Kicking from Dungeons

Kicking from Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Winzzy.9435

Winzzy.9435

There needs to be a kicking lock while in combat and during and after boss.

Just this morning I ran CoF with a group, went very well. Downed once but that will happen in full zerkers. Ran pas Indiana Jones trap with no portal from Mesmer because he didn’t feel like doing it.. Kill the boss in record time (timing my blocks well, was running guardian) and as soon as he dies I am kicked… No reason but they wanted to be jerks.

I did get the tokens but nothing else. Anet please make it so there is a window when people cannot be kicked at, during, after boss…. maybe the boss area is a no kick zone. What happened to me was complete BS and isn’t fun to be trolled just so some immature deviant can get his/her laughs.

Kicking from Dungeons

Winzzy.9435

Oh and I cant even report them because all group conversation is erased after I am booted from dungeon…

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

what a shame they took 6 minutes of your time

though I bet they didn’t because it didn’t actually happen, did it?

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

i think there needs to be a lock on who can join who’s group. that way the new players can have fun explore the dungeon with other new players

Are you Shpongled?

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Shpongle.6025

Shpongle.6025

There needs to be a kicking lock while in combat and during and after boss.

Just this morning I ran CoF with a group, went very well. Downed once but that will happen in full zerkers. Ran pas Indiana Jones trap with no portal from Mesmer because he didn’t feel like doing it.. Kill the boss in record time (timing my blocks well, was running guardian) and as soon as he dies I am kicked… No reason but they wanted to be jerks.

I did get the tokens but nothing else. Anet please make it so there is a window when people cannot be kicked at, during, after boss…. maybe the boss area is a no kick zone. What happened to me was complete BS and isn’t fun to be trolled just so some immature deviant can get his/her laughs.

btw, if the person who entered the dungeon leaves, EVERYONE GETS KICKED the whole group, it’s been like that forever, so maybe the person who entered just left and you call got kicked out, it’s happened to me

Are you Shpongled?

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

i think there needs to be a lock on who can join who’s group. that way the new players can have fun explore the dungeon with other new players

It’s called properly advertising your party. Examples:
P1 speed, 80 only, know the run
P1, newbies welcome
P1, any class welcome

And so on.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

P1, newbies welcome
P1, any class welcome

And so on.

The thing about that is everyone can still join. For example, I was doing all story modes again and put in an advertisement like “SM lvl 80s, be competent” and for CM I got 4 40-50s that joined. After kicking them, they join right up and I ask are you kittening stupid? I knew CM is easy but it’s the fact they didn’t read the advertisement. Long story short, I’m surprised I haven’t been banned yet for blowing up on so many people, this LFG tool brings out the worst players.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Well, since there’s no way to tell how experienced someone is, they can’t really put a system in place for separating newbies from everyone else. I guess they could allow the LFG poster to choose the minimum level, and filter out anyone else. I laughed when I saw “4000+ AP only,” because I have 4600ish and there are dungeons I haven’t run.. Which made me so badly want to join that Arah speed run.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

P1, newbies welcome
P1, any class welcome

And so on.

No one reads the descriptions. Go try to make a CoF P2 party. Far more often than not you’ll get multiple people quitting because they wanted P1. It’s annoying for the people that join that are booted and for the party having to boot. In both cases everyone is miffed and has to repost in LFG. They need more sections/filters.

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Ah how I adore you. Whenever there is an evil little voice at the back of my head wanting to say the most obnoxious thing possible, you beat me to it. <3

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Ah how I adore you. Whenever there is an evil little voice at the back of my head wanting to say the most obnoxious thing possible, you beat me to it. <3

SCANDAL!

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

<3

generally as long as you don’t insult someone you can get away with it even in sections mod bot looks at more often than once per decade

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Kicking from Dungeons

Winzzy.9435

Its sad when people lives are such a mess of hurt and failed expectations that they lash out at other on the internet anonymously… Even worse that they gather around each other to feed off of each others own misery.

Pathetic.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Its sad when people lives are such a mess of hurt and failed expectations that they lash out at other on the internet anonymously… Even worse that they gather around each other to feed off of each others own misery.

Pathetic.

You’re asking for it now!

