LFG Abuse

LFG Abuse

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

I don’t post regularly on the forums, but this is becoming a growing problem.

I just spent 2 hours in a higher level fracs (29 is high for me), and everything was fine until we got to the last boss. As soon as we started fighting the Jade Maw.. I got kicked. And so did the other person in the party. Two people from the same guild kicked two of us at the end and filled it with their guildmates.

It really bothers me that I won’t know if anything will be done about this… or the fact that this can still go on and is still going on right now.

I hope this is legal to post the guild name… but do avoid “Esque In Finem” or (END). Their guild kicks other party members and invites their own guildmates.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

ANET officially supports this behavior, unfortunately. Many of us disagree with them, but they actively promote griefing, trolling, stealing of instances, etc etc.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: cthaeh.2168

cthaeh.2168

I just spent 2 hours in a higher level fracs (29 is high for me), and everything was fine until we got to the last boss. As soon as we started fighting the Jade Maw.. I got kicked. And so did the other person in the party. Two people from the same guild kicked two of us at the end and filled it with their guildmates.

It really bothers me that I won’t know if anything will be done about this… or the fact that this can still go on and is still going on right now.

I hope this is legal to post the guild name… but do avoid “Esque In Finem” or (END). Their guild kicks other party members and invites their own guildmates.

Report them and move on. Problem solved. You’re welcome.

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Problem solved.

Lel. If only.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Just one question.

Every time I see one of these posts, it makes me wonder how you know they invited guildmates after they kicked you?

Are you just assuming that they are because you got kicked or are you pming them and they’re telling you that or what?

LFG Abuse

Posted by: rfdarko.4639

rfdarko.4639

In the few times its happened to me, I pm everyone in the party. the person who kicked me immediately blocks me when I try to pm them. The people who weren’t in the guild message me back saying saying they were kicked/blocked as well. No one from outside the guild was left in the party to confirm who they brought in, so we didn’t know for sure. I just infer from the fact that the only people left in the instance are in the same guild, multiple people were kicked usually before a boss (not after a wipe), and they were so quick to block us without giving any explanation or really interacting much at all, that more than likely the people they are inviting are from their own guild.

guildless hobo who likes to solo – [x]

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

I think the greater likelihood would be that they want to try to sell it but if you see no LFG ads up, there is probably a high chance that they will maybe invite friends or people from their own guild yeah.

I just question why so many people state it like it’s something they know for a fact when it is not (or is it?) is all.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Melpomene.2367

Melpomene.2367

Just to clear some things up, they left one guy in there because they only invited two people from their guild. I asked him and he told me they invited two guild mates.

I’m sorry but you can’t just move on from something like this. I worked my kitten off to get to that final fractal and for something like that to happen? This happens daily to people and we don’t hear a thing about it. It makes me afraid to even attempt to pug fractals again because of what happened.

Luckily though, I talked to the guy they left in the party. He took screenshots and is emailing anet, they’ve been reported by multiple people, and hopefully their guild name gets around. It’s gotten around Lion’s Arxh and someone recognized their name and said that they’ve done it before.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Always take a screenshot of their names before you start the fractal.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Harny.6012

Harny.6012

Or just look into a message log. New messages “has left the party” have been implemented months ago, after one of devs discussed this issue somewhere on forums.
It was a “Ill see what I can do” thing.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Or just look into a message log. New messages “has left the party” have been implemented months ago, after one of devs discussed this issue somewhere on forums.
It was a “Ill see what I can do” thing.

This works 20% of the time with lfg.

Glorious Human Master Race

LFG Abuse

Posted by: pdavis.8031

pdavis.8031

ANET officially supports this behavior, unfortunately. Many of us disagree with them, but they actively promote griefing, trolling, stealing of instances, etc etc.

And pray tell how they do that? Dont they have multiple reaponses about this very thing? An that you should report? Werent they working on changing the kick system to help deter these things from happening?

Just because you dont feel they have, or are, taking action doesnt mean they arent,

“You know what the chain of command is?
It’s the chain I beat you with until you
recognize my command!”

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

And pray tell how they do that? Dont they have multiple reaponses about this very thing? An that you should report? Werent they working on changing the kick system to help deter these things from happening?

