Kicked before dungeon started?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ryptel.5196

Ryptel.5196

I’m a bit baffled tonight. I came back to the game last month after being away since November. My main was an 80 warrior, and I also have an 80 engi and 80 ele. I’ve run countless dungeons with the warrior and engi in everything from clerics to berserker gear. I have no problems in dungeons, especially after shaking off the cobwebs upon returning to this game after 9 months other more simple games.

Currently the warrior is kitted in full exotic zerker gear with runes of the scholar, exotic weps and the standard 30/25/0/0/15 build. My intent was to try some CoF P1 farms tonight to rebuild my gold supply, since everything is so expensive now.

I joined a random group with a coherent description and no $$$’s in the title. The first thing said upon joining was banner check, then ping gear.

Maybe I’m right out to lunch on this, but my assumption on ‘pinging gear’ was to ctrl click a few pieces of gear into group chat to prove you’re not undergeared or in healing or mf stuff. I linked my bp, greatsword and axe. Two people lol’d, and then a loading screen as I was kicked from the group.

Can someone explain to me what the heck happened?

Posted by: Dresden.1736

Dresden.1736

You joined an trashy elitist noob group without pure circle-zerking gear. Consider yourself lucky you aren’t lumped in with those scrubs.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

First of all, those groups aren’t worth joining because despite the fact that they can burst down all the bosses very quickly, there’s usually one or two idiots in the party who either must tell you how to do everything (thus slowing the run down) or they’re just there to farm and are really rude anyways. By the time you wait to assemble an ‘optimal’ farming party, you could have joined a party that might have taken two minutes longer but has party members who are actually there to play GW2, and not play Chinese Gold Farmer.

Secondly if they say ‘ping gear’, they mean everything, so press shift+click on all your armour, your accessories and your weapons. For those ‘speed farm’ whatever groups you should be in full zerker exotics with exotic/ascended zerker accessories + ruby orbs, and greatsword/axe+mace. Everyone in the party except the Mesmer obviously is running the exact same combination. If you ping one or two pieces, get ready to be insta-kicked.

There are enough of these idiots around. Please save yourself and a section of the GW2 community by just running CoF P1 with normal people.

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

well what sigils did you have on your weapons and what runes were on your armor? if they were all zerker exotics/acended gear only those things could have created a “lol” reaction

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Ryptel.5196

Ryptel.5196

If you ping one or two pieces, get ready to be insta-kicked.

That must be it then. I didn’t realize it has become that silly that every single piece of gear must be linked.

Though I only linked 3 items of gear, my warr is fully exotic berserker including accessories, with 6x runes of the scholar on the armor, superior runes of force (5% dmg) in the the gs and axe, and bloodlust in the the offhand mace. Was going to switch out the bloodlust to a dungeon specific one once I had the tokens.

Any tips on avoiding these type of elitists who will snap to kick so quickly? Every time I ask in LA, I get referred to gw2lfg. Every listing on gw2lfg is $$$ and ‘pro only’.

Posted by: lcpdragonslayer.7895

lcpdragonslayer.7895

Most people want superior smothering for 10% damage against flame legion or whatever it is, but superior smothering is kind of useless outside of CoF. My zerker warrior is pretty much used for CoF only so I don’t mind since I main a guardian, but it will become an expensive exercise to keep swapping out your sigils every time you want to run CoF with a bunch of morons.

The only suggestions I have are the tried and true ones – run with your guild or make your own post. ‘LF4M CoF P1 anyone welcome’ will fill up almost instantly.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

make your own post. ‘LF4M CoF P1 anyone welcome’ will fill up almost instantly.

That’s the best ticket to a horrible farm run I have ever read. You get the scum of society signing up in seconds.

just get a sigil of smothering lol XD

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Delay.6908

Delay.6908

Or just get multiple zerker axes. if your farming CoF you have a lot of tokens to spend anyways so why not invest in a CoF axe.