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

IKR. This guy, forever beating me to the punch.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Pinkey Flowery.7018

Pinkey Flowery.7018

Simple, add a recent partymates tab to the friends and contacts menu which could maybe be time filtered. Then if this does indeed happen find the names and report them. It seems to me that the biggest annoyance that OPs of these type of threads have is that they don’t have any sort of retaliatory measure.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

Now there is the in game lfg tool you can quickly check LFG after you have been booted. There might be a 4/5 entry there with the names of your former party and if it does show up then take that screenshot.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: nagr.1593

nagr.1593

usually when ppl kick u they have a reason. even if that reason doesn’t make any sense, or its just childish. I can give a couple of examples actually, from my personal experience…

I was in a group with this one guy (his username is still on my blocks list) for CoF and all worlds were contested. I was doing Dwayna event in Malchor’s Leap to pass the time (she was at 40% health or so) and last i checked my world was on bridge event with 6min left, I told this all to the group, told htem also I would open bcoz i had exp. We were probly 10mins in with nothin happening at that point, awhile later this guy in our group gets mad all of a sudden and starts raging in chat, “post clearly said to have story done. why the kitten can’t people read”and then for no reason he kicks me (even though I had story done and said as such..). Then when I tried to whisper him tofind out why he had kicked me, I found he had blocked me immediately as soon as he did. Was very frustrating for me as you can imagine, I still feel this was a very childish reaction. I checked his status after i joined another group, he was stuck outside the dung for a good 10mins after he kicked me. really really pointless reaction, in the end he accomplished nothing, a prime example of GW2 players acting out for no reason.

Another instance I had was when I was runnin CoF p1, I was lagging bad and of course wiped once on the acolyte part (a lot of people wipe, even without lag). I had alrdy told my group about this, we are right near the end of the run at the last boss, and right before the fight I tell them in chat I’m going to brb for a sec (was going to fix my lag) and barely 10secs in and I am kicked out. It is truly amazing that some people have no patience and are so blatently rude, and get worked up for such an easy boss fight besides…

My point is, usually if they kicked you (to the OP) they must have had a reason, even a stupid one that doesn’t make any sense. maybe its something you said or did, think about it. Trust me, there is always one.

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Pathetic.

Or… There are some people who have perfectly fine lives that just don’t like dealing with idiots neither in game or IRL.

It’s funny how you imply you never complain about people/stuff IRL or over the internet, something I have a hard time to believe.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

Is it weird that I just had to double check because I thought swift did write that original message?

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: LONGA.1652

LONGA.1652

This dungeon kicking need to be fixed. I don’t kick people mid dungeon unless that guy can’t be back in 10 minute. But Today ran with Pug group that some of them happen to be in same guild. Saw one of them running bad build but I don’t really mind though.
Untill group got to spider midboss in TA. which experienced people would know that spider got only 2 attack pattern. Then one of them said that I didn’t run reflect in utiliy.So I reply that he should use dodge more.

Then at last tree boss when boss got 5% left I got lighting fast kicked.after saying that i only run for daily and don’t want to continue with group.

But there a twist that the other guy(dungeon starter) who not in that guild do the justice for me. He whispered that he kicked those guild group on the run when boss near dead as well.

I really hope that you still got those conversation in your log after being kicked out of instance so that you can report them properly.

(edited by LONGA.1652)

Kicking from Dungeons

Bright.9160

This dungeon kicking need to be fixed. I don’t kick people mid dungeon unless that guy can’t be back in 10 minute. But Today ran with Pug group that some of them happen to be in same guild. Saw one of them running bad build but I don’t really mind though.
Untill group got to spider midboss in TA. which experienced people would know that spider got only 2 attack pattern. Then one of them said that I didn’t run reflect in utiliy.So I reply that he should use dodge more.

Then at last tree boss when boss got 5% left I got lighting fast kicked.after saying that i only run for daily and don’t want to continue with group.

But there a twist that the other guy(dungeon starter) who not in that guild do the justice for me. He whispered that he kicked those guild group on the run when boss near dead as well.

I really hope that you still got those conversation in your log after being kicked out of instance so that you can report them properly.

I’d kick you for not running reflects on Malrona as well though. I’d just do it there and then, and wouldn’t wait for the endboss to do it.

“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

I got a kick out of this story

Oceanic [LOD]

Kicking from Dungeons

LONGA.1652

kitten that would be valid if there’s a hint before Malrona aggro . Not in a group that doesn’t advertised experienced only.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

Pathetic.

With an attitude like this, I have absolutely no clue why somebody may have kicked you.

RIP in peace Robert

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

If you’re not running reflects on Malrona you deserve a fiery agonizing torment for all eternity in the depths of Hades

and an insta-kick, of course

Retired. Too many casuals.

Kicking from Dungeons

Ethics.4519

If you’re not running reflects on Malrona you deserve a fiery agonizing torment for all eternity in the depths of Hades

Why should he have to change his utilities so that it will save the group from getting hit and damage the boss more. Are you so elite that you can’t let him play the way he wants to play? Why should the boss die 5 min faster just so you can farm gold?

