Kikked from fractal lv20 bc 0 agony resist

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

Thx Arena to make the game like this. I m at 0/10 ring drop from 10 18 lv. Now i try to do lv 20 more and ppl kik me bc i have 0 resistence. I m at 1300 token so soon i m rdy for the back craft but it isn t normal.

What i have to do? I have to stop fractal and do a daily all day for a ring? I never see a things like this and i play mmo from 10 years(long raid experience… )

Change the drop of it bc now it is so stupid.

Posted by: Grav.4790

Grav.4790

I was kicked too. Have people leave my groups from same reasons. Seems we need to l2p or something, because some people already have 30 resist. I got my only ring after around 180 runs. Others have like 4 in half of that time. I’m just angry, disappointed and realized how much time i have wasted. I doubt it they will change it, rather be prepared for new RNG accessory soon and people going even higher leaving you behind.

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

nah they said they were going to add other ways to get them and that it was a mistake to put it in only in dungeons, the guy in the AMA said he took the blame for it, it was his call.

Starlink.6248

ok so we still spam 1 fractal at day lv 10 for try the drop? I want to play and i m a good player why i have to stop my game for the stupid RNG and drop system?

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

the rings are account bound. While it’s not exactly optimal you can get another shot by using an alt..

Grav.4790

you can get another shot by using an alt..

I don’t think you can do multiple dailies using alts on same factor.

Posted by: Cub Discus Gig.2176

Cub Discus Gig.2176

You cannot. 15chars

Killed Again / Jade Sorrow
Underworld
www.valourgaming.com

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

You can, I have 2 characters at difficulty 20’s. I can go do daily on one of them, then do it again on the other (both in the same factor).

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Starlink.6248

so i have to lv uo a char to 80 make equip and do 20 lv for a bad design? -.-

Grav.4790

You can, I have 2 characters at difficulty 20’s. I can go do daily on one of them, then do it again on the other (both in the same factor).

I would need some confirmation on this from others, because it’s hard to believe. This seems like some kinda of bug or you are just wrong.

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

In 10 years of MMOs you have never seen someone have a group requirement? Come on.

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Posted by: Jairlyn.1429

Jairlyn.1429

I would need some confirmation on this from others, because it’s hard to believe. This seems like some kinda of bug or you are just wrong.

If you don’t believe that poster why would you believe others?

Jairlyn: Guardian- Yak’s Bend

Starlink.6248

In 10 years of MMOs you have never seen someone have a group requirement? Come on.

no like this that i can t join a group fo equip…..

Posted by: Ravax.1205

Ravax.1205

Starlink, why dont you just craft a cheap quiver? Its not that hard, or expensive.. im sure you have 50 ectos somewhere, and 250 ancient bones.. not expensive.. there, PROBLEM SOLVED

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Starlink, why dont you just craft a cheap quiver? Its not that hard, or expensive.. im sure you have 50 ectos somewhere, and 250 ancient bones.. not expensive.. there, PROBLEM SOLVED

Assuming he’s got a vial, I don’t think this is unreasonable. Barring really bad drops, you should get enough money and/or ectos getting to level 20 to make yourself an ascended back piece, unless you’re skipping the vast majority of the mobs. Bare minimum doing each fractal set once and getting a gold from each should pull in 20g by the time you absolutely need that back piece, the bones will run you 6g~, the ectos another 15~ assuming you didn’t salvage any on your way up.

(edited by Tulisin.6945)

Starlink.6248

i have like 1300 token so i ll wait to craft it…. why i have to use my gold for it? Now i finished a lv 20 dropepd 2 rings to ppl full of it. It isn t normal….

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

There’s a difference between a requirement where a known amount of effort is needed in order to get the requirement and a requirement that’s completely RNG.

Posted by: Rika.7249

Rika.7249

To my understanding, most fractals don’t need agony resistance at all, despite of the level. You just have to be insanely cautious. Agony is applied through boss mechanics mostly, such as Archdiviner’s Initial AoE-damage, Dredge Powersuit’s groundslam, Jellyfish’s nomnom ability.
So AFAIK, you can easily get away with not having ANY resistance at all, if you’re pro enough.

And if you’re pro enough, no-one will notice that you have 0 resistance.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Wrong: Jade maw applies Agony regardless. You can’t evade it. It applies it multiple times as you progress through each Phase. He was kicked at level 20 which if you have 0 Agony resist it is very doubtful you will live through Maw’s Agony hit. Even at 15 resist it packs a punch and I have to heal through it.

