Kick Voting Fail

Kick Voting Fail

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Rentapest.6503

Rentapest.6503

Please reduce the required votes to kick a person from a group, down to 2!!

This is causing a huge amount of stress and hassle when trying to make groups using the LFG system.

I always play a dungeon with at least 1 friend, often end up just the 2 of us. That means when 3 other idiots join and ruin the group WE have the leave and lose all progress instead of being able to kick the players and remake our group.

If we’ve progressed a dungeon to near-completion, we should not be the ones forced to leave because of a now-broken kick-vote system!

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

It was 2 until recently. The problem was that people were hijacking groups. 2 friends would join and immediately vote kick everyone. And in most cases would turn around and try to sell it. Or people would come in and kick those who were selling a dungeon. The current changes to the LFG were asked for for a very long time, and it was finally implemented. Along with the names of the players who were voting. They aren’t going to change it back.

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Evapor.6849

Evapor.6849

So you posted your lfg and get mad when 3 people join and ‘ruin’ your group? I know the lfg system is really hard to use as it is a really complex system, but if you don’t want players to join your group don’t post an advertisement that lets people join.

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

The system is far more robust this way with 3 votes instead of 2. It’s better for a majority of players, and while I can appreciate that sometimes you and your one friend lose control of a group, I genuinely think the current functionality is the best it can be without a much more complicated system being added.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Hmm, another usecase that the party-leader system would fix…

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

Learn to be more tolerant and instructive. The reward is more tangible than game gold.

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Learn to be more tolerant and instructive. The reward is more tangible than game gold.

Translation: carry people not willing to learn because they should have everything without doing any effort?

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Wait, did they actually finally raise it to 3 successfully?

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Hmm, another usecase that the party-leader system would fix…

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Broken Arietta.4631

Broken Arietta.4631

My issues is, when you form a group for a dungeon
“P1p2p3 80s exp” and then your group fills with level 35s, and you can’t kick them having already started it with your friend. Asking them to leave sometimes works sure, but you’ve explicitly stated your group is looking for 80s and you can’t kick them. It seems a bit silly to me.

I get it is a bit better that 2 people can’t just join and kick a whole group, but at the same time it can be counter productive since 3 people can do the same thing.

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Benson.9063

Benson.9063

i honestly don’t see any issue with your particular scenario and am very glad they raised it to a majority of party. I would suggest either doing as someone above said and be more tolerant/instructive, be more descriptive on LFG (experience requirements etc.), find content you can duo, find 1 more friend/guildmate … i’m sure there are other solutions. bringing it back down to 2 would bring back so many more problems. and also i don’t know what content you’re doing but if you consistently just happen to be getting 3 other idiots is it possible some of the fault lies on you?

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

Add lfg filter and/or party leader system. Problems solved.

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: zombyturtle.5980

zombyturtle.5980

I ran into a similar issue the other day, posted a COE p1 asking for experienced 80’s. 3 80’s joined and we started, they weren’t great but we managed. At least until we reached the lasers. They would not coordinate at all. Took about 5 minutes to disable the jumping area and when we reached the 1-4 area, they just ran around killing golems. Worst part was they weren’t even defending the switch. They ignored us completely, even when we explained what to do.

Me and my friend then had a choice to either do 1-1-1-1-1 or leave since vote kicks were ignored, so we left.

I still think 3 votes are a better system overall, but I can totally sympathize with you :P

Kick Voting Fail

Posted by: Arc DLad.2194

Arc DLad.2194

the 3 man vote is much better that the previous 2 man vote system, if you’re having 3 people join you and your friend, ever consider just adding a guildy/friend as a third man and only invite 2 people (you control the majority vote)

How does Treahern change a light bulb?
“commander can i have a word”