in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

Hello? Anet? It’s been forever.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Fluffy.1932

Fluffy.1932

Well technically it has been significantly less than forever.

Fluffy Fuz
The Edge of Oblivion [EDGE]

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Practically too.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Legendary Armor

Posted by: HolyPenor.8639

HolyPenor.8639

It really is sad how long it takes Anet to push content. Saying that they aren’t a sub based MMO or that the raid team is small is not an excuse, it’s entirely their fault.
They chose this payment model and the fact that they don’t have enough employees is just ridiculous.
It literally takes them 4 months to release 2 bosses… Meanwhile, WoW just released a new raid with 11 encounters 3 months after their first legion raid (which had 7 bosses).

Legendary Armor

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It really is sad how long it takes Anet to push content. Saying that they aren’t a sub based MMO or that the raid team is small is not an excuse, it’s entirely their fault.
They chose this payment model and the fact that they don’t have enough employees is just ridiculous.
It literally takes them 4 months to release 2 bosses… Meanwhile, WoW just released a new raid with 11 encounters 3 months after their first legion raid (which had 7 bosses).

And yet here you are, on the GW2 forums instead of the WoW forums. So clearly, ANet is doing something right with GW2.

No company is perfect. And yes, even though I don’t have any plans to get leg armor myself, I am still getting a bit annoyed at ANet for taking so long to release it after it was promised to us. I can only hope that its coming along with something else big to the gear system in this game though (hopefully changing runes/sigils or at the very least adding some way to swap those on leg gear for free after acquiring the sigil/rune in the first place).

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

It’s partly delayed because it requires the next round of raids to patch into the game. That was my understanding anyway.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: cranos.5913

cranos.5913

It’s partly delayed because it requires the next round of raids to patch into the game. That was my understanding anyway.

If anything is getting delayed it’s the actual raid because of legendary armor. They are horrendously slow at creating armors for some reason.

Legendary Armor

Astralporing.1957

If anything is getting delayed it’s the actual raid because of legendary armor. They are horrendously slow at creating armors for some reason.

That has been explained. With each armor they not only need to make sure there’s as little clipping/misjoins as possible. They also need to make sure there’s no clipping/misjoins on every combination between each new armor piece and every already existing one within the same weight category.

Which, of course, means that each next armor takes them longer to make than the previous one.

I assume, that, with legendary having animated pieces, it’s even harder.

And that’s only technical problems. There might be an additional slowdown if they decided to, for example, make a second legendary set for a different content (which, frankly, they should have done at the very beginning).

Actions, not words.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

That has been explained. With each armor they not only need to make sure there’s as little clipping/misjoins as possible. They also need to make sure there’s no clipping/misjoins on every combination between each new armor piece and every already existing one within the same weight category.

Which, of course, means that each next armor takes them longer to make than the previous one.

And that’s only technical problems. There might be an additional slowdown if they decided to, for example, make a second legendary set for a different content (which, frankly, they should have done at the very beginning).

the devs are insane for taking on such a task. thats a lot of work.

im bad at sarcasm

Legendary Armor

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

What’s the point of releasing the Legendary Armor without the content that will award it?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Chris McSwag.4683

Chris McSwag.4683

This. It wouldn’t surprise me if the next raid is ready to ship, but is held back because they said the precursor would be released with it.

[eS] Ethereal Synergy
DPS Benchmarks, Raids, Low-mans etc.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

The raid will likely loosely tie into the background of the main story. If we aren’t up to that point yet, then it will cause unnecessary spoilers. I suspect that would be a more likely reason as to why the raid wing isn’t out yet (assuming it is actually finished ofc)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

It is players like you that make Anet think they can do whatever they want because they will feed you a bunch of excuses and you’ll believe it instantly.

