Kicking at the end of runs deserves a ban.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sil.4560

Sil.4560

No compromise. If you run a path with someone and kick them at the end of the run so that their buddy can join and get your reward, there needs to be a report option for that, and people found guilty need to be banned. Forever.

I am sick and tired of scrubs getting away with this in paths. This needs to be cracked down on and hard.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

If you have screen-shots send them in, nothing else you can do. Enough screenies and something will be done.

Sil.4560

That would be made much easier if party chat wasn’t dropped as soon as you’re kicked. I find that “feature” highly annoying.

Yargesh.4965

Me too, I am sure that they are aware of it. Where it lies on their priority list is their choice though.

Posted by: Kaizer.7135

Kaizer.7135

People have complained about this and the party chat removal since release, yet nothing has been done about it. I can only recommend you party up only with people you know, or record while running with PUGS. I know you shouldn’t have to, but you will have to if you want something done about it because looks like Anet doesn’t care, which I’m not surprised about.

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

I’ve yet to experience this. You must have done some thing really wrong to warrant such a thing or chose wrong people to party with.

The only time I’ve warranted kicking people after the start of the run is when two people were constantly dying in under 5 seconds due to lack of Agony resistance in fractals. Preventing the group from progressing after multiple resets.

There’s never been an undeserved kick in all the dungeons I’ve run. I was once even voted to be kicked out because I went in first to become the fractal instance owner, but the rest of the PUG party condemned that person and no one clicked the agree button.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I never run with strangers. Ever.

Which sucks because as a result, I only ever get AC done. :|

I ? Karkas.

Yargesh.4965

I don’t run dungeons often but 95% of all my runs have been with a pug, of those only 1 was horrible some where bad and a few where absolutely great. For me the percentages are that you will find an ok to great team. Just wish I liked dungeons.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

I don’t run dungeons often but 95% of all my runs have been with a pug, of those only 1 was horrible some where bad and a few where absolutely great. For me the percentages are that you will find an ok to great team. Just wish I liked dungeons.

But the one time it happens to you, that’s what you’ll remember. Since Anet doesn’t appear willing to do anything, the best you can do OP, is make sure you always enter the dungeon first. If you do and they kick you from the party then the whole party gets booted out and everyone loses all progress.

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

I’m sorry this happened to you OP. Thankfully I’ve been lucky enough to never had to deal with this, but I can definitely see how it would be irritating (to say the least).

If you write into support and tell them the dungeon and the time that it occurred they should be able to track it down and review the chat that went on even if you didn’t record it. Hopefully they admitted what they did in some way. Otherwise yea… you need to have recorded it… which puts the burden on the person that was abused… which rarely ends well : /

IMO there should be a griefing option for the dropdown. It would be so very useful for so many things.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Yargesh.4965

But the one time it happens to you, that’s what you’ll remember. Since Anet doesn’t appear willing to do anything, the best you can do OP, is make sure you always enter the dungeon first. If you do and they kick you from the party then the whole party gets booted out and everyone loses all progress.

True I will remember it, but I was not kicked (I left myself) it was just a really horrible group of people. Since I can’t change people I will just continue playing and having fun.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

That would be made much easier if party chat wasn’t dropped as soon as you’re kicked. I find that “feature” highly annoying.

This, it makes proof very difficult to get. What does a loading screen prove?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Lexandro.1456

Lexandro.1456

Actually this is not correct. Its not your fault though, its mis-information that people keep spreading. The chat gets cleared when you leave the instance, not the party. You can exit the dungeon while in a party, leave the party, and still have the entire chat log from the group.

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Well i think the only place where it happens is arah because they know that some people will buy the slots because they cant do it or simply cant
Find a group . I dont see any reason to kick some1 at the end
Of cof or something . But an advice would be dont talk too muchthats
If.u diidnt start the dungeon , thats what i do usually because somme people get angry very quickly .

Sil.4560

I’ve yet to experience this. You must have done some thing really wrong to warrant such a thing or chose wrong people to party with.

lol?

If you really want to know, my group had two people in it who were acting very condescending and rude, so I told them to ditch the attitude. Their response was to kick me. The reason the second person clicked the agree button is that the two people in question were in TS together.

Yeah, I’m going to start doing that. When it’s not possible, I’m going to start taking frequent screenshots and making note of names. I refuse to be intimidated by griefers. This happens again, and someone is going down, one way or another.

Actually this is not correct. Its not your fault though, its mis-information that people keep spreading. The chat gets cleared when you leave the instance, not the party. You can exit the dungeon while in a party, leave the party, and still have the entire chat log from the group.

