Level 80 Elitest need to go!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

So the reason why I left World of Warcraft was because of the max content and how the players restricted your rights to play end-game content by setting up these redundant boundries of “You need tons of experience, you have terrible armor, you don’t login enough…” ect. This caused newer or slower players to not beable to play end-game at all and have to go through long periods of boring moments finding guilds who accept them for raiding or PUGs that actually work.
I come across Guild Wars 2 and see that the game is made where everyone is able to participate and levels scale and stats scale depending on where you are. Just one problem. These end-game elitest are now poisoning this game with “Only 80s allowed” In a AC group. Do they not realize everyones levels scale back down to 30 and stats are averaged out depending on your final stat count? Being a level 80 doesn’t mean your debunked stat amount will be higher. It will be the max amount of stats a level 30 can have at that level which is pretty easy to accomplish for a level 30.
The reason why they added a dungeon at level 30 is because that is when all skill slots are unlocked. Even if the level 30 doesn’t have the elite skill unlocked, it won’t make a difference.
Guild Wars 2 needs to add a report abuse option for people who do this kind of stuff and ruin peoples chances of playing content that was meant for 30s and so on, not level 80s only.

Posted by: foofad.5162

foofad.5162

Quit whining. Not everyone does that, and if they do, find a group that doesn’t. They don’t need to add a cry button because some antisocial kittens are being mean and only let cool kids play with them.

I’m an 80 and I’ve never cared what level my group was in AC exploration. As long as they follow along and listen, I don’t even care if they’re first timers.

Eilir Eirasdottir, Guardian, Tarnished Coast
Painbow.6059: Ignore what anyone else who doesn’t agree with me has said because its wrong.

Posted by: hedition.7261

hedition.7261

We can’t stop elitist in the real world, we can’t stop it in the game world.

You can help by running with dungeon newbies, teach them the ropes and tell them to in turn help other newbies in future. Good gestures are always pleasant to remember.

Posted by: SiNoS.2147

SiNoS.2147

Just to point out a 80’s stats will be higher and there traits will be filled. A level 35 guard in all rare gear will not even be close to being able to do what i can as a level 80 in full exotics with a fine tuned trait build. That being said i actually ask 80’s who join my party to just leave if they complain because i dont have all 80’s in my ac run’s. Heck i’ve taken 30’s threw ac exp path 3 before.

Posted by: Lightrayne.7829

Lightrayne.7829

I do AC runs with my friends’ lower level alts all the time, and our runs still go smooth. While I agree that it’s very elitist of people to only take 80s for lower level dungeons, they have the right to make whatever kind of group they want: by class, by setup, etc.

In my opinion, it’s their own fault if they ever have the nerve to complain why they can’t get a group for dungeons sometimes or why sometimes the quality of PuGs are low. They’re specifically restricting the pool of players that can run with them instead of being helpful and training new generations of dungeon runners to foster a better pool of players.

Posted by: Absolution.2851

Absolution.2851

I’m sorry but it’s completely your choice if you decide to join one of those groups, be prepared to get the backlash.

However for me, I’m a level 80 that took time to level (Yea, because its REALLY hard), and I also learned the instance prior to entering the instance. I am running a dungeon because I don’t have time to waste teaching people a path that takes 30min and extending it to 2 hours. I want a run with people that know what they’re doing, have the best possible abilities and maximum trait points, and I don’t even care if they’re wearing blues. So long as they’re 80, they are already infinitely better than a level 30 or 35 that may know what they’re doing, but still get one shot or two shot because they failed to dodge an attack.

Then, my team has to waste time rezzing, instead of using that time to contribute more DPS on a target. And the run goes slower. Like I said, I don’t have enough hours in the day to stay in a group for 1 path to take 2 hours when I need to do all 3 paths.

Once again, just my opinion, but if people want to run with only 80s, then thats their choice. Theres no need for an “Report Abuse” function. The game can be played by those who play it however they want. If you want a “Report Abuse” function, then I should be able to “Report Abuse” to people that yell at me because I don’t explain something to them. It’s not my job to teach you how to run a dungeon. There’s plenty of text guides and even youtube videos that teach you the nuances of a fight. I don’t need to babysit you through the dungeon when I barely have time to log onto the game.