I have heard that Endure Pain can help get by some agony, but still….

Posted by: Shammy.5846

Shammy.5846

My question is this most people ask them to put rings on the vendors. If they did that and made them like the back pieces there already would people still buy them and craft them? Would cost a outrageous amount of gold just to get +30 resist and at lvl 40 you still die on Jade. So I’m hoping maybe the fractal weapons can and will be able to be upgraded since they also come as exotic from what I seen drop and maybe when ascended will have offencesive slots for agony bringing us to +40 once all upgraded.

Needless to say keep getting crystals doing dailies staticially you will eventually get your rings. It costs you nothing but maybe 2 silver from a death from Maw until you eventually get 1 or until you get your back piece and upgrade it to give you at least 10 resistance but by that time I’m sure you should have picked up a ring or 2 by then to get all thats needed if you brought the back from the vendor and upgraded.

Most of all its not like people don’t get anything unlike every other MMO out there when you doing end game content you could wait weeks or even months before getting just 1 RNG drop for your class. Then your fighting with others to get the same thing meanwhile here. You and everyone in your party gets something to show for there troubles maybe not be what you wanted but there is also next time.

What people should be complaining about is you can not remove the infusions once sloted so anyone who actually crafted a better infusion and put them into a ring or back they will replace. They are the one going to get shafted thats alot of money and time that cannot be replaced. Not to mention will have to do it all over again for the new item.

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

Thx Arena to make the game like this. I m at 0/10 ring drop from 10 18 lv. Now i try to do lv 20 more and ppl kik me bc i have 0 resistence. I m at 1300 token so soon i m rdy for the back craft but it isn t normal.

What i have to do? I have to stop fractal and do a daily all day for a ring? I never see a things like this and i play mmo from 10 years(long raid experience… )

Change the drop of it bc now it is so stupid.

I’d kick you because your spelling hurts my head.

On a more related note, if you had a lot of experience with raiding, you would not be saying you’ve never seen this. That or you had the greatest luck with drops and always got what you wanted from a raid boss.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

Assuming he’s got a vial, I don’t think this is unreasonable. Barring really bad drops, you should get enough money and/or ectos getting to level 20 to make yourself an ascended back piece, unless you’re skipping the vast majority of the mobs. Bare minimum doing each fractal set once and getting a gold from each should pull in 20g by the time you absolutely need that back piece, the bones will run you 6g~, the ectos another 15~ assuming you didn’t salvage any on your way up.

where are you getting your T6 mats / Ectos? O_o and can I has some?

I made the fang based quiver.

Each fang was ~15s making that ~37g 50s
Each Glob was ~25s making that another ~12g 50s
Waiting and buying when costs were low it was a bit over 40g for my non infused quiver. That doesn’t give you a single point of resistance by the way. Still gotta make an infusion or infuse the quiver.

While I didn’t have a tough time making my quiver, assuming everyone has 50-100g and the account bound materials to be able to make the back piece to get up to 10 resist in only 20 fractals is assuming a lot. the system is random and because its random you will have people that get it easily and others that can spend months trying for little gain. It’s a bad system that many mainstream MMOs have gotten rid of in recent years.

Posted by: Zileve.2089

Zileve.2089

You could also farm Fractal Relics and make the Beta Capacitor for an agony resistance slot. It’s an alternative if you don’t want to spend much money, just have to do FoTM quite a bit.

Posted by: Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Ze Dos Cavalos.6132

Well i have done lvl20 with 0 resistence and no one in my party asked me anything.
You just need one guy with 15 resist to rez the others and its ok.
Must of the ppl do lvl20 with 5 resist so everyone get in downed state or die at jade maw, good thing in my parties theres was always someone with 10 or 15 that didnt die.

[DIE] Death is Energy

Posted by: Shammy.5846

Shammy.5846

I think majority of the people complaining now about rings never been in a raid based type of game or never actually been in a guild with regular week schedule for raids. FotM been out for what almost 2 weeks and people already up in arms about not having the current best items in game and that someone else has them why can’t they.

Posted by: Lokki.1092

Lokki.1092

I think majority of the people complaining now about rings never been in a raid based type of game or never actually been in a guild with regular week schedule for raids. FotM been out for what almost 2 weeks and people already up in arms about not having the current best items in game and that someone else has them why can’t they.

