LOL CoF near impossible atm

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Germs.4125

Germs.4125

This is what Anet rushes to fix? A fun, quick dungeon that actually felt rewarding. I’m just baffled by Anet’s approach to dungeons, and their approach to the entire endgame in general. They are starting to feel less like a game developer and more like the fun police.

It does not help the fact that when you post a legitimate concern about something which will turn a large portion of the player base away, the fanboys immediately come rushing in to defend anything that happened. They are intentionally alienating the playerbase in a game where world events take large numbers of people and the only difference between player A and player B is the way they chose to style their armor. There is absolutely no throughput/stat advantage to the dungeon gear…..I think 24+ hours of grind time is taxing enough for a skin.

Posted by: Danmaro.7453

Danmaro.7453

overdramatization everywhere.

They nerfed your easy farm now your mad and you cry… there are other easy farm.

and yes it take hours of investment to get a full set from a dungeon its a prestige item.

If you wanna look mediocre forever with your little crafted exotique go ahead.

I will have style in my arah armor.

Atm its quite buggy well the magma part the rest work fine and isnt too hard you just cant do it with blue lvl 70 item anymore… wich make sense.

There is no over dramatization. This is a real problem. Fixing the rush aspect is fine. Bugging the dungeon half way through is not fine. Making the bomb arm time take longer, and having mobs spawn faster than they can be killed? Also not fine. They are going about this the wrong way. The fanboys need to sit on the sidelines, and maybe think with their brains for a second. Bugs and outright abuse of power like this, can not be allowed to persist. This will kill Anet’s Player base. I want this game to succeed with all my heart. However their current choices are pushing them in the exact opposite direction.

Posted by: Gargojl.8713

Gargojl.8713

Good change which was expected (and needed to prevent exploiting content made unintentionaly too easy), even discussed on these forums a while ago.

Posted by: yhack.8564

yhack.8564

Instead of destroying a dungeon that people enjoyed playing, they should change other dungeons to be more similar to CoF Magg. We need over 1000 tokens for a full set of armour, and this game is supposed to not be a grind? CoF runs was the only reasonable method I found.

Posted by: Mian.1945

Mian.1945

No offense ANet but you guys have no idea how to tune dungeons.

Danmaro.7453

Good change which was expected (and needed to prevent exploiting content made unintentionaly too easy), even discussed on these forums a while ago.

Have you run this specific path since the change in tonight’s patch? If you had run it, you would notice mobs that spawn on a timer that is impossible to meet before more mobs spawn. Bugs during the lava room. The mobs were unkillable before the patch as well. Which i do not agree with. People were kiting them, cheesing the event all together. I didn’t want to kite the mobs. But they were unkillable then as well. The difference now is, the bomb takes longer. This in turn causes more mobs to spawn. You couldn’t kill them before. Spawning more doesn’t solve the problem. It causes people to find more ways to cheese the mechanic. Such as the single-file strategy. You can honestly say to me, that you want dungeons to follow that model?

Posted by: Germs.4125

Germs.4125

Wow that didn’t take long….just 2 posts after my fanboy comment. You also have no idea how to tune dungeon difficulty vs. reward. Yes the perfect way to prevent exploiting easy content is to both buff the difficulty to the point where you need to throw bodies at a pull until it despawns and then also getting less money than your repair cost. /sarcasm Hey! How about this crazy idea! You just drop the money and exp from the dungeon completion for the one that could be completed faster than intended and leave the mob tuning alone since they now AoE for 12k.

Posted by: YXRomeo.9438

YXRomeo.9438

Hi Arenanet, it would be great if you could upload a video of your best players completing the protect-magg portion of the dungeon without graveyard running.

Thanks!

Danmaro.7453

Hi Arenanet, it would be great if you could upload a video of your best players completing the protect-magg portion of the dungeon without graveyard running.

Thanks!

Thank god, someone who has been in the dungeon, and actually knows what it’s like. sadly though, Anet will not link you anything. because it is impossible. But the fanboys seem to think it is.

Posted by: Tolgon.9842

Tolgon.9842

This might be one of the poorest design choices I’ve ever seen in any game. Did you even test before pushing these changes through or do you do everything on a whim Arenanet?

RG

Posted by: conquista.1536

conquista.1536

pretty sure that mag part is doable as long as u have people with more than 15k hp. got to 97% with a thief in the party that had 9k hp…

prob need like a guardian, and people need to die one by one and not die all at the same time for that part to work.

if you all did the speedrun and didnt try the new patched 1 that they put in today, you shouldn’t be talking at all rofl.

