Kicked right before the final chest

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

So I am pretty kitten ed right now, I was doing CoE with a group that i found on the LFG system and I got kicked out of the group right before I could get my reward for doing the path. I did not write down any of the names of the people with me in the group, find them in the chatlog or remeber them of the top of my head but I would be very happy if someone would take the time for me to look at the chatlogs to see who these people ware and teach them a little lesson for me (check around 23:25 gmt 17.11.2013).
I noticed 3 of them ware in the same guild so they might have been going to invite their friend in my spot, I have seen people complain about others doing that before but it has never happend to me and I have been pugging alot since day 1.
I would also like to make the suggestion that it would be nice to be able to see who you ware in a party with recently like you could in GW1.
Thanks

Posted by: Fortus.6175

Fortus.6175

I highly doubt anything will happen, sorry, it might be best if you moved on. In any case, we might be hearing only one side of the story, perhaps they had a reason to kick you, perhaps not. This happens more in Arah, sicne it is a longer dungeon and easier to do wrong, so thats why they sell spots, but i have never hear of anyone selling spots on CoE, so like I said, even if it was a guild kick, Anet cant do anything about it.

Sorry pal, the sooner you realize Anet doesnt care about these issues, the better it will be for your mental care.

[GoM] Gate of Madness Server Elementalist|Guardian
Legendary SoloQ

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

Sorry. No reason justifies kicking someone at the last boss fight. This behavior is reprehensible.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

If you want someone to look into chat logs for you, you will need to contact support and make a ticket. Those are the only ones who have access and can help you. No one on the forum can do anything.

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Ouch, you learned the lesson the hard way.

Never join Guild groups. The chances of getting kicked increases dramatically compared to completely PuGs.

You have to try really hard to get yourself kicked or you have to be a special kind of bad to get kicked.

However, this shouldn’t be your fault. It is the guild and ArenaNet’s fault. The guild is at fault for doing such atrocious behavior and ArenaNet for allowing it.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: BioFringe.7945

BioFringe.7945

Most people are always so quick to judge in these sort of threads. Let’s all keep in mind that…

We’re only getting half the story or in the most only one side of the story.

Let’s not be so biased in our responses as it doesn’t help anyone.

@OP submit a ticket if you feel that you’ve been wronged and let Anet sort it out. You can also post on the Suggestions board if you have any decent ideas on how to change the situation for the better. That is all you can really do.

This sentence is false.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Always be the first to enter the instance. That’s the only protection you have against this.

And, it’s terrible to have to say this, but never join a group that has two people from the same guild.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’m sorry that happened to you. But guild groups aren’t all bad — my guild often needs one or two PuGs in a dungeon and the comments from those who join us seem pretty happy at the end.

Maybe just test things with a bit of chat at the start and see how decently human the guild players seem to be?

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

It’s pretty common for the “harder” dungeon paths…

I mean look at the LFG page for arah….

A guild group of 2 people get to the last boss, kick everyone else and then sell the path completion for 20g a person.

Attachments:

Posted by: Ice Furl.4982

Ice Furl.4982

I submited a support ticket like you guys suggested. Like i said earlier i have never had this happen to me before but i hope there is some way to fix the problem of people doing this because it is really annoying.

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

So I am pretty kitten ed right now, I was doing CoE with a group that i found on the LFG system and I got kicked out of the group right before I could get my reward for doing the path. I did not write down any of the names of the people with me in the group, find them in the chatlog or remeber them of the top of my head but I would be very happy if someone would take the time for me to look at the chatlogs to see who these people ware and teach them a little lesson for me (check around 23:25 gmt 17.11.2013).
I noticed 3 of them ware in the same guild so they might have been going to invite their friend in my spot, I have seen people complain about others doing that before but it has never happend to me and I have been pugging alot since day 1.
I would also like to make the suggestion that it would be nice to be able to see who you ware in a party with recently like you could in GW1.
Thanks

Doesn’t help you much now, but screen shot every dungeon party prior to start.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

How disgusting! This behaviour is indecent and unfortunately moy uncommon.

However, not all people are like that. No-one in the guild I am in would do such a thing. Sometimes we cannot find five people to do something in the guild and need to look for outside help. I hope there will still be brave people willing to trudge through dungeons with us.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I submited a support ticket like you guys suggested. Like i said earlier i have never had this happen to me before but i hope there is some way to fix the problem of people doing this because it is really annoying.

You can’t legislate against idiots, because it doesn’t stop them from being idiots. It’s the way things are. We have all sorts of real life laws against theft and murder, but people still break the law. How much easier is it to do something like this for people?

That’s why I almost never pug. I found a group of people I like, we play together, and we almost never have to pug. Low risk and more fun…because at the end of the day there’s enough RNG in this game without having to have to randomly play with people who might be kittens.

Posted by: Cloudwalkernz.1328

Cloudwalkernz.1328

Sorry that happen to you. But it happen all the time particular with a guild pug where they most likely kick you to make room for another guildee. Sadly to say this is well within the rules and Anet will most likely do nothing even if you sub a ticket.

