Kicked by a childlish act from FotM

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: kikojak.7051

kikojak.7051

So today i i found a party for lvl 19 for fractals and it all went smooth the swamp was ready at the beginning and we were all experienced and skilled. When we reached the forth and final fractal the one with the Molten berserker and firestorm one of us, most probably the leader said that we stack on the berserker all agreed and we went for it. Although for me i never saw anyone go with that strategy on this fractal. I would normally go ranged with everyone else and finish it quickly. But this time we tried stacking and it didn’t work. I tried my best we were all stacked dpsing but everyone died quickly. We were failing already for the third time already and i got impatient and said that this strategy sucked, and that we went for ranged like everyone does. The leader started questioning me that no one does that even though i did that over 20 times already with even more experienced players. So even though he argued others agreed and we went for it but everyone suddenly stopped moving on the bridge they weren’t moving for few secs and the bridge opened beneath them and they vanished. I turned around and saw them heading for the berserker ranged just like i said so we started killing and everything went well he was 70% and no one was downed unlike the last time so clearly my strategy the regular one worked. And just as i said “See this works” the loading screen of LA showed up instantly. So from my experience this only happend when i get kicked so i started raging and wanted to report him for kicking me on the last fractal. But i did not remember his name on the character, so im asking here can i somehow see my history list of the parties i had so i can see that player and report him because i don’t want to let him get away with that childlish act. And also on top of that the next fractal got bugged and we had to reset that too… Than i simply ragequitted the game and went here to whine :P. So yeah if any of you have had a similar kick for no reason share it here. It will be at least interesting. As for the report is there a possibility i can find that player?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Sorry you were kicked. There isn’t a way to get that info atm though.

This said, people don’t usually range molten. I find it interesting that you say that’s how you do it always. But that’s fine, whatever lol.

I get why they kicked you though. I hate hearing “I told you so” No matter the situation.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

kikojak.7051

it’s funny because i didn’t even say that i didn’t have the time to they instantly kicked me. But yea though we ussally go ranged on the berserker maybe one will go melee. It’s just mixed but it works out smooth.

kikojak.7051

Now that i have calmed down and remembered the situation quite deeply i did say more things that were rude so the party got hesistant that im the one bringing the problems, since i whined the most .So that they would not have to deal with that they decided to kick me and also because that i am not familiar with meleeing the berserker only. So it was actually maybe 2 times or 1 that we failed instead of 3 i guess i started becoming impatient for some reason but anyway it was half my fault too but still kicking me on the last fractal was pretty childlish since when we went on my tactics we were actually owning the boss. Still the advice from this situation is keep your mouth shut.

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Now that i have calmed down and remembered the situation quite deeply i did say more things that were rude so the party got hesistant that im the one bringing the problems, since i whined the most .So that they would not have to deal with that they decided to kick me and also because that i am not familiar with meleeing the berserker only. So it was actually maybe 2 times or 1 that we failed instead of 3 i guess i started becoming impatient for some reason but anyway it was half my fault too but still kicking me on the last fractal was pretty childlish since when we went on my tactics we were actually owning the boss. Still the advice from this situation is keep your mouth shut.

I agree. Still sucks and I’m sorry you were kicked

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Silberfisch.3046

Silberfisch.3046

Ranging the berserker – sometimes including switching with fast hitting attacks on the firestorm every 25% to negate the soft enrage – isn’t that uncommon. People usually employ that in a group that doesn’t carry enough dps to bring down the berserker fast enough before being “fire carpeted” by the enraged firestorm, if they lack reflects or most likely a combination of both.
Or if they are afraid to go toe to toe with a big melee berserker thingy and maybe have trouble jumping over the shockwaves in close quarters.

It was most likely a combination of some of the above that caused the trouble you had with the duo.
All in all, burning down the berserker quickly in close quarters is the more efficient solution if you can deal with the aforementioned difficulties. Not only in respect to the time it takes but also in respect to the “room for error” aspect. Ranging the berserker draws out the fight and increases the odds of someone being fried by the firestorm. Which is why I can only recommend to train the melee variant.

That aside, as Lilith already said, being kicked on the last fractal sucks, but as well like her I can get what might have provoked the kick. :/

If you happen to stumble across any typos,
you may keep them to rear new and interesting variants in your basement.

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

My #1 rule of behaviour while pugging is:

• If you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all.