Just my two cents.

Posted by: Lyuben.2613

Lyuben.2613

For me, in the majority of cases, level 80s are better players.

But in reality, I find that achievement score is a good indicator of experience, as it can show if you have a main or not.

If I see some level 35 thief, with 263 achievement points… I might not let you in.

Vibor Bauman- Level 80 Engineer- Gandara

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

It’s not about 80s being better players, it’s about the traits and dmg. A full lvl80 party can clear an AC explorable path in 20-25 mins. A full exotic 80 will do about twice the dmg of a 35 from the same class, if both of them are playing equally, chances are they are not most of the time. I have a lvl40 warrior too and I don’t kid myself about my dps in AC, it’s ridiculously low compared to my main. When I want to farm tokens I too join or form these “elitist” pugs, grown up ppl with limited time tend to optimize these activities. Just the other day we “accidently” made a guild group where we only had low lvl chars, despite everyone knowing what to do it still took a very long time to complete the path, during the first spider encounter I thought I will fall asleep it took so long.

It’s called “endgame” for a reason, judging by the healthpool of the bosses I honestly doubt they are properly tuned for low lvl players, the rewards are lvl80 rewards after all. Try to complete TA explorable (path1+2+3) with a lvl55 party now that they “fixed” things, that’s a challenge that’s beyond Arah, especially if you don’t try to make the boss encounters easier with questionable methods.

Also learning how to be efficient in an explorable dungeon takes a lot more than watching 3 youtube videos about the boss fights, you have to learn the map layout and also how to skip mobs and where is the doable etc. (you may not like skipping, but that’s how almost EVERYONE does dungeons)

(edited by Sina.9208)

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

This has nothing to do with elitest, it’s all about the simple fact that those dungeons are easier if you go there with a group of lvl 80 chars instead of a group with lvl 35 chars. If you are 35 you lack a lot of trait points, you probably can’t use most of your skills yet and your stats are lower due to your equip.

If you want to do a dungeon below 80 that’s fine, just add your level to your LFG/LFM spam and there won’t be any bad surprises.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Nope, we’re staying.

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

Sorry but people setting the lvl80 restriction are likely aiming for a 15-20 min clear time so they can do other things and have probably done the dungeon a gazillion times and don’t necessarily want to spend time to ‘teach’ people.

If they spent their time learning the dungeon and having already suffered 1-3 hour runs, they have a right to not have to put up frustrations as such, especially when the armor fee for lvl 80 is significantly higher than that at lvl 35. Why should they have work harder to carry you when they get no additional rewards?

How about forming a party of lvl 35-only and try it out yourself? Try teaching yourselves how to dodge Lt. Kohler or scavengers. Try killing the burrows forming your own strategy on the spot. Approach the dungeon as a first-timer as a true first-timer. Only then will you truely appreciate the difficulty of the dungeon and actually have ‘fun’ doing so. And if you don’t feel free to add to the ‘dungeons are too hard/boring’ threads.

You may think aiming farm efficiency is dumb but when you need to run the dungeon 20+ times for gear, having 15-20 min runs instead of 1-2 hour runs becomes a massive difference. Who are you to judge how people value their time.

My advice: aim to play with like-minded players, you will always have more fun that way. As such, personally I find running with others who also value their Anet points (achievement points) to be more pleasant.

P.S. With a full lvl 80 team you are pretty much guaranteed to beat AC under 45 mins just through the stat difference alone. For higher level dungeons, it becomes tedious to teach people just by typing things out thus people resort to exploits/cheesy tactics like graveyard zerging CoF path 2 (in my experience CoF suicide pugs are generally also the least pleasant people of the GW2 community and of both high-ego yet terrible skill level). Really though, it shouldn’t even BE possible to succeed in explorables with PuGs.

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

Nope, we’re staying.

yep .. we are going nowhere

Posted by: Mr Girly Man.6893

Mr Girly Man.6893

Lol, I’m not taking the OP in my group. I hate joining groups if I don’t know what I’m doing or if other people don’t know what their doing. I don’t know why someone would want to be the person that slows everyone down because their stats, their abilities, and their experiences are inferior. Yes, I have done runs with low levels and yes, I have had good speeds with them; however, on the whole, they are not as good as all 80’s group. It’s like people complaining about stereotyping. Why would they exist if there wasn’t at least some truth in them?