/s

RIP in peace Robert

Kicking from Dungeons

Bright.9160

kitten that would be valid if there’s a hint before Malrona aggro . Not in a group that doesn’t advertised experienced only.

Well, if it’s your first time on Malrona, I can understand you didn’t know…

… you said however that you knew it only had 2 attack patterns, and you told the guy who made a pretty good point (run reflects) that he should dodge more.

Sorry, but you deserved a kick, just not at the endboss, but at Malrona.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Why should he have to change his utilities so that it will save the group from getting hit and damage the boss more. Are you so elite that you can’t let him play the way he wants to play? Why should the boss die 5 min faster just so you can farm gold?

/s

Careful with that sarcasm, Ethics.

“He who fights with bads might take care lest he thereby becomes a bad. And when you gaze long into a casual the casual also gazes into you.”

Retired. Too many casuals.

Kicking from Dungeons

LONGA.1652

Honestly when I did another run with another group after getting kicked.There arn’t any full wipe at all.

While the group that kick me obviously have a thief running 3 signets build with full berserk armor.Who didn’t start the party and most likely to be the guy that start the vote kick.

Please don’t expect PuG to carry you with zero communication.

Kicking from Dungeons

Ethics.4519

While the group that kick me obviously have a thief running 3 signets build with full berserk armor.Who didn’t start the party and most likely to be the guy that start the vote kick.

I want him in my party. As long as it’s not P/P &SB.

I never expect PuGs to carry me… ever.

RIP in peace Robert

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: SgtSarcasm.1653

SgtSarcasm.1653

I’ve never had this happen to me, even in groups where I’ve joined solo and there were 3+ ppl of same guild in the group and I criticized their builds/playstyles (guardians running around spamming staff #1 all the run, etc).

I am paranoid, however, so I grab a screenshot at the start of the run so that if I get kicked for no reason I can put them on block list and add nickname “kicked for no reason blahblah”.
But as I said, never actually happened to me yet, so as of now I’ve just been overly paranoid.

I would, however, like to see them fix it so that party chat isn’t completely erased from your log the moment you leave/get kicked from a group.
I want this because of reasons.

Khaine [80 Guardian] – Night of Wallachia [80 Warrior]
Minister of Fear [80 Necromancer] @Far Shiverpeaks EU

Kicking from Dungeons

Bright.9160

Honestly when I did another run with another group after getting kicked.There arn’t any full wipe at all.

Putting up reflects at Malrona isn’t carrying your team, it’s not being an idiot.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

Putting up reflects at Malrona isn’t carrying your team, it’s not being an idiot.

You should do everything you can to help your team (re-worded what you said nicely).

I’ve forgotten to swap utilities for fights like this. Just say my bad, I forgot to swap. Just be polite. I highly doubt anyone is going to kick you because of that.

Don’t tell everyone to learn to dodge because you didn’t bring the best tools available to you to a fight like a jerk. They’ll be far more inclined to kick you because of those two things together.

That being said they were jerks for waiting to kick you on the last boss.

None of the actions excuse the others. Sounds like it was just a party full of jerks being jerks to each other

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: mosspit.8936

mosspit.8936

I’ve never had this happen to me, even in groups where I’ve joined solo and there were 3+ ppl of same guild in the group and I criticized their builds/playstyles (guardians running around spamming staff #1 all the run, etc).

I am paranoid, however, so I grab a screenshot at the start of the run so that if I get kicked for no reason I can put them on block list and add nickname “kicked for no reason blahblah”.
But as I said, never actually happened to me yet, so as of now I’ve just been overly paranoid.

I would, however, like to see them fix it so that party chat isn’t completely erased from your log the moment you leave/get kicked from a group.
I want this because of reasons.

Lol, this reminded me once when I got kicked from Arah p3 when I teased a 5signet warrior. I wouldn’t have felt so trollish if not for the fact he was loud with his instructions yet made wrong pulls. First he didn’t realize that we havent pulled the 2nd risen mage at the start even after I mentioned the fact and went and got himself killed with a wrong pull. Second, he ranged-aggroed the lupi room abominations and made them charge straight into the party unprepared. and caused a wipe. Apparently my last tease while running back to lupi was too much for him and I got kicked. But the kick was well-worth it. I even thanked him for the laughs and kick after that.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

this is related: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Funniest-player-fails-thread/page/6#post2498242

“I don’t use reflects at the CoE elementals I’M SO PRO LOL”

Oceanic [LOD]

Kicking from Dungeons

Winzzy.9435

Or… There are some people who have perfectly fine lives that just don’t like dealing with idiots neither in game or IRL.