Yes, I’m aware. As soon as you are kicked from a party in the dungeon, the result is that you also exit the instance. Ultimately, the chat is dropped. Readers knew exactly what I meant. It needs fixed either way I think.

(edited by Sil.4560)

Posted by: Blades.9417

Blades.9417

me and 2 more frieds we’re running CoF today, and we needed 2 more to complete aprty so we went to lfg tool. Went smooth until the boss where this 2 guys kicked us (they were 2 guys from riverside (DE) with commander tags). they got reported, and i hope they get a ban.

But yeah it sucks, even on cof, wich is fast and effortless, great community.

SFR thief.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I kick people for being bad. And no, I don’t add a guild friend after for the reward. I kick them because they are simply bad. End of story. And no, it doesn’t happen often. I am pretty generous with people. But there are those who really test my patience.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: SirLegolad.1840

SirLegolad.1840

Normally I wouldn’t use lfg system if u do I would use gw2lfg.com if people have a forum their , there obviously looking for a group to go through that much to get to the sight.

But yes I find it annoying how I helped 4 35leveled people and they kicked me cus there “guildie” wanted to join.

Posted by: Patres.4925

Patres.4925

me and 2 more frieds we’re running CoF today, and we needed 2 more to complete aprty so we went to lfg tool. Went smooth until the boss where this 2 guys kicked us (they were 2 guys from riverside (DE) with commander tags). they got reported, and i hope they get a ban.

You don’t know how to prevent it? You have to be person who open the dungeon, everytime! You should see party icons also, when you will see “kick” icon you have to dismiss it as quick as possible….

Norn Battle Guard / Norn Shadow / Patreschr / Queen of Saba / Altair Ibn La Ahád

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

You should see party icons also, when you will see “kick” icon you have to dismiss it as quick as possible….

And that’s why I practise sync-kicking.

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

You don’t know how to prevent it? You have to be person who open the dungeon, everytime! You should see party icons also, when you will see “kick” icon you have to dismiss it as quick as possible….

I’ve yet to be myself, but I’m pretty sure you don’t see the kick prompt if you’re the one being kicked.

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

This is a horrible practice and those that do it should be banned. unfortunately the only way to get proof is to start spamming screenshots of the chat screen the closer you get to the end of a dungeon run.

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Shouldn’t need screenshots. Provide Anet with names and the time it happened and they can check chat logs.

That said, only do dungeons with PUGs if you are the one who enters the dungeon. That way if they kick you, they also kick themselves.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

And as soon as people vote boot you from instance and THEN vote kick you from party your comment will actually mean something.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I’ve never experienced this. Stop being bad/mean or get a guild.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Ahlen.7591

Ahlen.7591

We had to kick two people yesterday because they wouldn’t stop insulting one of the other party members and just being kitten in general. We let it slide for most of the fractal, but when we got near jade maw they got worse and started to really lay it on.

I don’t think they noticed 3 of us were in the same guild?

So yeah, sometimes kicking is pretty deserved.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

We had to kick two people yesterday because they wouldn’t stop insulting one of the other party members and just being kitten in general. We let it slide for most of the fractal, but when we got near jade maw they got worse and started to really lay it on.

I don’t think they noticed 3 of us were in the same guild?

So yeah, sometimes kicking is pretty deserved.

Completely agree. I’ve been on the kicking end a couple of times.

On the reverse side, I was pugging fotm and getting a little lippy with a guy who was wasting time. I realized 3 of them all had the same tag, and immediately started complimenting them and saying how well we were doing. I didn’t get kicked ;-)

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: moonslightv.6704

moonslightv.6704

I agree this kicking needs to STOP. I was at the end boss of the new TA path TWICE and both times I got booted. I have no clue as to why I was either because I was doing everything I could in the fight. It really bothers me you spend over 2 hours in a dungeon only to have all that work wasted.

I have NEVER been booted before, and even with the new LFG tool(which I do love) I have had nothing but good experiences. It has only been on this new content where this has happened but it none the less has got to go or there should be more then 2 votes needed before a kick is done.

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

I personally if run with a pug group always check the guild tags, if I see 2 or 3 of the same guild I tend to leave, if its a full guild team bar me and I don’t know them ill leave ahead of time,

I personally have never been kicked from a party, I did have a friend who ran threw a high level FotM only to get booted at the maw,

If however in the even I had to run with a guild group, I always mouse over there names in the party window and screen shot it, so I know there name/guild, as I personally feel this is an exploit when they kick you so they can invite a buddy.