Posted by: Crucifer.2831

Crucifer.2831

prob need like a guardian, and people need to die one by one and not die all at the same time for that part to work.

This is the biggest issue of the patch…

“Need to” die

Building a mechanic into a dungeon that isn’t possible without suicide is ridiculous. That is by far the dumbest design of any MMO I’ve ever seen…EVER. You do not build mechanics that you say “You will not be able to do this”.

YXRomeo.9438

pretty sure that mag part is doable as long as u have people with more than 15k hp. got to 97% with a thief in the party that had 9k hp…

if you all did the speedrun and didnt try the new patched 1 that they put in today, you shouldn’t be talking at all rofl.

Hi, dying one by one is not a valid strategy.
It’s borderline ridiculous.

Posted by: Pikafan.3792

Pikafan.3792

These changes are good, and should continue. Weed out the weak, dungeons are intended to be challenges, not snoozefests doable by subpar players.

Danmaro.7453

I don’t think anyone here believes that the bomb part of that path was intended to be a kite event. But it iskittennear impossible without kiting and praying. Knowing that, Anet should be focusing on blatantly imbalanced PvE content, before player punishment.

Danmaro.7453

These changes are good, and should continue. Weed out the weak, dungeons are intended to be challenges, not snoozefests doable by subpar players.

You have not been in this dungeon. you do not understand how bad this change truly is. Please understand. I do not wish to stifle your freedom of speech. But you are doing nothing to help this thread at all. The bomb event was close to impossible before the buff. Now it is definitely impossible. And no amount of fanboy spittle with the “Well just focus the right mobs, Don’t get hit baddie!” mentality will make it possible. No one has killed these mobs before they are overwhelmed and eventually defeated. If the event was cleared while DPSing down the adds, it was done by luck, with staggered deaths, and Graveyard running. that is NOT how ANY encounter should be designed. EVER.

conquista.1536

Hi, dying one by one is not a valid strategy.
It’s borderline ridiculous.

killing them isnt a strategy, its called (not even possible) especially at the rate they spawn.

surviving in that part is crucial but its obvious u cant tank all of them for the full duration considering how it takes twice as long and it summons twice as many monsters + the damage it does.

as i said, i did it with a random pub made group and got it to 97% before magg died, everyone needs to grab a swiftness buff for that part and come back asap after dying.

its just not doable if u have 1-2+ people with 9k hp that cant tank more than 2 hits + they dont dodge or have some utility that lets them live for additional x amount of time, till 1 party member comes to keep the aggro off of magg after the person dies.

Crucifer.2831

You do realize this is not a subscription based model…to survive GW2 needs AS MANY players as possible and since Blizzard has done enough surveys in 7 years to tell us repeatedly that 99% of players are casuals and only 1% are “Hardcore” that what ANet shouldn’t be doing is pissing off the casuals they do have if they ever want to see a dime of profit.

Problem is this move straight up gives the finger to both parties the Hardcore grinders who are ok with grinding out the ridiculously long hours to get anywhere in crafting legendaries.

As well as p*ss off the casuals who can no longer farm a few runs a night to get gear for WvW.

In the end this is probably the dumbest / worst move ANET will ever make. And they did it 1 week before Pandaria. Not someone’s brightest moment.

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

It does not help the fact that when you post a legitimate concern about something which will turn a large portion of the player base away, the fanboys immediately come rushing in to defend anything that happened.

well, fanbois being fanbois. and it worked so well the last time (pic related)

Attachments:

YXRomeo.9438

If the event was cleared while DPSing down the adds, it was done by luck, with staggered deaths, and Graveyard running. that is NOT how ANY encounter should be designed. EVER.

@conquista this was what I meant. Graveyard running should not be a viable option for clearing dungeons cos it just shows poor game (dungeon) design.

conquista.1536

If the event was cleared while DPSing down the adds, it was done by luck, with staggered deaths, and Graveyard running. that is NOT how ANY encounter should be designed. EVER.

@conquista this was what I meant. Graveyard running should not be a viable option for clearing dungeons cos it just shows poor game (dungeon) design.

imo they should make it so monsters still do a relatively high damage, yet have a low hp pool, so that its actually possible to clear waves of them respawning. seriously killing them even with a full lvl 80 exotic set is practically “IMPOSSIBLE” due to the fact that they already hit like a truck and the spawn timer for that part is ridiculous.

Someone actually suggested we try killing them instead, and that turned out much worse than graveyard running and wasting x amount of silver just to hope that part gets completed.

aka hardcore people or with a premade group (no random casuals who put lfg cof explorable) will probably beat the new “buffed” cof. Casuals…. good luck with that lol.

