Kicked at the end of a dungeon to sell it

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Pointblanc.6593

Pointblanc.6593

Can anyone point me to an official statement about what is Arenanet stance about people being kicked from dungeons they helped complete as soon as the last boss is reached, so that the remaining members can sell the path?

Is this reportable as lfg abuse or what?

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

I think it’s not always abuse, often people are rude and get kicked with a reason, and then others may sell it if it’s the end. Of course when somebody kicks you with the goal of selling your slot, then yes it’s abuse

Posted by: AKGeo.6048

AKGeo.6048

Take periodic screenshots of the game, including all of the chat text, and make sure you can catch the votekick in action if you have it happening on a regular basis at a specific moment of the dungeon. I’m sure it’s a challenge to do so, so you could always write down the party members’ names at the start of the dungeon and put in a support ticket about it. With enough persistence, Anet can look up the time it happened and the player accounts involved, crosscheck it with their account history, and see if there’s a pattern of kicking pugs to sell a slot.

That’s really the only way I can imagine you’d be able to have something done about it. Otherwise someone could just report someone else they don’t like for doing that exact thing, whether they did it or not.

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

I’ve never actually heard of this happening. Just vicious rumours spread by bad players who got booted for being bad.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

If you kick someone that is bad, then at least tell them why, so that they cant cry foul play and spread such rumours. I realise that most times when you get to the point of kicking you have little patience left to sit and explain why (I am guilty of that too), but if everyone did explain, we would have less rumours and more facts. As is now, selling and kicking which are 2 entirely different activities, are getting mixed up way too often.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

If you didn’t beat the boss you don’t deserve the end rewards. You played for fun and got lots of rewards during the run. Be happy.

Sometimes your progress just gets reset.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

If you didn’t beat the boss you don’t deserve the end rewards. You played for fun and got lots of rewards during the run. Be happy.

Does it mean I can kick people at the end and it’s still okay?

YEAAAAAAH!!

Posted by: Jon.1376

Jon.1376

Are you serious? Most people to runs for tokens. No completion, no tokens(basically)

@OP just host it man and dare them to kick you lol

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

If I legit solo a path in Arah, want to sell it via the lfg-Tool and some whiteknights kick me for “fun”, thats okay with Anet, because I’m selling paths at my own risk.

With the same logic, you join dungeonsgroups at your own risk, therefore its 100% fine to kick you at the end and sell the spot.

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

If I legit solo a path in Arah, want to sell it via the lfg-Tool and some whiteknights kick me for “fun”, thats okay with Anet, because I’m selling paths at my own risk.

With the same logic, you join dungeonsgroups at your own risk, therefore its 100% fine to kick you at the end and sell the spot.

Just because Anet is okay with it doesn’t mean we as the community should be okay with either of those.

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Just because Anet is okay with it doesn’t mean we as the community should be okay with either of those.

You’re right, and I am not okay with either of those, but OP asked for an official statement.

Posted by: Konu.1826

Konu.1826

Are you serious? Most people to runs for tokens. No completion, no tokens(basically)

Tokens are just numbers. In case you feel like you lost something for not getting them, I advice you to mark up on a paper the number of tokens you missed. That way you can always see how many tokens you migh have got.

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Since it is impossible to prove causality in this scenario and many others the answer is “nope”

Jon.1376

Tokens are just numbers. In case you feel like you lost something for not getting them, I advice you to mark up on a paper the number of tokens you missed. That way you can always see how many tokens you migh have got.

lmao why would I want to keep up with it? I don’t understand the relevance of your post. tokens take time to farm up for exotics. time is the real lost value here. I believe that is the main point of the thread

Konu.1826

lmao why would I want to keep up with it? I don’t understand the relevance of your post. tokens take time to farm up for exotics. time is the real lost value here. I believe that is the main point of the thread

Even thought you will probably not understand it, you gave me the exact answer I wanted .

Jon.1376

:P then why not just say it yourself

Konu.1826

Because the whole point was to make someone else say it.

Posted by: Space.8053

Space.8053

Happened to me with 2 guys from the same guild in a PUG, kicked everyone at end boss. Luckily I was able to rejoin as they posted their selling SE1 (lol) lfg straight away. Gave them a piece of my mind and reported them.

Would be great if party chat didn’t disappear when you leave a party.

Fat Rob
[TCHU]
Gandara

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Because the whole point was to make someone else say it.

It is interesting how this concept “It’s ok, you had fun along the way”, can be applied to almost anything else, and looks just as weak on anything else.

Konu.1826

It is interesting how this concept “It’s ok, you had fun along the way”, can be applied to almost anything else, and looks just as weak on anything else.

I’m happy someone seems to have solved the puzzle.

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

dumb ppl still do it lol

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Jon.1376

are you saying dumb people run for tokens? there are skins that you can only get from tokens. I personally do not enjoy playing with my character as much until I have it looking the way I want

Posted by: Saint.5647

Saint.5647

Dungeons? Why is seriously buying dungeon “seats” these days?

One True God
Fashion Forward!
Guild Wars Dinosaur

Posted by: Sugar.4582

Sugar.4582

Happened to me with 2 guys from the same guild in a PUG, kicked everyone at end boss. Luckily I was able to rejoin as they posted their selling SE1 (lol) lfg straight away. Gave them a piece of my mind and reported them.

Would be great if party chat didn’t disappear when you leave a party.

2 people kicked 3? :o someone was dumb enough to vote on the first vote kick since it needs 3 votes o.o
SE is way too easy to do .-. just boring who is dumb enough to pay gold for that.