Dr Winston | [DnT]

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

OMG! SOMEBODY EXERCISED THEIR FREEDOM TO PLAY WITH WHOMEVER THEY WANT. I’M GOING TO GO CREATE A POST ABOUT THIS ON THE FORUMS.

Posted by: Ratty.5176

Ratty.5176

Most people want superior smothering for 10% damage against flame legion or whatever it is, but superior smothering is kind of useless outside of CoF.

I’m now running Sup Sigil of Night, same stats as Smothering, but works in 70% of dungeons. But I do need to get a second GS and Mace at some point for when it’s day.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

Most people want superior smothering for 10% damage against flame legion or whatever it is, but superior smothering is kind of useless outside of CoF.

I’m now running Sup Sigil of Night, same stats as Smothering, but works in 70% of dungeons. But I do need to get a second GS and Mace at some point for when it’s day.

Night stacks with smothering on axe/mace set. But yeah, on greatsword you can just use night instead of smothering.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

Posted by: sorrychief.2563

sorrychief.2563

just bring some white/blue gears so when they ask you to ping you show them those items.

champion magus
previously rank 2 on old leaderboards
EG.secret.OG.NAVI.sorrychief

Posted by: cranked.3812

cranked.3812

OMG! SOMEBODY EXERCISED THEIR FREEDOM TO PLAY WITH WHOMEVER THEY WANT. I’M GOING TO GO CREATE A POST ABOUT THIS ON THE FORUMS.

LOL. Could not have said it better myself.

Seriously, enough is enough with these threads. It’s unfortunate that you got booted from a dungeon group, but there are plenty of other people to play with. Find someone else to play with. CoF P1 is especially easy to find a group in less than 5 seconds.

ESRB Notice: Game Experience May Change During Online Play

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

You joined an trashy elitist noob group without pure circle-zerking gear. Consider yourself lucky you aren’t lumped in with those scrubs.

Yes, people who want to speed run a dungeon are elitist noobs. Oh I’m sure they are. It’s not like they want to farm gold as quickly as possible or anything.

To the OP you got booted, big deal, ping more gear next time.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: Jam.4521

Jam.4521

OMG! SOMEBODY EXERCISED THEIR FREEDOM TO BE JERK WITHOUT EXPLAINING THEIR ACTIONS. I’M GOING TO GO CREATE A POST ABOUT THIS ON THE FORUMS.

Fixed for you.

BOOM

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

OMG! SOMEBODY EXERCISED THEIR FREEDOM TO BE JERK WITHOUT EXPLAINING THEIR ACTIONS. I’M GOING TO GO CREATE A POST ABOUT THIS ON THE FORUMS.

Fixed for you.

Isn’t the freedom to be a jerk all about not having to explain why you’re being one?

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

“ctrl-click” there’s your problem. You should shift-click instead.

(edited by Kain Francois.4328)

Posted by: Shamrocky.5036

Shamrocky.5036

Try shift-click so you get them all in one line. Doing ctrl-click is pretty cumbersome.

Posted by: Tinni.4351

Tinni.4351

That’s the best ticket to a horrible farm run I have ever read. You get the scum of society signing up in seconds.

Obviously that wouldn’t be a farming group.

@OP sorry to hear you had the negative experience after returning to the game but yes COF P1 speed runs are notoriously “exact” and you’ll probably find that you need to maintain a separate set of weapons with Sigil of smothering just to get into the farming groups. I guess it’s your call if that’s worth it or if you are okay with having slightly longer runs with a group that’s not speed running or just not hung-up on optimisation.

My brain is shagging under the weight of changes… having six characters was not a good idea!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Obviously that wouldn’t be a farming group.

@OP sorry to hear you had the negative experience after returning to the game but yes COF P1 speed runs are notoriously “exact” and you’ll probably find that you need to maintain a separate set of weapons with Sigil of smothering just to get into the farming groups. I guess it’s your call if that’s worth it or if you are okay with having slightly longer runs with a group that’s not speed running or just not hung-up on optimisation.