I usually don’t join a guild pug for that reason.

Hope this video may cheer up you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP3KFy8Yl6E

(edited by Cloudwalkernz.1328)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I’m sorry about this. What to say? Most MMO players are basically amoral and cruel with no sense of decency? This is “normal” MMO behavior? I laugh when I read all the caveats with grouping in this game. You have to jump through so many hurdles to keep from getting scammed. Game design may be at fault here since you don’t see this happening en masse in other games. Again, sorry. Perhaps the lesson is never run dungeons unless you’re in a guild. Those without guilds I guess should simply steer clear of dungeon content to avoid the time waster.

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

They need to just add a countdown timer of 30 seconds before anyone is allowed to leave the instance after defeating the Final Boss. This’ll give people enough time to gather the treasures they might have missed out on or sort some stuff out.

This whole ‘Leave immediately after finishing dungeon’ should be removed, it’s just not cool.

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

The problem is not leaving the instance, which still allows you to get the reward.
The problem is the owner leaving the party or switching char.
But this has to with handling of dungeon ownership and they still haven’t done anything to it nor have they said anything about actual changes to it, only some vague rumors …

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

A guild group of 2 people get to the last boss, kick everyone else and then sell the path completion for 20g a person.

How do you know any of those teams kicked anyone? Since people can easily duo arah p2 in 20-30 minutes I would be surprised if ANY of those people kicked pugs. Perhaps before you make an accusation you should have some evidence, no?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

How do you know any of those teams kicked anyone? Since people can easily duo arah p2 in 20-30 minutes I would be surprised if ANY of those people kicked pugs. Perhaps before you make an accusation you should have some evidence, no?

If two people can duo the supposedly hardest content in the game then this game has much bigger issues.

Also I have all the evidence I need since it’s happened to me before.

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

If two people can duo the supposedly hardest content in the game then this game has much bigger issues.

Well only a few players can solo / duo Arah. The rest are just using exploits to skip lupicus (for p1/p2).

Also you can report those who kicked you .

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Well only a few players can solo / duo Arah. The rest are just using exploits to skip lupicus (for p1/p2).

This is also a horrible assumption.

There is a large number of legitimate players who can duo this content.

Again, just because you (not you specifically but the general usage) can’t duo it, doesn’t mean there aren’t much more skilled players out there. Honestly it doesn’t take that much work.

People like Brazil, strifey (not recently, obviously), and nike! have done the calculations/videos/tutorials to minimize the work. The rest is just having patience to learn/understand the fights and the skill to not make a mistake.

Just because it’s too hard for you doesn’t mean it’s not easy to somebody else.

They can, and it does. Also, I wouldn’t consider this the hardest content in the game.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

This is also a horrible assumption.

There is a large number of legitimate players who can duo this content.

Again, just because you (not you specifically but the general usage) can’t duo it, doesn’t mean there aren’t much more skilled players out there. Honestly it doesn’t take that much work.

People like Brazil, strifey (not recently, obviously), and nike! have done the calculations/videos/tutorials to minimize the work. The rest is just having patience to learn/understand the fights and the skill to not make a mistake.

Just because it’s too hard for you doesn’t mean it’s not easy to somebody else.

They can, and it does. Also, I wouldn’t consider this the hardest content in the game.

I know that, but I used “a few players” because I was comparing to the GW2 player base, also if you would have checked my YT channel (which is in my signature) you would’ve known that I can duo Lupicus

And most of the p2 seller I joined (to check if lupicus was killed) didn’t actually kill it.

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

When two people can duo FotM 80, I’ll be in agreement with you.

Heck, when two people can full melee the Risen Priest of Melandru i’ll be in agreement with you.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Either provide proof of this happening, or I’m going to assume one of two things:

1. It never happened

2. You were bad and they kicked you for that reason

It is entirely possible your story is 100% true, but unless you can prove it to us, I don’t care.

And this goes both ways. When someone posts on here saying that he was solo’ing/duo’ing a path and got griefed by some players that joined his party and kicked him, I’ll say the same: provide proof or don’t bother posting.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Heck, when two people can full melee the Risen Priest of Melandru i’ll be in agreement with you.

Not too hard. Excluding that you have to dodge out of range of the spin attack.

Ethics.4519

I know that, but I used “a few players” because I was comparing to the GW2 player base, also if you would have checked my YT channel (which is in my signature) you would’ve known that I can duo Lupicus.

And most of the p2 seller I joined (to check if lupicus was killed) didn’t actually kill it.

No offense, but I’m not going to click on everybody’s link in their sig and watch all of their footage.

That’s cool you can duo lupi, as I mentioned my usage of ‘you’ was in the general sense, not directly towards you.