Gargojl.8713

As I said and I repeat, a great change.

I don’t think anyone said there will be no balancing and bug fixing tho. I’m sure they will fine tune it.
On the other hand I don’t mind if the requirement to go in there is a bit more than a set of 80 greens.
I mean seriously, getting a FULL set of best (exotic) gear is one of the easiest things I ever seen in an mmo (by crafting/buying it of crafters).

And ofc can’t forget that every player is dps, tank and healer in one. I think too many people still expect someone else to heal and tank for them.

(edited by Gargojl.8713)

Posted by: Warbog The Slayer.8412

Warbog The Slayer.8412

did u you guys hired jay wilson?…no really wtf are with these changes? 7 silver for TA exp ,at least if we would have something to do after personal story and map completion ohh yea we have dungeons…but they dont give us rewards they take them…

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Love the title. “Near impossible”

Its still possible:) The supposedly 2nd highest lvl dungeon in GW2 is now worth something! yay!

Now, all the farming can stop, and players can get better at completing dungeons:)

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

conquista.1536

As I said and I repeat, a great change.

I don’t think anyone said there will be no balancing and bug fixing tho. I’m sure they will fine tune it.
On the other hand I don’t mind if the requirement to go in there is a bit more than a set of 80 greens.
I mean seriously, getting a FULL set of best (exotic) gear is one of the easiest things I ever seen in an mmo (by crafting/buying it of crafters).

the funny thing is. its still ridiculously hard to do with lvl 80 exotics.

as i mentioned casuals wont be able to do that 2nd cof run, unless they all grab lvl 80 exotics and experience the horror for themselves and find a group of people (with lvl 80 exotics) that will do the coordinated chain suicide rotation to beat that protect magg part. They just need to tune that part at least, to make it a viable run rather than spending x amount of silver just to complete that 1 part, because the only way to complete is by chain coordinated suicide runs.

i’m probably going to try it tomorrow with my guildies and see how it goes (most of them with full lvl 80 exotics as well). I just want the cof hat skin…

Posted by: Capricornus.6157

Capricornus.6157

but you know IF you are makin HARD instance , give PROPER LOOT ….

so if now for riddiculus instance at the end you gonna still get 26 silver and 15 badges its the biggest BS what i saw in my life

Posted by: Vargs.6234

Vargs.6234

Just beat this post-patch. My favorite part was after spending much time and many deaths desperately trying to persuade Magg to move forward in the lava room rather than just stand there doing nothing/run off to attack mobs, we got him to the very end with no more enemies in sight despite the absurd respawn rate. Then he decided to light speed sprint back to the beginning for no reason whatsoever. I think this caused one of my group members to have a stroke which added a whole new innovative dimension to gameplay.

It’s good to see that Arenanet holds themselves to such a quality standard and makes sure to think through and test things before pushing them out. Finishing it sure was “fun” and I’m really happy with my new collection of blue items. Only another 90+ runs until I can get my armor set! Can’t wait.

So what’s this about Borderlands 2?

(edited by Vargs.6234)

Posted by: Olgit.8629

Olgit.8629

Let’s face it…. it’s development 101 school. If too many people are getting decent equipment too fast, then they’ll end up changing it. That’s fine, I think we all expected some changes, but the real frustration part, is the changes are a little drastic and over the top.

1. Increased difficulty across the board.
2. Nerf the rewards.
3. Time doing dungeon, doubled.
4. Cost’s more due to more death’s.

Welcome to new improved CoF Magg run for level 100 players with legendary gear, that actually mitigates the some of the damage.

Twenty minute dungeon runs are fine for people with limited time. You could have adjusted the carvings cost of the equipment /monetary reward and kept the run going as was, without adding more difficulty. This would have been a more…. reasonable approach, rather than the ham fisted changes that were made today.

Crucifer.2831

This is like watching a train-wreck happen in extreme slow motion…

Posted by: lonewolf.2601

lonewolf.2601

Something you blind/mindless fanboys are not getting through your head is. This event IS impossible to clear with the intended conditions. You can not lie your way through this one. All the people complaining about the patch, knows the pain this dungeon causes. You CAN NOT kill the mobs before more mobs spawn. And if you manage to beat the event IT IS without a doubt, done with corpse running while one person holds out. That is NOT the intended design. Stop defending a terrible patch. Think about what you are accepting. If you do not stop this now, it will only get worse.

Yeah, exaclty. I fear we will be needing a Test server for players that want to test such dramatic changes like this first and maybe leave feedback instead of applying it to the real client and making so many people angry.

