Left behind already?

Left behind already?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Minos.5168

Minos.5168

It’s near impossible for me to find a group for Fractals level 4.

I almost had a group… but then someone had to leave and the group disintegrated.

I’ve also happened into overflows just as a group filled up.

This is incredibly frustrating and ridiculous, as I expected it would be. I mean, there’s no dungeon finder… and hardly anyone wants to do a lower level.

Left behind already?

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

I know it’s getting really old, but it really is the solution – find a decent guild.
Despite having toons on lv5, we did fractals from lv1 up to help out some of our guildies yesterday. I’m not saying that it’s that common, but the issue is much much less problematic if you don’t pug.

Left behind already?

Posted by: diablodropout.8670

diablodropout.8670

I think it’s a issue beyond that. even if you are playing with guildies, one person disconnects on 3 and you’re obligated to disconnect and restart. it is bad implementation because you have to do 3 fractals in a row to progress.

If you could do each one separately like a credit, then I think people would complain far less.

(I had a issue with a disconnect running level 4 today as well. we couldn’t beat the final dungeon due to the lack of DPS and someone’s gear broke completely. )

Left behind already?

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

It’s near impossible for me to find a group for Fractals level 4.

I almost had a group… but then someone had to leave and the group disintegrated.

I’ve also happened into overflows just as a group filled up.

This is incredibly frustrating and ridiculous, as I expected it would be. I mean, there’s no dungeon finder… and hardly anyone wants to do a lower level.

Think that’s bad try getting a large enough group together in Orr to free up the camps. Orr lasted a month and a half with their new vertical manifesto because technically now it’s considered older content. Try getting a group together for any dungeon other then Fractals and see what happens HA!

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Left behind already?

Posted by: zamrai.3784

zamrai.3784

I know it’s getting really old, but it really is the solution – find a decent guild.

This is actually not a solution in long term. The segregation of players will progress deeper and deeper with every week. If you haven’t been playing GW2 for lets say a week for whatever reason, or been doing anything else like leveling an alt you will have a hard time finding a group, and this chance will decrease each week.

I’m very concerned about direction this game comes into. It was advertised as an MMO revolution and with recent content I see more and more WoW patterns have come into this game.

Fractals are generally fun but only few days after it’s been released it’s getting obvious playerbase has been strongly divided if it comes to accessing game content. Hardcore guildmates are now running dungeon only with hardcore ones at lvl 10+, rest is left behind. Time will only make it worse as there is absolutely no incentive for lvl 10+ players to run lower levels. They will become lvl 20+ soon, etc.

Since fractals release I realized I won’t get any chance to go there with 5-8 of my guildmates I ran dungeons so far, enjoying their company, as they are lvl 12+ already while I am still lvl 3. That’s very sad.

Guildchat becomes more and more like this:
A: lfg fractals lvl 3
B: lfg fractals lvl 5
C: we are doing lvl 12 atm
D: lfg fractals lvl 8
E: I could do lvl 8 with you but I need to do lvl 7 first can you help me
D: No, sorry mate, I dont have so much time
F: Hi guys, I just come back to this game after some break, could we do fractals lvl 1?
All: LOL!

I was hoping GW2 is the first MMO I can like and play it for a long time. Recent changes Anet did made me doubt that.

(edited by zamrai.3784)

Left behind already?

drkn.3429

I think it’s a issue beyond that. even if you are playing with guildies, one person disconnects on 3 and you’re obligated to disconnect and restart.

Why would you?
Yes, the dc issues suck. Yes, the dced person loses out. Yes, it sucks, i know.
But why would everyone else have to lose out then, too, being already on third fractal? It’s not their fault – and asking your guildies to leave fractals because you’ve just dced is egocentric and rude, not the other way around.

Think that’s bad try getting a large enough group together in Orr to free up the camps.

The only thing keeping my guild/server from liberating Balthazar’s for shards are bugs, not the community. Just communicate – ask people in towns to join you and group up, you’d be surprised how many people will show up. Unless you’re on a purely W3 server with nearly no PvE population.

zamrai – despite having lv5 unlocked, i’ve been doing lv1-2 fractals with guildies to help them catch up; same as other of my guildies, as well. In the end, if those on higher levels don’t help those on lower levels, they will be forced to pug, and pugging for fractals is a bad idea. If you’re on lv12, it’s in your best interest to have enough guildies around the same level to do fractals with you.
Unless you’re really comfortable with pugging and were lucky enough to never run into a terrible pug.

More so, you get only 1 more fractal shard per map on lv10+, Agony hits in and it’s generally not that more profitable or cool to pursue the higher levels, ignoring your guildies. Yes, it gives a sense of personal progression – for the character – but pretty much that’s it.

Left behind already?