I have no idea why you would want to be THAT player that everyone is wishing they had never taken.

Signed,
An Elitist Pig

Posted by: Auruan.2837

Auruan.2837

Elitists pop up in any online game. Just based on a few lousy experiences with them, does not make all of them jerks by default. These elitists are generally people who simply think their way is fastest or most effective, and thus they can no longer be bothered to attempt to adjust to people who view it differently.
It happens. It’s sour if you’re the one opposing them for whatever reason.

But why would you report them as if having an opinion is a crime? So, you say you are free to do AC explorable as early as 35. What if they suddenly screamed at you and told you they’d report you to be banned for such “ridiculous” thoughts? Sour, isn’t it, being banned over a mere opinion…

I personally see no use in level or profession discrimination, as I try and do the best I can before I start to harass others about their armour values, skills and so on. May make me count as an Elitist on my own; I just don’t boot others if they’re not the same, though I’d rather ask “gee mate, you died 9 times in a row even though you dodged, may need to update your gear a tad, eh” than mute my way past them.

Adding a banhammer for people who just aren’t as patient and seek their own kind of people to dungeon with – all level 80, all good gear, all fast and familiar with the dungeons – is just not the way to go.

Just try and be specific in your “LFG” messages. It may take longer to find a group when you are not 80, but if it spares you having to deal with Elitist folks you don’t appreciate… may as well.

(edited by Auruan.2837)

Posted by: zencow.3651

zencow.3651

In my opinion, it’s their own fault if they ever have the nerve to complain why they can’t get a group for dungeons sometimes or why sometimes the quality of PuGs are low. They’re specifically restricting the pool of players that can run with them instead of being helpful and training new generations of dungeon runners to foster a better pool of players.

It’s actually due to how easy they made regular PvE. Especially the step-up from the mindless cursed shore farming to arah explorable. Some players I swear learn nothing from their lvl 80 adventures, probably partially due to most people crafting their later levels from 60-80.

The step-up in difficulty from casual pve to dungeons is just too large. You can teach somehow how to tactically approach things e.g. charge dead-eyes and dodge killshot and focus them first, focus illusionists first and dodge the chaos storm etc. What you can’t do is teach somehow how to play their class/switch weapons/dodge i.e. play the game for them. You may offer utility skill advices on how to survive against Giganticus Lupicus but it is still up to succeed. You can’t make them a better player either especially those who are too lazy to swap weapons to maximise damage output etc.

‘Elitists’ of MY kind generally seek to recruit able, independent, self-sufficient decent players who took time to train themselves as the elitists themselves likely did. (though some elitist are baddies but generally dungeon runs with elitists, for better or worse are short enough that any unpleasantness is equally short.)

Quasi-elitist dungeoneer and missing Gw1 GvGs greatly.
“GW2’s PvE is almost as bad as the PvP.”

(edited by zencow.3651)

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Don’t worry, There will always be elitists around in any game because that’s just human nature as well as how people have been conditioned by other MMO’s like WoW…. to be selfish. Granted some might have valid reasons behind it but most simply don’t.

Whenever I do PuG I always request people of lower level or who never done the dungeon before as priority because I’m sick of the elitists and want to show not everyone is like that. I enjoy helping. So far I had zero issues getting through dungeons with a couple of un-experienced PuG’s along. Even an entire PuG, I’ve had no issues.

You will find that there are far more elitests and QQ’ers on the forums than there are good folk simply because they are too busy enjoying the game and can’t be bothered with all the complaints and bad attitudes in general (Not everyone here mind just MANY).

I can guarantee plenty of people do not like this attitude (At least not in my guild). Just need to find the right people and add them to your friends list and block any who do have a bad attitude.

Best of luck

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Sorry bro, we’re here to stay.

