Kicked from Fractals for playing what I enjoy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Let’s just stop necroing, shall we?

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

snip

You didn’t realise that post is 6 months old.

Stupid necros.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

They were obviously telling him to stop ranging (and he misunderstood what they meant). The orbs are not fired if everyone is in melee.

But yeah why did we even have this arguement on a necro thread. xD

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

i ike to play naked and i am kittend from fractal 50 QQ
QQ
QQQQQQ

fractal is group play dude play in group not what you like !

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

O.o

Entry 1:

Z: “Show me a video of Shaman done without reflects.”

“Here you go!”

Z: “Psssh, warriors don’t count.”

Entry 2:

Z: "People only want heavies in their parties. Just try getting into a high level fractal on something besides warr, guard, ele, or thief.

Entry 3:

Z: “Ranger axe doesn’t reflect”

Entry 4:

Z: “Reflects are mandatory in this fight”

Z: “I never said you had to have reflects!”

We know rangers and necros aren’t wanted in high end fractals. But that’s not what you’ve been arguing — you been making wild statements that repeatedly demonstrate your ignorance of many aspects of the game, and then get hyperdefensive and obnoxious when people try to show you the truth. Take a deep breath, count to 10, something…you’re not going to convince anyone of anything with your current attitude.

If you can’t discuss things with a modicum of reason and open-mindedness to discuss things without grasping at straws to defend a position that has been proven wrong…then please — just live up to your word:

[You folks will] get no further replies [from me]. Bye.

Posted by: Arietta The Broken.1875

Arietta The Broken.1875

I think this resurrected thread was somewhat relevant at the start when it was just supporting the idea that OP was in a group with trash attitudes. – Attitudes reciprocated in this thread over and over.
It’s since gone on tangent after tangent which has lead to the critique of peoples posts that are never going to be complete representations of their ideas, especially since this isn’t even the place for it.

Ultimately this thread should have been left buried but I guess someone else had a bad experience and wished to get some support for it.

-Simple solution to bad groups-

Form your own groups and advertise accordingly. If you make no specifications in your LFG post then you can’t expect anything other than “Bring your own builds, good luck enjoy yourself”

—Playing with friends or guildies will eliminate the bad experiences of bad attitudes if you’re having a hard time in pugs.

You’re dumb. You’ll die, and you’ll leave a dumb corpse.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Had a great experience a short while ago in fractals where someone criticised my Warrior build (Regen Tank) because I wasn’t running the full zerk meta (Which I personally hate on Melee based characters)

in the end 3 guys dropped out/rage quit and I found a new party and finished the Aetherblade fractal

about 3-4 weeks ago I was again in the Aetherblade fractal with the same Warrior build and with a very friendly group this time
we got up to the Boss (ya know that annoying Asura with the golems and the room with the laser beams) and unfortunately my party being mostly glass canons got whiped

since I was the only one alive it was pointless to stay on the stack spot so Instead of just dying like most teams would start saying

instead I started running around the room with nothing but melee weapons (Greatsword/Sword+Shield) and completed the boss Solo by killing the last 3 golems on my own..

it’s moments like this which have happened to me many times in the past that make me look back at those comments from arrogant players mocking my builds and think.. yeah who’s builds sucks now lol

Posted by: Hohou.1508

Hohou.1508

Had a great experience a short while ago in fractals where someone criticised my Warrior build (Regen Tank) because I wasn’t running the full zerk meta (Which I personally hate on Melee based characters)

in the end 3 guys dropped out/rage quit and I found a new party and finished the Aetherblade fractal

about 3-4 weeks ago I was again in the Aetherblade fractal with the same Warrior build and with a very friendly group this time
we got up to the Boss (ya know that annoying Asura with the golems and the room with the laser beams) and unfortunately my party being mostly glass canons got whiped

since I was the only one alive it was pointless to stay on the stack spot so Instead of just dying like most teams would start saying

instead I started running around the room with nothing but melee weapons (Greatsword/Sword+Shield) and completed the boss Solo by killing the last 3 golems on my own..

it’s moments like this which have happened to me many times in the past that make me look back at those comments from arrogant players mocking my builds and think.. yeah who’s builds sucks now lol

Yours build m8. If you did damage, your party could have survived.