I think its more because for the first 2 months and throughout all the marketing GW2 didn’t have the raid model now it suddenly does. I’ve been running Fractals like mad, getting tokens and having bad luck every which way but its no worse than the months after months I spent trying for my Azuresong Mageblade. But for my wife who is new to non sandbox MMOs It is completely baffling as to why you would spend so much time and effort for the chance at a reward and the unfairness of the random system.

We are used to it but it is a bad system. Right now I don’t feel it, seemingly neither do you. but our tolerance is fairly high because we are used to it from other games. In our minds it normal to take a few months of the same content to get your gear. but I’m sure even you have a limit. I know I do, if it took me over 6 months of Frac running to get a ring I would be pretty angry I think. Just have to realize people have lower tolerance levels especially when the game said it wouldn’t be done in this fashion.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

In order to have a realistic chance to survive agony at tier20, you need 10 resist the very least. It doesn’t matter if you have 0 or 5. Also at the Jade Maw you need 15, but we usually have a designated “dying area” for players with less than 15.

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

On a more related note, if you had a lot of experience with raiding, you would not be saying you’ve never seen this. That or you had the greatest luck with drops and always got what you wanted from a raid boss.

Yes, but FotM isn’t a raid. It’s not even remotely structured like a raid. Furthermore, the way the difficulty tiers are designed, the dungeon unnecessarily divides the playerbase on arbitrary factors, such as – as we’re seeing here – one’s luck with RNG drops.

ANet’s Manifesto states that “our games aren’t about preparing to have fun, or about grinding for a future fun reward. Our games are designed to be fun from moment to moment.” If you have to grind FotM over and over at the mercy of an RNG in order to have a chance at a future fun reward, that’s a direct violation of ANet’s stated design policies. It’s also simply not fun.

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

I’m aware of all the problems surrounding RNG and Fractals, I made a thread about it a number of days ago. I am simply stating that his comment about having never seen something like this with “play mmo from 10 years(long raid experience… )” is preposterous and laughable.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I’ve kicked people from my FotM parties for not having enough (or any) agony resistance. And when I run with a random puggle that is claiming to have X amount of agony resist I ask them to link their gear.

I was doing the same thing months ago to people that wanted to join a guild group for Arah or CoE explorable. I required puggles to have full exotic gear if they wanted to come with us.

Why? It’s a gateway. I don’t want to have to be constantly ressing you just because you’re too cheap/lazy to have good gear. I don’t know how good of a player you are, and who out there is totally 100% honest about how good/bad they are when they’re trying to find a group to do content? All I know is that if you miss a dodge here or there, and you’re in full agony resist gear, you’re still going to be alive afterwards.

I understand some people have genuinely bad luck getting rings/vials. I’m very sorry for you. But, I’m not going to intentionally inconvenience myself just because you’re having bad luck. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh or whatever, but I play this game to have fun. And if I’m doing content that is balanced around having 5 people, and 1 of those people is constantly dead, the gameplay becomes a lot less fun for me.

This isn’t anything new, and this shouldn’t surprise anyone.

Was there an uproar on the forum 3 months ago when people doing Arah exp were only accepting people in full exotics when 99% of the population wasn’t in full exotics yet? Yep. Has that problem been completely negated over 2 months of game play? Yep.

Give it a few more weeks and this will no longer be an issue and you all will have found something new to whine about instead.

Having said all that, let me spend a minute on my soapbox to say something else.

Ascended gear only matters for high level fractals.

If you’re “grinding” fractals so that you can get ascended rings so that you can go be 1% better in WvW, you’re doing it wrong.

If you’re complaining that you’re being forced to do something unfun in this game, you honestly do not understand this game. If you currently do not enjoy doing fractals, stop doing them. The minor stat gain from these 3 pieces of gear is really not worth the amount of heartache you’re giving yourself. Take your exotics, and go back to doing whatever it was you were doing before fractals came out. You’ll be much happier and live a longer and fuller life because of it.

You’re welcome.

Starlink.6248

I’ve kicked people from my FotM parties for not having enough (or any) agony resistance. And when I run with a random puggle that is claiming to have X amount of agony resist I ask them to link their gear.

I was doing the same thing months ago to people that wanted to join a guild group for Arah or CoE explorable. I required puggles to have full exotic gear if they wanted to come with us.

