LFG Tool is breaking my Spirit

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Erebus.9276

Erebus.9276

Hi, I’m Bob. I play a scepter/torch guardian and have been getting massive grief from everyone I party with in the lfg tool. This is my build and I can crit over 600 with my burning so I know my personal damage is fine. Yet I constantly get people yelling at me and even some death threats and its really ruining my immersion. I haven’t even been able to craft a single piece of dungeon gear because I’m constantly booted and its just so wrong and frustrating. People say these instances are not that difficult yet people treat them so seriously.. My faith says to forgive and forget but this is just so crushing. Help?

Casual Dungeon Thief

Card ~> Thief | Casual Card ~> Mesmer

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

This is my build and I can crit over 600 with my burning so I know my personal damage is fine

This is your problem. Condition damage cannot crit, and a single auto-attack from Guardian Sword in berserker gear does more damage than that anyway… when it doesn’t crit. Your build is hurting your teams and you’re joining groups who are expecting more.

If you want to keep your build, advertise in the LFG tool that you are using a substandard build and are welcome to others using substandard builds. You will find people playing that way, and you can complete the dungeons at your own pace then.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

This is my build and I can crit over 600 with my burning so I know my personal damage is fine

This is your problem. Condition damage cannot crit, and a single auto-attack from Guardian Sword in berserker gear does more damage than that anyway… when it doesn’t crit. Your build is hurting your teams and you’re joining groups who are expecting more.

If you want to keep your build, advertise in the LFG tool that you are using a substandard build and are welcome to others using substandard builds. You will find people playing that way, and you can complete the dungeons at your own pace then.

Don’t tell him how to play! You’re so rude!

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

clap clap clap.

Posted by: blessing nosferatu.3784

blessing nosferatu.3784

such a good troll.

[rT]

(edited by blessing nosferatu.3784)

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

This is a troll topic right?

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

NO he’s right. Why should he have to advertise he is running a sub standard build when our mantra is “Play how you want”. The amount of damage done is irrelevant if the dungeon is completed.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Erebus.9276

I’m pretty sure burning is effected by crits since I swapped in some cavalier gear in place my magi and my burn damage went up so I need to see some of your math on that to get a better idea of what you’re talking about. There are also really in-depth guides to pve burning so it has to be good, no? Plus dungeon bosses hit so hard how you supposed to stay alive with a one hand sword?

Casual Dungeon Thief

blessing nosferatu.3784

Watch them in the eyes and shout the battle cry :“I play how i want!”. They will flee in fear.

[rT]

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Watch them in the eyes and shout the battle cry :“I play how i want!”. They will flee in fear.

That also works on players

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Dog.1472

NO he’s right. Why should he have to advertise he is running a sub standard build when our mantra is “Play how you want”. The amount of damage done is irrelevant if the dungeon is completed.

Calling that sub standard is a compliment….

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.

Posted by: Hoyvin.3241

Hoyvin.3241

I’m not sure how you force a substandard build (whatever that even really means) on someone that doesn’t want to accept it in his party. If this isn’t a troll, if you started your own group and advertized that, you’d probably get some takers. There seem to be a lot of people on these boards saying the same thing.

I have a tendency to use “optimal” builds, because I hit harder, not form any sense of obligation to anyone else. To be fair, I run with a group of 4 others so I don’t have the issue that others have trying to pug. However, when we’re short one of us for whatever reason, we are never picky about who we take as a pickup. If you want to spam #1 on a scepter guardian, more power to you. Many people are grateful on not getting kicked. We’re confident enough in our own ability (which isn’t superhuman or anything) where any DPS you add is just extra. Not sure I’d do this on a run in Arah or a high level fractal, but for anything else, why not.

I’m not sure I understand this pathological need for the “optimal” group. Yeah, I get that you want to try to be efficient and all that, but for me, this is first and foremost a game, and once I start getting anal about “optimal” and “efficient” I’ve lost sight of that.

I just don’t get the need for some people to get kittenty when someone else isn’t playing the way they think they should. And I’m not interested in a CoF P1 speed run (I’ve been gone for 6 months that was the meta back then, not sure if it still is) where you get kicked because you took 5 seconds too long to down some mob or whatever.

blessing nosferatu.3784

He is just trolling.

