Killing All Things Guild [KAT]

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: SkyChef.5432

SkyChef.5432

I’m starting a non rep guild for N/A & EU servers, Kill All Things [KAT], as a service for players who’re interested in running dungeons and kill everything in their paths all the way to bosses, a non-skipping run.
Please post your IGN here or send me a message, so I can invite you to the guild. There is no requirement at all to be accepted in the guild. Your willing to kill everything in your path is sufficient as a proof of your skill. Once in the guild, just turn on LFG tag or whisper guild members for a particular run. Make sure to check member rank to see if that particular member is on NA or EU Servers. They will have suffix NA or EU attached to rank.
You can also invite your friends whom you know sharing the same idea. Please be courteous to others. Rude member will be shown the door.
TeamSpeak channels have been created for members to use if voice comm is preferred. 1 for EU & 1 for NA.

PS: This is not a joke or a troll thread. The purpose of the guild is to provide a central place for like mind individuals to work together. Please do not whisper me for a run. I just do this as a service for the community.

Edited: Proper thanks to Laharl for the original idea & Glitch, an United Guild for EU/NA players with rank indication. And a special thank to Obal & Kumakichi who originated the Arah helping guild.

People are too serious of their knowledge.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

I think this is a good idea. There is obviously an audience for this type of gameplay. Once upon a time I would have joined this guild as well.

This game becomes much more fun when you find people that share your game style.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Yes. Yesyesyesyes.

Silas Clacher.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Posted by: AirPrinz.1584

AirPrinz.1584

This is a great idea, I usually just run through dungeons because that’s what everyone else in the group is doing, I am not against it either, but I sure would like to try clearing the dungeons sometimes.

Fiery Scarlet

SkyChef.5432

Invitations sent. I also create a teamspeak channel for those who wanted to use voice comm.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: Jacolo.9652

Jacolo.9652

Yes please, add me

Jacolo

Posted by: stone cold.8609

stone cold.8609

Great idea. I’ve never actually done this in a dungeon before. I’m not sure I’d want to do this on Arah Path 4 though…

Posted by: Mage.6045

Mage.6045

I’m in. Is this european or american server guild? I am on EU.

Kain Strongarrow

Feel free to disagree

SkyChef.5432

Kain Strongarrow

We are on N/A. And now also accept application for EU.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

SkyChef.5432

Great idea. I’ve never actually done this in a dungeon before. I’m not sure I’d want to do this on Arah Path 4 though…

Actually, Arah p4 isn’t that bad to do a full clearing house. With a proper party, it would take about 2.5 hrs. P1 & P2 are much rougher. Out of boredom, couple days ago, I was talking about doing a Arah p3 full clearing house with my friends just for the heck of it, and we really don’t know how long it would take. 2hrs maybe? Definitely longer than the 30min normal p3 run.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I used to do the kill everything back in the day, good luck!

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

Sure, count me in, SC.

Posted by: hedix.1986

hedix.1986

Kain Strongarrow

Why are these cool ideas always on American servers? This, the dungeon tutorial guild, the Arah help guild, etc etc.
I guess we europeans should get out kitteh together… xD

[QQ] – ex RoS, current Piken Square
[DV] – megaboss community

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

So folks starting up a general dungeon helper thread? That’s cool already got my BA thread in PhP

Why don’t you folks try and promote for both EU and NA ? And have separate ‘ranks’ indicating NA/EU ? If this thing gets bigger just split the region into two chapters?

This is good started Union as a helper but should’ve thought of this too. Always helper new folks with AC was stuck there for 300+hrs out of 400hrs

Why not try that and promote dungeon help for all until it gets bigger? Have some dedicated folks for both NA And EU side?

SkyChef.5432

So folks starting up a general dungeon helper thread? That’s cool already got my BA thread in PhP

Why don’t you folks try and promote for both EU and NA ? And have separate ‘ranks’ indicating NA/EU ? If this thing gets bigger just split the region into two chapters?