Just because you dont feel they have, or are, taking action doesnt mean they arent,

I think it’s fair to say the red posts here have seemed poor, inadequate, and even forced. I think the period for benefit of the doubt is long gone for ANet when it comes to this matter.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Balsa.3951

Balsa.3951

so 2 ppl still can kick all?

wow seems anet is ready for expansion since there base game is so great

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

They changed the dungeon owner system so the owner has no protection against this behavior.

They said (then later backtracked) that if you get kicked after using the lfg it’s on you and they can’t do anything about it.

They automate responses to requests you put in reporting griefers without reading the report.

IOW they support this kind of behavior because it promotes guilds being social and dungeon sellers being skewered.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

They “attempted” to change it while they knew full well it wouldn’t work. They posted that it couldn’t simply be fixed by changing a value and needed a lot of work. They then tried to change a single value and fix it, shortly after posting that attempted change they deleted it and acted like it never happened while they still refuse to give it the coding time it requires. It’s pretty safe to say that they don’t care enough to devote any time to it. Whether they support it or not, I’d imagine they don’t, but they surely don’t care enough to fix it.

LFG Abuse

pdavis.8031

Nevets Crimsonwing:
~snip~

They changed the owner system because everyone would be kicked if the owner DC’d, changed characters, or left the party. They stated as much. Of course you are free to think that it was some other malicous purpose.

Dungeon Instance Owner

“We’ve changed the way dungeon instances work. Currently, the instance is “owned” by the first person to enter the instance; this creates some issues when that person leaves or is kicked from the party.
To prevent the dungeon instance from closing when any one person leaves, we’ve removed the concept of a dungeon “owner.” If everyone leaves an instance, it will close, but you don’t have to worry about one person leaving your party and having to restart your dungeon! Our goal here is to make instances more user-friendly, as the hidden owner concept was often hard to understand and resulted in people losing progress randomly when someone left.”

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/september-2014-feature-pack-improvements-galore/

Do you have quotes? Because from what I remember, everything they said about it was that stealing instances was a reportable offence, and that they do look into when it happens.

I’ll go ahead and clarify since there has apparently been different information coming from different sources in the past. Customer Service is not able to support party politics unless they involve cases of targeted harassment in-game. This is because of the number of different reasons that certain party politics happen. Since CS only has access to actions that occur in-game, we are unable to verify specifics for incidents in a large number of incidents. Specifics are the most important part of these situations.

However, we do view player reports via CS tickets, and if a player can be verified as a habitual abuser of the LFG system or parties in general, we can take action against them.

What Chris said is that selling dungeons isn’t supported and if you get kicked while trying to sell it’s your own fault. However, if someone joins the group and kicks you out of a dungeon for any reason, that should be reported just in case that same player is doing the same to a lot of people, in which cause it should be banned due to community toxicity and griefing(is that a word in english?) players.

I believe that’s what he meant.

This is a good way to interpret what I said.

Edit: ^lol interoperate, thanks auto correct

And here it is…

They deleted that guy thread where he posted proof (and where the exploiter admitted) of people Abusing LFG, exploting and selling the path after. And you know what? I bet you 100 gold that I will see those 3 warriors logging on tomorrow, and the day after. I know it’s against policy to put name on the forum but there is no way to be heard otherwise.

I’ll take that 100g bet. We aren’t going to ignore reports of GM impersonation and harassment. This was a case of both, and has been dealt with. These players have been actioned, one more severely than the others.

That being said, putting that kind if information into a public post is just asking for the thread to be removed. Next time submit a CS Support Ticket please.

I hope you can understand why many of us here don’t have much faith in the system currently.

Yup. But the problem about reporting here on the forums is that it requires information to be shared in a public place that should not be. It’s against the forum rules to do so, and thus the posts have to be taken down. However, in a CS Ticket, that isn’t the case.

As with any in-game enforcement, it is not going to be visable to anyone but the player being actioned (unless in rare cases like the one above). You want to see results of your reports and feel that your reports are going into a black hole. This is hardly the case, as most harassment cases (with actual information being shared in the ticket) are reviewed by a senior GM. Since we don’t share the results of those cases with the players reporting, you aren’t going to see when when someone gets actioned.

Most players that are actioned do not repeat offend. Unfortunately, some do…and they won’t be allowed back in when caught.

I agree that the party system has a problem with player kicks, and we aren’t going to ignore that. Unfortunately as it’s been stated by other devs, this isn’t an easy fix. Please keep your reports coming in until we fix the problem.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-owner-sometimes-required/4398351/quote

recognize my command!”