Some people are short fuses.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Yep, that’s one of the reasons why I never pug. I’d lose my sanity and everyone else’s at the same time. Too impulsive, too impatient.

Anyway, glad to see you’re getting over it op. I’ve never had the disgrace of being kicked like that but I know it must suck; still, the fact that you’re starting to understand their reasons [some of the reasons of the kick] is very encouraging. Not for them, for you.
Acknowledging that you might have done something wrong is so good for you – not only because you can try to avoid getting yourself in the same situation, but mostly because you can accept it and move on. Really, really satisfying that you’re not just trying to put all the blame on everyone else.
Still, kicking at the last boss is at best… extreme. It’s mean and should be avoided, it really sucks. But eh, I guess you can’t really think straight when you’re angry. I embrace and accept human emotions with all the downsides.
I wish you Giganticus Lupicus.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

You can range the molten zerk but on higher lvls he has much much much more hp. It would take forever to range him. Keep in mind that while on ranged the other boss spawns aoe everywhere because party is scattered and in some point the party wipes because it’s imposible to dodge.

So why is melee better? I love my ele in fractals. I make the deal with my party i freeze the zerker as soon as he appears with frost bow when he has no stacks then we have a few extra seconds to do massive dps. After that scatter and range or melee if possible. Eventually you learn how to skip zerks waves ( i play since launch and got the fire shaman and molten achievements on lvl 50 lol)

And another thing. If you didn’t start the fractal, keep your opinion for yourself. You will be kicked if acting sassy

Posted by: bretfrag.5607

bretfrag.5607

Even if you were a little whiny and tactless, no one with any sense of decency should think that’s enough of a reason to kick you on the last kitten fractal.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Yep, that’s one of the reasons why I never pug. I’d lose my sanity and everyone else’s at the same time. Too impulsive, too impatient.

I go to my happy place whenever things go south badly. It’s a place of happiness and harmony where everyone wears (aesthetically skinned) Berserker’s gear, runs the most efficient build for each occasion and researches the strategies for the encounter at hand before joining the group.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I go to my happy place whenever things go south badly. It’s a place of happiness and harmony where everyone wears (aesthetically skinned) Berserker’s gear, runs the most efficient build for each occasion and researches the strategies for the encounter at hand before joining the group.

:3 I just like to play with my friends. Even when they don’t want to, they’re with me.
There’s no reason for me to play if I don’t have likeminded people around me. The feeling of protecting and being protected by someone. Of sharing.
Nah, pugs aren’t for me. I’d rather not play.
Still, you should teach me how to do that because when things go south I exhibit the worst of me

Posted by: Agony.3542

Agony.3542

Even if you were a little whiny and tactless, no one with any sense of decency should think that’s enough of a reason to kick you on the last kitten fractal.

Well as the saying goes… you reap what you sow.
I can fully understand people beeing very short tempered aswell as reluctant to kick anyone they deem to be a scumbag casual (warning:bait), even if the person really isn’t and the circumstances don’t really justify a kick.
After all we had to put up with people calling “berserker is exploiting”, “active defense op”, “make anti stack AI” and all the wonderful, marvelous, heartwarming rocks anet threw in our way and on our feet in order to “combat the zerker issue”.

RIP game 2012-2014

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Yea people are mean.

FenrirSlakt.3692

Still, you should teach me how to do that because when things go south I exhibit the worst of me

I adopted this practice after repeatedly getting pre-nerf Dredge in numerous occasions while pugging.

It’s a variation of the Kübler-Ross model. Instead of following the usual order (Denial-> Anger-> Bargaining-> Depression-> Acceptance), I simply skip from Denial to Acceptance. The moment things start looking less than ideal, I just take a deep breath, sigh, smile and move onward.
In the end, I probably made some mistakes too, and getting frustrated will only make me more prone to overlook them.