Engineer since August 2012

Posted by: rotten.9753

rotten.9753

Did you really link me a vid of 5 warriors, literally the class with the best cleave ingame outside staff ele, as proof the fight can be perfectly done without a guardian?

Because I’d like to see a class that doesn’t have 18k baseline hp and the most OP heal in the game. With endure pain and a banner elite.

I mean, please. Show me the video with 5 rangers doing that crap, or 5 eles for that matter without conjured frostbow cheese. Hell, I’ll take the 5 necros.

And then let’s compare that experience in a public group versus the group that has the heavies in them.

Isn’t engie heal the most OP? Highest heal per second if I recall correctly.

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

O.o

Entry 1:

Z: “Show me a video of Shaman done without reflects.”

“Here you go!”

Z: “Psssh, warriors don’t count.”

Entry 2:

Z: "People only want heavies in their parties. Just try getting into a high level fractal on something besides warr, guard, ele, or thief.

Entry 3:

Z: “Ranger axe doesn’t reflect”

Entry 4:

Z: “Reflects are mandatory in this fight”

Z: “I never said you had to have reflects!”

We know rangers and necros aren’t wanted in high end fractals. But that’s not what you’ve been arguing — you been making wild statements that repeatedly demonstrate your ignorance of many aspects of the game, and then get hyperdefensive and obnoxious when people try to show you the truth. Take a deep breath, count to 10, something…you’re not going to convince anyone of anything with your current attitude.

If you can’t discuss things with a modicum of reason and open-mindedness to discuss things without grasping at straws to defend a position that has been proven wrong…then please — just live up to your word:

[You folks will] get no further replies [from me]. Bye.

This is the thread in a nutshell. SMH.

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

Im sorry to hear you have had bad experince with people running meta. Please allow me to add that not everyone who follows the meta are ragequits jerks. I believe it comes down to different understandings although, Ill leave it at that. If you would like to play with a more friendly meta player look some of us forum people up ^^

Sarah

Posted by: RohanKZ.8137

RohanKZ.8137

I would suggest you to run Fotm with guildies or friends. Fotm community is the most toxic in this game

Posted by: Sarahfull.4930

Sarahfull.4930

I would suggest you to run Fotm with guildies or friends. Fotm community is the most toxic in this game

>.> speak for yourself.

Edit: I was harsh, your right outside of groups fractals can be hard. Although its not the end of the world you can find great friends pug’ing. Its one way of finding great friends.

(edited by Sarahfull.4930)

Posted by: FoopOplo.7914

FoopOplo.7914

No sympathy for pugs.

I know that sounds coldhearted, but if you find a good guild to play with, rather than trying to play a multiplayer game all alone, the game as a whole should be more enjoyable in every way possible really.

Until then, you’re missing out.

Don’t play GUILD wars without a GUILD!

http://www.Vicarious-Gaming.enjin.com

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Hey op if you are on and in NA and in EST time frame I’ll take you for anything and you use what you want cause I’m sick of the BS too.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

dlonie.6547

Hey Yumiko, did anything ever happen with that “Play How You Want” guild you were talking about making? I’m still happy to refer people to it once there’s a forum post up in the guild section for it.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

No sympathy for pugs.

I know that sounds coldhearted, but if you find a good guild to play with, rather than trying to play a multiplayer game all alone, the game as a whole should be more enjoyable in every way possible really.

Until then, you’re missing out.

Ehh, nothing bad to say about guilds, I’m in 2 great guilds of players I just joined recently.

But, I have no regrets pugging stuff for so long. It’s a very different and fun experience.

My only complaint is how popular doing that Wall nonsense on Lupi is. If I see a guard I have to ask if they are going to do it… the vast majority of the time they are, so I just leave before doing anything. The worst was in a group where they wanted me to ping my gear, but when I asked I got no answer… which typically means “Yes but come help get us there so we can do it”, such a lame trick.

(edited by Jerus.4350)

Posted by: Tom Yzf.5872

Tom Yzf.5872

there are creative ways to prevent them from insta-gib lupi even if they do try the wall on wall.

:)

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

there are creative ways to prevent them from insta-gib lupi even if they do try the wall on wall.

