Kicked, refraining to stack.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: desertleaf.5403

desertleaf.5403

Stacking in Dungeons has been a long and unforgettable plague in Guild Wars 2.

This is a serious problem that needs to be made even MORE clearer to Arenanet.

Please Look at this Screenshot. I am glad this isnt as bad as people bad mouthing, disbanding, or kicking, but this is still relevant.

I hate stacking, it takes the fun away to straight boring.
I know I am not the only one who experiences this, but must I remind Anet, 90% of people running Dungeons will stack, and if one refuses to play the game incorrectly, you are hated and removed near immediate.

I am not just talking about standing on top of each other. This is picking a corning or a wedge in the wall, fusing the party into a monster of 10 arms. A corner that best fits this method of gameplay is a spot that ignores or avoids the environmental challenges that the dungeon provides. This is straight cheating…

Not matter how I feel about this, people will just keep on kicking. A solid records was getting kicked 4 consecutive times in a row. I know i am not the only one out there.

Are people really afraid to play this game correctly? Don’t get me started on people Stealth-ing through the dungeon.

Attachments:

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Bingo?

Attachments:

Posted by: Robin Skyshroud.1863

Robin Skyshroud.1863

I was there and I +1 Desert Leaf.

Stacking has to go. Stacking is not a key strategy to beating a dungeon, but a big percent of players believe so. I’m sure ArenaNet devs do not believe it is either, so how about we get some non-stacking love changes for your real dungeon crawlers? I want to play the game, not sit through a game — I might as well just watch TV if I had to stack!

Stacking apparently judges whether you are worthy to be in the party or not. This just doesn’t make any sense.

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

Please Look at this Screenshot. I am glad this isnt as bad as people bad mouthing, disbanding, or kicking, but this is still relevant.

I know I am not the only one who experiences this, but must I remind Anet, 90% of people running Dungeons will stack, and if one refuses to play the game incorrectly, you are hated and removed near immediate.

I am not just talking about standing on top of each other. This is picking a corning or a wedge in the wall, fusing the party into a monster of 10 arms. A corner that best fits this method of gameplay is a spot that ignores or avoids the environmental challenges that the dungeon provides. This is straight cheating…

Not matter how I feel about this, people will just keep on kicking. A solid records was getting kicked 4 consecutive times in a row. I know i am not the only one out there.

Are people really afraid to play this game correctly? Don’t get me started on people Stealth-ing through the dungeon.

Lol people still stack? what a waste of time it usually faster to just pull them all together and cleave them than to los these days. Oh, and OP there’s this wonderful thing called making your own group on the lfg saying “no stacking”

The Sickest Guild NA

Posted by: Card.9704

Card.9704

How is your way of playing more correct than theirs if they’re also playing how they want?

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Most of the people who still stack in corners stack because that’s what they were taught was the best way to do things during the FGS meta. They never actually knew why they stacked, just that they were supposed to. FGS has been gone for, what, a year now?

Most fights nowadays you just kill the mobs or boss where they spawn.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

so how exactly is your way of playing more correct than theirs?

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Robin Skyshroud.1863

How is your way of playing more correct than theirs if they’re also playing how they want?

It really is not a matter of being correct or incorrect. That would be taking it to a more psycological approach, which in my opinion is far over and off the topic at hand.

I can be certain that when a level designer makes a level, he does not account stacking to be one of the many ways of completing his challenge.

… wasting my words with you Card.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

Hint – you joined their party, you follow their rules. If you don’t like it – feel free to make your own “no stack or kick” one.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters

Robin Skyshroud.1863

Hint – you joined their party, you follow their rules. If you don’t like it – feel free to make your own “no stack or kick” one.

You do realize that in doing so, will take forever to make a party. There are nice people in this game, but majority of those that stack arent so nice. This reply is a clear example of it.

It would be easier if we all can just party and play!

maha.7902

I can be certain that when a level designer makes a level, he does not account stacking to be one of the many ways of completing his challenge.

No, actually you can’t be sure. I can quite easily say that due to no collision detection, stacking closely together was taken in to account. So besides your possibly incorrect assumption, how do you know what anet intended?

Robin Skyshroud.1863

No, actually you can’t be sure. I can quite easily say that due to no collision detection, stacking closely together was taken in to account. So besides your possibly incorrect assumption, how do you know what anet intended?

I’m still sticking to my answer. There is still player to NPC collision. And considering that Guild Wars 2 came from GW1, player to player collision was a huuuuge thing. Unless you are trying to tell me that player to player collision was a mistake?

(edited by Robin Skyshroud.1863)

Taku.6352

If NPC collision was so important then why do they give us an option to turn it off with a press of a button?

Posted by: desertleaf.5403

desertleaf.5403

FYI. I made the party.. They joined me, and stacking was the Immediate default on their mind.

GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUHHH!!!!!!

Do you not read why the post is up? Its talking about the Plague – 90% of the guild wars 2 PvE dungeon runners are stacking.

(edited by desertleaf.5403)

Robin Skyshroud.1863

If NPC collision was so important then why do they give us an option to turn it off with a press of a button?

I do not follow. Are you refering to Camera collision? I don’t see an option to turn off NPC collision.

Taku.6352

I do not follow. Are you refering to Camera collision? I don’t see an option to turn off NPC collision.

Attachments:

Posted by: Shinji.2063

Shinji.2063

I get it, you might be newer and want to experience the dungeon, but most of us have been running this content for years. Stacking is immediate default because most people want to get in and out. When you have run these things thousands of times like a lot of us have you are just using them as an ends to a means. COme back in two years and still tell me you like slogging through the same dudgeon after those two years

Posted by: Rag.3258

Rag.3258

How about you play how you want and let others play how they want?

Posted by: Stompy.1387

Stompy.1387

That’s not collision, that’s an option to handicap yourself by having the game limit where you can stand.

Robin Skyshroud.1863

I get it, you might be newer and want to experience the dungeon, but most of us have been running this content for years. Stacking is immediate default because most people want to get in and out. When you have run these things thousands of times like a lot of us have you are just using them as an ends to a means. COme back in two years and still tell me you like slogging through the same dudgeon after those two years

I do. I can’t speak for everyone, but I love killing in this game! I use to vanquish in Guild Wars 1, so I do it in every dungeon. I just need to kill! I’m max pvp level, max pve level and max craft. As a warrior, killing is what I do best.

Taku.6352

That’s not collision, that’s an option to handicap yourself by having the game limit where you can stand.

It’s the only thing that comes remotely close to NPC collision that Robin stated. And I do agree that no one should be using it as it’s just a handicap.

maha.7902

FYI. I made the party.. They joined me, and stacking was the Immediate default on their mind.

GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUHHH!!!!!!

Do you not read why the post is up? Its talking about the Plague – 90% of the guild wars 2 PvE dungeon runners are stacking.

the real plague is this minority of people foaming at the mouth trying to get the 90% to play how they want with complete disregard to the preferences of the majority.