This is good started Union as a helper but should’ve thought of this too. Always helper new folks with AC was stuck there for 300+hrs out of 400hrs

Why not try that and promote dungeon help for all until it gets bigger? Have some dedicated folks for both NA And EU side?

Good idea. I’m changing the OP to reflect this.

Posted by: Glitch.6849

Glitch.6849

That’s awesome!

If any EU players would like to help and be part of the dungeoneers then give Sky a heads up! NA players don’t always have to be the ones the all the cool stuff.

I still pop in Gw2 time to time and look forward to seeing how this goes!

Posted by: Mage.6045

Mage.6045

Sooo should I send a mail in game or will you add me to the guild too?

Feel free to disagree

Posted by: DatZombehGuy.5986

DatZombehGuy.5986

hey can i join too?

IGN Zombeh Guy

SkyChef.5432

I will add you guys in later today.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I was like the first invitee… I’ll try to step out of my comfort zone and get something rolling in it every other night. Though I don’t know of any public TS servers to make the trickier paths any easier… and I haven’t had the chance to see the new AC after they did whatever “remodelling” they did to that one. (I’m guessing Detha was made a lot harder than was necessary?).

But I do know almost every path of every dungeon except COF, and used to carry a guild of casuals through quite a few of them… Hope to see some of you there!

Posted by: lorazcyk.8927

lorazcyk.8927

Will using cheap tricks be allowed? I mean, like balling up on a hill where you can auto attack the boss to death without the boss being able to kill you.
Will players have to fight properly?

SkyChef.5432

Will using cheap tricks be allowed? I mean, like balling up on a hill where you can auto attack the boss to death without the boss being able to kill you.
Will players have to fight properly?

Please take your gravel elsewhere. This is for guild invitation. Your post doesn’t belong here.

Edited for better intention.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

lorazcyk.8927

/me scratches head

That’s why I’m asking. I want to join so I can team up with people who like to complete content instead of skipping it.

Just as I don’t like to skip content (skipping mobs), I also don’t like to cheese through bosses, I like to fight bosses as Anet intended, just as they intended for us to kill monsters instead of skipping them.
If the guild takes the same stance on that, I’d like to join.

Not very friendly, I see. Banned me before I even joined.
Enjoy.

SkyChef.5432

I was on my way home & thought to change “you don’t belong here” to “your post doesn’t belong here”. Certainly your attitude “holier than others” through several other posts in this forum, has irritated me and might give me an idea that you are a trouble maker. If the same question was posted by other individuals, I would answer differently. However if I was mistaken, I apologize.
Anyway, as the OP describes, it’s for like minded individuals to not skipping. That’s all there is to it. I wouldn’t go further than that.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)

lorazcyk.8927

I just didn’t want to get my hopes up thinking “Yay! I found a like-minded group, it’s going to be fun!” and looking forward to doing some dungeons, but then the group “skips” the boss by stacking where the boss can’t hit us. (To me, doing this is akin to skipping mobs), so I wanted to make sure what your stance was on it before I asked for a guild invite.

But if you think I’m a troublemaker, I suppose I’m not welcome anyway. Interesting you think I consider myself better than others, my IRL health condition doesn’t allow me to consider myself better than others even if I wanted to.

But even so I’m surprised you think that, as I’ve said in other threads I’m 100% OK with other people doing speed runs (skipping) and glitching the boss if they want to get it over with and just make money. I just don’t find it fun myself.

Hope you all have fun though.

SkyChef.5432

This is a Kill-All-Things Guild, not Kill-All-Things-Exploited or Kill-All-Things-Non Exploited. Whatever they want to do in any circumstances is their choice. I have no saying whatsoever.

You have all the right to play the game you want to play. So do others. When the 2 strong opinions collide head on, either you will leave the party in the mid of the run in disgust or they will kick you. And that’s what something I don’t like to see. If you can tag along w/ the flow then find individuals sharing the same idea to run together, the guild invitation is opened for you.

As I said, I apologize for my misunderstanding.

(edited by SkyChef.5432)