Why? It’s a gateway. I don’t want to have to be constantly ressing you just because you’re too cheap/lazy to have good gear. I don’t know how good of a player you are, and who out there is totally 100% honest about how good/bad they are when they’re trying to find a group to do content? All I know is that if you miss a dodge here or there, and you’re in full agony resist gear, you’re still going to be alive afterwards.

I understand some people have genuinely bad luck getting rings/vials. I’m very sorry for you. But, I’m not going to intentionally inconvenience myself just because you’re having bad luck. I’m sorry if that sounds harsh or whatever, but I play this game to have fun. And if I’m doing content that is balanced around having 5 people, and 1 of those people is constantly dead, the gameplay becomes a lot less fun for me.

Was there an uproar on the forum 3 months ago when people doing Arah exp were only accepting people in full exotics when 99% of the population wasn’t in full exotics yet? Yep. Has that problem been completely negated over 2 months of game play? Yep.

Give it a few more weeks and this will no longer be an issue and you all will have found something new to whine about instead.

Having said all that, let me spend a minute on my soapbox to say something else.

If you’re “grinding” fractals so that you can get ascended rings so that you can go be 1% better in WvW, you’re doing it wrong.

If you’re complaining that you’re being forced to do something unfun in this game, you honestly do not understand this game. If you currently do not enjoy doing fractals, stop doing them. The minor stat gain from these 3 pieces of gear is really not worth the amount of heartache you’re giving yourself. Take your exotics, and go back to doing whatever it was you were doing before fractals came out. You’ll be much happier and live a longer and fuller life because of it.

You’re welcome.

i was kittend and it was ok bc i nerf the party with no agony resist. The problem isn t this but the RNG that wont that i drop this kitten ring….

Arena need to change it….. maybe we can take rings from npc with badge….

(edited by Starlink.6248)

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I really can’t understand what you’re trying to say.

Posted by: NightyNight.1823

NightyNight.1823

Well its understandible if you had no resistance and you were constantly dying.The rings drop is not that bad , you were just unlucky.This is not a major issue of this dungeon.

Starlink.6248

maybe tomorrow i ll drop one. I ll try 10 and 20 for it…

Posted by: Azelroth.6801

Azelroth.6801

This is a genuine problem that will be rectified by Anet. Chris has already admitted that the implementation was less than ideal so I’m sure that they’re working on a fix for it as we speak.

There was a lesson they learnt with releasing the fractals dungeon and I hope they keep it in mind for future content (make the content accessible for everyone and don’t limit it to a random occurrence of luck/chance) If they can manage to do that then the fun factor will increase for everyone.

Azelroth [MoM] – Methods Of Mayhem
Commander @ Tarnished Coast

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It’s not as if no one ever complained about drop rates in raid based games, either. However, a 1/week raid with a chance for the item you needed to drop, and then a chance you’d get it seems worse. It’s all about instant gratification. I believe the system was put in as it is as a reaction to speed-runs through regular dungeons.

Posted by: cheeseonbike.5607

cheeseonbike.5607

You’re welcome.

you’re contradicting yourself.

I like to be in your party and play fractals with u but i can’t because u kick people who have no agony resistance. So is that my fault the Anet hates me and doen’t give me a ring? while others who have done less runs then me have 2 or more rings?

Your post would be completely different if u weren’t so lucky (or as i like to say if Anet did hate u like they hate me.) I believe the items are not random they are bugged and bugged for some people for a reason. Because Anet is constant tinkering with the droprate’s.

It is starting to notice not only with the agony rings but also with rare and exotic stuff.

Posted by: Tenicord.9803

Tenicord.9803

One of the major draws of GW2 was that there wouldn’t be this gear requirements to do things like dungeons. I think that’s the issue.

“Our Time Is Now”
Waylon- lvl 80 Guardian
Trism – lvl 80 Engineer

Posted by: Tulisin.6945

Tulisin.6945

Waiting and buying when costs were low it was a bit over 40g for my non infused quiver. That doesn’t give you a single point of resistance by the way. Still gotta make an infusion or infuse the quiver.

My point was that to even arrive at level 20 you have to clear 19 fractal sets, which will give you at least a gold per fractal set (I usually make about 2g/set) and plenty of tokens for the infusion. If you use bones instead of fangs, the cost for the fine mats falls to <7 gold, so you should be able to afford the total cost of 19~ with the 20-40 gold you made getting to that point.