After some time I also started partially using this principle iRL, and as a result I rarely ever get mad. <:

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

So today i i found a party for lvl 19 for fractals and it all went smooth the swamp was ready at the beginning and we were all experienced and skilled. When we reached the forth and final fractal the one with the Molten berserker and firestorm one of us, most probably the leader said that we stack on the berserker all agreed and we went for it. Although for me i never saw anyone go with that strategy on this fractal. I would normally go ranged with everyone else and finish it quickly. But this time we tried stacking and it didn’t work. I tried my best we were all stacked dpsing but everyone died quickly. We were failing already for the third time already and i got impatient and said that this strategy sucked, and that we went for ranged like everyone does. The leader started questioning me that no one does that even though i did that over 20 times already with even more experienced players. So even though he argued others agreed and we went for it but everyone suddenly stopped moving on the bridge they weren’t moving for few secs and the bridge opened beneath them and they vanished. I turned around and saw them heading for the berserker ranged just like i said so we started killing and everything went well he was 70% and no one was downed unlike the last time so clearly my strategy the regular one worked. And just as i said “See this works” the loading screen of LA showed up instantly. So from my experience this only happend when i get kicked so i started raging and wanted to report him for kicking me on the last fractal. But i did not remember his name on the character, so im asking here can i somehow see my history list of the parties i had so i can see that player and report him because i don’t want to let him get away with that childlish act. And also on top of that the next fractal got bugged and we had to reset that too… Than i simply ragequitted the game and went here to whine :P. So yeah if any of you have had a similar kick for no reason share it here. It will be at least interesting. As for the report is there a possibility i can find that player?

Doesn’t matter if you report. If they kicked you because they didn’t like you that isn’t against the rules. Sounds to me like you were probably verbally abusive and people got fed up with your attitude and kicked you and you tried to make yourself look like the victim in your little story.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I always range the Molten bosses. Gives me more time to dodge their shockwaves/fireballs that way.

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

I had a terrible fotm day yesterday the community is very toxic now. And kick system getting abused like I never saw before.

I play meta utility guardian I think I’m ok I know my class I practice a lot..

So I join this group 3th frac nothing big happen only that there is one guadian with staff…

And a other who has falling dmg traited

I saw it when he jump down

The guard want range it. One guy want melee we do melee hacking long time boss only goes down to 50 % before we die.

Then melee the guard with staff and healing power stack signet stays alive all the time while we die. He is like c’mon guys

I’m full berserker I try my best but die rezzing or die after a while since the fight took ages.

I say maybe we try stay closer together

I see loading screen

Then next run I reach 3th frac very smooth run

I have a short dc in 2 minutes highest

I be kicked from the group

Why u guys so aggro in dungeons these days?

Posted by: Keiel.7489

Keiel.7489

Can’t you kill the seeker with 1 backstab in fotm 19?

[DONE]

Posted by: Azrael.4960

Azrael.4960

Hmmm depending on the PUG, I’d normally mix it up. With some pugs I’ll melee and if I’m on my A-game, I’ll manage to dodge every one of his shockwaves even while at melee range. Berserker’s tell before the shockwaves come is huge. All you have to do is time it right so that when he reaches the top of his jump you start your jump. Also, as a warrior, using axe and sword here is much better than greatsword because of the speed of your attacks. You can get a lot more hits in with the Dual agility trait so that even though GS does more damage, your average DPS will be higher with axe sword. If I miss a shockwave or I get hit, I just back off and longbow him for a while until healsig gets me back up and I melee him again. It just takes practice. Hell, I’ve even solo’d him like this. However, when you take him down and it’s “double the tech” time, switch in a second axe instead. The dredge isn’t anywhere near as tough and you don’t really need a block.

Posted by: DeathPanel.8362

DeathPanel.8362

I had a terrible fotm day yesterday the community is very toxic now. And kick system getting abused like I never saw before.

I play meta utility guardian I think I’m ok I know my class I practice a lot..

So I join this group 3th frac nothing big happen only that there is one guadian with staff…

And a other who has falling dmg traited

I saw it when he jump down

The guard want range it. One guy want melee we do melee hacking long time boss only goes down to 50 % before we die.

Then melee the guard with staff and healing power stack signet stays alive all the time while we die. He is like c’mon guys

I’m full berserker I try my best but die rezzing or die after a while since the fight took ages.

I say maybe we try stay closer together

I see loading screen

Then next run I reach 3th frac very smooth run

I have a short dc in 2 minutes highest

I be kicked from the group

Why u guys so aggro in dungeons these days?

I’ve seen someone get kicked for loading into fotm too slowly. (I did not second that vote) I promptly kicked that person that initiated that vote because I despise those types of people.

Having said that if you don’t come back in like 10+ minutes then it would be reasonable to kick.

Posted by: linuxotaku.4731

linuxotaku.4731

You can range the molten zerk but on higher lvls he has much much much more hp. It would take forever to range him. Keep in mind that while on ranged the other boss spawns aoe everywhere because party is scattered and in some point the party wipes because it’s imposible to dodge.

