Kicked from Fractals for playing what I enjoy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

When is this kitten ever going to end? So I like playing my ranger, does this mean I become the blacksheep of the group as soon as something goes haywire?

So I joined this level 49 Fractal group, First and second fractal went just fine, then the third was Legendary Imbued Shaman aka the Pug killer.

Being a ranger, I prefer the longbow on this boss for the strong ranged dps and stealth for those annoying grubs that spawn.

So what happens is that everybody in my group went down because we didn’t have enough dps to take down the army of grubs that spawn. I was the only one standing and tried to kill some of the grubs to rally my teammates, this didn’t work out and suddenly I was standing in Lion’s Arch again.

This all really started on the second fractal when apparently the electric orbs the Harpy shoot that knock you down, Is now a ranger skill and I got told not to use the electric orb skill? So at that point they started hating at me, gentle but still.

I guess this story also fits for other classes such as Necromancer and Engineer these days. Pathetic really. I just wish people would look at their own faults and failures from time to time and stop pointing fingers at the ’’inferior’’ classes.

My 2 cents for today.

Get Crit!

Posted by: Nick.6972

Nick.6972

No offense to you. Feel free to play ow you want to play.
But personally, I dislike rangers who use Longbow and stand as far as its possible from the mob/boss not giving anyone anything – boons, buffs, etc.
I rather have full zerk GS warrior with 5 signets.

Posted by: Stubie.5834

Stubie.5834

Camping longbow on a ranger is bad I’m dungeons but on that fight I see no problem using longbow. I use longbow and S/W. Staying alive on some fights is more important then max dps. You did nothing wrong IMO.

Posted by: VOLTCIEAGE.3029

VOLTCIEAGE.3029

PVE is just broken blame devs not players because they can`t fix pve for over a year , stacking in corners rules !!!!!!! you should be happy that you are not engi . ranger can take gs , spoter+spirit and has META BUILD necro also but engi is crap when you look at his dps .

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I’m sorry for your bad experience, but expecting civility and accommodation from random strangers on the internet is not a reasonable expectation. If you want to play LB ranger, you’d be better served to find a guild that will accept what you prefer to bring than expecting the convenience of PuGging to lead to the same courtesy.

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

Why pugs died in GW. They blamed Heroes.. but, they always blame something.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Robinschultz.9652

Robinschultz.9652

I am not some longbow camping bearbow, I use my sword with axe in off-hand and greatsword on swap. Like I said I prefer longbow in THAT fight, because no ranger is crazy enough to use sword on shaman.

Plus I am running this so called 4/5/0/5/0 build with Spotter and Frost Spirit, because god forbid if you didn’t you probably wouldn’t be allowed anywhere.

Get Crit!

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

No offense to you. Feel free to play ow you want to play.
But personally, I dislike rangers who use Longbow and stand as far as its possible from the mob/boss not giving anyone anything – boons, buffs, etc.
I rather have full zerk GS warrior with 5 signets.

Well… yeah. This topic is just about that. The overwhelming majority would prefer a GS warrior, even if the player instead of which they prefer this warrior, is simply better. This is a narrow-mindedness coupled with wretchedness of dungeons. Players simply have forgotten how to think “outside the box”. Or rather, outside the corner

(edited by MeGaZlo.9516)

Nick.6972

It’s hard to find a competent Ranger who knows how to play and maximize damage.
I’ve done countless of high level fractal runs with rangers and engineers.
At least play GS ranger.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

My First character was a Ranger and Im running a full Zerker full bow build
I kite and keep myself out of danger while maintaining my DPS

I don’t play fractals or dungeons with him though mainly because I hate playing with arrogant douchbags who insist on map breakouts and stacking around corners because they lack the skill to actually play the game properly

im more than happy to take noobs into dungeons and get them experienced and yet the slightest mistake by one member and he’s kicked…

I hate these people and I hate playing with them.. they ruin dungeons for everyone who doesn’t consider themselves a hardcore dungeon runner..