So the argument then becomes not “I can’t get any agony resistance because it is totally random” but rather “I don’t want to spend my money and/or get agony resistance with a stat combo that is suboptimal for my build”.

Posted by: Aldred.9345

Aldred.9345

Well, you still need the right items to drop. 1 vial only gets you an uninfused back item, which is +5 agony resist. You need more, or a glob, to upgrade it. Likewise with the rings – plenty of people get to 20 without having seen a single one.

I’m at 17 myself and the only ascended drop I’ve ever had is one vial, so I’m gonna have to stop at 20 and keep farming level 10 until I get my resists up. I’m quite sure there are plenty of people out there who don’t even have a vial or a ring by 20.

Posted by: Manijin.3428

Manijin.3428

you’re contradicting yourself.

I like to be in your party and play fractals with u but i can’t because u kick people who have no agony resistance. So is that my fault the Anet hates me and doen’t give me a ring? while others who have done less runs then me have 2 or more rings?

Your post would be completely different if u weren’t so lucky (or as i like to say if Anet did hate u like they hate me.) I believe the items are not random they are bugged and bugged for some people for a reason. Because Anet is constant tinkering with the droprate’s.

It is starting to notice not only with the agony rings but also with rare and exotic stuff.

Actually, he isn’t contradicting himself. Ask yourself this question: Why are you doing Fractals? If the answer is because you want the best loot in the game, then you will eventually get it. The drop rate may be low, but that’s it.

If the answer is that you enjoy running fractals, then you don’t need the gear to enjoy the awesome dungeon design. If your gear is getting in the way of you having fun, then I would argue that doing the dungeon itself is not what you find fun, but rather that you enjoy having top tier gear.

Posted by: karma.8763

karma.8763

Wrong: Jade maw applies Agony regardless. You can’t evade it. It applies it multiple times as you progress through each Phase. He was kicked at level 20 which if you have 0 Agony resist it is very doubtful you will live through Maw’s Agony hit. Even at 15 resist it packs a punch and I have to heal through it.

I have heard that Endure Pain can help get by some agony, but still….

No endure pain does not work, at level 11 my +10 resistance, makes agony hit me for 216 damage, i used EP multiple times, and i still take 216.

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

The maw can be beaten easily, if 2 ppl have enough agony resist. The problem is with some of the other bosses where agony is hard-ish to dodge.

Posted by: Rezz.8019

Rezz.8019

Each team has the right to decide what kind of people they want. If they want people with certain gear who are you to blame them for that? You could always try making your own team without any requirements.
Also, you need at least 5 agony resistance at level 20+ or agony instantly kills you (also, it can’t always be dodged). 10 is preferable so you don’t have any problems at all.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

it’s true
Fractal level is Character bound not Account which means any new character you use in the dungeon starts at level 1 but has a completely different daily bonus chest so it gives you more chances at rings.

Posted by: DancingPenguins.9875

DancingPenguins.9875

Writing is a way to gauge a person’s ability to think. You demonstrated yours poorly and probably got kicked for that very reason.

Starlink.6248

Ok finished a lv 20 now with 3 boss where u can avoid agony. But at last no ring drop…

Posted by: Denim Samurai.2379

Denim Samurai.2379

Ok finished a lv 20 now with 3 boss where u can avoid agony. But at last no ring drop…

could be worse. You could spend hours dragging a pug through 22 end up with a ring, run over buy a 225 fractal shard infusion throw it in there only to find out it isn’t and infused ring.

Posted by: Stridix.4260

Stridix.4260

Well I kinda prefer fractals over raids. I think raids are for dedicated guilds and finding 20 ppl for raids is not impossible but it is downright annoying.

Posted by: XGhoul.7426

XGhoul.7426

My point was that to even arrive at level 20 you have to clear 19 fractal sets, which will give you at least a gold per fractal set (I usually make about 2g/set) and plenty of tokens for the infusion. If you use bones instead of fangs, the cost for the fine mats falls to <7 gold, so you should be able to afford the total cost of 19~ with the 20-40 gold you made getting to that point.

So the argument then becomes not “I can’t get any agony resistance because it is totally random” but rather “I don’t want to spend my money and/or get agony resistance with a stat combo that is suboptimal for my build”.

The argument becomes kitten where’d you get that vial to make a backpack? Oh yea… RNG. (got 1 after 1800 tokens made in fractals)