Korga solo - 4:46

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Hello, I managed to meet my goal of sub-5 Korga solo

http://www.twitch.tv/purpleishawt/c/3805255

I could have done a little better with axe autoattack chains I think, but do you guys think that my choice of when to 100b / WWA was best, etc? I can’t think of any other strategies to do it faster. I tried healing surge once so that I could refill adrenaline and do an eviscarate every now and then but it didn’t seem to make much of a difference.

I wish more people would fight this boss so that I actually had some competition with times!

He’s a fun boss fight, but the adds are irritating.

Posted by: SuckZoor.9052

SuckZoor.9052

I can start trying to do him, I would be slower though cause I have never done him before so there wouldn’t be any competition after all

Purple Miku.7032

Aww that’s ok! I think you’ll find it’s a fun fight :P

I “forced” a group to fight him once (being in a group for path 1 was a rarity in itself, as I’ve pretty much only solod it for ages) and I could not stop laughing it was so awesome. For soloing make sure you get him to revive all of the corpses in the area you plan to fight him in first because one of them being alive can easily ruin the fight! After he revives it, run ooc. The adds will disappear after they lose aggression.

Posted by: Elrey.5472

Elrey.5472

Aww that’s ok! I think you’ll find it’s a fun fight :P

I “forced” a group to fight him once (being in a group for path 1 was a rarity in itself, as I’ve pretty much only solod it for ages) and I could not stop laughing it was so awesome. For soloing make sure you get him to revive all of the corpses in the area you plan to fight him in first because one of them being alive can easily ruin the fight! After he revives it, run ooc. The adds will disappear after they lose aggression.

Oh so that’s why there is so many corpses around him!… another thing that i’ve never know because of skipping tactics. Doh! GW2 interesting fights shouldn’t be skippable :\

ES Wiki Sysop. Vanquiser of the Marionette, Lover of the Aetherpath.
Aens / Ellantriel / Nao To Mori / Saelyth. Commander
Guias de Raids en espaƱol / Spanish raiding guides

Posted by: Yogi.9410

Yogi.9410

Wow, good job.

As for me whenever i tried to solo korga, he sometimes will try to charge Varra Vkylark and as result spawned elite gorilla here and there.
I already tried to resets those elites, but will always end up in the same situation.
And Varra also always respawn whenever i tried to reset the elites.
Any solution to this silly npc problem ?
Thx for your help

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

How do you dodge his fast melee hit? One random dodge a few seconds after he finishes an animation? Or do you have just uber reflexes?

Purple Miku.7032

Wow, good job.

As for me whenever i tried to solo korga, he sometimes will try to charge Varra Vkylark and as result spawned elite gorilla here and there.
I already tried to resets those elites, but will always end up in the same situation.
And Varra also always respawn whenever i tried to reset the elites.
Any solution to this silly npc problem ?
Thx for your help

Yep! I have three possible solutions to offer for this.

1) Purposely die in the area.
-If you die to Korga— be it on purpose or accident, you won’t have to worry about the NPC harassing you the next time you return. The way it works is that when you waypoint after your death at the start, she’ll waypoint with you and stand there kind of aimlessly. Once you waypoint to Pantheon (the one that appears after Lupicus is killed), she won’t travel with you and you will not see her again until you reach the next step in the dungeon (which would be the Legendary Jotun Stargazer one at the end).

2) While running around in circles with the elite gorillas and Korga, use spykit consumables + harpy feathers to force the aggression onto her. If she dies in the appropriate area and you stealth yourself long enough to go OOC, she won’t get the opportunity to revive herself.

3) Have a friend/somebody else stand in the dungeon past the point where you fight Korga and have them keep the NPC on them. This is probably the easiest solution.

Trust me, I know how much of a piece of ____ that NPC is. Anyone who’s watched my stream while I solo Arah P1 knows how much I curse Varra out for shooting any and every possible Elite risen that I run past. She’s a lot less passive than most dungeon NPCs are.

How do you dodge his fast melee hit? One random dodge a few seconds after he finishes an animation? Or do you have just uber reflexes?

Uh, I guess it’s a little of both. It’s not a random dodge, it’s timed. I predict that he’s about to punch because there is a 50% chance of him punching the ground (at least it seems as such) after a rush. I typically try to make sure I have a block up 2-3 seconds after he completes his rush and if riposte is still on cooldown, I dodge back.

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

Korga killed hmm.. Oh right its Miku.. duh.. who else

Purple Miku.7032

Korga killed hmm.. Oh right its Miku.. duh.. who else

:D

I love to play donkey kong when I solo Arah, what can I say.