I know my builds work I’ve taken down enough champion group event bosses completely solo to know they work

and im sick of seeing newer players kicked out of dungeon groups because some zerker warrior ahole gets downed and blames the groups dps instead of admitting that he can’t dodge for crap and his build has zero survivability

the noob aint holding the group back its the idiot calling himself a pro and getting killed all the time

Posted by: Funset.7893

Funset.7893

I don’t play fractals or dungeons with him though mainly because I hate playing with arrogant douchbags who insist on map breakouts and stacking around corners because they lack the skill to actually play the game properly

Dont hate the players. If Anet wanted the players to play this game properly, they wouldnt allow gimmick mechanics like skipping tons of adds, hiding behind corners, luring bosses to specific spots etc.

Posted by: Trog.2918

Trog.2918

The thing that makes the least sense is LFG parties looking for player with a minimum of 7000 achievement points or some other high number. These are the self righteous ‘Gods’ of the game who alienate newer players. I have almost 8500 achievement points and by that standard I would be welcomed into most parties. But, I have very little experience in any dungeons or fractals because I rarely play them so that is another dumb theory out the window.

A lot of players are just selfish. They take the attitude that you should do something for them, like buff them. And players ALWAYS blame someone else for a wipe. There always has to be one person they see let the group down but no one will ever admit it was them. Obviously it was the ranger going ‘pew pew’ and not buffing. “ROAR, I’m a big strong warrior and the only reason I died was because that stupid ranger didn’t have spotter up so I did less damage. KICK HIM”.

This is one of many reasons I don’t use LFG and only play dungeons / fractals if it is a guild run. One thing ANET will never be able to fix, is the petty minded, self-centred, short-sighted arrogance of some players

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

At least play GS ranger.

You know sword is better than GS right…?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Posted by: Smooth Penguin.5294

Smooth Penguin.5294

Unfortunately, we need DPS on the boss fight. If you’re unable to meet the group’s standards, the vote kick is our option. This is no offense to you as a player, but just the group needing someone who can contribute more.

In GW2, Trading Post plays you!

Posted by: Kibazuka.1390

Kibazuka.1390

At least play GS ranger.

You know sword is better than GS right…?

And combining them for a proper rotation is better than both.

Ranger – Drakkar Lake[DE]
Full melee Ranger since August 2012

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

Dont hate the players. If Anet wanted the players to play this game properly, they wouldnt allow gimmick mechanics like skipping tons of adds, hiding behind corners, luring bosses to specific spots etc.

They DON’T “allow” it. Players do it ANYWAY, even if it means breaking the map to skip mobs (like was done in Arah for some time), or even risking a critical NPC glitching (Deetha in AC). These same players then have the GALL to get angry at Arena.net for not accomodating them.

Spider in AC fixed so that you can’t scum it anymore? Players lost their kitten. The Aether path in TA doesn’t work with skipping mobs? Players lost their kitten and don’t play it. They WANT quick and easy. This is entirely a player-side problem.

Posted by: Zackie.8923

Zackie.8923

they should just scrap the kick system.

or if anyone gets kicked, the whole group restarts all progress.

chemiclord.3978

The problem there is that you would wind up in situations like in GW1 where one person could then completely troll the rest of the group by inhibiting progress and there’d be nothing the rest of the group could do about it.

Zackie.8923

The problem there is that you would wind up in situations like in GW1 where one person could then completely troll the rest of the group by inhibiting progress and there’d be nothing the rest of the group could do about it.

put in a blacklist person option too so that you won’t ever play with him again.

or change kick vote to require 4 votes

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

Maybe you’re not interested in understanding why people would be frustrated by your play style, but I’ll tell you anyway.

For the harpy part, unless the rest of the team can provide near permanent reflect uptime you should be bringing traited offhand axe. Camping longbow away from the team isn’t helping anyone, you’re also denying your team spotter if you’re standing that far away.

For imbued shaman – it probably wasn’t a lack of dps, but cleave/reflects. Longbow may be decent single target dps but barrage is not going to cut it for a big pack of mobs. Greatsword is excellent for the grub phase, its also a good defensive weapon with a low cd block and an evade on the auto. Once again offhand axe is majorly helpful, although you want to wait till you see the shaman’s firestorm before channeling whirling defense since the animation will lock you in place. If you insist on bringing a ranged swap, axe/axe will be better then longbow. The bouncing auto will also help you clear the grubs. And stealth? So you can let the rest of your team deal with agro while you run away? You can understand why that would be frustrating. You absolutely can use mainhand sword (and I do), you just need to practice weapon swap/skill canceling the auto-attack animation.