I can’t believe you’re trying to justify them taking over a year to create armor (yes it was promised with hot on October 23rd,2015 and it is still on the website) by saying they need to fix clipping? How insanely gullible are you?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: HolyPenor.8639

HolyPenor.8639

The fact that it was explained does not make it justifiable. 7~9 months to make ONE armor set, just think about how ridiculous that sounds.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

The raid will likely loosely tie into the background of the main story. If we aren’t up to that point yet, then it will cause unnecessary spoilers. I suspect that would be a more likely reason as to why the raid wing isn’t out yet (assuming it is actually finished ofc)

I expect an off-connection at the very most. I am agreeing with the folks here that they are likely trying to tie up Legendary Armor and the new Raid together in a nice package.

I did not expect the Lunar Festival to come so quickly however, my anticipated dates for when Arenanet makes patches are sort of in a confusion now.

Maybe they need 3 more weeks rather than next week to release the next Living Story. We are probably going to get another fractal too with that release.

If they time a Living Story, Fractal, Raid Wing, Legendary Armor AND a Legendary Weapon which they seem to do on a per LS basis in a single patch, that’s pretty big.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

Astralporing.1957

The fact that it was explained does not make it justifiable. 7~9 months to make ONE armor set, just think about how ridiculous that sounds.

I never said that was justifiable. At the very least it speaks about a very poor design approach. They changed the armor system from the one in GW1 specifically so they would be able to make armor sets easier. That it ended anything but what they wanted is a massive failure. That they haven’t reworked that system completely even after they realized it’s going to be a big problem is also not a good sign. You cannot duct-tape one of your game’s primary pillars (which is visuals) and keep hoping nothing’s gonna break. That’s not a good long-term strategy.

On the other hand, at this moment legendary armor is not only meant for only a small subset of players, but is also one of the main contention points about the raids, generating a lot of negativity, so perhaps the delay is not that big of a problem for now.

Actions, not words.

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Legendary Armor

Posted by: boolah.1325

boolah.1325

yup.. it’s pathetic how long this has been. “Everyone” will have at least one set ready by the time they release it. Raids have certainly become stale and theres nowhere near as much LFG as in the past.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have just given up on it

Legendary Armor

OriOri.8724

yup.. it’s pathetic how long this has been. “Everyone” will have at least one set ready by the time they release it. Raids have certainly become stale and theres nowhere near as much LFG as in the past.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they have just given up on it

Is this any different from the new legendaries though? Some people had Eureka and Shooshadoo within 30 minutes of that patch going live because they had the mats ready. I don’t think this is necessarily a problem, especially considering that a lot of people expected leg armor a year ago

Legendary Armor

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

I think it is possible that anet is overhauling the rune/sigil system so that legendary stat swapping can be more useful. Then again, they have only shown us 1/3 of the sets, and only on one race, so maybe it really is just the art team having trouble.

An mmo developer that considers it too difficult to release new armor into the game is a strange thing. They must have really done a bad job when first designing their systems, as they clearly do not have easy expandability.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Vargamonth.2047

Vargamonth.2047

They could have given us some relevant info at least, if they’re planning to tweak the rune system or anything like that, the costs of crafting a second precursor set, …
I don’t think I’m the only one who delayed some character gearing because of this armor, and it’s definitely taking too long.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

they will not release the armor without the next wing and the next wing ahsnt released because the light/medium arent done yet. Now this is speculating but WHAT IF THE MODEL IS THE SAME FOR ALL RACES BUT WHEN IN COMBAT IT CHANGES TO FIT EACH RACE? that could be a good enough reason for it to be taking so long.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Hot Boy.7138

Hot Boy.7138

I love this game, but I have to agree with OP. It’s a valid complaint that it is taking entirely way too long to even see a preview of the light and medium sets. This was a major selling point for the expansion. The announced the expansion in january 2015. It launched in November 2015. And here we are in 2017 without even a preview of what we have been working toward. I’d be happy with just a preview to be honest.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Most will agree that it’s long overdue. It seems that anet has extremely inefficient methods to create content. No other company (exception: Japanese) take so long to create even small stuff. Nearly 1.5 years to create Legendary Armor wtf? I won’t start with the super slow release of new content…

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Legendary Armor

zealex.9410

Most will agree that it’s long overdue. It seems that anet has extremely inefficient methods to create content. No other company (exception: Japanese) take so long to create even small stuff. Nearly 1.5 years to create Legendary Armor wtf? I won’t start with the super slow release of new content…

anet has a really slow pace when it comes to armor sets not content in general dont mix the two the last couple of months have been great for everyone other than raiders and im sure as soon as the legendary armors are out of the way new raids will take far less time to be released

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

I wouldn’t mind if the next series of Raids had a different reward than more Legendary Armor. We can place Legendary Armor acquisition in a different area (*Cough*WvW*Cough*).