Posted by: SharkBall.5829

SharkBall.5829

Just one problem. These end-game elitest are now poisoning this game with “Only 80s allowed” In a AC group. Do they not realize everyones levels scale back down to 30 and stats are averaged out depending on your final stat count? Being a level 80 doesn’t mean your debunked stat amount will be higher. It will be the max amount of stats a level 30 can have at that level which is pretty easy to accomplish for a level 30.

So, 3 things:
1. With the downleveling (say to L35 for ACEM), a L60 wearing L50 gear has worse stats than a L50 with L50 gear… this is a great reason to require L80s because people don’t re-gear every level while levelling. (i.e. a L80 is much more likely to have gear matching their level than someone from L35-79)

2. If you want to level a character, join the group with one of your L80s and then tell the party that you are going to swap to your different class alt. Nearly every party I’ve been in (and I do a lot of dungeons) is cool with that… I guess because they can see I have at least one L80 already.

3. In the time it took you to write your post, you could have levelled a character to 80 and then you could be elitist too.

Posted by: Zefiris.8297

Zefiris.8297

Underleveled people are fine in dungeons, and most people that demand 80s are bads themselves. I know, because I’ve seen a lot of them (as I only run dungeons on my 80). Quite a number really are bad.

That’s why they only want 80s. It’s to compensate for their lack of ability. The stat difference is there, but it’s far smaller than people think. A lv80 guardian and a lv50 guardian have nearly identical survivability, for example.

The only time when a group reasonably wants experienced 80s only is for speedruns. These will be advertized as such, and in these, you have no place.

But a normal dungeon run won’t kick you for being lower level, nor should they. The only times kicks happen in these is when the group leader is terribad and wants to compensate with group members. Why? Well, experience most people won’t bring to begin with, and the stat difference is too small to matter for these runs. Reasonable groups of this kind will take you.

TL, DR:
If you’re tryng to get into a speedrun lowlevel, go away and level up.
If you’re trying to get into a normal group that doesn’t ask for 80 only, and they kick you, then they are the awful ones.

The step-up in difficulty from casual pve to dungeons is just too large

No, it’s really not, unless you only play with the Zerg. If you solo veterans and champions at least sometimes, which you should if you are actually playing the game as opposed to letting the Zerg play the game for you, the difficulty jump isn’t really high at all.

Everything is out in the open world to teach people. The problem is that some people run from anything that is even remotely difficult or doesn’t instantly give them rewards. Arenanet can’t do anything there. If people don’t want to learn, nothing can make them learn.

Posted by: Dogblaster.6713

Dogblaster.6713

You know why I demand 80s in my explorable groups? Because I expect them to have more experience and also that they already have some decent gear.

Compare this for a moment okey?

Level 35-70 with random gear, usually full glass canon, random traits, dont care about his stats (thats usually every 35lvl)

VS

Level 80 with full build, balanced build stats and know all his skills.

I always go for level 80 and If I invite lower level its usually my friends alt or guildie.

Downlevled means that your actual stats get downleveld but Its still matters what stats you primary go. So between warrior 35 and 80, one full glass canon, one balanced is still kitten big difference even when downleveled to 35.

Call elitism what you want, but when I am creating my group. I can invite whoever I WANT because I AM the one who is creating the party.
If you are so angry about that, just form your own group.

(edited by Dogblaster.6713)

Posted by: nachtnebel.9168

nachtnebel.9168

TL, DR:
If you’re tryng to get into a speedrun lowlevel, go away and level up.
If you’re trying to get into a normal group that doesn’t ask for 80 only, and they kick you, then they are the awful ones.

I’d like to add:
If you are searching for a dungeon group while not 80, add your level to your request.

Salix Babylonica (Necro), Tharnath (Guardian), N Faculty (Mesmer),
Occam Pi (Ele), Acaena Elongata (Warrior), Finja Salversdotir (Ranger),
Bytestream (Engineer), Vim Whitespace (Thief)

Posted by: Psybunny.8906

Psybunny.8906

Totally not gonna take any more 80s in my lower level dungeon runs.
I actually prefer lower lvls and people who haven’t done runs before, since they seem to cooperate a bit more and don’t try to “speedrun” everything. And it’s a good practice for lower lvls to learn the game and mechanics in a safe environment.
Decent lvl 80s are unfortunately so so rare and usually a lot of them mess up due to their overly confident and elitist nature. Of course you can get lucky and get decent players, but those runs usually end up in silence and a little to none communication.