So basically, you’re denying your team a lot of important support while doing only moderate single target dps.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

(edited by rfdarko.4639)

Zackie.8923

Maybe you’re not interested in understanding why people would be frustrated by your play style, but I’ll tell you anyway.

For the harpy part, unless the rest of the team can provide near permanent reflect uptime you should be bringing traited offhand axe. Camping longbow away from the team isn’t helping anyone, you’re also denying your team spotter if you’re standing that far away.

For imbued shaman – it probably wasn’t a lack of dps, but cleave/reflects. Longbow may be decent single target dps but barrage is not going to cut it for a big pack of mobs. Greatsword is excellent for the grub phase, its also a good defensive weapon with a low cd block and an evade on the auto. Once again offhand axe is majorly helpful, although you want to wait till you see the shaman’s firestorm before channeling whirling defense since the animation will lock you in place. If you insist on bringing a ranged swap, axe/axe will be better then longbow. The bouncing auto will also help you clear the grubs. And stealth? So you can let the rest of your team deal with agro while you run away? You can understand why that would be frustrating. You absolutely can use mainhand sword (and I do), you just need to practice weapon swap/skill canceling the auto-attack animation.

So basically, you’re denying your team a lot of important support while doing only moderate single target dps.

oh so if someone doesn’t play well he should be kicked?

if someone doesn’t use meta builds he should be kicked?

whats next? if someone gets downed he be kicked?

if i don’t like a huge norn blocking my view he be kicked too?

kicking for such is as stupid as blaming commanders when zergs fail him.

anet should scrap the kick system, too many immature people kicking others because of stupid reasons. if not it may give rise to a toxic community.

Posted by: Trog.2918

Trog.2918

Unfortunately, we need DPS on the boss fight. If you’re unable to meet the group’s standards, the vote kick is our option. This is no offense to you as a player, but just the group needing someone who can contribute more.

And just how do you know who is doing the most / least DPS? In WoW we had DPS metres in add-ons, but they don’t exist here do they? So surely it’s just assumption about DPS.

I recently saw a video where a Necro matched a Warrior for DPS. The thousand blades was matched with Life Blast on a glass cannon Necro.

If you got kicked Penguin, would you just shrug your shoulders and say “Well that’s fair, I must have been doing the lowest DPS”?

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

And just how do you know who is doing the most / least DPS? In WoW we had DPS metres in add-ons, but they don’t exist here do they? So surely it’s just assumption about DPS.

I recently saw a video where a Necro matched a Warrior for DPS. The thousand blades was matched with Life Blast on a glass cannon Necro.

If you got kicked Penguin, would you just shrug your shoulders and say “Well that’s fair, I must have been doing the lowest DPS”?

I think it’s the part he want to use longbow for the grubs and insist stealth is useful there.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

I am not some longbow camping bearbow, I use my sword with axe in off-hand and greatsword on swap. Like I said I prefer longbow in THAT fight, because no ranger is crazy enough to use sword on shaman.

Plus I am running this so called 4/5/0/5/0 build with Spotter and Frost Spirit, because god forbid if you didn’t you probably wouldn’t be allowed anywhere.

The build you’re running sounds fine. Traits are up to par. Utilities are good, although you might want to drop some things for encounter-specific utilities (see below). Weapons are good, and the offhand axe is probably justified over warhorn in this instance (Axe #5 FTW); rfdarko.4639 has also given some good advice in this area, so listen to them.

The shaman is not that hard to melee assuming you know the fight mechanics, and either you don’t have aggro, or your group has reflects that they don’t need to save for the lava elementals when his bubble pops. I would really suggest trying to find some low level fractals on which to practice fighting the shaman; you can fairly often find groups from level 1 to into the 20s advertising that they’re on the third fractal and are looking for additional members; these groups are almost invariably stuck on this exact encounter, so join them. These groups are very unlikely to kick you, although the instance owner might rage in frustration. If you have some idea of what you’re doing, and especially if you have an idea of what other classes can do (just read gw2dungeons.net entry on this encounter, for all the things other classes can take/do to make this fight easier), you’ll probably be regarded as a hero for joining, and get some relatively fast karma, one gold (oh, the fantastic rewards), a pristine fractal relic, and maybe an extra 0.0495 gold (i.e. a ring you don’t need anymore, probably isn’t even infused, and probably has a stat combination so bad you wouldn’t use it even if you were somehow missing two ascended rings). I know, because this is how I learned to melee the in this encounter (for awhile, I thought melee was suicide, even on a warrior. How wrong I was.).