I think it’s extremely good that there’s already unique skins behind Raids only, such as White Mantle Weaponry. Not every raid needs to have a Legendary tied to it until we have Legendary items in general available in multiple areas. Skins should remain unique to content, as to preserve the horizontal progression this game is working on.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: boo.3582

boo.3582

I’m guessing that it’s taking forever because they are afraid that when they do release it alot of raiders will just stop raiding because they have their armor and don’t really care about the rest.

They should have given a preview of other classes by now and at least a recipe to make the precursors for other tiers.

“We remain hard at work, and release is still some months off.

We know you’ll have a lot more questions about legendary armor, but we’ll save those for closer to launch. For now, enjoy this sneak peek, and we’ll keep you updated as work progresses on the other sets." Paul, Oct 20, 2016

It’s been some months off.. how about an update please?

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

I’m guessing that it’s taking forever because they are afraid that when they do release it alot of raiders will just stop raiding because they have their armor and don’t really care about the rest.

They should have given a preview of other classes by now and at least a recipe to make the precursors for other tiers.

We know you’ll have a lot more questions about legendary armor, but we’ll save those for closer to launch. For now, enjoy this sneak peek, and we’ll keep you updated as work progresses on the other sets." Paul, Oct 20, 2016

As a raider, I believe Forsaken Thicket won’t be so easily left behind, partially because I can do it weekly for shards to purchase the Ghostly Infusion which at this point is highly sought out and provides an alternative to doing Fractals. Plus I’ve still not gotten all the unique skins from there.

…Plus we just like doing the raid, it’s engaging. I return back to normal Heart of Thorns and I do remember back in the day those maps were rather difficult, now I feel extremely competent so much that they feel a bit weak now.

I really, really do think we are due for a Preview of something though, let’s hope for this coming Tuesday with some form of announcement.

My prediction? February 7th is when a really major patch hits.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: boo.3582

boo.3582

As a raider, I believe Forsaken Thicket won’t be so easily left behind, partially because I can do it weekly for shards to purchase the Ghostly Infusion which at this point is highly sought out and provides an alternative to doing Fractals. Plus I’ve still not gotten all the unique skins from there.

…Plus we just like doing the raid, it’s engaging. I return back to normal Heart of Thorns and I do remember back in the day those maps were rather difficult, now I feel extremely competent so much that they feel a bit weak now.

I really, really do think we are due for a Preview of something though, let’s hope for this coming Tuesday with some form of announcement.

I’m also a raider but unlike you, have multiple infusions and alot of the skins (all of which that I want). Something new to work to would be a plus in my eyes..

I still think it’s getting stale.. been a while for a new release and I’m pretty sure they openly stated that making the raids aren’t a huge drain on resourses and are completed fairly quickly. So.. now the legendary armor is holding up new raids from coming out? Seems pretty lame to me… When did wing 3 come out?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: abaddon.3290

abaddon.3290

I’m also a raider but unlike you, have multiple infusions and alot of the skins (all of which that I want). Something new to work to would be a plus in my eyes..

I still think it’s getting stale.. been a while for a new release and I’m pretty sure they openly stated that making the raids aren’t a huge drain on resourses and are completed fairly quickly. So.. now the legendary armor is holding up new raids from coming out? Seems pretty lame to me… When did wing 3 come out?

the main thing is people are preparing cause of all the info released early that anyone who wanted them will have them instantly. besides heavy looks like garbage imo.

im bad at sarcasm

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

Just to be clear, I am not saying we can live without another raid wing for a while, we still need content.