Where’s the fun in that?

If you’re on Gandara or somewhere else and just want reliable runs, then feel free to whisper me ingame. Leveling my alt with dungeons purely atm (from 35 to 58 by now).

Oh Snapalope.1378

Get to 80, join a good (keyword) dungeon guild. Let them teach you how to gear and play your role properly. At this point you probably realized everything you’ve been doing is completely wrong, and think you are just dumb when you made this post. Now go learn how to dodge and you can be a dungeon elitist too! Get to it!

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Totally not gonna take any more 80s in my lower level dungeon runs.
I actually prefer lower lvls and people who haven’t done runs before, since they seem to cooperate a bit more and don’t try to “speedrun” everything. And it’s a good practice for lower lvls to learn the game and mechanics in a safe environment.
Decent lvl 80s are unfortunately so so rare and usually a lot of them mess up due to their overly confident and elitist nature. Of course you can get lucky and get decent players, but those runs usually end up in silence and a little to none communication.

Where’s the fun in that?

If you’re on Gandara or somewhere else and just want reliable runs, then feel free to whisper me ingame. Leveling my alt with dungeons purely atm (from 35 to 58 by now).

Nice to read messages like this, I completely agree and wish there were more people who had this view of things. Al though I wouldn’t necessarily exclude a level 80 either. Anyone is welcome as far as I’m concerned though I do try to prioritise low levels and newcomers first. Simply because it’s more fun and because it’s harder for them to find groups.

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: ArcTheFallen.7682

ArcTheFallen.7682

So I don’t mind either side (elitist or pug) and I will join whatever kind of party—BUT I hate groups that do not communicate what so ever—which tends to be the elitist group most of all. “Oh yeah, let’s skip everything and wait for people who do not know how to do the dungeon to catch up—oh no wait, we are just gonna start it anyways and make whoever cares in the party to have to carry them through while we fail at this next party without the whole team.” I don’t mind carrying people, but seriously, play as a team or go home—you are wasting my time more than pugs. Like seriously, I get more replies and “tys” in the open world than in dungeons.

[VZ] Sky Avalon – Guardian (Main)
Master of all Professions
sPvP Rank Dragon – 8 Champ Titles – Ruby Division

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

Elitism will always exist… all this game does, and really all it can do, is lessen the gap between the “geared” and “non-geared” and removed the barriers so that the entry fee is simply “tall enough to ride”.

Yeah it’s a bummer that folks want 80s and all these requirements… but not all dungeon runners care. What can I say, people are lame sometimes.

Oh Snapalope.1378

Honestly just add in a gear check option. When I’m not running with my small guild team, which is an extremely good team by the way, I pugm runs. I don’t mind non 80s, but I do mind if you are under geared, wearing magic find, or just won’t listen. I had enough experiences with people, mostly non 80s, that just won’t listen no matter how nice I am and rage at me back. If Ya I’m pretty sure my dungeon master title means something right?

The more people like this I play with, which I’m encountering more and more, the less I’m reluctant to play with non 80s. It’s like back in GW1 HA, I refuse to take anybody that is not ranked because I rather not risk it even though I know there are good people that are not ranked.

(edited by Oh Snapalope.1378)

Posted by: Angelic.1365

Angelic.1365

In the future when you’re level 80 with decent gear you will realize that an AC run can take as little as 18 minutes with the right people. If we have 4 good people ready to go at the end of the night with 1 pug spot, we typically will look for another 80 to help it go quickly. However, if we are just going in to have fun or have time to burn, we pick up the lowest level we can find and help them out. This is also one of the best reasons to join a guild, because most likely you will find people who want to help you out for no reward or reason. Don’t let the snobs take away from your enjoyment. This game is stocked full of amazing individuals.
Our guild is always open and always running dungeons (in Darkhaven). TempusNox.com

(edited by Angelic.1365)

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

I don’t think it’s elitist if you limit the number of lowbies you carry with you to one or two. Any more than that and you’re very much endangering your chances of success.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Oh Snapalope.1378