I’ve ranged him on 49 and 50. It goes much faster melee, if you can pull that off — but I’ve seen more PUGs doing ranged than melee. The last time I did it (49), after 3 failed tries (definitely didn’t feel like a full DPS party, though I was wearing my full DPS gear) — we started (mostly) melee and switched to ranged once there were too many red circles — that worked.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I’ve ranged him on 49 and 50. It goes much faster melee, if you can pull that off — but I’ve seen more PUGs doing ranged than melee. The last time I did it (49), after 3 failed tries (definitely didn’t feel like a full DPS party, though I was wearing my full DPS gear) — we started (mostly) melee and switched to ranged once there were too many red circles — that worked.

Pretty much don’t have a choice when you get people that aren’t all-out DPS and don’t utilize their skills to their fullest and/or spam cc without thinking. It’s pretty much guaranteed success rate with a well-timed deep freeze, reflects, time warp (if there’s a mesmer) and 2 ice storms with both banners. Sadly this is too much to ask of most pugs, so yeah ranging is just about the only option you have in some cases.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

I always range the Molten bosses. Gives me more time to dodge their shockwaves/fireballs that way.

If done right (especially at lower scales where they have less HP), they die before they do more than 1 shockwave. And fireballs are a non-issue if you have one of the four: mesmer/guard/thief/ele.

Sadly this is too much to ask of most pugs, so yeah ranging is just about the only option you have in some cases.

Even if they can’t kill the Zerker, meleeing it to at least 50% (and then ranging once too many fire fields spawn) is completely doable.

(edited by Aleth.9630)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Sadly this is too much to ask of most pugs, so yeah ranging is just about the only option you have in some cases.

Even if they can’t kill the Zerker, meleeing it to at least 50% (and then ranging once too many fire fields spawn) is completely doable.

It’s not when he immediately teleports away from you to the other pugs right when you attack. :\

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

Disagree. If you’re making a bad experience worse with your attitude that’s very much controllable and better kept to yourself, see ya.

Honestly I’d rather be with a bad pug that is verbally pleasant and has a positive attitude than in a good pug with someone whining and being negative.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

And fireballs are a non-issue if you have one of the four: mesmer/guard/thief/ele.

Really? I could have sworn that his fireballs were not reflectable. I’ll have to try that out again sometime.

Posted by: Aleth.9630

Aleth.9630

And fireballs are a non-issue if you have one of the four: mesmer/guard/thief/ele.

Really? I could have sworn that his fireballs were not reflectable. I’ll have to try that out again sometime.

They fly from very high-up, so wall/curtain/smokescreen is often not tall enough for a lot of them, but standing inside Swirling/Feedback/Shield means you’re pretty much safe from them.

One thing you can do with wall/smokescreen is jump when their cast is about to finish so they become a bit taller, that can help a lot.

Posted by: Lodius.5392

Lodius.5392

Yeah I try to be supportive of those that were kicked… but FYI… if you are going to say stuff like that wait until you get your reward chest lol.

I have seen people kicked for saying stuff like “that way doesn’t work”… if 4/5 people are doing it that way… just shutup and try it. If it doesn’t work… then be NICE about the way you suggest doing it differently.

However, I always melee this guy as well… I have never ranged him.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

The real problem is the two person kick system. I am certain that in 90% of the cases I’ve been kicked, it wouldn’t have happened if a kick actually required a majority to go through. 2/5 is a silly number and allows two friends r guildies to completely dominate the party. 3/5 would have been a far better system… But we’ve been saying this since the game released and Anet clearly doesn’t give a kitten.

The other day I made the mistake of doing a lvl 38 snowblind with a group that had two from the same guild. I jumped down to the bottom and lit the bonfire while they ran down the long way. wall was about 25% down by the time they arrived at which time one of them got killed. That’s when the whining started and they went on about how i’d “started before they were ready” as if the 3 min it took them to run down was not enough time to get ready. Considering it was alvl 38 fract they shouldn’t have been surprised. In fact I made it easier on them because they didn’t have to kite for as long. Anyway I said “wouldn’t have mattered when I started, you’d be dead anyway” and the LA loading screen appeared two seconds later.

Moral of the story, two kittened players can ruin everything because the kick system allows them to abuse it. Never going to understand why anet has decided that a minority can kick.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.