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

This is actually not a solution in long term. The segregation of players will progress deeper and deeper with every week. If you haven’t been playing GW2 for lets say a week for whatever reason, or been doing anything else like leveling an alt you will have a hard time finding a group, and this chance will decrease each week.

I’m very concerned about direction this game comes into. It was advertised as an MMO revolution and with recent content I see more and more WoW patterns have come into this game.

Fractals are generally fun but only few days after it’s been released it’s getting obvious playerbase has been strongly divided if it comes to accessing game content. Hardcore guildmates are now running dungeon only with hardcore ones at lvl 10+, rest is left behind. Time will only make it worse as there is absolutely no incentive for lvl 10+ players to run lower levels. They will become lvl 20+ soon, etc.

Since fractals release I realized I won’t get any chance to go there with 5-8 of my guildmates I ran dungeons so far, enjoying their company, as they are lvl 12+ already while I am still lvl 3. That’s very sad.

Guildchat becomes more and more like this:
A: lfg fractals lvl 3
B: lfg fractals lvl 5
C: we are doing lvl 12 atm
D: lfg fractals lvl 8
E: I could do lvl 8 with you but I need to do lvl 7 first can you help me
D: No, sorry mate, I dont have so much time
F: Hi guys, I just come back to this game after some break, could we do fractals lvl 1?
All: LOL!

I was hoping GW2 is the first MMO I can like and play it for a long time. Recent changes Anet did made me doubt that.

I thought that each week the Lv resets and you go back to 1?

Left behind already?

drkn.3429

No resets, dev-confirmed.

Left behind already?

Posted by: Mark.3450

Mark.3450

It’s actually an issue with all dungeons. Have you tried to do CM/AC? They’re completely dead, there’s next to no-one doing them. There’s no incentive to do these dungeons when you’ve got all the tokens for the gear. There needs to be an alternative use for tokens so people have a reason to do these dungeons.

Left behind already?

Posted by: ThePainTrain.8190

ThePainTrain.8190

No resets, dev-confirmed.

Not that this issue effects me because I have friends who I play this game with and only ever have to find 1 or 2 pug players so it’s not a issue finding players.
This might be a good idea though to reset the lv every week or every two weeks?

Left behind already?

drkn.3429

AC is actually the best source of gold and offers the cheap pow/tough/vit gear, which is a staple of every balanced (aka decent) build out there (balanced out by jewelry specific to your needs).
I agree that no one does CM, but it’s because (1) it doesn’t offer either p/t/v nor berserker gear and (2) it’s harder for pugs than other dungeons. Still fun in guild groups, though, but yeah, not really worth it.

I don’t think that resetting is a good idea. I don’t think that the game should be designed around people not willing to form up in guilds and/or groups of friends; the game’s design shouldn’t promote being non-communicative egocentic brat. Not needing a guild to do open PvE, sPvP or W3 is really a great thing, but some content has to require conscious grouping in MMOs, leading to either pugging through it or finding/forging a guild to play through it together.
I find pugging very bad and i only pug 1-2 more people to my guild group if no one in the guild is interested in doing that specific thing (and i’ve achieved Dungeon Master some time ago, through only guild runs). If i weren’t in my current, well-established and dungeon-interested guild, i would just look for one and keep looking until i’ve found one suiting my needs and expectations – be it running AC with me, helping me out with low level Fractals or being talkative on /g.

Left behind already?

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

I have seen no difference in dungeon activity since fractal came. Tbh I think more players are playing dungeons now since the loot changed.
Also I think the leveling system is a really good solution, all players can do fractal in his/her own tempo, If this player like to grind and level fast in fractal who can blame him/her if this is how they like to play. Other hard core players will most likely still play lower level with guildis because this player enjoy spending time with his/her friends.
You can always switch char and start all over on lvl 1 also when playing the lower levels.

I also believe that sooner or later players will hit a wall for how far they can progress in fractal and probably find it more rewarding playing lower levels.

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80

Left behind already?

Posted by: Jaga.2084

Jaga.2084

I’d like to play the dungeon too, but I can’t find a group for level 1. It seems nobody is doing that anymore. No guild, no game. This thing isn’t casual friendly at all.

Left behind already?

Posted by: displacedTitan.6897

displacedTitan.6897

I swear some of you dont read map chat. People are looking for level 1 ALL THE TIME in Sea of Sorrows. Yes right now the people who are rushing ahead are at the high levels but the vast majority of the playerbase is still at the first few. Once you get to 10+ you can get the rings which is all you should be there for anyway. Not like having a huge fractal number gets you anything other than kitten.

Left behind already?

drkn.3429

Find a casual or casual-friendly guild, then – problem solved. It’s called Guild Wars and is an MMO, and not single-player, for a reason.