In the future when you’re level 80 with decent gear you will realize that an AC run can take as little as 18 minutes with the right people. If we have 4 good people ready to go at the end of the night with 1 pug spot, we typically will look for another 80 to help it go quickly. However, if we are just going in to have fun or have time to burn, we pick up the lowest level we can find and help them out. This is also one of the best reasons to join a guild, because most likely you will find people who want to help you out for no reward or reason. Don’t let the snobs take away from your enjoyment. This game is stocked full of amazing individuals.
Our guild is always open and always running dungeons (in Darkhaven). TempusNox.com

I would say less than 15 if you are really good. When I run with my guild, we deliberately waste time just so that we don’t get DR since we are clearing too fast. Also you brought out my next point, which is joining a good dungeon guild and go in with the right attitude.

Posted by: Ainianu.5693

Ainianu.5693

Even if i am using one of my level 80 characters i tend to avoid the groups calling for level 80 only, as one other poster mentioned, those players are often quite bad themselves and even if they are good, their elitist attitude would likely spoil my fun.

Whenever i have run dungeons with my low level ranger or thief (45 ish on both atm) i am often reviving the level 80 guys who cant seem to dodge because they think their gear will shield or something.
Edit: just to note i dont actually mind reviving level 80 peoples in group just because they are not the best players, aslong as they are fun and we get the dungeon done its all good

(edited by Ainianu.5693)

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

You know OP, you could just make some friends, or join a guild. Problem solved.

Posted by: Sarie.1630

Sarie.1630

There’s no right or wrong response really. There is a place for everyone in the game. I do think that it’s fair to say that these so-called “Elitests” are quite ferocious in their attempts to get the “perfect” group together that they draw a lot of unwanted attention their way. You only needed to see map chat after Halloween Act 3 begun. I just solo’d that instance since ArenaNet weren’t letting in groups, when I got out I assumed they’d fixed it, one guy was spamming for “L80 Full Exotics”, “Link gear in whisper” bla bla bla. My, did he get trolled in chat.

Directed at the OP now… you could start your own group? I mean… “LFP CoF Explorable -anyone welcome-”. I reckon you’d get plenty of requests, then learn the instance together. Alternatively you can watch a video of a run, memorise it, then just claim you’ve done it before. Who is to know, really?

One of the most annoying things in Dungeons for me are these players who assume everyone can run past mobs and not die. All of a sudden, usually mid-fight, one guy runs off… 3 seconds later he dains to say “run”…Minimum 3 people die. I learnt quite fast that people do this in Twilight Arbor and often state at the beginning my desire that people give adequate warning before they run off. Never been a fan of skipping mobs personally, it inevitably ends up in disaster most of the time.

The most important thing to remember is this. Level and Gear mean nothing at the end of the day. If I had one Gold for every time I’ve seen a L80 player in Full Exotics talking himself up before a dungeon, then died 30+ times inside I’d have a Commander book for all my alts by now.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

well i must play a different game…
I was here posting how difficult dungeon were for a lot….
I was oneshot by anything in almost any dungeon….

One day farming my dear friend jormag claw and his home….i finally got the money to buy some of the armored scale i needed so badly :/ (no way to drop them even if i tried).

So i went to craft my runeless exotic coat, pants and helm >.> then i was invited to the same group i played dungeons.

Suddenly i could TANK (took some time to notice)…….i survived even when the whole team was wiped away :| enough to let them come back in the fight…..

In PvE also i was suddenly immortal ._.

From then i could run any dungeon with any party quite easily….(i also completed my armor set noticing even more difference)

As i said at least SOME classes (ele 10/10/10/20/20) benefit hugely from equipment….

So despite i don t have problem in playing with 2-3 pugs in dungeons i really cannot read people that says equipment doesn t matter, levels doesn t matter traits doesn t matter…

Its simply not true.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Bruno Sardine.2907

Bruno Sardine.2907

It’s all relative… what did you have before crafting/acquiring exotics? Personally, I was in greens before I really dove into dungeons. At first I was in berserker greens, then I went into knight greens… that was a big help especially when I was learning encounters. Exotics gave me a little more wiggle room, but nothing that drastically made me that much more powerful.

Traits matter…. more for the passive effects rather than the +stats.