I believe the topic is more on along the lines of people kicking somebody near the end, using their hard work, to sell paths. What you specifically are talking about, with your ‘evidence’ is that people bug/exploit the dungeon to sell. Two different things, both bad, but two different things.

provide proof or don’t bother posting.

Even with proof, I’d rather they just not bother posting.

Report it. There’s nothing we can do on here, which is why most people just give off-topic or nonsensical answers.

RIP in peace Robert

(edited by Ethics.4519)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You mean the guy in Cursed Shore or in Arah?

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You mean the guy in Cursed Shore or in Arah?

Cursed Shore.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

spoj.9672

You could solo him if it werent for the acolyte phases.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Not too hard. Excluding that you have to dodge out of range of the spin attack.

It’s not really full melee :>

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

spoj.9672

You can say a lot of fights arent full melee in that case. :P

Posted by: Anicetus.1253

Anicetus.1253

The former already happened, the latter may soon. Unless you talk about the open world one, then both happened.

(edited by Anicetus.1253)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

The former already happened, the latter may soon.

how did they do maw!

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I’d be curious to know what 3 fractal shards they got in a row that allowed them to duo it. Swamp seems challenging to duo, dredge virtually impossible, cliffside virtually impossible, uncategorized would be extremely rough, shaman theoretically possible, water definitely possible, and snowblind is possible.

So by what luck are we talking here whereby someone duo’ed a full fotm 79?

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

You could solo him if it werent for the acolyte phases.

You can cancel the croc transformation by picking that diving goggles on the ground.

Ethics.4519

Without exploits/bugs

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I’d be curious to know what 3 fractal shards they got in a row that allowed them to duo it. Swamp seems challenging to duo, dredge virtually impossible, cliffside virtually impossible, uncategorized would be extremely rough, shaman theoretically possible, water definitely possible, and snowblind is possible.

I think he meant a single shard but to add something, swamp is possible to duo with thief running two wisps.

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

Don’t forget Charr fractal. That’s definitely possible to solo.

@OP If you ever run into a guild group add them as friends temporarily so you can report if they kick you at the end.

Posted by: limbeurt.9642

limbeurt.9642

Same thing happened to me today, in CoE as well. Bluntly kicked right before the final Subject Alpha fight, and its not because I sucked or anything.

I don’t have any proof so believe me or not I don’t care, I’m just giving a warning. I don’t remember the name of the people or the guild they were all from (the name was in a foreign language) but their tag was [EA].

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

They can. If you don’t like something this doesn’t automatically = something wrong with the game.

Also just because it happened to you does not mean that every time someone says it happened to them then that is what must have happened.

People also have a convenient way of forgetting details, like why they were kicked.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Have you actually even tried it? It’s quite tough and annoying even with a full group.

@Nike: Quite pointless to talk about content which physically requires more than 2 people. Requirements like that don’t make it hard.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Anicetus.1253

I’ve been talking about a fractal on scale 80, not a fractal level 80.
Which would be possible too. Aside from Old Tom, uncathegorized is a cake. Ascalon not worth mentioning, just extremely annoying and tedius, snowblind just takes some time, volcanic easily soloable until shaman (legendary), which might cause some troubles because of dps lack for the little elementals. Swamp and water again doable (mesmer).

Edit@Cookie: Wasn’t the discussion about duo’ing?

(edited by Anicetus.1253)

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Video of 3 orb solo gogo!

@Dub: Probably, I kind of lost track of which thread is which at this point

Well, duo ascalon probably wouldn’t be TOO horrible. I imagine the worst part would be defending the gronk that does the ritual, since you actually have to kill those things that attack in waves of 3.

Your best bets would probably be swamp/water/ascalon/snowblind :?

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)

Anicetus.1253

Posted by: Cynz.9437

Cynz.9437

that is why i open dungeons myself now…. people abuse LFG and nothing you can do about it

All is Vain~
[Teef] guild :>

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

This game has problems because people actually pay 20g for duo-able content. The content itself is fine, we even need more of lupi-level bosses with arah-level rewards.

EU Aurora Glade

Pinkey Flowery.7018

Have you actually even tried it? It’s quite tough and annoying even with a full group.

@Nike: Quite pointless to talk about content which physically requires more than 2 people. Requirements like that don’t make it hard.

Yes, I used to solo it while I waited for pugs for 75-79. I had 5 more levels left and my fractals group had stopped playing the game. I will admit I haven’t tried it at scale 80 and that I wiped at the Warrior+Mage mob in the courtyard but yes I’ve solo’ed the instance.

(edited by Pinkey Flowery.7018)

Wethospu.6437

I would like to hear your tactic to defend Fire Shaman.

Pinkey Flowery.7018

If you leave the siege up in the middle the ballistas constantly knockback the Shaman. He then casts the ritual from where he gets knocked back to and will aggro one or, at most, two mobs which are significantly easier to deal with than the four that you normally have to deal with.

Wethospu.6437

Yes, completely legit. As expected.

Do you also jump over the first gate?

(edited by Wethospu.6437)