If you don’t have reflects that you can use, or the reflects are currently down, if you have his aggro, you kite/strafe at range, and dodge if necessary. Everyone else can melee (staying at max melee range is always good, but not really necessary), making sure to constantly move to avoid burning. He’ll cast his firestorm after every 2 ranged attacks, which can either be walked out of or dodged out of. When the shaman rises, quickly into the air, if you’re in melee range, you need to dodge/evade ASAP. When he rises slowly, you have a bit more time to dodge/evade or block. Never stand in the lava, or any of the shaman’s AoEs, and always keep moving to avoid burning. Keep the shaman in the center of the island area. Stop DPS before 25% health increments if you need to wait for reflects or res people (you may need to lure him away from center, and then back again, to res people before you pop the bubble phase by DPSing him more). During bubble phase, auto-attack him with your fastest attacking weapon to get it down quickly, and stop attacking when it’s close to disappearing so you can deal with lava elementals (which reflects help a lot with… and so does being able to hit multiple simultaneous targets with melee attacks, along with the fact if you’re meleeing, you can stick with the group and stick with any reflects you may have); make sure to pop the shield before he gets to a villager, though, but keep it up as long as you can as he doesn’t deal any damage while in bubble form. As a ranger, you can use Entangle on him before he enters the bubble form to help root him. You can also use Frost Trap or Spike Trap at any time, even in bubble phase, to help impair his movement further.

If you have reflects, and they’re up during his normal phase, keep meleeing, don’t stand in AoEs, and dodge/evade/block when appropriate.

Lifesteal on crit food can be very nice for this fight. The shaman counts as a demon potion-wise. The elementals count as elementals potion-wise. For this fight, I generally just run an elemental slaying potion and don’t bother switching to anything else, as it’s the bubble phases (via the elementals) that apply the most pressure to the group, and dealing with those elementals ASAP without going down is important for success.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

anet should scrap the kick system, too many immature people kicking others because of stupid reasons. if not it may give rise to a toxic community.

On a 49th level Fractal? Yes, probably I’d kick people that didn’t play well. And I’ve been called a Carebear.

The first 30 levels are for learning what to do in Fractals. After that, you should pretty much know.

OP, while I know getting kicked sucks, I don’t really know anyone that’s okay with longbow rangers in Fractals at high levels.

Posted by: Majic.4801

Majic.4801

It’s not about “what you enjoy”.

What, do you think this is some sort of game?

“Not the same, real and true. True you feel inside.
Always follow what is true.” — Sentry-skritt Bordekka

chemiclord.3978

Well, when you are in a group scenario, it inherently becomes less about “what you enjoy” as much as “what the GROUP enjoys.” That means you will most likely have to do things you don’t enjoy as much for the sake of the group.

“Play how you want” ends the moment you group with other players, all who probably have their own version of how they’d want to play. If you aren’t going to be part of the group, then they should have every right to expel you from it.

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

OP, mind the nerds.
Ranger with longbow can sustain very high damage almost all the time in PvE.
Most certainly, you were doing more dmg then any of those, dead by now, players did.
For those who wonder, your pet also buffs and contributes to the dmg pool.
Your arrows remove condition dmg and provides healing.

I do not use LB too often because I like to be mobile. But with hard bosses, I can do more dmg with LB from a safe distance than most professions, if not all of them.
With the new patch, LB will be even more powerful.

Some people are just plain rude and basically…stupid.
Find a group of friends and have fun

chemiclord.3978

Ranger with longbow can sustain DECENT damage… at the expense of everyone else in the group. At 1000+ range (that you need for Long Range Shot to do it’s full potential, everyone in melee is out of range for Spotter and Frost Spirit.

