Kickin' Dungeons is Allowed

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Skeub.6740

Skeub.6740

So after i made a ticket at Anet support about kicking in dungeon ( i also sent with the ticket a video on youtube where 2 people was kicking me) i got that answer :

Nous comprenons votre frustration mais nous sommes pas en mesure de vous permettre de reporter ces joueurs même si vous aviez leur pseudo. En effet, selon l’accord tacite qui existe entre les joueurs, chacun doit avoir confiance envers les autres joueurs. Par ailleurs, aucune obscénité n’est a déclarer.

Translation : We understand what you’re going though even if you were able to transmit us the identities of the incriminated players, we wouldn’t be able to take any measure considering that kicking the teamleader is actually not an offense. Indeed, according to the rules which existing between players, you have to be trust players should be able to trust one another. Moreover in this specific case they didn’t insult you.

PS : While i can’t post the video on forum you can check it on my youtube channel
PS2 : I’m not here to whine i’m here to make change change in the right direction

(edited by Skeub.6740)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Id re-submit. They griefed you and destroyed your instance.

Skeub.6740

the problem is not the kickers, the problem is the way how party system is managed. Why would anyone kick leader party with knowing that it’ll end the instance ? Why do you need only 2 people to kick the 3 others people in your party ? and Why blacklisted people can see your description party in LFG Tool

Posted by: Brando.3891

Brando.3891

they definetly should do something about this problem.

Brando [SC] Snow Crows

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Personally i think that party kicking must be a votation with a “No” vote included, giving one minute to conclude the voting.

Clarification: That gives protection against trolls, that way the rest of the team can counter the trolls with voting no.

(edited by Lucius.2140)

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Personally i think that party kicking must be a votation with a “No” vote included, giving one minute to conclude the voting.

Attachments:

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Edited alredy.

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

Skeub.6740:
the problem is not the kickers, the problem is the way how party system is managed. Why would anyone kick leader party with knowing that it’ll end the instance ? Why do you need only 2 people to kick the 3 others people in your party ? and Why blacklisted people can see your description party in LFG Tool

1. except it is. people that frequently call kicks are impatient, or just kittens. most likely the ppl in the group calling the kicks know each other or are from the same guild. that is not a fault with the party system. in fact there is also the possibility the fault lies with the person being kicked (i.e. didnt read the post, DCed, etc.) in which case its justified.

2. most ppl that kick the party leader obviously aren’t aware that that person started it..otherwise why kick. unless they’re really really kitten ed off. even then it would be like a double-edged sword. mainly they kick the person who DCs or goes AFK, and find out that the person started it too late.

3. I would imagine the reason is that 2 is a number that makes sense. If your in a group with 2 or 3 other people (maybe the other person left) and you call a kick on someone who DCed, you should only need 1 other vote. just like you only need your own vote to kick the other person in your group.

4. Maybe because the people on your blocks list have a friend in your group, or maybe because anet never got around to fixing it. Either way, I dont feel they should be barred an option to join a group simply because 1 person has a problem with them. Kinda like your kitten ed off at someone in your group because they made fun of you, but can’t kick them because no one else agrees with you.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Even if people wouldn’t know who started the instance there should be a fail safe. Kicking instance owner should never be justified.

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

It is justified by saving resources on limited server hardware

Oceanic [LOD]

nagr.1593

Actually there are a lot of reasons that are justified (I listed some of them above). Like if the party leader decides to DC or go AFK for an inordinate amount of time..say an hour or so. Should everyone in the group sit around and wait that long for them to come back? Or what if the leader has an attitude problem. Like he starts arguing with everyone else in the group, or he just refuses to do anything or help the group at all? Or maybe the leader doesnt meet any of the requirements that were specified in the LFG post, or maybe hes a sucky player, maybe he has all greens/blues, maybe hes trolling..I could go on and on, but you get the idea. In all these cases it would usually make sense to kick that person, and either rerun it with your group or leave/disband and find another one.