[SPGR] Lonewolfgr – Norn Thief – Underworld
Spartians guild - Greeks join us!

(edited by lonewolf.2601)

Posted by: Sacrilegious.8317

Sacrilegious.8317

I see a lot of people complaining about the rewards being nerfed but isn’t that the whole premise of gw2 having no “Carrot” in this game? you just run dungeons for fun! see glamorous caves and monster and crap.

I’m suprised fanboys didnt respond with “if your running dungeons and expecting for loot you bought the wrong game, this isnt wow”

Gargojl.8713

Something you blind/mindless fanboys are not getting through your head is. This event IS impossible to clear with the intended conditions. You can not lie your way through this one. All the people complaining about the patch, knows the pain this dungeon causes. You CAN NOT kill the mobs before more mobs spawn. And if you manage to beat the event IT IS without a doubt, done with corpse running while one person holds out. That is NOT the intended design. Stop defending a terrible patch. Think about what you are accepting. If you do not stop this now, it will only get worse.

Yeah, exaclty. I fear we will be needing a Test server for players that want to test such dramatic changed like this first and maybe leave feedback instead of applying it to the real client and making so many people angry.

Most of these angry people would farm their shinies as fast as possible and move on to new game when there’s nothing better to farm anymore.
So there’s no real loss.

Gargojl.8713

I mean a normal PvE gamer will just go do something else and return when better prepared or when things get balanced and bugs ironed out.
It’s realy not the end of world, there are many other dungeons to run.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I thought the whole point of GW2 was that we can run anything with practically any job? I challenge them to post a vid of them doing this dungeon with just mesmers. Trait them however you want but just use mesmers.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: lonewolf.2601

lonewolf.2601

Yeah, exaclty. I fear we will be needing a Test server for players that want to test such dramatic changed like this first and maybe leave feedback instead of applying it to the real client and making so many people angry.

Most of these angry people would farm their shinies as fast as possible and move on to new game when there’s nothing better to farm anymore.
So there’s no real loss.

Please tell me you enjoy doing CoF over and over for fun? Yes it would be awesome to be challenging but making mobs hard doesn’t make it great but a gimmick. If you want great/fun dungeons they should work on better dungeon mechanisms.

To me, even if it’s challenging the same instance with the current fights will still be boring.

[SPGR] Lonewolfgr – Norn Thief – Underworld
Spartians guild - Greeks join us!

Gargojl.8713

I thought the whole point of GW2 was that we can run anything with practically any job? I challenge them to post a vid of them doing this dungeon with just mesmers. Trait them however you want but just use mesmers.

You can have the best composition but people will still fail. So it’s realy not class specific.
CoF is now harder, peopel basicaly got kitten slaped out of easy mode. Now it’s time of adaptation and one of the easiest things to do is open forums and write threatening posts hiding behing internet anonimity.

Now it’s up to devs, revert back or let people adapt ingame. I vote for second. Much more fun.

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

True. Grinding for dungeon armors is not gonna be fun. EVER. The most fun I had was when it wasn’t as broken as it is now and it was still a chore. Now it’s just annoying. I don’t even see the point of ever doing explorable with this kind of mechanic.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Gargojl.8713

I’m sure they are looking into this and thinking how to improve. And it’s ok that people point it out, I’m just disgusted how many gamers in these threads only know how to spit anger and rage when a few pixels were denied.

Posted by: Pandemonium.6453

Pandemonium.6453

So the honor of waves dungeon remains unchanged, it still gives 26s and the same amount of exp with 20mins taken.. thats just 5mins more than CoF. I currently have 925 CoF tokens and its such a shame that I am unable to complete the CoF set since it now requires a skill with the player base of less than a few % in the game

what baffles me more is that only CM and CoF gets changed, the rest remain untouched.

Capricornus.6157

ok I have FULL EXOTIC SET … FULL exotic JEWELERY i hit end content and I CANT make last step. MAGG is impossible to make it .

My team also is FULL geared and that mobs are 2 shotting us ….

Yout can’t Kite that mobs bacsue timer is going slow . But you also CANT KILL these mobs becasue they 2 shottin entire team.

ANET plesae when you makin changes to instanse make them on test SERVER !!!

its not like it should be a challange . So how im suppose to do instance at lvl 80 with full exotic set when is IMPOSSIBLE

casuals forget about makin that instanse

Posted by: Ferris Bewler.9706

Ferris Bewler.9706

The thing is they should have tested it , tuned it, tried it on a test server, let the community know about it so it could have been done effectively. But sadly if you like PVE content for end game, lets all be completely honest here… this game is 100% not it. Go do WvWvW which is where the real fun is at. Unless they fix PVE in general.. not just COF, there will be a lot of people departing this game very quickly.. I day within the next week. Just a guess.