So your PERSONAL increase (which isn’t even that, because a ranger in melee will kick the living stuffing out of a longbow’s damage 10 times out of 10) means a net DECREASE for the group. It’s a very selfish way to play.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

I think that players kicking or excluding others from groups is a bit rude, but within their right to play with whomever they choose, except when you are talking about elite content. I think it is reasonable to expect members of the group to be using builds, gear, etc appropriate to the content for elite missions, raids, etc.

As to stealth, and surviving because of it:

If there are 5 people in the group.
If the opposition, as a group, does 1000 damage.
Each member might take 200 damage.

If one member of the group is not targetable then the remaining members might face 250 damage each.

Yes stealth increases your survivability…by shunting damage to the rest of the group.

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

As a person who enjoys running dungeons with new people, I’d have kicked you immidietly. How would you feel if everyone was playing how they like in dungeons? Scepter/torch mesmer, mace/torch guardian, rifle warrior with sigils only, pistol/pistol thief and you.

If you’re not looking to improve or contribute, nobody is obliged to carry your kitten through the dungeon.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Make LFGs like “I don’t want to be efficient and prefer to waste other people’s time” and you won’t have to deal with them.

Posted by: Deepcuts.9740

Deepcuts.9740

Poor souls
Now let me get this straight.
Just because you stand on top of the darn thing and you swing your big bad sword like a mad man, makes you better somehow?

“How would you feel if everyone was playing how they like in dungeons? "
Well…
And who says how everyone should play? You? Why?
You like to play with your GS. Fine
I like to play LB. Super
Someone else likes to play with an Axe? Or Two? Super duper.

Just because you like one style, does not make others bad, stupid, noobs or such.
You are the dumb one.

You like a particular style and you think this is the best?
Say so at the beginning of the Dungeon, Fractal, etc and get a consent.
If everyone agrees and someone does not follow the rules fixed at start, by all mean, kick away.
Otherwise you only look a nerd, unable to see past his/her own beliefs.

For a long time, some very “smart” people thought the Earth was the center of everything. Just like you.
Only we know better now.

Posted by: TheDraco.3965

TheDraco.3965

This is just the way it goes with MMOs and unfortunately Anet doesn’t have a good track record with balancing classes so anyone can be whatever. E.G. Guild Wars 1 Dervish and Paragon nerfed to never be wanted.

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

In pugs I like to give it 3 shots before kicking even with a build that makes me cringe, unless they are just constantly dying. But if we wiped a number of times on the shaman and I notice its because the grubs aren’t getting cleaved down / lack of reflects, then yes I’m going to kick the ranger who stealths and runs away to save himself and camps longbow so no-one is getting his dps buffs. The party could continue to bang our collective heads against the wall, or we could bring in someone who will actually provide team utility and finish the fractal.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Poor souls
Now let me get this straight.
Just because you stand on top of the darn thing and you swing your big bad sword like a mad man, makes you better somehow?

“How would you feel if everyone was playing how they like in dungeons? "
Well…
And who says how everyone should play? You? Why?
You like to play with your GS. Fine
I like to play LB. Super
Someone else likes to play with an Axe? Or Two? Super duper.

Just because you like one style, does not make others bad, stupid, noobs or such.
You are the dumb one.

You like a particular style and you think this is the best?
Say so at the beginning of the Dungeon, Fractal, etc and get a consent.
If everyone agrees and someone does not follow the rules fixed at start, by all mean, kick away.
Otherwise you only look a nerd, unable to see past his/her own beliefs.

For a long time, some very “smart” people thought the Earth was the center of everything. Just like you.
Only we know better now.

Not quite the same thing. At least not in a 49th level fractal.

Because in low level fractals you can do your own thing. But in high level fractals the best way forward for everyone concerned is to kill the boss as fast as possible.

And you know there are a lot of things involved in that. Sword does do MORE damage than long bow. That’s a fact. More to the point, if you’re out there and everyone else is inside, you’re not buffing four other people with spotter or frost spirit. The party as a WHOLE loses damage. Now, that means the boss is alive longer and wipes become easier to come by.

People go into Fractals at that level, generally because they want the reward for that Fractal, which means you have to get to the end of the Fractal.

