[LOD] Ascalonian Catacombs Path Two 6:46

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Leon Mendice.3024

Leon Mendice.3024

Ascalonian Catacombs: Path Two
6 April 2015, game build 47232
Restricted time: 6 m, 46s
Legion Of Doom [LOD]
Ele 1 PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9m9MGG0tMEk (Leon Paroxysm [LOD], Leon Mendice.3024)
Ele 2 PoV: None (Is It Josh [LOD], Its Josh.2860)
Ele 3 PoV: None (Bailey The Master [LOD], BaileyHelix.1947)
Thief PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gksoH3AGGHs (Alex The Sneaky [LOD], Tomokou.2479)
Guard PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhZ-Aaj91s8&feature=youtu.be (Chazua [LOD], Chazua.1934)

(edited by Leon Mendice.3024)

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Rejected. No harpy feathers.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: ShadowRX.9024

ShadowRX.9024

Approved, good job.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Approved, good job.

ShadowRX, can you also correct our guild tag on gw2dungeons.net?
[LOD] not [LoD] (no lowercase o).

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

Do you guys told your one mate that keybinds are usefull?
Even in PvE it helps a lot,some people say.

congratulations, though nice tactic

Grimkram [sS]

(edited by dominik.9721)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

that ele PoV video music :/

but grats.

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

flower hairs UNITE

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

ShadowRX.9024

Approved, good job.

ShadowRX, can you also correct our guild tag on gw2dungeons.net?
[LOD] not [LoD] (no lowercase o).

Done , its now LOD not LoD.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

You’d think that in the time needed to get that proficient at skill clicking you’d …. I dunno … learn to use a keyboard?

Might be an Osu! player though…

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

When you find something that works why mess with it?

to improve

Posted by: Nyx.7342

Nyx.7342

Didnt goku once skill click? (if i remember right) I really enjoyed watching him skill click in solos…it was kind of ridiculous

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I believe he had a broken arm for a while. :P

maha.7902

bosses like lupicus and abom are easy enough that you can honestly just click skills without much issue. i mean if you’re killing them on warrior you’re going to mostly camp one weapon set anyway as well.

then goku moved on to ele solos where he spends half the video interacting with the interface and there’s no way in hell you are skill clicking a might stacking rotation and switching traits at the same time unless you have three hands, two mouses plugged in and are multitasking jesus.

Posted by: Leon Mendice.3024

Leon Mendice.3024

Not all that hard maha. Although you don’t really see me swap traits on ele all that much, I don’t need too… I’m sure you could scan my channel for other videos that I swap weapons and stack might a lot more.

(edited by Leon Mendice.3024)

Posted by: David.4821

David.4821

I don’t get why people are complaining about Leon skill clicking. If you feel that he isn’t being as effecient as he can be, feel free to beat their time because clearly he’s not efficient and another efficient ele should make the run faster.
Great run guys!

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

Fun facts: Froggen from league of Legends use standard line casting where as every other pro uses smart cast or that other method where you see the range indicator as long as you are holding down on a key. Anyways the guy uses an inefficient way of playing the game, is still rated as one of the best midliners in the world. There is also this other pro that uses a trackball instead of a mouse.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Not all that hard maha. Although you don’t really see me swap traits on ele all that much, I don’t need too… I’m sure you could scan my channel for other videos that I swap weapons and stack might a lot more.

Skill clicking isn’t that detrimental as long as you do it fast, but you have to admit it has its disadvantages compared to using keybinds for everything.

ShadowRX.9024

People say he can be better by using key binds. for example I used to skill click too (utility F1234 heal and elite), it was fine and I told myself I will only click skills forever cuz I find using key binds hard but after a while I decided to give key binds a try and now I can’t go back to skill clicking and I find key binds way easier. Also key binds have more advantages over skill clicking.

tl.dr : Give key binds a try and you won’t believe after some days of key binds that you skill clicked.

ShadowRX.9024

That was a friendly advice to give key binds a try and then choose wich one you like/are more comfortable with.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Generally speaking “best” is subjective. If you have no one trying to do what you did, it’s not necessarily a very big accomplishment.

On topic, nice record!

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Better than best in the world? Where’s that?

EDIT: Don’t get me wrong, I could never skill click, but telling him to do it the way you prefer it ‘cause you find it easier while you’re not better than him (at least in AC P2, obviously) is kind of counter productive.

https://youtu.be/xc6pimSD5Es

You cant tell us that this doesnt look awkward as hell. While its pretty impressive that he can skill click that well. There is definite gameplay improvements if he used some keybinds. Skill clicking has limitions. You cannot use multiple skills at the same time and swap weapons while casting etc.

PS. Records are tried and practised runs. Im not a skill clicker but i found myself skill clicking some parts of might/swiftness stacking rotations in our old TA records. And that was simply because after a certain amount of attempts every part of the dungeon became like part of a set rotation.

maha.7902

Fun facts: Froggen from league of Legends use standard line casting where as every other pro uses smart cast or that other method where you see the range indicator as long as you are holding down on a key. Anyways the guy uses an inefficient way of playing the game, is still rated as one of the best midliners in the world. There is also this other pro that uses a trackball instead of a mouse.

that doesn’t make being slower any “better”

besides, for some champions you actually want slower casting like rumble to land your ult properly

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

I don’t see anything wrong with skill clicking. Most new mmo players started like that, some even stayed.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

Comparing not using smart/fast casting to skill clicking is pretty stupid. Also, “every other pro” uses smart/fast cast is just flat out wrong.

Maybe a more appropriate comparison would be self cast vs using a skill and then clicking yourself.

(edited by Element Two.7316)

Posted by: J Eberle.9312

J Eberle.9312

I’m gonna just sit over here in my deck chair with my fancy drink with one of them cute little umbrellas in it. Don’t mind me.

Posted by: EcoRI.9273

EcoRI.9273

I’m actually drinking my blueberry juice and giggling at the moment :-D as well.

http://www.twitch.tv/eco_r_i
Wynd Cloud | Fierce N Licious

Posted by: Embrace The Bold.7619

Embrace The Bold.7619

bosses like lupicus and abom are easy enough that you can honestly just click skills without much issue. i mean if you’re killing them on warrior you’re going to mostly camp one weapon set anyway as well.

then goku moved on to ele solos where he spends half the video interacting with the interface and there’s no way in hell you are skill clicking a might stacking rotation and switching traits at the same time unless you have three hands, two mouses plugged in and are multitasking jesus.

I dunno IT IS goku we are talking about :P

The Sickest Guild NA