Arun Kar

Wukunlin.8461

I don’t think this thread is about kicking in general. It is more specific about destroying the instance and progress.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Actually there are a lot of reasons that are justified (I listed some of them above). Like if the party leader decides to DC or go AFK for an inordinate amount of time..say an hour or so. Should everyone in the group sit around and wait that long for them to come back? Or what if the leader has an attitude problem. Like he starts arguing with everyone else in the group, or he just refuses to do anything or help the group at all? Or maybe the leader doesnt meet any of the requirements that were specified in the LFG post, or maybe hes a sucky player, maybe he has all greens/blues, maybe hes trolling..I could go on and on, but you get the idea. In all these cases it would usually make sense to kick that person, and either rerun it with your group or leave/disband and find another one.

Thats not justifying destroying the hosts instance. If you kick him it shouldnt remove him from the instance. You should all be removed and he can remain solo in his hosted instance. Instance should be maintained by host at all times to prevent griefing.

nagr.1593

My meaning was, I dont think the instance owner should have an elevated status compared to others in the group. he shouldn’t be exempt from kicks just because he started the instance. However I do agree there should be changes made so that if he does get kicked he should remain in his instance rather than getting booted from it.

Arun Kar

Wukunlin.8461

yup, no arguments there. Although that means people can potentially hijack the dungeon. The system can only do so much. The rest has to be done by game moderators and the ability to report abusive players /coughpartychatlogcough

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

I wouldn’t recommend using that response as an excuse to abusively kick people from dungeons.

Skeub.6740

Yes exactly cause i found some other video where people get kicked out of dongeon by haters

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

However I do agree there should be changes made so that if he does get kicked he should remain in his instance rather than getting booted from it.

So two guys duo arah, then kick each other at the end – and hey, two completed paths waiting to sell!
It’s abusable as hell.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

No, the guy who opened the instance gets to keep it. Everyone else can bugger off then.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

Wukunlin.8461

But then the instance opener can abuse the hell out of his teammates.

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I like it, you probably exploited to the endboss anyway. I hope more people will do this to make exploiting arah unlucrative.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

(edited by Malediktus.9250)

Wukunlin.8461

Here we go again

Oceanic [LOD]

Skeub.6740

I like it, you probably exploited to the endboss anyway. I hope more people will do this to make exploiting arah unlucrative.

have you even seen the video on my channel ? cause if you did you can see i was at the beginning of the dungeon i didn’t even take the path that 2 guy without knowing if exploit or not just kick me. And no kicking someone from his dungeon is not a solution for any problems, with kicking you’ll just create more and more clivage between people

nagr.1593

And no kicking someone from his dungeon is not a solution for any problems

False. I actually know this because I just ran into this problem earlier today. We were doing TA, near the start and clearing the wurms, somehow the champ got triggered and suddenly there were all the other wurms spawned. 3 of us wiped, and we decided to reset the instance (since we hadnt made much progress anyway) by kicking the person who started it and then reinviting.

Unless we have some feature that lets us reset the instance without resorting to kicking the instance-opener (similar to what I used to remember WoW having), the bottom line is that it should still be possible to kick the leader. As to what happens when 2 people duo a dungeon and kick each other at the same time..wtf? common sense says that the one who opened the instance stays inside, while the other guy gets booted from it. And actually this doesnt even make sense now..lol. If this were to happen you either get people arguing that the party leader can then abuse the heck out of his teammates with no regard for consequences (since technically he wont rly be kicked, even if he is) or people like the OP arguing that you should not be able to kick the party leader at all. I dont rly see a solution atm.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

To reset the instance leader might swap character or simply leave party, kicking is not the only way.

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

Hall of Monuments Portal Stone ftw.

Skeub.6740

As to what happens when 2 people duo a dungeon and kick each other at the same time..wtf?

When there is only 2 people and one try to kick the other both get kick of this instance

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

It’s best to kick the party leader on the 3rd fractal or maw.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!