[rT]

(edited by blessing nosferatu.3784)

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

I’m pretty sure burning is effected by crits since I swapped in some cavalier gear in place my magi and my burn damage went up so I need to see some of your math on that to get a better idea of what you’re talking about. There are also really in-depth guides to pve burning so it has to be good, no? Plus dungeon bosses hit so hard how you supposed to stay alive with a one hand sword?

Tell me you’re trolling.
Tell me this whole thread is a flamebait.

Please. I beg you. Tell me that.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Tell me you’re trolling.
Tell me this whole thread is a flamebait.

Please. I beg you. Tell me that.

Erebus: 100 you: non-existant.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

Imagine a CDI on this subforum.

blessing nosferatu.3784

That would be awesome .

[rT]

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Imagine it: a developer post gets closed by a moderator due to excessive trolling, off topic posts and inappropriate forum conduct.

#Win.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

It would never happen. It’s like the devil trying to enter a church. As soon as he/she accidently crosses the boundry, burning ensues.

Look at what happened to poor robert =(

RIP in peace Robert

Lilith Ajit.6173

It would never happen. It’s like the devil trying to enter a church. As soon as he/she accidently crosses the boundry, burning ensues.

Look at what happened to poor robert =(

#TrueFacts

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Well then other players don’t want to play with substandard builds that do little for the team so they have every right to boot him. They are allowed to play how they want and if they don’t want to play with people using those builds, they are entitled to that.

The amount of damage done is very relevant. It affects how long it takes to complete a dungeon and can also measure the success of the group depending on everyone else’s class and build.

Ayrilana.1396

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Critical_hit

This will be a good read. Also pay attention to the notes section at the bottom.

Posted by: Quickfoot Katana.8642

Quickfoot Katana.8642

This will be a good read. Also pay attention to the notes section at the bottom.

He is trolling.

Ayrilana.1396

He is trolling.

Wasn’t sure. You’d be surprised what people believe. After all, there’s a guy who believes being in a guild causes him to receive less karma/exp, loot drops can be stolen, other players are stealing his exp, and something else I forgot.

Edit: I remember now. It was something about WvW enemies are out to get him and purposely camp poi and vistas to prevent him from getting world completion. They also purposely zerg’d him in the map and would not respond to him when he told them he didn’t want to fight.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

The amount of damage done is very relevant. It affects how long it takes to complete a dungeon and can also measure the success of the group depending on everyone else’s class and build.

I believe the success of the group is determined by the completion of the dungeon, not by how long it took.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

(edited by Tree.3916)

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

“Hi, my name is Bob and i’m a scepter/torch guardian.”

“Hello, Bob.”

Ayrilana.1396

I believe the success of the group is determined by the end reward, not by how long it took to get there.

No. End rewards are not correlated to player/group performance. Based on my interpretation on what you said, ALL dungeons that reward 1 copper would thus equate to unsuccessful groups. WvW Season 1 gave undesirable end rewards thus all servers were unsuccessful.

Erebus.9276

That information cannot be correct. Every time my burning does damage it pops up with this little red flame symbol that looks the same as when a normal crit occurs.

Casual Dungeon Thief

Posted by: Scizzor.8137

Scizzor.8137

I crit with with conditions all the time.

Lilith Ajit.6173

Oh yeah ? I crit with emotes.

Boo yah!

[ARES]

Ayrilana.1396

That information cannot be correct. Every time my burning does damage it pops up with this little red flame symbol that looks the same as when a normal crit occurs.

Condition combat floaters will now display a splash behind the damage floater to identify the condition that dealt the damage. This feature is turned on by default. To turn it off, use the new UI option, Show Simple Condition Floaters.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-October-15-2013/first#post3026412

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Hi, I’m Bob. I play a scepter/torch guardian and have been getting massive grief from everyone I party with in the lfg tool. This is my build and I can crit over 600 with my burning so I know my personal damage is fine. Yet I constantly get people yelling at me and even some death threats and its really ruining my immersion. I haven’t even been able to craft a single piece of dungeon gear because I’m constantly booted and its just so wrong and frustrating. People say these instances are not that difficult yet people treat them so seriously.. My faith says to forgive and forget but this is just so crushing. Help?