Personally, the more raids they add the more time we as raiders will spend getting our clears for the week in. I can always sell the infusions from Forsaken Thicket in the TP for a lot of gold which is a great source of income.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

zealex.9410

iirc having ppl pay you 30 dolars er 2 months is good for business and it help with the production of content also first gw2 raid had 9 boss like encounters and the second raid will have 4 not 2 while first legion raid had 7 bosses and the next one had 3

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

This. Has been a problem from day one, and it’s staggering that they don’t seem to realize that it’s a problem. There’s some serious dysfunction in the way they operate.

Legendary Armor

Einlanzer.1627

Well this is clearly a structural problem they need to solve, and actually serves as a perfect example of how inefficient they are at creating new content. It’s not an excuse.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Legendary Armor

Astralporing.1957

Well this is clearly a structural problem they need to solve, and actually serves as a perfect example of how inefficient they are at creating new content. It’s not an excuse.

Yes, it’s not. It’s merely an explanation.
They are slow, because their design for armor system is flawed. They should have reworked it long ago. Especially since with each new armor introduced, any rework will end up requiring more and more effort.

Actions, not words.

Legendary Armor

Einlanzer.1627

Yes, it’s not. It’s merely an explanation.
They are slow, because their design for armor system is flawed. They should have reworked it long ago. Especially since with each new armor introduced, any rework will end up requiring more and more effort.

They should have done it when they released the wardrobe, which would have allowed them to handle town clothes more properly.

Legendary Armor

maddoctor.2738

I’d rather ask here instead of making a new thread because it’s about the legendary armor:
Anyone else thinks that Legendary armor is going to be like an expensive Outfit?
And what I mean with that is, if each piece is created with animations that work when you enter combat, it will be really hard to combine an animated piece with a non-animated piece, reducing any kind of skin variety.

Legendary Armor

OriOri.8724

I’d rather ask here instead of making a new thread because it’s about the legendary armor:
Anyone else thinks that Legendary armor is going to be like an expensive Outfit?
And what I mean with that is, if each piece is created with animations that work when you enter combat, it will be really hard to combine an animated piece with a non-animated piece, reducing any kind of skin variety.

Not necessarily, it remains to be seen with medium and light armor what the animations will look like. But certainly some of the smaller pieces like the helmet, shoulders, gloves and boots could fairly easily mesh with most other armor skins.

I have to address this misconception. Armor != content. It never has and never will. Just because ANet is slow at making new armors does not mean they are slow at making new content. One does not cause the other. Whether you think they are also slow at making new content or not is a personal opinion, but being slow at making new armor does not in any way mean they are also slow at making new content.

Legendary Armor

Einlanzer.1627

Not necessarily, it remains to be seen with medium and light armor what the animations will look like. But certainly some of the smaller pieces like the helmet, shoulders, gloves and boots could fairly easily mesh with most other armor skins.

I have to address this misconception. Armor != content. It never has and never will. Just because ANet is slow at making new armors does not mean they are slow at making new content. One does not cause the other. Whether you think they are also slow at making new content or not is a personal opinion, but being slow at making new armor does not in any way mean they are also slow at making new content.

Sorry, but I disagree. You don’t get to dictate what content means for other people, and I say armor skins are content. Of course different teams are responsible for different types of content. Nobody thinks otherwise, and it’s largely beside the point.

Regardless, they are slow at both, as well as with balance iteration. There’s clearly a management/structural problem in the company. LW season 3 is the first time we’ve hit anything resembling a reasonable pace for content releases.

(edited by Einlanzer.1627)

Legendary Armor

OriOri.8724

Content is something that you can play. You can’t “play” armor sets. They are almost universally released with content that allows you to obtain them, but the sets themselves are not, and never will be, content in and of themselves.

Legendary Armor

Einlanzer.1627

Content is something that you can play. You can’t “play” armor sets. They are almost universally released with content that allows you to obtain them, but the sets themselves are not, and never will be, content in and of themselves.

I mean it’s fine that you make up your own definitions for words, but I’m not sure why you seem to think you have the authority to dictate them to other people.