Is it really that bad on NA servers? Ive never had an issue finding a speedrun group for cof on EU when providing gear check. Heck most pug groups on EU dont even care about axe+mace and on average dont know what they are doing. Noone has kicked me for not having sigil of smothering yet.

I suspect the group you joined may be a bunch of morons and thought scholar runes are bad, happens more often than you’d think.

Ratty.5176

Is it really that bad on NA servers? Ive never had an issue finding a speedrun group for cof on EU when providing gear check. Heck most pug groups on EU dont even care about axe+mace and on average dont know what they are doing. Noone has kicked me for not having sigil of smothering yet.

I suspect the group you joined may be a bunch of morons and thought scholar runes are bad, happens more often than you’d think.

I had a friend on EU that was kicked for having Ruby Orbs in his Armor.

So literally kicked for having “X of the Bezerker” in a zerker group.

spoj.9672

I had a friend on EU that was kicked for having Ruby Orbs in his Armor.

So literally kicked for having “X of the Bezerker” in a zerker group.

Lol this is surprising to me. I usually try and join the most elitest post on the lfg to ensure decent skilled groups. But even then, most of the warriors dont have proper dps rotations and the mesmers often dont have a clue. Ive never had a gear check group that is that fussy lol.

Ratty.5176

Lol this is surprising to me. I usually try and join the most elitest post on the lfg to ensure decent skilled groups. But even then, most of the warriors dont have proper dps rotations and the mesmers often dont have a clue. Ive never had a gear check group that is that fussy lol.

Yeah I’ve never had issues, even though for a while I was running a Cavalier Backpack, because there was no-way I was paying 5g for a rare guild backpack, when I was saving up FR for the Ascended one for the character. The Runes on my armor aren’t even quite the ideal ones.

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

It’s terrible on EU server…. Everyone is searching for warriors , you mostly get kicked if you are thief or something else then warrior or mesmer but noone cares if you are a bad warrior or a good warrior.
I can’t understand how people can prefer a rifle + longbow warrior over a d/d thief.
Trash warrior > anything else.. I was so confused

[rT]

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I sometimes join groups with my level 1 ranger, so far noone kicked me :o

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Ratty.5176

Wouldn’t that still need to be in the Starter instance?

Dub.1273

Usually chilling in front of Arah.

Dub | [rT]

Anubarak.3012

Wouldn’t that still need to be in the Starter instance?

No you can reach Fireheart Rise with lvl 1..
My mesmer was lvl 2 just because I didn’t skip the first personal storyquest

[rT]

Ratty.5176

How the heck did you manage that, you get a level for completing the Starter zone. and even running it down to Arah would probably get you a level or two for zone exploration.

Anubarak.3012

How the heck did you manage that, you get a level for completing the Starter zone. and even running it down to Arah would probably get you a level or two for zone exploration.

As I sad you can skip this^^
Just join a friend in sPvP
avoiding all the waypoints & points of interrest can be difficult but I can image it’s possible

[rT]

Dub.1273

You get a level for completing the starter zone when you accept the reward.
Go via Heart of the Mists to LA, from there to Bloodtide Coast, Chantry of Secrets, get a portal to Fort Trinity and now get carried exploring only areas you need until you are in Cursed Shore. You’ll end up beeing level 1 1/2. It’s simply important to not kill any mobs and not explore Vistas, Waypoints or unlock too many zones.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Ratty.5176

As I sad you can skip this^^
Just join a friend in sPvP
avoiding all the waypoints & points of interrest can be difficult but I can image it’s possible

I wondered if it was an sPvP trick. However even avoiding the WP you get XP just for entering parts of the map.

Dub.1273

As i said, don’t unlock too many parts of the map. One unlocked area gives you about 2-5% of a level, if i remember right.