If one person is holding up four others from getting that reward, and if you’re a long bow ranger staying at that distance you’re not helping nearly as much as you could be, then those four people will feel that your enjoyment of playing the way you want impinges on their enjoyment of the Fractal.

Why should one person’s enjoyment be more important than four other people?

If you know the meta and you don’t follow it, you should let people know before the start of the run what you plan to do, because otherwise, you’re likely going to get kicked.

I’d never kick people for doing that in a level 10 Fractal, but level 49 requires more commitment and coordination. I’d say a person at that level should basically know what to do by then if they cared.

If they don’t care, why should I let them do a fractal with me? After all, they have no respect for my time and energy.

Posted by: Demonzu.4215

Demonzu.4215

Yes, if someone is doing nothing to help the party out in a TEAM EFFORT they should be kicked. If you want to run something that requires 0 contribution on your part stick to world boss train. I personally don’t care if you run the perfect meta min/max’d build. However, if you decide to run something that literally helps nobody including yourself (low dps isn’t helping you or the team), I will just assume you either got carried to lvl 49 fractals or are trolling the group on purpose.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

As a person who enjoys running dungeons with new people, I’d have kicked you immidietly. How would you feel if everyone was playing how they like in dungeons? Scepter/torch mesmer, mace/torch guardian, rifle warrior with sigils only, pistol/pistol thief and you.

If you’re not looking to improve or contribute, nobody is obliged to carry your kitten through the dungeon.

Anyone remember when GW2 was supposed to be an escape from the toxic pugging environment WoW fostered. We aren’t forced to bring a Tank or Healer, but seems we are forced to play bring something we may not like, thanks to the community. It’s like some kind of Mexican Standoff. “I don’t like playing this, but I’ll bring it because someone might kick me” seems to be what goes through pug’s minds.

I wouldn’t care what my party brings, even if it was a pack of Nomads wearing staff Necros. I’m there to kill mobs, face challenges and get loot, Not micromanage perfect strangers. I say this packing zerker/scholar gear on most of my 80s.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Fluffball.8307

People continually make these asinine posts about how they deserve to play whatever they want and have 4 other people do the work for them. Do what you want but at least tell other people you have no desire to complete content.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

People continually make these asinine posts about how they deserve to play whatever they want and have 4 other people do the work for them. Do what you want but at least tell other people you have no desire to complete content.

Pfft. What’s gonna happen? You’ll wipe and the dungeon will boot your party out? Nope, you get infinite lives, and mobs don’t respawn. The only thing that can make a dungeon fail in this game is loss of morale (you could argue Agony as well, but that’s pretty much the only thing that creates an artificial barrier and has no baring on gear type). If you want a perfect team, why are you pugging in the first place?
You can do content in Soldiers, or Carrion or anything, and be successful. You don’t need to use meta tactics. Anet hasn’t altered the dungeon, adding codes that prevent nonmeta builds from being successful.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: Romek.4201

Romek.4201

@op

you wanna have the right to play how you want – you say you enjoy to play ranger and so you wanna have the right to play it

so my question for you: whats bout the rights from the other 4 people?

What when this people dont enjoy to play with a ranger in group? What when this people dont wanna play with a ranger in group? Have this people the right to play how they want too? Same as you want it for you?

you sir is the guy who is selfish here – not the people who are kicking you

make your own group as a ranger and find people who dont care to play with you or with a ranger and world is fine

bye

(edited by Romek.4201)

Fluffball.8307

Pfft. What’s gonna happen? You’ll wipe and the dungeon will boot your party out? Nope, you get infinite lives, and mobs don’t respawn. The only thing that can make a dungeon fail in this game is loss of morale (you could argue Agony as well, but that’s pretty much the only thing that creates an artificial barrier and has no baring on gear type). If you want a perfect team, why are you pugging in the first place?
You can do content in Soldiers, or Carrion or anything, and be successful. You don’t need to use meta tactics. Anet hasn’t altered the dungeon, adding codes that prevent nonmeta builds from being successful.