:)

Hylek technology ftw

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Ehh if that’s what they want to do I’ll let them do it, I’m just not wasting my time. It’s simply disappointing seeing as many as there are doing it.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Ehh if that’s what they want to do I’ll let them do it, I’m just not wasting my time. It’s simply disappointing seeing as many as there are doing it.

people are starting to treat mossman similarly, i understand your disappointment

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

Hey Yumiko, did anything ever happen with that “Play How You Want” guild you were talking about making? I’m still happy to refer people to it once there’s a forum post up in the guild section for it.

It fell apart I was never able to retain anyone I recruited.

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Look like some people are learning, actually.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

J Eberle.9312

There is hope

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

They just quit because there wasn’t any trinity.

Snow Crows [SC]

Posted by: Brahmincorle.1264

Brahmincorle.1264

well… 4 other players did not enjoyed playing with you OP, who are you to judge them.

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

Not meleeing and supporting your teammates in melee range makes everyone else who is meleeing(and doing 50%+ more damage than you) have a much harder time.

Posted by: Tren.5120

Tren.5120

Which is why I’m going back to WoW. For decent gameplay and balanced PvE content.

I’ll never play another MMO without defined Tank and Healer Role, and the PvE in this game is Exhibit A for why most games haven’t ditched that system, and why I will stick with them.

rotten.9753

Which is why I’m going back to WoW. For decent gameplay and balanced PvE content.

I’ll never play another MMO without defined Tank and Healer Role, and the PvE in this game is Exhibit A for why most games haven’t ditched that system, and why I will stick with them.

What’s exactly a “balanced pve content”? Mobs will not come to forums and complain that a certain build is OP and needs a nerf. Unless I’m mistaken.

Posted by: Nikaido.3457

Nikaido.3457

No, what they do is make and join “zerk only” runs. Yes, I’ve seen people who actually posted “zerk only” lfg who were blatantly tank as hell. It’s not just the people joining, the people making the lfg these days are also doing it.

What happened is that PHIW don’t want to play with too many PHIW in their group. They still want the freedom to tank stuff, but they don’t want the consequences of a run that takes forever either. This is the true reason why “zerk” only lfg are highly sought, and why they fill up faster than their counterpart. There’s not a majority of zerkers in this game PVE, but there is a majority of liars and profiteering kittens.

- “No tears, please. It’s a waste of good suffering.”

rotten.9753

No, what they do is make and join “zerk only” runs. Yes, I’ve seen people who actually posted “zerk only” lfg who were blatantly tank as hell. It’s not just the people joining, the people making the lfg these days are also doing it.

What happened is that PHIW don’t want to play with too many PHIW in their group. They still want the freedom to tank stuff, but they don’t want the consequences of a run that takes forever either. This is the true reason why “zerk” only lfg are highly sought, and why they fill up faster than their counterpart. There’s not a majority of zerkers in this game PVE, but there is a majority of liars and profiteering kittens.

Can confirm that, I’m joining people that just created an ad on lfg with “zerk only” and during a run they use banner of defense or something like that. It’s disgusting to say the least.

J Eberle.9312

Goodbye then.

@Rotten. I also can confirm that I’ve seen the leeching countless times, mostly with a guardian in healing gear/ptv with heal on dodge roll + str in numbers.. may as well assume he is AH build, usually runs with a staff, loves using empower over the top of might stacks, thinks he’s king kitten while he puts an add up for zerk only to leech of off.

Other common ‘zerk only’ players included:

• greatsword mesmer with the shield phantasm, spamming feedbacks and nullfields where not needed.
  • axe mainhand/shortbow ranger with frost spirit to compensate?! Not understanding this trend >_>
  • Sword mainhand warrior in combat for entire duration of the fight, even doing flurries
  • Axe offhand warriors, you know what I’m talking about, they’re as common as maggots in roadkill. Axe/Axe and you see them spinning around, cant count the amount of potatoes per minute because going too fast.
  • pistol/pistol thieves – yep.. still a thing.. as recently as today -_-.

(edited by J Eberle.9312)

Tren.5120

Buh Bye!

What’s exactly a “balanced pve content”? Mobs will not come to forums and complain that a certain build is OP and needs a nerf. Unless I’m mistaken.