Dub | [rT]

Ratty.5176

As i said, don’t unlock too many parts of the map. One unlocked area gives you about 2-5% of a level, if i remember right.

written before your post.

spoj.9672

Im guessing you were bored when you tried this haha.

Dub.1273

Yeah, probably.

Seems more like 1-2% btw.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Rysinsun.7306

Rysinsun.7306

Ironic really that a game which boasts not having a trinity system to make dungeon running “easier” is now plagued with people demanding that you have an exact set of gear to even be part of the group. Now I know that there are always people like that in these kind of games, and I avoid them like the plague because they tend to lack social graces and manners…

OP they did you a favor as others have said. Being kicked for having one or two slightly different pieces of gear is laughable and simply proves that one or two people in that group are indeed looking to be carried by “properly” geared players.

I always take the player over the profession/gear any day and wouldn’t you know it, I have little to no trouble finding dungeons runs as I have made friends by following this approach. Almost all of them go very smoothly too.

TLDR: A little kindness goes a long way. So my advice is to start making your own groups and expand your friends list, not only does it make future runs easier but the runs themselves easier too.

Bright.9160

Now I know that there are always people like that in these kind of games, and I avoid them like the plague because they tend to lack social graces and manners…

TIL wanting to be efficient and using your right to choose who you want/don’t want to play with = lacking social graces and manners.

I’m not saying there aren’t a lot of morons and sh*tters in the CoF crowd that think they’re god’s gift to mankind, but generalizations are never good.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Dub.1273

People are even calling me elitist and jerk when i just point out that our guardian could use wall of reflection at alphard so we won’t wipe again, using the argument of “play like you want”. Something must be really going wrong in their heads.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

Ironic really that a game which boasts not having a trinity system to make dungeon running “easier” is now plagued with people demanding that you have an exact set of gear to even be part of the group. Now I know that there are always people like that in these kind of games, and I avoid them like the plague because they tend to lack social graces and manners…

OP they did you a favor as others have said. Being kicked for having one or two slightly different pieces of gear is laughable and simply proves that one or two people in that group are indeed looking to be carried by “properly” geared players.

I always take the player over the profession/gear any day and wouldn’t you know it, I have little to no trouble finding dungeons runs as I have made friends by following this approach. Almost all of them go very smoothly too.

TLDR: A little kindness goes a long way. So my advice is to start making your own groups and expand your friends list, not only does it make future runs easier but the runs themselves easier too.

By group looking to be carried, your actually thinking the opposite.

You want to be carried by good players by wearing subpar gear, not choosing proper utilities, playing lulz classes, by other people who spec properly. Not vice versa.

Also remember, their runs go smoothly too, in fact smoother than yours. Also takes less time.

Remember “smooth” =//= efficient

Ratty.5176

People are even calling me elitist and jerk when i just point out that our guardian could use wall of reflection at alphard so we won’t wipe again, using the argument of “play like you want”. Something must be really going wrong in their heads.

Yeah had the same thing on a Asuran Fractal run. Guardian refusing to help out the team with Walls of Reflection, because apparently there are different builds and everyone doesn’t have to play the same.

And to be honest there are different builds, but just because I run a D/D ele doesn’t mean I don’t swap in a Focus when that will be more useful to the team.

The CoF speed run team is just that, it’s a run done for the sake of being really fast. I wouldn’t call that people wanting people with a certain spec to make up for their bad playing. Just a team wanting to get things done in the fastest time possible.

Where I do have an issue is a team needing a third Guardian in Fractals because they can’t dodge an arrow. Or the other 2 not being able to rotate reflects well. That is really people wanting to be carried. I really get worried when a team mate says OK we need a Guard in the last slot when we already have a Guard and an Ele or a Guard and a Thief.

(edited by Ratty.5176)

Bright.9160

“Smooth” = parallel lines and parallel lines = efficient? That means “smooth” = efficient bro. Basic math dude.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Now I know that there are always people like that in these kind of games, and I avoid them like the plague because they tend to lack social graces and manners…

TIL wanting to be efficient and using your right to choose who you want/don’t want to play with = lacking social graces and manners.