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Yesterday while sitting in Lion’s Arch watching chat I saw:

“LFM, MK (mad king runs), Level 80’s only!”

…just shook my head. Is this really what Anet intended with the way they have damage scaling set up? People aren’t dumb, they can see with their own eyes that a level 80 with an Exotic weapon does like 2-3x the DPS of a level 10. It’s even more obvious in WvW. It really doesn’t fit their big “There is no End-Game to rush towards!” Mantra

Posted by: Nonlinear.9823

Nonlinear.9823

Well, seeing as how there is nothing in this game that is worth being elitist over except maybe a legendary, I’m going to go ahead and assume that the OP is just a combination of selfish and lazy. I’ve seen it a million times in other MMOs, OP is whining because everyone in Guild Wars 2 is there to serve the OP and carry the OP through content. Dungeons are not about the party and what’s best for the party and getting through the dungeon efficiently, no no no. Dungeons are about carrying the OPs ill-equipped characters with half baked specs to badge glory.

I waited until 80 before doing my first story mode (although story mode is a different… story) because I wanted to be able to have access to all my traits and obtain a crafted exotic set first, which can be done in less than a week at level 80. I made sure I got all the WPs first, and didn’t burden my group with having to run across the world to get there.

Otherwise I would feel like a burden on the party because I’m not being the best I can be. It’s no different than the selfish clods who run in full MF gear, handicap the entire group for their benefit. A group of 80s has to work harder and longer carrying a level 30 and loses 50 points worth of important traits and synergies while the level 30 gains ez mode and 60 badges.

Stop being selfish and lazy, get from 30 to 80 and get an exotic crafted set. Takes like two weeks of event grinding. Problem solved.

Posted by: TheGuy.3568

TheGuy.3568

Start your own group problem solved. You cant force other players to play how you want or blame them for hedging their bets by going with nothing but 80s.

Kor The Cold Heart War
Wrekkes-Engineer Kore Rok Thief-Asraithe-Ele

Nonlinear.9823

It’s true. Ignorant scrubs don’t mind graveyard zerging and don’t rage quit a dungeon after 40 minutes because they don’t know any better. They think it’s fun just because it’s new. They don’t yet know that it should have been completed in 20 minutes and that almost everything in a GW2 dungeon is either A) an alt+tab pushover or B) exploitable mechanics cheese.

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

Hint:

Use LFM instead of LFG. If your level 35+ and forming a group than nobody can really argue with that. Also if you use LFM you get groups faster….just saying.

For example:
LF4M AC explore – “X” path.

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

No explorable mode dungeon is anything but a lv 80 dungeon. I don’t care what the game says it’s level is – It’s a lv 80 challenge.

I’ve done ac exp with lowbies before, but I prefer cap characters. They tend to play better. It’s true, and it only makes sense. The loss of one player can cost you the entire challenge. You need everyone playing at their best.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

Posted by: ower.9143

ower.9143

I’m sorry but it’s completely your choice if you decide to join one of those groups, be prepared to get the backlash.

However for me, I’m a level 80 that took time to level (Yea, because its REALLY hard), and I also learned the instance prior to entering the instance. I am running a dungeon because I don’t have time to waste teaching people a path that takes 30min and extending it to 2 hours. I want a run with people that know what they’re doing, have the best possible abilities and maximum trait points, and I don’t even care if they’re wearing blues. So long as they’re 80, they are already infinitely better than a level 30 or 35 that may know what they’re doing, but still get one shot or two shot because they failed to dodge an attack.

Then, my team has to waste time rezzing, instead of using that time to contribute more DPS on a target. And the run goes slower. Like I said, I don’t have enough hours in the day to stay in a group for 1 path to take 2 hours when I need to do all 3 paths.

Once again, just my opinion, but if people want to run with only 80s, then thats their choice. Theres no need for an “Report Abuse” function. The game can be played by those who play it however they want. If you want a “Report Abuse” function, then I should be able to “Report Abuse” to people that yell at me because I don’t explain something to them. It’s not my job to teach you how to run a dungeon. There’s plenty of text guides and even youtube videos that teach you the nuances of a fight. I don’t need to babysit you through the dungeon when I barely have time to log onto the game.