It’s funny how you imply that is at all what is happening. I take it you didn’t read the conversation about how to push trolling limits without drawing punishment from Anet.

As for the rest of the conversation…
First post was pretty much all of it. I’m not a perfect player, but I am competent enough and can play fairly well. No glaring mistakes happened, it was a fast and smooth run. The only plausible explanation is griefing. I have heard of it happening but had until this one instance never had it happen to me.

My position was, and is, that there should be recourse for griefing in game and a mechanic to eliminate this type of thing from dungeons.

Kicking from Dungeons

Ethics.4519

It’s funny how you imply that is at all what is happening. I take it you didn’t read the conversation about how to push trolling limits without drawing punishment from Anet.

As for the rest of the conversation…
First post was pretty much all of it. I’m not a perfect player, but I am competent enough and can play fairly well. No glaring mistakes happened, it was a fast and smooth run. The only plausible explanation is griefing. I have heard of it happening but had until this one instance never had it happen to me.

My position was, and is, that there should be recourse for griefing in game and a mechanic to eliminate this type of thing from dungeons.

Bright never insulted you. He/she made a statement that people don’t like dealing with idiots.

You say the only plausible explanation is griefing. That’s wrong. He/she could have left party immediately on mistake. It has been done before, and will be done again. So just get over it and move on

RIP in peace Robert

Kicking from Dungeons

nagr.1593

To be fair, whenever I run this path on my guard I always use reflects, but only for my personal safety. I do dodge and use aegis/blocks in addition to this, but the upshot of this is that I can stay in melee range with him throughout the duration of the fight and comfortably sit around 90%+ health.

However, not all guards are as well-informed as this (probably comes from inexperience). I usually run TA on my warrior, I melee Malrona and while I don’t have access to as many blocks/reflects as I do on my guard, I still manage to dodge most of the hits and rarely get downed anymore. I ran with a group of 2 guards once and neither of them opted to use reflects on this boss. TBH it didn’t really bother me at all, since I have learned never to rely on reflects when PuGs are involved. I choose to run with friends when its a matter of trust.

As to the group that kicked you? Clearly they were justified in doing so, though not for the reason that people have said (i.e that you didn’t provide reflects). You yourself said it, you didn’t feel like continuing the run with the group. If someone said that in chat in one of my groups, I’d automatically call a kick on them. If you don’t feel like running, then obviously you’re going to moan and whine and not contribute to group effort much if we let you stay. So my question to you is, what other response were you expecting from a PuG?

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Kicking from Dungeons

nagr.1593

Malrona isn’t hard at all. Soloed him yesterday on my warrior:
http://youtu.be/We2O50rTkEo

As you can see, don’t need reflects.

Arun Kar

Kicking from Dungeons

mosspit.8936

The thing about Malrona is about letting her poison you for added dmg. Deliberate poison and feedback decreases her hp by 30%-40% in a single move, and this is in additional to the party’s normal dps effort.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I wouldn’t advise that if you are low on HP though :p

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

It’s her weaker attack that poisons you.

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

The weaker attack, sure, but with a quarter hp in zerks it can hurt.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Kicking from Dungeons

mosspit.8936

You don’t have to keep yourself in that poisoned status. Just allow yourself to be poisoned once you have a good dmg burst skill that has recharged.

Kicking from Dungeons

nagr.1593

I finally got around to redoing the fight I had posted earlier since I decided it was rather sloppy (plus there was some error in vid rendering at the start). While I would still recommend you use blocks/invuls and mobility skills (to escape her AoE) if you’re planning to melee Malrona, I have some added tips:

• You dont really need condi removal, you can run around her to avoid getting sprayed by her poison. On the off-chance you do get hit, you can dodge/block to avoid her AoE.
  • In the previous vid I usually dodged twice, this was to be safe. Once you understand the fight well enough, you only need one well-timed dodge to avoid the AoE circles (only applies to the ones in melee range). Reminds me of CoE P2/3 alpha actually..
  • Don’t rely on reflects unless you trust the person who has it. Reason is most who do use it have terrible timing, and others dont use it at all. I was in a group with 3 guards (all with twice my AP) and two of them were constantly downed, while the other was ranging. I only saw one successful reflect put up that fight.

As you can see, I also managed to cut the duration of the fight by more than half.
http://youtu.be/-Ml8Nt4FQBw

Arun Kar

(edited by nagr.1593)

Kicking from Dungeons

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I would’ve kicked you right away and put you in my block list. I’m surprised that guy managed not to lose control and start yelling at you.