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

<snip>

Lots of words, very little action.

The people he “dealt with” are walking around freely even though many videos have been shown about a certain heited character in question. Oops… did I misspell hated, ohh well…

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Dave.2536

Dave.2536

Rules aren’t very good unless they’re being enforced and enforced effectively.

Do you have quotes? Because from what I remember, everything they said about it was that stealing instances was a reportable offence, and that they do look into when it happens.

I think this is the problem. We don’t have quotes and even the most egregious offenses (see Sam’s postings here and on reddit) have received red intervention but that the offenders have since contined to do what they have been doing. We haven’t seen much of what they will and actually do, just a rehashing of official policies *with vague deflections like “it’s difficult” and not even any real desire to seek player input in the matter.

Content in this game will always seem
to be faceroll at the high levels, because it
needs to be accessible to the casuals and bads.

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

pdavis, I know their stated INTENTIONS for the party leader change, but I’m telling you what happened in EFFECT.

Also, Chris posted that BECAUSE, as I said, he was backpedalling after the team said that if you get kicked it’s basically on you.

Lastly, as Jerus posted, you have people submitting videos of people stealing instances dozens of times and those people not being banned.

Just the other day 2 people joined in my Arah P1 and kicked me out of it. They did the same to THREE OTHER ARAH P1s. All 4 of us got together, reported in game, got screen shots, reported via the forums.

I received an automated response back that didn’t address the complaint at all, and the people who kicked me are still walking around in game.

Oh, also, after they kicked me out of the instance, which I solod, they posted it on LFG under “Crimson sucks.”

No consequences.

Thus, after years of this BS behavior not being acknowledged or acted upon, I will sit here and fully argue that ANET supports this behavior until they give me reason to believe otherwise.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Shiyo.3578

Shiyo.3578

No they don’t. Why do people say such insanely wrong things?

LFG Abuse

Posted by: DonQuack.9025

DonQuack.9025

“Rules aren’t very good unless they’re being enforced and enforced effectively.”

Well I can attest to the fact that they do atleast pay attention to this thread and the forum rules. So maybe I am mistaken about ingame.

Nevets youre gonna get an infraction may want to edit that.

Concerns about HoT pre-order? Check here!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Am9gVQB8gss

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

No they don’t. Why do people say such insanely wrong things?

Yes they do, and I posted why and how.

@Don

Thanks for the warning, but I won’t edit.

LFG Abuse

pdavis.8031

pdavis, I know their stated INTENTIONS for the party leader change, but I’m telling you what happened in EFFECT.

Also, Chris posted that BECAUSE, as I said, he was backpedalling after the team said that if you get kicked it’s basically on you.

Lastly, as Jerus posted, you have people submitting videos of people stealing instances dozens of times and those people not being banned.

Just the other day 2 people joined in my Arah P1 and kicked me out of it. They did the same to THREE OTHER ARAH P1s. All 4 of us got together, reported in game, got screen shots, reported via the forums.

I received an automated response back that didn’t address the complaint at all, and the people who kicked me are still walking around in game.

Oh, also, after they kicked me out of the instance, which I solod, they posted it on LFG under “Crimson sucks.”

No consequences.

Thus, after years of this BS behavior not being acknowledged or acted upon, I will sit here and fully argue that ANET supports this behavior until they give me reason to believe otherwise.

Again. Do you have quotes that state that Anet said if you get kicked its on you?

Also were the videos posted in a CS report? Or just posted either on the forums, or reddit, or wherever?

As for you latest incident, did you send a report?

You also have to take into consideration that reports are looked at at a first come first served basis. If you have a bunch of people sending in reports all the time, it’s going to take time to investigate and action each report. You also aren’t going to recieve notification that any action has been taken. So while you may still see those players in game, how do you know that they didn’t recieve a suspension? Or a warning?. As Colin said, sometimes after players are warned they generally don’t continue to do such things.

Sometimes a perma ban isn’t always issued for every infraction. Also as far as WvW cheaters is concerned, people are banned all the time. While at large the WvW community is saying that nothing is ever done. I would think that the same applies to dungeon parties and kicking.

Send in game mail to GM Madi Walker.7520

I did that this time though last time I did so I received no reply and people kept seeing the hacker around.

I check them all, but most cheaters don’t cheat 24/7. That said I knock at least one out every day.