Content – “the things that are held or included in something”.

It would seem to me this includes armor skins and all kinds of other things. Now, can we quit this silly semantic exercise and get back to real substantive conversation?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

This is understandable. Since wow was mentioned here….it has so many clipping glitches with its armors i can’t even count over the years.
Dwarves are notorious for their swords clipping in a ground for example. And they aren’t releasing new armor sets that often either. Yes they just now released Nighthold with new tier sets but all of those are just reskins of already existing armors in a game. Dungeon sets, pvp, lower raiding, higher raiding they all share mostly the same model with different texture.
WoW obviously suffers the same issues in this regard, although Blizz doesn’t seem to care to fix them as much as Anet, since most of those glitches never get fixed unless there is big uproar on US forum.

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

I mean it’s fine that you make up your own definitions for words, but I’m not sure why you seem to think you have the authority to dictate them to other people.

It would seem to me this includes armor skins and all kinds of other things. Now, can we quit this silly semantic exercise and get back to real substantive conversation?

I am almost certain the discussion about what dictates Content could take a few dozen pages, but let’s not bog down this thread with it.

How about this, I am almost certain they are waiting for both the final Raid Wing and Legendary Armor to be done together so they can merge them. For raiders here, although Legendary Armor is an excellent driver behind raiding would it have been a better idea if A-Net had released the Raid Wing with say the Precursor Armor available but you couldn’t craft the Legendary Armor as they disabled a key component UNTIL the Legendary Armor was actually finished?

Aka, give us the Raid Wing early and release the Armor a bit later?

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

cranos.5913

I am almost certain the discussion about what dictates Content could take a few dozen pages, but let’s not bog down this thread with it.

How about this, I am almost certain they are waiting for both the final Raid Wing and Legendary Armor to be done together so they can merge them. For raiders here, although Legendary Armor is an excellent driver behind raiding would it have been a better idea if A-Net had released the Raid Wing with say the Precursor Armor available but you couldn’t craft the Legendary Armor as they disabled a key component UNTIL the Legendary Armor was actually finished?

Aka, give us the Raid Wing early and release the Armor a bit later?

Ofc, give us the new raid asap.

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

inb4 what the medium legendary armor is gonna look like (and why it takes so long)
not for the weak of mind

Legendary Armor

cranos.5913

inb4 what the medium legendary armor is gonna look like (and why it takes so long)
not for the weak of mind

Where’s the trenchcoat tho?

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

not for the weak of mind

Where’s the trenchcoat tho?

every baby on the back wears one, you can’t see it from this side, though

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

The announcement by Mike O which concludes that Legendary Armor might make it by Living Story 5 has me very distressed honestly.

Now I definitely want the raid wing to come out before the Armor is ready, have one of the gift requirements disabled.

K thanks.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

maddoctor.2738

Now I definitely want the raid wing to come out before the Armor is ready, have one of the gift requirements disabled.

That’s assuming the precursor is ready. Maybe they haven’t finished the precursor either and they will create it after they are finished with the Legendary.

Legendary Armor

Sykper.6583

That’s assuming the precursor is ready. Maybe they haven’t finished the precursor either and they will create it after they are finished with the Legendary.

That’s my fear, but at the same time I am willing to gamble the Precursors are ready. We had the Legendary Heavy Armor revealed a while ago, which presumes the precursor was all squared away.

I am making an educated guess that the tech behind making the Legendary Armor ‘animate’ is taking a lot of time. I also have a theory about how the Precursor armor is just the “Legendary Armor in stowed form” 100% of the time. But all this is speculation, I just find it hard to believe that if they haven’t finished the precursors by now, and they speculate by LS5 which would be a few more months from this coming Living Story, they would still be at two precursors and two armors to finish. That seems like a lot for M O to stake a gamble on LS5 for.

Suicidal Warrior.
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Legendary Armor

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Sooooooo since their quarterly updates are more like every 5 months…….. Christmas in July might see legendary armour. It obvious they don’t have the resources of other AAA mmo companies eg blizzard.