WoW and EverQuest II have balanced PvE content. Go play them and see. It’s not something the average MMORPG player should be uninformed of, and it’s certainly not something the developers should fail so hard at. Challenged Mode dungeons in WoW were not faceroll, and EQ2 had Heroic Instances that were certainly not faceroll, but at least there was proper guidance as to what was needed to be able to complete them decently, and certain whole classes weren’t excluded from them.

I’m aware some people here like the PvP-type combat system in PvE an the lack of dedicated Tank/Heal classes because they don’t like being beholden to them.

But ArenaNet seems to have developed content with them in mind, and then forgot to put them in the game. That’s what the dungeons feel like.

The gameplay is also too twitchy and spastic. Everything feels like a rush. There is no time to breath. It’s just not fun or enjoyable.

The MOBs are either overpowered or have ridiculous amounts of HP. Many of them have skills that one shot you regardless of your class or gear level. Downed state is boring. Helping people up only to have a MOB stack damage pads on top of you and roll away but get downed yourself because you’re at the edge of them (but still in them) and they do insane damage.

And players aren’t really of the mindset that allows a newer player to actually learn how to play the game, either. Frankly, you can put up a party room saying your’re new and want to run a dungeon, and get literally no people for over an hour until you just log off and go play something else.

Everyone either wants a speed run, or to get carried in a speed run. Players are obsessed with skipped content. Did a run with some people and they wiped like 5 times in a row and were obsessed with “we should be able to run past them” even though we could have just slaughtered them in a few minutes and saved a ton of time.

(edited by Tren.5120)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

PvE content that is tuned properly.

Classes that are balanced properly.

An actual tank and healer profession.

The PvE in this game is terrible, the classes are way out of balance, and the tuning is way off. Seriously, I cash shopped a full set of Exotic gear and runes, and I still get 1 shotted by trash MOBs, MOBs still stack AoE damage and knock you down in them for the insta-kill, etc.

Some of the mechanics seem completely brain dead. In any other game the developers would see instantly that when a MOB stacks 4-6 damage pads on top of each other it’s a serious issue, yet it seems rather common in this game (Honor of the Waves one of the bosses loves to do that).

Also, player habits are a bit odd as well. People are in obsessed with skipping content and simply zerging MOBs/bosses before they even check to see if everyone is there or ready to go.

I’m confused? You ain’t back in WoW? What are you still doing here, GW2 is clearly a bad game, you shouldn’t stay around here.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

J Eberle.9312

Tren I’m getting the vibe that maybe you lack some experience or a decent team of players (very common to get bad pugs) which is why some encounters are appearing difficult or hard to understand why they are the way they are.

rotten.9753

But ArenaNet seems to have developed content with them in mind, and then forgot to put them in the game. That’s what the dungeons feel like.

Some examples where you feel tanks/healers are supposed to be needed, if you can.

The gameplay is also too twitchy and spastic. Everything feels like a rush. There is no time to breath. It’s just not fun or enjoyable.

It was advertised with its action combat, were you expecting something kin to wow-like mmos? Maybe chess?

The MOBs are either overpowered or have ridiculous amounts of HP. Many of them have skills that one shot you regardless of your class or gear level. Downed state is boring. Helping people up only to have a MOB stack damage pads on top of you and roll away but get downed yourself because you’re at the edge of them (but still in them) and they do insane damage.

So if MOBs (is that some kind of an acronym?) are overpowered why are you saying that other games has an actual challenging content? Overpowered mobs would point to it as well. Also, as usual, please list those “one shot skill regardless of your class or gear level”.

And players aren’t really of the mindset that allows a newer player to actually learn how to play the game, either. Frankly, you can put up a party room saying your’re new and want to run a dungeon, and get literally no people for over an hour until you just log off and go play something else.

Everyone either wants a speed run, or to get carried in a speed run. Players are obsessed with skipped content. Did a run with some people and they wiped like 5 times in a row and were obsessed with “we should be able to run past them” even though we could have just slaughtered them in a few minutes and saved a ton of time.

Isn’t it how it is in other games? People don’t like to carry others or lose time on explaining if they don’t have to do it.