So based on the dev responses, I feel that one can safely assume that such reports don’t go over looked, are investigated and actioned as deemed appropriate.

recognize my command!”

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

No consequences.

Again. Do you have quotes that state that Anet said if you get kicked its on you?

Also were the videos posted in a CS report? Or just posted either on the forums, or reddit, or wherever?

As for you latest incident, did you send a report?

You also have to take into consideration that reports are looked at at a first come first served basis. If you have a bunch of people sending in reports all the time, it’s going to take time to investigate and action each report. You also aren’t going to recieve notification that any action has been taken. So while you may still see those players in game, how do you know that they didn’t recieve a suspension? Or a warning?. As Colin said, sometimes after players are warned they generally don’t continue to do such things.

Sometimes a perma ban isn’t always issued for every infraction. Also as far as WvW cheaters is concerned, people are banned all the time. While at large the WvW community is saying that nothing is ever done. I would think that the same applies to dungeon parties and kicking.

Send in game mail to GM Madi Walker.7520

I did that this time though last time I did so I received no reply and people kept seeing the hacker around.

I check them all, but most cheaters don’t cheat 24/7. That said I knock at least one out every day.

So based on the dev responses, I feel that one can safely assume that such reports don’t go over looked, are investigated and actioned as deemed appropriate.

From the thread you quoted earlier dude:

Chris said: " Listing a group on the LFG tool is opening it up to a public realm and you do so at your own risk.

Customer Service will not be able to support any interactions that involves group formation politics."

Yes, he then backtracked on it, which I said from the get-go.

Yes, videos were sent to CS. Multiple times.

Yes, in my latest instance I reported via in game and sent a report to CS.

I received an automated response that wasn’t related and logged in every day after, including after I got my response, and SAW THE OFFENDERS ONLINE ON MY FRIENDS LIST. So, maybe you’re right, maybe they only received a warning after stealing four instances and openly taunting me on the LFG.

But if that’s the case, it’s a terrible system and needs to be reformed, as people have been arguing since the game launched.

So, again, I maintain that ANET supports this behavior.

LFG Abuse

pdavis.8031

Nevets Crimsonwing:
As stated in that same quote: “Dungeon selling is not something that will be officially supported. Listing a group on the LFG tool is opening it up to a public realm and you do so at your own risk.

Customer Service will not be able to support any interactions that involves group formation politics.”

He was specifically referring to dungeon selling.
Also “group formation politics” would refer to the formation of a group. So someone joining a “zerker only, 15k AP” group while not wearing zerker gear, or having the required AP would not be grounds to report for getting kicked. CSW isn’t going to do something about that. Nor will they take action for listing a group with specific requirements. (i.e. selling a dungeon path and reporting for not recieving payments.)

Also Gaile has said several times on multiple occasions sending in multiple tickets about the same incident doesn’t speed up time. In fact it slows down the response times, as it takes longer for CS to investigate and respond each time you send in a new ticket.

It’s a VERY long leap from Anet isn’t acting as fast as you would like, to actively supporting such behavior. When they have stated VERY clearly that such actions are reportable and WILL be investigated and actioned as appropriate.

recognize my command!”

LFG Abuse

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

It’s a VERY long leap from Anet isn’t acting as fast as you would like, to actively supporting such behavior. When they have stated VERY clearly that such actions are reportable and WILL be investigated and actioned as appropriate.

Did you read what I wrote? Four people reported because there were four separate instances by the same people.

I don’t care how fast ANET acts… They responded to my ticket which means they should have investigated the incident.

The response was automated and unrelated however and no action was demonstrably taken

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It’s gotten around Lion’s Arxh and someone recognized their name and said that they’ve done it before.

All the talk and quotes of dev posts claiming this or that, but in the end, this tells us how much action is being taken.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Lorgus.6148

Lorgus.6148

And what, report them? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of anybody being banned or punished in any way, and this type of thread pops up every other day.

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

You can get offenders temp-banned but you do so at the price of your forum posting rights.

I’m proof of that :/

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

You can get offenders temp-banned but you do so at the price of your forum posting rights.

I’m proof of that :/

how do you know they got temp-banned?

LFG Abuse

Posted by: Enaretos.8079

Enaretos.8079

They didn’t show online for a good 2 weeks and came to rage on my youtube account about being temp banned.

Snow Crows member since January 2014
My Twitch