Hi Bob, I’m Gandalf. I play a staff guardian and have been getting massive grief from everyone I party with in the lfg tool also. I can solo lupicus with my mighty staff but people keep calling me a noob and kicking me. Add me to your fellowship and we will journey up the mountains past our fiercest foes and frighten others into the wall so they will be powerless against us! We will earn great coin by offering safe travels to humble citizens through the treacherous undead wastelands of the renowned City of Arah!

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

0/10, didn’t even try.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

I fully lost it at death threats

Erebus.9276

Hi Bob, I’m Gandalf. I play a staff guardian and have been getting massive grief from everyone I party with in the lfg tool also. I can solo lupicus with my mighty staff but people keep calling me a noob and kicking me. Add me to your fellowship and we will journey up the mountains past our fiercest foes and frighten others into the wall so they will be powerless against us! We will earn great coin by offering safe travels to humble citizens through the treacherous undead wastelands of the renowned City of Arah!

Invitation sent Gandalf. With our combined might the fellowship cannot fail. All those nonbelievers shall quake in terror when we join your staff with my scepter.

FOR QUEENSDAAAALEEEE!

Casual Dungeon Thief

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

[…] when we join your staff with my scepter […]

Attachments:

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

But staff/scepter is very strong in living story.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by Dub.1273)

Dog.1472

inb4 Dub gets banned again.

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Imagine it: a developer post gets closed by a moderator due to excessive trolling, off topic posts and inappropriate forum conduct.

#Win.

In german forum, someone was kitten ed off from his 1 minute flood control and asked why it has been implemented.

I answered him that it’s due to accumulation of infraction points and will expire somewhat soon.

Bam, I got infracted for that post but didn’t get banned.

German community coordinator Ramon Domke replied to him, that it is temporarily due to accumulation of infraction points and will expire somewhen in near future.

I quote RamonDomke and told him he better removes that post, he might be infracted for it, just like I was. Bam, my post was infracted and I got banned.

You better remove that post, you might be infracted for it, i heard some dude was.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Invitation sent Gandalf. With our combined might the fellowship cannot fail. All those nonbelievers shall quake in terror when we join your staff with my scepter.

FOR QUEENSDAAAALEEEE!

and my shield!

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

deSade.9437

Terrible.

Erebus.9276

Terrible.

It obviously broke your spirit a long time ago… Sad is the day us commoners have to rise… Sad is the day our fellow man is put into the shackles of such barbarism! Fight! FIGHT and be free!

Casual Dungeon Thief

deSade.9437

I’m cringing so hard and can’t stop… someone please 10cc of elitism right into my heart. Starting to feel too much casual. PIGBOW OP!

Erebus.9276

Elitism addiction is a serious problem and you should really seek help, they even have support groups: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Looking-for-slow-dungeon-runners

Casual Dungeon Thief

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

You have got to be joking me right now. Torch is just crap and condition DO NOT crit. Burning as a base hits for good damage but Guardians have that already. If you want to go DPS your building it out incorrect and should be running GS + Sword/Focus as that is the highest DPS and best sustain (other than ele) in the game.

People treat them seriously because most of us do not like having to carry people like you through every run. If you join an experienced or zerk group and you tell them straight up I don’t know it well and ask for help maybe they would be nice to help you out. But otherwise forget it I would kick you in a heart beat if I saw you with a torch.

(edited by Titanimite.2534)

Lilith Ajit.6173

sigh Erebus… look at what you did! Everyone believes you!

[ARES]

deSade.9437

Elitism addiction is a serious problem and you should really seek help, they even have support groups: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Looking-for-slow-dungeon-runners

I’ll try to take things more slowly. Today I started with the cure: SB/LB ranger with a pig and a boar. I had lots of funsies, ressing my noob team that died in melee and overall surviving fights. Maybe I can get out of the elitism tunnel, with the help of my loyal Mortadella… oh, and Bambi of course.

Erebus.9276

sigh Erebus… look at what you did! Everyone believes you!

Hope is more powerful than fear, Casualism shall rise!

Casual Dungeon Thief

Posted by: Titanimite.2534

Titanimite.2534

Nooo their rising up we must crush the rebellion!

deSade.9437

The elitists are the rebellious minority, just sayin’.