Just my two cents.

If your life is so hectic and busy maybe you should get your kitten together instead of wasting what free time you have playing a video game.

Nonlinear.9823

Slow runs with scrubs = fun.

Efficient runs with seasoned players = elitist.

Got it. Thanks for clarifying. I was confused. Now I’m not.

Posted by: Jalad Lantana.3027

Jalad Lantana.3027

Arenanet may have destroyed specialization for the sake of the dramatic, GW2 is still played by people, who are wont to be jerks from time to time. The marketing may say ‘no grind’ but this whole 80s only thing is a symptom of people trying to avoid the grind involved in getting enough tokens to purchase the cool gear skins. They don’t want under 80s because they want to finish each run as fast as possible which is understandable when you realize just how many runs are required to get the number of tokens required.

HOD
Guardian / Ranger / Mesmer / Necro / Warrior
Played since 1st online ‘demo’ months before the BWEs.

Posted by: Shados.1306

Shados.1306

Thats why the GW1 model was better. Get max level in an afternoon, then start having fun.

But people whined WAY too much about the lack of leveling. So they put a compromise in this. It worked for the most part, but its not perfect.

All dungeons aside for a select few paths that are much harder than the rest are easily doable at level, and since, with a few exceptions, the amount of time you bang on the boss isn’t a big bottleneck, it doesn’t significantly slow down runs. You won’t do a 20 minute AC run, but 30-35 minute is possible. And if you have 4 people level 80 in full exotic and a single level 35 in there, you won’t really notice the difference. But yes, a full group of 80 will be faster, so for speedruns, thats what people will go for.

What I feel is the bigger problem is, is people losing track of why they’re playing for. You’ll have people that, in the same breath, will say they don’t care about grinding for cosmetics, and want to speedrun dungeons to get it over with. If the dungeons are that boring, is it really worth doing speedrun grinds for…cosmetics? I mean, a few people REALLY want those cosmetics, but chatting with people in game it seems to be a minority. The majority fall in 2 groups: people who genuinely enjoy the experience (so speedrunning shouldn’t be that important), and people who play because they feel they have to because they spent 60 bucks on this. The later group probably would be better off cutting their loss.

I know i know, someone is reading this about to hit the reply button to say “Im a unique snowflake and don’t fit in this generalization”. I’m not talking about you, no need to hit the reply button just to say that

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

It is selfish to only want level 80’s in your runs. These people are doing this for their own convenience. It is also selfish to expect people to include you if you are not level 80.. You expect others to cater to your wants. I see no real difference here.

This phenomenon is caused by developers. They build reward mechanics into their games that require people to re-do dungeons (sometimes, many times) for the rewards. Without these rewards, people play through once and are done, and start clamoring for more to do.

When you are on the 15th run-through, the novelty is gone and prolonging the experience is not desirable. When you are on your first run, speed-running interferes with enjoyment. Each group should seek the like-minded for their dungeon runs. Oh, wait, that’s what the level-80 runners ARE doing.

Sorry, OP, I cannot concur.

Posted by: Evoked.2176

Evoked.2176

If done properly… a LFG function could help resolve certain problems. Better than everyone shouting randomly in different maps and LA.

Also can help fixed the kicking issues as the party is registered at the function too.

Posted by: bbanfillov.9308

bbanfillov.9308

Hint:

Use LFM instead of LFG. If your level 35+ and forming a group than nobody can really argue with that. Also if you use LFM you get groups faster….just saying.

For example:
LF4M AC explore – “X” path.

Not bad, but then you get the occasional “Wtf a level 35, is this a joke? /leave”

Posted by: Aries.7902

Aries.7902

Ask to compare the stats next time you see a true lvl 35 and a lvl 80 scaled to a lvl 35 dungeon. the difference is laughable.

Not to mention the 35 trait point the lvl 35 is missing out on…

Luckiy the ones upset about “elitist lvl 80s” are the minority and its not too hard to get to lvl 80.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

I have to say… 80 is a huge buff over a 35 in AC. the 80s just don’t die nearly as easily and then there’s the added bonus of all the traits and skills the low level doesn’t have.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.