Locked out of Mai Trin fractal

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

So at the end of a not so great run, my party jumps into the room (we failed once before) by using the console thingie. I’m still sitting there messing with traits, combat starts, and I cant get into the area. A party member pinged me a possible route to the right of the main entrance, where there is a gate. That was closed. Console was unresponsive. I ended up leaving the group because I was dead weight just sitting there.

Anyways, it would be much appreciated if someone could tell me why I couldnt get back in, possible fixes, anything. I dont do fractals often but this has left me with a negative experience to say the least.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: Kondra.3860

Kondra.3860

That fractal seems to be bugged for sure. The route you where pinged was indeed correct. You just need to hug the gate and eventually you will be ported back to the boss room.

(edited by Kondra.3860)

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

This may be a bug. It may be a bug fix or a design adjustment. We don’t know, because ANET does not communicate what they change regarding dungeons and fractals in their update notes, much less communicate why they change what they do.

My best guess is they didn’t like people getting back into the room by character selecting then having Ellen res them, so they designed a fix. Being teleported back into the room some other way is probably just a bug.

Of course, you can (apparently) still leave someone out of the room and have the 4 people inside just repeatedly die and respawn inside the room, achieving the same effect as the thing they supposedly fixed. Maybe they’re perfectly fine with this, and not what they might have possibly intentionally fixed? Maybe they’re not fine with this but totally oblivious to it? Maybe they’re not fine with it but don’t know how to fix it?

Really, your guess is as good as mine. We’ll never know, because ANET does not communicate effectively. Not even about basic changes to the game in their patch notes. In GW1, when I wanted to know what changed in a patch, I read the patch notes. If only if it were that simple in GW2.

Posted by: Bohantopa.5729

Bohantopa.5729

If I remember correctly anet somewhere mentioned this change was done to fix an exploit.

It is still possible to get in though: go into the corridor on the right and jump against the leftside wall. When I was locked out last (retraiting for more reflects/blocks) I tried to get rid of my frustration that way and was suddenly ported in. You might have to jump against every point of the wall, but there is a position where this works (or worked about two weeks ago).

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Hey Buddy, there is a way to get into the fractal and be useful! I don’t have a screenie but what you do is you walk up to the console take a right all the way into a wall. Hit the cement wall with your character and you will soon be ported in.

Edit: I found a sort of ish screeanie. I hope this helps.

Attachments:

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Stand The Wall.6987

Hey Buddy, there is a way to get into the fractal and be useful! I don’t have a screenie but what you do is you walk up to the console take a right all the way into a wall. Hit the cement wall with your character and you will soon be ported in.

I went that way but only ran into the wooden gate. Youre saying the cement wall is the answer? Which side of the gate?

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

I went that way but only ran into the wooden gate. Youre saying the cement wall is the answer? Which side of the gate?

The cement wall is the answer!

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Spam F on that console, sometimes it works.

Posted by: mage.3570

mage.3570

‘sometimes it works’ … why break something that used to work 100% before? Wait, that’s ANET. Rather if they had spent their energy and resources doing more productive things like making an expansion, or adding new skills, then I would understand.

Been there, done that. What’s next?

Posted by: sunset.3056

sunset.3056

‘sometimes it works’ … why break something that used to work 100% before? Wait, that’s ANET. Rather if they had spent their energy and resources doing more productive things like making an expansion, or adding new skills, then I would understand.

Because people think mai trin is too hard to actually finish her the legit way. You can thank baddies.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

oh my god do not leave your party of your own free will at the last raidboss after doing 3 fractals

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

oh my god do not leave your party of your own free will at the last raidboss after doing 3 fractals

I cri everytiem…

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Posted by: Froom Ethron.6938

Froom Ethron.6938

did this yesterday…still works!
DC’ed, logged back in and went to the right side of the control panel up the hallway. You can’t enter through the gate, but beside the gate on the left, just push against the wall (i dodged into it) and it ports you to the entrance inside.

Posted by: Sleepwalker.1398

Sleepwalker.1398

Yeah I found walking to the right, as Lunar said and u can get back in.

Also, I hardly run fractals and the team I was with quit while in this giant dude tied to the wall. Well we had to hit it with a hammer. while running up, the guy carrying the hammer got blown the wind and fell, thus the hammer was stuck in mid air.
Everyone started jumping off cliff to get hammer but failed and jus quit.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Yeah I found walking to the right, as Lunar said and u can get back in.

Also, I hardly run fractals and the team I was with quit while in this giant dude tied to the wall. Well we had to hit it with a hammer. while running up, the guy carrying the hammer got blown the wind and fell, thus the hammer was stuck in mid air.
Everyone started jumping off cliff to get hammer but failed and jus quit.

the solution to this is a full wipe, everyone dead at the same time. the hammer will respawn.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Stand The Wall.6987

I asked my guildie how it went after I left… they said 3 hours…. I felt so bad.

Anet look! I’m feeling disenfranchised!