Kholer strategy

Kholer strategy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

I’ve been wondering about this for a long time and I hope some of the more experienced members of the dungeon community can give me an answer.
To this day, even the coordinated speedruning groups seem to be LoS pulling Kholer behind a pillar (there are 2 common spots that I know of, both of them pretty much the same timewise).
What is the benefit of pulling Kholer over just fighting him on spot? I mean the elites will probably just die to AoE/cleave instantly and the DPS gain from whirlwind attacking against the wall cannot possibly make up for the time it takes him to come to the group.
The fact that even regular experienced dungeon runners still pull him suggests there’s some mechanic that makes the fight in the open longer/more painful, but personally I can’t see one.

Thanks everyone in advance for your insight.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Leezy.4567

Leezy.4567

Personally, Most groups when some random guildies form up, just blast might at stairs and go in, CC… burn…. WoR, and finish.
The power creep is so real you don’t need to LoS anything anymore, Only benefit I see now is if you don’t have pulls to group up trash.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Stacking behind the pillar pulls the ranged adds into the stack.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

My experience with (Speed running) Pugs is that they can not dodge the highly telegraphed pull attack.

I assumed that is why they kept on stacking in the corner, to avoid that.

Teh Ouchies

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

They don’t really avoid the pull attack by being in the corner. Usually the attack doesn’t matter if the group breaks his bar and has enough DPS. You’ll likely never see it.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Aceofsppades.6873

Aceofsppades.6873

I think for pugs it mostly a force of habit.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

In speedrun attempts you just skip kholer all together seeing he’s not vital for a single AC path.

Optimise [OP]

Kholer strategy

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

>coordinated speedruning groups
>LoS Kohler

choose one. Pug speedruns are not speedruns, fighting him onspot with breakbar is faster skiping him even faster.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

In speedrun attempts you just skip kholer all together seeing he’s not vital for a single AC path.

In an actual “speedrun attempt” with a mesmer you would kill him in path 2 since its a lot faster

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Loop.8106

Loop.8106

In an actual “speedrun attempt” with a mesmer you would kill him in path 2 since its a lot faster

Well yeah, but I wouldnt say it’s alot faster.

Optimise [OP]

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Attuned To Love.6579

Attuned To Love.6579

There is absolutely no reason to pull kohler into a corner…
I think this "strategy " is still a relict of the old fgs times … When every mob was pulled to a corner and got instant rekt by 4 fgs rushes…

But it’s true most of the pugs don’t even know his basic mechanics/attacks and try to burn him down in a corner … But you are much faster even in a duo run for example to cc him and kill him on spot …

In general … Nearly every corner stack is absolutely unnecessary …

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Tarasicodissa.7084

Tarasicodissa.7084

Thanks everyone, so it’s basically what I thought.
Also I’d like to clear up that by speedrun I mean a fast daily run for loot and reward, not a record run attempt. Obviously you can skip Kholer (and apparently should for P1 and P3 for better time) but you will miss out on loot. Those extra 5 seconds are perfectly fine for me to lose if we get a chest for it. What’s not okay for me to lose is time waiting for Kholer to come around a corner.

Kholer strategy

Posted by: Henry.5713

Henry.5713

If you think your party can handle jumping him instantly while setting up some form of projectile defense or using some pulling skill on the addsthen go for it.
Most parties can’t even seem to handle breaking his bar before he uses his AoE nowadays.