Legendary Imbued Shaman random reset

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: DoomDevil.4807

DoomDevil.4807

Hello,

I was just duoing fractals with a friend and we came across this piece of sh… I mean Legendary Imbued Shaman. And hell, it was frustrating. It’s hard, yes, which wasn’t frustrating me, but sometimes when you’re killing the lava elementals in the arena, he just resets and we don’t know why! This needs to be fixed! He shouldn’t be able to reset if you are still alive in the arena.

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

He didn’t reset. He healed. Read over the mechanics at gw2dungeons.net

Or you were somehow coordinated enough to immobilize/chill him in the bubble phase while at the same time uncoordinated enough to spend 10 years fighting the elementals, to the point you somehow all got OOC with him and he reset. Odds heavily in favor of the aforementioned scenario, and not this one.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Zui I actually remember a time where he healed to full hp at the second bubble phase before. Not sure to reproduce it, but it was when I was duoing him and was like last year.

My very best guess was because we ran really far out of range of him and because he was still chilled for like 20 seconds slowly approaching a villager, he may have lost line of sight and just reset as a result.

It could have been what happened to OP but I’m guessing not.

Editing also to note that while I remember having him targeted the whole time (you know, cause otherwise you don’t take shield stacks off), I was not paying attention to whether or not the full heal happened instantaneously or if his health bar was just gradually refilling like mobs normally do when they reset, because I was busy kiting elementals.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

Wow, thanks for the additional info Miku. The number and character of obscure GW2 bugs never ceases to amaze.

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

Yeah, he sometimes heals from one of the villagers completely randomly and it actually happens quite often tbh.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

Well, it might not be a bug. I mean, it’s pretty natural for mobs to reset if you go too far away.

On the topic of imbued shaman the main two bugs I’d really like to be fixed would be the bull____ burning floor randomly applying even while you’re moving, and this weird occurence where he sometimes during a bubble phase will do that swooping animation to catch a villager that’s on the complete opposite end of the area. I have seen this happen only a handful of times but somebody posted a thread with it happening on vid, and I was actually duoing him with abe like 2 months ago and it happened to us on stream twice lol.

Edit again: SPEAKING OF THE DEVIL ^

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I suppose this boss is impossible to solo at high level?

Since I saw some amazing things on youtube, and I still never seen people able to solo him.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Eh I’ve seen a weird issue a few times with him where he stopped to go back to his original spawn point and healed up to full while we were attacking him. Never did figure out what was causing this.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

This boss seems to have a short leash range. If you run completely to one end of the area, you will get out of combat easily and he starts to reset.

@laokoko: Sandy did a solo at level 30. According to him, there is way too much pressure at 40+.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

Something I do know about the imbued shaman resetting is perhaps to do with what miku said at the start. The shaman changes his spawnpoint to the last villager he has eaten, meaning the place where he expands his lure range from changes too. this sometimes makes him capable of resetting when you’re still in the arena of he’s put his spawnpoint at one of the extremes of the arena.

Soloing this encounter is I think much more difficult than people think, simply because it’s not just the bubble which is a problem, but the constant firestorms which have no animation take nothing but experience to predict will constantly pressure you and keep your hp low.

I’m still planning on doing a solo of it on 40 or preferably 50, I think I can do it, but it’s going to be a pain.

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide