the starting areas) to keyfarmers is the next big thing?

Another bonus: if keyfarmers were to level via dungeons, they’d need to buy maybe 12-13 runs per character. With lots of people buying regularly, you’d eventually have a list of trusted clients and griefing would be less of a problem.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

There’s no way keyfarmers will be buying dungeons for it… the rewards from black lion chests are typically so awful that killing the orrian villagers at the start of Arah for 2-3 minutes would probably be more worthwhile. The main reason people do it on such a regular basis nowadays is because of the fact that it doesn’t cost anything other than ~20-30 minutes of time.

#RandomNumberGenerators

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

You won’t be sell dungeons anymore as people can just come in, kick you out of the dungeon, and take over. So dungeon selling would be dead, key farming would be dead, and any other stuff you enjoy will also get nerfed/“patched”. And there won’t be new dungeons

Tour

Lord Kuru.3685

There’s no way keyfarmers will be buying dungeons for it… the rewards from black lion chests are typically so awful that killing the orrian villagers at the start of Arah for 2-3 minutes would probably be more worthwhile. The main reason people do it on such a regular basis nowadays is because of the fact that it doesn’t cost anything other than ~20-30 minutes of time.

#RandomNumberGenerators

Black lion weapons currently sell for ~100g. It takes around 50 runs to get enough scraps for one weapon. So they’re making, on average, 2 gold per run right now. Not terrible. Prices for these weapons will go up to account for the price of dungeon runs.

If there are enough sellers, they can just buy one run after another. It’ll cost them barely any time at all. (Maybe a good opportunity to create a guild of trusted sellers?)

I think it might work because people LOVE gambling. They have images of permanent hairstyle kits in their head.

Lord Kuru.3685

You won’t be sell dungeons anymore as people can just come in, kick you out of the dungeon, and take over. So dungeon selling would be dead, key farming would be dead, and any other stuff you enjoy will also get nerfed/“patched”. And there won’t be new dungeons

Yes. Selling will be massively dangerous in the future. But not if you have regular clients you can trust; with keyfarmers needing to buy lots of runs, you’ve got regular clients.

As for new dungeons, I’ve long given up on that

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

#RandomNumberGenerators

Black lion weapons currently sell for ~100g. It takes around 50 runs to get enough scraps for one weapon. So they’re making, on average, 2 gold per run right now. Not terrible. Prices for these weapons will go up to account for the price of dungeon runs.

If there are enough sellers, they can just buy one run after another. It’ll cost them barely any time at all. (Maybe a good opportunity to create a guild of trusted sellers?)

I think it might work because people LOVE gambling. They have images of permanent hairstyle kits in their head.

50 runs? Whut? RNGsus hates me, but even I don’t need 50 keys for a ticket.

Lord Kuru.3685

I’ve always been quoted 1 key every 5 runs as the stat…

…but looking up on wiki, player research says it’s 1 key every 3 runs: does that sound right to you?

So make that 30 runs per skin… which means you’re making ~3 gold a run.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’ve always been quoted 1 key every 5 runs as the stat…

…but looking up on wiki, player research says it’s 1 key every 3 runs: does that sound right to you?

So make that 30 runs per skin… which means you’re making ~3 gold a run.

Yes, that sounds much better for me. Then there’s also the chance for double scraps or one (maybe even two?) tickets, I guess at least the double scraps are taken into consideration.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2dbbbe/1000_black_lion_keys/

Guy got basically 62 tickets out of 1000 keys, so that’d be what? ~ 1 ticket every 16 runs?

Lord Kuru.3685

Guy got basically 62 tickets out of 1000 keys, so that’d be what? ~ 1 ticket every 16 runs?

Interesting. That’s way less than the research on the wiki:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest/Drop_rate

In any case, however, this reddit guy concluded he was making 12g per hour (keys and all the other stuff from the chests).

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I suppose this game just hates me then.

I’ve spent like 4k hours total on GW2 and I think the best drop I’ve gotten on this game was an abyss dye, second to that maybe an entropy.

240 pristine relics and I’ve still never seen an ascended chest drop that’s berserker, but this is probably shared amongst many of you as well.

Best black lion chest was probably one that I got a mini scarlet from or something like that.

