Legendary Fractal Backpiece

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Let’s all speculate on the grind of this sweet sweet shiny.

FOTM100, maxed FOTM mastery..

And what else? Maybe there’s a new FOTM weapon skin collection achievo with a reward you need for crafting the backpiece or the precursor itself.

Other than that? No idea. Probably a few 1000g worth mats for a gold sink..

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/the-brand-new-fractals-of-the-mists-legendary-backpacks-ascended-salvaging-and-more/

Attachments:

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

who cares? it’s ugly

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

It’s like a pair of wings made from all of the tears you cried from watching someone else get a fractal tonic on their first try.

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

who cares? it’s ugly

My bet is on that screenshot being the precursor.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

who cares? it’s ugly

All the wings on this game besides those dwayna ones make me cringe, really badly too. That includes the spinal backpieces and this one.

OT: I’m guessing level 100 is probably gonna be required, yeah.

Posted by: dominik.9721

dominik.9721

thank god it’s ugly af and I don’t have to grind fracs lol

Grimkram [sS]

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

Can’t wait to suffer in fractals to farm for this.

Posted by: Zaron.1987

Zaron.1987

its big as the wings its also extreme shining and now equip eternity for woooooosh effect and ofc new beacon fire shining legy armor → hardmode confirmed!

cause you/your group see nothing at screen

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

Probably a gift of fortune, a metric kittenload of fractal relics and pristine relics along with level 100 personal reward level, and something crafted with a few hundred lodestones.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

As others have said, if that is the legendary from fracs then Im glad I wont go for it. They showed another wing backpack that may be from Spvp that looks way better.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

I’m just hoping we don’t have too much time-gated prerequisites attached to it.

Posted by: Oxidia.8103

Oxidia.8103

It will be made of sweat and tears. More tears then sweat tho.

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

It’s something to strive for I guess… but I wouldn’t waste any gold on it because its pretty fugly.

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’d look great on my revenant if it were kittening smaller. It’s so huge and overpowering my fractal weapons and my poor asian baby are gonna disappear – crushed by that monster of a backpack. I wanna see my character, sometimes.

I don’t think it’ll require fracs 100, ironically. Keep in mind this is gw2; not everyone will be able to grind to the top… It’ll probably be some very forgiving fractal level, coupled with the maxed fractal mastery and so many mats it’ll make legendary weapons look cheap.
Oh, and timegated stuff. Something that drops in fractals and that is refined into something else with a 1-day timegate. Cus gotta love timegating.

Boxes that drop boxes with boxes in it dropping junk with a chance to get a box…
/falls asleep

Posted by: doddbox.8153

doddbox.8153

Doesn’t look promising, fractal textures in general look pretty bad and the wanna-be wing style blows pretty hard. Stop making phat back skins pls

very special guild tag [tX]

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

They should have made a back-piece that looked more like a cape than anything else…

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

It should use the current (maxed out and infused) fractal back as a precursor. Would make sense.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

It should use the current (maxed out and infused) fractal back as a precursor. Would make sense.

4 of these because there’s 4 cubes in the backpiece ( ?° ?? ?°)

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Soon we will all look a rainbow lightbulbs with wings. kitten yeah

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I think it looks alright. Might be a bit too big. But cant really tell for sure from that one picture. Ill be getting it anyway. If i dont like it ill just reskin it. The stat swap is good enough to justify getting it (hopefully it will have previously unavailable stats for backpieces).

Posted by: Quiznos.4296

Quiznos.4296

I hope you don’t need to hit lvl 100 fractal… I was looking at the maths. Looks like you’ll need all the normal plus 5 infusions (for 70 AR), AND 3 plus 25 infusions to total 145 AR needed for the minimum 1% health loss per tick @100

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Fractal masteries will probably have something that helps with agony.

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

I hope you don’t need to hit lvl 100 fractal… I was looking at the maths. Looks like you’ll need all the normal plus 5 infusions (for 70 AR), AND 3 plus 25 infusions to total 145 AR needed for the minimum 1% health loss per tick @100

there will be a mastery to reduce that so we don’t know what will be the “standard” max

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Quiznos.4296

there will be a mastery to reduce that so we don’t know what will be the “standard” max

Let’s hope so! 753k gold in reagents alone? Pretty sure everyone would pass on that noise. Even if, imo, the back piece is cool as anything. Not sure if I could let go of my mawdrey though

Posted by: Gaaroth.2567

Gaaroth.2567

Let’s hope so! 753k gold in reagents alone? Pretty sure everyone would pass on that noise. Even if, imo, the back piece is cool as anything. Not sure if I could let go of my mawdrey though

let it goo…LET IT GOOOOOOO
(i actually spread my best backpacks like mawdrey/fractal between characters based on where they look cooler..like mawdrey is totally a necro backpack, fractal is guardian/engineer to me, etc etc)

Tempest & Druid
Wat r u, casul?

Posted by: perry.9645

perry.9645

I hope we wont be able to just outgear agony and actualy have to avoid the boss attacks.

Quiznos.4296

I hope we wont be able to just outgear agony and actualy have to avoid the boss attacks.

I hope so too. I was simply evaluating the current curve.
I mean, mastery aside, I think people could do with 3 plus14 infusions (and the usual 70) and they’ll lose 48% per tick. Not all people, but some/enough.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Quaggan’s deep thought:
Quaggan could roleplay as a Mursaat if quaggan is a tad slimmer.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: stambogalizi.8356

stambogalizi.8356

>avoid attacks

Anet laughs in the distance

As we all know, dodging is an exploit, so in the new fractals, agony will always tick , even when you’re not in combat. We hope this will incentivise players to drop some of the dps gear and stack up some nomad’s pieces

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

You mean like avoiding the unavoidable 2-3 stacks of agony before mai trin? Orrr the 1-2 stacks while fighting? I’m eager to practice dodging that, because I’ve been failing at it up to this point.
godiftheyreintroducedagonyasitwasbeforefractured /sob