Tren.5120

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_

I don’t think anyone should be asking me what 1 shot skills exist in this game, because there are many.

There are also multiple boss encounters where they put down multiple hostile pads on top of each other, and you can get knocked down and die instantly from them. I’m not the only person this has happened to. I’ve seen it happen on several occasions to other players. I’ve seen as many kitten -7 pads getting layered on top of each other, which would be considered a bug and fixed/balanced out in any other decent MMORPG game.

This happens in both story and explorable missions.

As far as me being back to WoW, yes, I did resub after getting to 80 in this game.

As far as me being still here, well I guess I paid the price of admission the same as you did, didn’t I?

Also, while I do think experience and “skill” are factors in the game play, I think you people go out of your ways to excuse bad design as a L2P issue. After dealing with a few issues I’ve done quite a bit of searching around and a lot of people tend to agree that the PvE in this game is – frankly – terrible and at best an Afterthought.

I think it’s only fair that people who may be looking for a game to play get both sides of the story, and it’s quite hilarious that you people seem so intent on stifling dissent or drowning out people’s complaints with “you just had a bad pug” or “L2P” and things of that nature.

People just thinking about buying this game deserve to hear the first hand experiences of people who have done what they are thinking of doing (diving right in).

As far as playerbase and player attitude is concerned, this game seems to have matured at a rate 10x that or WoW and EverQuest. It’s already borderline intolerable (not just on the forums, in game as well).

I asked a question to someone about builds and basically was told to reroll. I asked in map chat and people just ended up arguing about it. It was disgusting. People on those other game forums are way more receptive and a lot nicer about things. You can read those forums if you want to see, they aren’t behind a paywall.

(edited by Tren.5120)

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mob_

I don’t think anyone should be asking me what 1 shot skills exist in this game, because there are many.

There are also multiple boss encounters where they put down multiple hostile pads on top of each other, and you can get knocked down and die instantly from them. I’m not the only person this has happened to. I’ve seen it happen on several occasions to other players. I’ve seen as many kitten -7 pads getting layered on top of each other, which would be considered a bug and fixed/balanced out in any other decent MMORPG game.

As far as me being back to WoW, yes, I did resub after getting to 80 in this game.

As far as me being still here, well I guess I paid the price of admission the same as you did, didn’t I?

So you are not good enough to dodge, block, blind or reflect these 1 shot kill? That’s just a L2P issue.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

dlonie.6547

Sounds like this isn’t the game for you. The combat in GW2 is meant to be action based and twitchy — you’re supposed to be moving around, learning enemy tells, dodging attacks, and avoiding AoEs.

If none of that sounds appealing to you, it’s probably not going to be fun for you. And that’s ok — to each their own

Hope you find what you’re looking for!

rotten.9753

That’s an abbreviation, not an acronym and shouldn’t be capitalised.

You see, the thing is, there are a lot of people claiming that mobs in gw2 one shot you anyway so there’s no point in wearing any defensive gear. The truth is, however, it’s kitten and a hyperbole. The amount of bosses like that is miniscule (Crusher in Arah for instance) and defensive gear, in conjuction with additional sustain makes you tanky as hell. There is no trinity here so making just a tank is pointless, you need to be a tank and a (self)healer at the same time. I hope that will help you understand it.

J Eberle.9312

Tren I can understand that there are people in the “community” that are not helpful. As an evil elitist in the eyes of so many pugs I have had my fair share of abuse. Although.. I sort of enjoy it. If you are in need of a build for doing dungeons, I can help you out for that, even if you are playing the one class that is actually awful (necro) there is still a build for it that can make you a decent DPS contributer.

Tren.5120

Tren I can understand that there are people in the “community” that are not helpful. As an evil elitist in the eyes of so many pugs I have had my fair share of abuse. Although.. I sort of enjoy it. If you are in need of a build for doing dungeons, I can help you out for that, even if you are playing the one class that is actually awful (necro) there is still a build for it that can make you a decent DPS contributer.

Thanks for reaching out, but I no longer have the game installed. It’s served it’s purpose. I just view it as a traditional RPG like Dragon’s Age. I played through the story, so I’ve gotten my money’s worth.

I’m not dumping time into something I don’t find enjoyable to play.