Took like 200 tequatl kills to get a tequatl hoard.

-_-

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I’ve spent like 4k hours total on GW2 and I think the best drop I’ve gotten on this game was an abyss dye, second to that maybe an entropy.

240 pristine relics and I’ve still never seen an ascended chest drop that’s berserker, but this is probably shared amongst many of you as well.

Best black lion chest was probably one that I got a mini scarlet from or something like that.

-_-

RNGsus is jealous because you have those mad mountain goat skillz.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

that is with the double ticket events right? so maybe 1 in 30 if normally???

You only gain 0.7 levels, so you need to buy 7 dungeon run to gain from level5->10. I don’t think it is very practicle(buy 7 dungeon runs just for 1 key). Not to mention all 7 runs can’t be done in the same day else there is diminishing return.

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

You can buy 2 dungeon runs in a row for 70% exp, then DR kicks in. The DR resets in ~30mins so I don’t think that’s gonna be a valid option.

Nova [rT]

Lord Kuru.3685

You can buy 2 dungeon runs in a row for 70% exp, then DR kicks in. The DR resets in ~30mins so I don’t think that’s gonna be a valid option.

Forgot about DR.. but… DR only works on the same path, no?

So you can buy two CMp1 then two CMp2 then two CMp3, right?

Not only that, TA and AC are both easily accessible for new characters.

dutchiez.7502

True, still I think that would be too much trouble just for keyfarming.

Nova [rT]

Lord Kuru.3685

If this method became popular enough that you can buy a run on more or less on demand, it might not be so bad.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

If this method became popular enough that you can buy a run on more or less on demand, it might not be so bad.

It will most likely still be a huge loss.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

People do key farming runs because they are practical. You’d need to buy 150 dungeon runs to get a single black lion weapon.

There are probably easier way to make money. Not to mention you need to be lvl10 to start personal story, so my calculation is probably wrong, you’ll need to gain 8 level … basically needing to buy 11 dungeon runs for a single key. You really think people’ll buy 330 dungeon runs for a single black lion weapon?

(edited by laokoko.7403)

Lord Kuru.3685

Now that I think about it, it might be easier to craft your way to level 10 (get a few levels from each crafting profession)…

… or maybe a combo of crafting and dungeon runs?

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

The cheapest way is probably going to be related to cooking, converting raw materials into crafted ones (but still materials retaining their gold value) at low craft levels and popular food at higher ones.
Buying dungeons runs is time gated and there are really few paths you can reliably buy without losing a lot of money.

Posted by: anabasis.7346

anabasis.7346

That’s true. The only path that is sold frequently enough for you to buy it as many times as you want without losing money is AC p1. However, if it sells for the same amount of gold that you get as a reward it’s most likely an exploited run. This also seems to happen much more in Europe than in USA.
CM and TA are not sold frequently enough for you to buy them immediately and usually cost more gold than you get back.
In the end you’ll lose too much gold and waste a lot of time.

Posted by: RemiRome.8495

RemiRome.8495

Hoard gotten. Not even double digit Tequasual.

The trick is feeling disgust over what you’re doing.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

-_-

You’ve got it all wrong. the game has simply acknowledged that you are a community person. So in order for the rest of us to get good drop rates, yours have been “slightly reduced”.
We all thank you for your community effort btw.

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

This really nice guy invited me to the end of a fotm 50 at maw, I loaded in and got a Zoijja’s weapon chest. I felt like an kitten but everyone in the party was so happy for me.. so I think I felt like even more of an kitten.

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

If i do key farm after the patch i will spend those instant lvl 20 scrolls. I heard the 2nd birthday ones dont stack with the 1st birthday scrolls. ANet said they will revamp the rewards from the personal story, i’m curious to see what they will change.

dutchiez.7502

This really nice guy invited me to the end of a fotm 50 at maw, I loaded in and got a Zoijja’s weapon chest. I felt like an kitten but everyone in the party was so happy for me.. so I think I felt like even more of an kitten.

I know someone who did the same thing but got a Fractal Tonic…

People weren’t happy for him tho

Nova [rT]

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I know someone who did the same thing but got a Fractal Tonic…

People weren’t happy for him tho

Leeching improving droprates confirmed.