LFG Language Flags

LFG Language Flags

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: moraldino.6482

moraldino.6482

I´d like to point out that the flag for the english-speaking language in the LFG options should be a british flag, not an american.

http://www.twitch.tv/moraldino
Björnvarg 80 Warrior
Piken Square

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Seerstrange.4723

Seerstrange.4723

American made game my friend it gets preference and you never know they might be basing that symbol on majority nation who knows. Or cares.

Anet give us new skills!

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

Outrageous!

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

’MURRICA, FREEDOM, BRAVERY.

No one cares.

LFG Language Flags

moraldino.6482

American made game my friend it gets preference and you never know they might be basing that symbol on majority nation who knows. Or cares.

Thank you for responding and caring to this thread.

By your “logic”, it would be ok to have a Mexican flag for Spanish language, an Austrian flag for German, and perhaps a Brazilian flag for Portugese? Then why isnt it so already?

The point is that there are no “American” language.

It does matter, and it has nothing to do with anything like basing a symbol for the “majority nation”. Besides, the great britain is still the majority, if you paid attention to school.

I’m not an american, nor british. I just would like to see things kept correct and logical to prevent confusion. And if it do occur, then I feel its our responsibility to speak up about it.

Björnvarg 80 Warrior
Piken Square

LFG Language Flags

FenrirSlakt.3692

I’m not an american, nor british. I just would like to see things kept correct and logical to prevent confusion. And if it do occur, then I feel its our responsibility to speak up about it.

Friend, there are way more important fixes out there, and frankly, I doubt there’s anyone dull enough to fail to grasp that the American flag means English.

Whoever developed this must’ve been fully aware of it and will ‘fix’ it if they see it fit.

Finally, you have spoken up about it, so I see no further necessity to go on with this thread. It will get bumped to the top a few more times by people expressing their lack of concern about this matter and then it will die.

LFG Language Flags

moraldino.6482

Friend, there are way more important fixes out there, and frankly, I doubt there’s anyone dull enough to fail to grasp that the American flag means English.

Whoever developed this must’ve been fully aware of it and will ‘fix’ it if they see it fit.

Finally, you have spoken up about it, so I see no further necessity to go on with this thread. It will get bumped to the top a few more times by people expressing their lack of concern about this matter and then it will die.

Well, lets turn that around and say: I doubt theres any Americans out there that fail to grasp that the British flag means English. Right?

You speak as if you were some kind of a moderator/oracle over this forum and thread. Though the future of this thread is unknown, and if people wants to join this discussion then feel free to do so.

Björnvarg 80 Warrior
Piken Square

LFG Language Flags

FenrirSlakt.3692

Well, lets turn that around and say: I doubt theres any Americans out there that fail to grasp that the British flag means English. Right?

You speak as if you were some kind of a moderator/oracle over this forum and thread. Though the future of this thread is unknown, and if people wants to join this discussion then feel free to do so.

Oh, you can turn things around as much as you please, but regardless of how many times you do so, the flag won’t morph from American to British.
You want them to change this, even if it doesn’t affect gameplay in any way, shape or form. I would prefer that they focus on the more important aspects of the game, instead of petty matters no one cares about, except stuck-up kittens. Whether they decide to change it or not, that’s up to them and I could not care less.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

This really annoys me too.

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Spoj The Second.7680

Spoj The Second.7680

This annoys me simply because the american flag gives me eye cancer. Soz :P

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Conaywea.5062

Conaywea.5062

I rarely see flags…

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Cormac.3871

Cormac.3871

If you see the American flag you have to spell colour without the u in party chat.

Have you ever noticed that when people want to use a symbol for English language use it’s either the American flag or the Union Jack, but never the cross of St.George?

LFG Language Flags

Seerstrange.4723

Thank you for responding and caring to this thread.

By your “logic”, it would be ok to have a Mexican flag for Spanish language, an Austrian flag for German, and perhaps a Brazilian flag for Portugese? Then why isnt it so already?

The point is that there are no “American” language.

It does matter, and it has nothing to do with anything like basing a symbol for the “majority nation”. Besides, the great britain is still the majority, if you paid attention to school.

I honestly believe your just trying to get a reaction have fun with this thread nothing will come of it and by “Majority” I meant amount of people and of course it’s not how they account for it. Anet might of overlooked it and I’m sure they just don’t care this whole thread had nothing to do with logic if it did insults wouldn’t be a part of it. Pride can be a terrible thing.

Anet give us new skills!

LFG Language Flags

moraldino.6482

Have you ever noticed that when people want to use a symbol for English language use it’s either the American flag or the Union Jack, but never the cross of St.George?

Union Jack is a merged flag of the English cross of St.George, the Scottish cross of St.Andreas, and a white bottom cross of St.Andreas for Ireland. So i’d say it’s visible.

Björnvarg 80 Warrior
Piken Square

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Pip.2094

Pip.2094

I would rather argue why other languages can’t have their own flag as well…why can’t, let’s say, some Russian speaking people want to have a russian speaking team?

\||||||/
O°v°O

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: revy.4320

revy.4320

I would rather argue why other languages can’t have their own flag as well…why can’t, let’s say, some Russian speaking people want to have a russian speaking team?

But the sanctions?

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Grimezy.5679

Grimezy.5679

I agree, it is annoying. As a British person, I see an American flag and assume it’s something to do with American servers which I would obviously avoid joining due to potential latency issues. It’s only when I actually made a group myself that I realised it was purely to do with the language.

I personally just leave it blank now.

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: havoc.6814

havoc.6814

I´d like to point out that the flag for the English-speaking language in the LFG options should be a British flag, not an american.

Because Americans don’t speak English? Because the British made this game? Because you just hate Americans? Because you absolutely wanted to create the 17th thread on this topic?

Seriously, the English language used in game is American English. If you don’t know the difference then go learn something; if you do know the difference then you already know why you are wrong.

Furthermore, the use of the American flag to denote English is fairly prevalent these days. Nobody should be confused about it unless they have been hiding in a cave the last decade.

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

LFG Language Flags

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

LFG Language Flags

FenrirSlakt.3692

LFG Language Flags