Ok look at it this way. Premise: you in your tanky gear all set to be inclusive. You’d like to play a dungeon but you pick up a fifth and he can’t make it past the cave troll. 2 of you respawn at the start to help him by but he keeps dying because he doesn’t know what the hell he’s doing. No one is having any fun. Most of the team is standing around doing nothing, and even when you get started you know the new guy is contributing absolutely zero.

This is exactly how many of us feel if we were to join a PUG with people using PVT or whatever nonsensical garbage. It’s not fun for anyone.

It sort of doesn’t matter since there is no way in kitten I would ever play with someone like you, but I want you to understand why it is I kick you if you join my group.

Nick.6972

How about you OP make your own party and roll FOTM?
How come all these crying threads mostly come from people who refuse to make their own parties with their own specific rules e.g. – everyone allowed.
How come these people are ignoring the set rules by the other party creators and want to force their own play style to others?
If party specifically says “Speed clear” or “Experienced only” – don’t join just to preach how stacking is bad and how taking lesser experienced players is elitism.

I’ve been playing FOTMs since their release, always on my guard, and I’ve never been kicked. And I almost always play exclusively with pugs.

Posted by: Aguri.2896

Aguri.2896

I never get kicked no matter what class I play because I follow one simple rule: If they melee, I melee and if they range, I range (unless it’s super easy to survive, then melee). They probably died do to their own incompetence but being within range for buffs and healing plus the cleave of a melee weapon would have benefited your team far more than a mostly single target ranged weapon. Use whatever class you like, I don’t care but think about encounters and how your choices may effect the team. It’s okay to use less efficient play styles when in a casual situation or easy dungeon, but at fractals level 49 chances are most people that even made it that far are hardcore and want to be as efficient as possible.

I’m only here because sometimes I just like to watch things burn.

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

Well, they kicked you because they sucked, and probably play their ranger the bearbow way. If the team lacked DPS on shaman, it wasn’t your fault if you are a zerker. It was their.
I would never kick a sword FS spotter ranger, it’s another story if it’s a bearbow camping at 1500 range.

Posted by: Demonzu.4215

Demonzu.4215

You’ll waste everyone’s time.

Posted by: tekfan.3179

tekfan.3179

The problem is: Players with a senseless zerker-fetish.

Many people simply don’t realize that even a full zerker sucks at DPS if the player is laying on the ground. I’ve seen so many talentless zerkers trying to stay standing for longer than five seconds, that I can’t even begin to count them.

I run a full celestial build on my Ele in the fractals, combined with a staff and lot’s of supportive traits. People are dropping HP like crazy from conditions? Evasive arcana in water attunement, here you go, continue to DPS you glass-cannon.
Still low on HP? Water skill three and arcane blast, almost full HP again.
Half of the elementals at the shaman die in a combination of skill 5 from earth- and fire-attunement.

I stopped counting the times I kited a boss to death while the rest of my party lay on the ground(not that I always pull it off ).

But as the OP mentioned, with some groups you don’t even come that far, since they kick you as soon as the signets don’t match their DPS-fetish.

Fluffball.8307

I stopped counting the times I kited a boss to death while the rest of my party lay on the ground

The calling card of a terrible player….

My full nomads bearbow didn’t even take a hint of damage while all my stupid teammates tried to do damage.

Posted by: Gunsnroll.2657

Gunsnroll.2657

If you can’t survive in zerker, learn to. It’s not a solution to use a crappy stat because you can’t and don’t want to dodge.
And till people can’t uderstand that to survive in zerk you just have to learn the mecanics, they will still suck because their kittenty soldier gear will cover their mistakes.
A lot of people do lvl 49/50 fractals with a full zerk team without any problem, and much faster than those people who think they help with their cleric/soldier/celestial gear.

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

Pfft. What’s gonna happen? You’ll wipe and the dungeon will boot your party out? Nope, you get infinite lives, and mobs don’t respawn.

What happens is, 4 other ppl’s time and nerves will be wasted in a most stupid and unnecessary way because someone couldn’t be kitten d to contribute. This is, foremost, complete lack of respect for other ppl, for their time and effort they put in. When ppl join a team with an “i play what i enjoy” attitude, i consider it to be the utter rudeness and arrogance. There are 4 other ppl with you, you should mind their time and they also, big surprise there, want to have fun.