I’m not saying there aren’t a lot of morons and sh*tters in the CoF crowd that think they’re god’s gift to mankind, but generalizations are never good.

And those runs, admittedly littered with crap warriors, still go faster than non-zerker runs. It’s literally the stats getting those people through those runs, no skill needed. So people not being properly geared can impact the run.

Heck, I’ve had 3 warriors DIE at the Effigy, the mesmer and myself still killed it faster than most non-zerker groups.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Is this on US-Servers? I play on Gandara EU and I never get kicked, I never get asked for gear check and I play whatever I want to play (I also bring a Ranger or Necro). I usually just stand in front of the COF entrance, cuz there are always 10-20 ppl standing there and ask for a group and we run through in usually 7-10mins, easy thing.

I just wonder where this happens all the time (reading often here all the time).

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

spoj.9672

Is this on US-Servers? I play on Gandara EU and I never get kicked, I never get asked for gear check and I play whatever I want to play (I also bring a Ranger or Necro). I usually just stand in front of the COF entrance, cuz there are always 10-20 ppl standing there and ask for a group and we run through in usually 7-10mins, easy thing.

I just wonder where this happens all the time (reading often here all the time).

On gw2lfg.com. I never look for groups in map chat as gandara is filled with far too many casuals or WvW’ers and mixed classes wanting to do cof. Im in TAC now and its still a struggle to find decent players who actually do speedruns. The players i do speedruns with are friends from our old smaller guild and we all learnt and rerolled together.

(edited by spoj.9672)

laharl.8435

It only happens when people join standard speed run groups, but don’t have the standard setup (warrior/mes/full zerk/zerk orbs, scholar runes/standard sigils).

There are still plenty of regular runs advertised on gw2lfg. Sometimes the wrong people wander into the speed run groups and get rear end hurt (lol censor) when they aren’t accepted.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Rysinsun.7306

Well fine when I said “lacking social graces and manners” I meant the type of people who talk crap when the slightest thing goes wrong, or someone is doing 1% less damage because of <insert most nonsensical reason here> and suddenly it’s the end of the world as their farming run is going to take a whole few seconds longer.

Rysinsun.7306

By group looking to be carried, your actually thinking the opposite.

You want to be carried by good players by wearing subpar gear, not choosing proper utilities, playing lulz classes, by other people who spec properly. Not vice versa.

Also remember, their runs go smoothly too, in fact smoother than yours. Also takes less time.

I want to be carried by good players? Hmmm no I don’t think I do. But sure a lot of other people do and they tend to be the ones who cause the most drama when one person is the wrong profession or has the tiniest alteration on their gear. To each their own I guess.

laharl.8435

Well fine when I said “lacking social graces and manners” I meant the type of people who talk crap when the slightest thing goes wrong, or someone is doing 1% less damage because of <insert most nonsensical reason here> and suddenly it’s the end of the world as their farming run is going to take a whole few seconds longer.

You’re confusing a random idiot (the guy who yells at a pug), with speed run groups. Competent people know losing their temper with a pug will get you nowhere. In fact, some of the best speed runners are among the most patient of players. They take the time and thought to perfect their builds and use trial and error to design the perfect strategies.

All the speed runners I know, many from this forum, are very friendly. Efficient dungeon runners are asking for specific classes with specific setups because they want the desired result of very fast dungeon completion. They’re not being mean to people, they just want the the most bang for their buck.

Speed runners aren’t telling anyone how to run their dungeons. We’re cool with everyone running the way they want to. Why does everyone have to tell us how we should be running?

(edited by laharl.8435)

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

I like how people continue to complain about elitists, when the OP most likely used CTRL to ping his equipment rather than SHIFT.

I would’ve kicked also. I don’t like when people spam up my chat.