When you have tons and i do mean tons of bugged NPCs, over tuned or under tuned encounters, glitches, and issues with targeting and basic character control it tells me that you you didnt release a functional game. It looks beautiful but its awful for trying to be functional. That is base line stuff… and your competitors .. no names.. knock that part of the game out of the park.

Pheras Bewler Lvl 80 Ranger (JINX-BG)
Frozen Man Lvl 80 Guardian (JINX-BG)
Frozen Moo Juice Lvl 80 Warrior (JINX-BG)

Gargojl.8713

“Exotic” doesn’t realy mean that much. Since there are different stat sets on exotics and different trait paths to make you more tanky – could you please state how many toughness, vitality and armor you have when you get 2 hitted? That would say much more.
Also have you actualy checked combat chat for “2 hitted”? Or were just 5 mobs hitting you at once maybe?

Posted by: Chilsung.3710

Chilsung.3710

Not impossible, completed the dungeon earlier. However, while not impossible, its completely unbalanced.

CoF needed beefed up, and besides the fuse event its very nice now. Having to actually do the lava room is good. A bit harder instance is good. But that room is absolutely ridiculous.

The only way to complete it is a death/run back chain. You cannot kill the mobs fast enough. Its simply not possible. You can kite them, but it was balanced before where you’d become almost overwhelmed just as it reached 100%. Now, mobs spawn at the same rate but the timer is only 50% as fast. This means you become overwhelmed at around 50% and still have to deal with the other 50%.

It was a completely blind and wreckless way to buff the instance. I seriously doubt it will stick. I’d hope Anet isn’t that foolish.

??

Capricornus.6157

ok mobs hittin like a track even guardina for 6-9k DMG .

we tried now PULL THEM out from room since , you can clean them its impossible.

Our record was now 72% … again with kiting -die ing technique

its impossible to kill these mobs they spawnin to fast , we keep tryig to pull out them from room

Posted by: bodr.8195

bodr.8195

We complete 2 times after patch,
and yes – this is last 2 times for CoF

Gargojl.8713

Not impossible, completed the dungeon earlier. However, while not impossible, its completely unbalanced.

CoF needed beefed up, and besides the fuse event its very nice now. Having to actually do the lava room is good. A bit harder instance is good. But that room is absolutely ridiculous.

The only way to complete it is a death/run back chain. You cannot kill the mobs fast enough. Its simply not possible. You can kite them, but it was balanced before where you’d become almost overwhelmed just as it reached 100%. Now, mobs spawn at the same rate but the timer is only 50% as fast. This means you become overwhelmed at around 50% and still have to deal with the other 50%.

It was a completely blind and wreckless way to buff the instance. I seriously doubt it will stick. I’d hope Anet isn’t that foolish.

You sound much more reasonable, but what I’m trying to figure comparing to before patch – if a group utilised a new set of (defensive) skills and weapons just for that kiting-room event, with all the slowing, kitting, stunning, speed boosting, blocking, stealth, golems and other nifty tricks it’s possible to have the room under complete control at 100% and no one has to die.
Ress runs and getting overhelmed at 100% was perfectly timed for random party, with no initiative to adopt (or simply no skills dispoasable yet); that is true tho.

(edited by Gargojl.8713)

Capricornus.6157

what im trying to say :

1) way at cof – lost boss / minions impossible to kill becasue they healing to fast
2) road know as “magg” road impossible to make because mobs are 2 shotting you

so let me explain you something . You cant make that with random group any more .

Causal ppls can FORGET about makin any instance

Posted by: Gray.9650

Gray.9650

Causal ppls can FORGET about makin any instance

haven’t you heard? they’re not for casuals in the first place.

I’m just disgusted how many gamers in these threads only know how to spit anger and rage when a few pixels were denied.

and I’m sad that some people still don’t get the point of the debate. c’est la vie.

Capricornus.6157

ok but if you PUT SOME challange into the game righ ? give reward !! .. but now hey what .

They lowered amount of silver per run . you cant complete even run … so why i should make at all dungeons now if they are not possible to do.

Posted by: Vorfeed.8945

Vorfeed.8945

I have 1 question for this lovely morning. How many groups, after patch, have done the bomb protect without using some sort of corpse train?

That’s my question for today.

on a side note: i was not doing any speed runs really. doing the normal 25-30min runs with guildies and what not. Now, yaaaaa