Looking for Dungeon restrictions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Looking For Dungeon system is needed in GW2.It should be cross server,instant teleporting you inside BUT with big restrictions and penalties.I hate how poorly designed is LFG in WoW.It allows anonymity and that is the worst abuse that has to be removed from LFD tool in GW2 if it is ever putted in the game.
Right now for MMOs exist 2 kinds of systems:Looking for players(LFP) where players have the tools to find group(you do it personally) and Dungeon finder(LFG) which finds people for you when they queue for it.
My opion is that a DF tool is the better one.Any way IF such system is putted here is what i want from it:
1.Leaving dungeon before killing last boss’ll put a debuff on character which won’t let you enter new instance for 2 hours.Such big punishment is needed so you actually think twice next time before even consider leaving the group.I hated in WoW that after 15 mins you were able to leave even if you were only in the middle of the dungeon.The tool was letting you join new queue every 15mins.And that leaded to abuse which I don’t like.
2.Groups can Vote To Kick 5 times.To not let kicking random people for stupid reasons like:noob,not geared,slacker,ninja puller or just 4 friends/guildies kicking people only because they like it.Such things must be stopped.
Every time someone is removed by “ Vote to Kick” tge group gets a penalty debuff reducing money they receive and repair costs are increased.The debuff can stack maximum 5 times.After that removals are not allowed.You are locked for the specific instance for this run.
3.The system is good to kick people that behave badly or talk with foul language or are insulting people.Person who is removed gets 2 hour penalty.
4.Afkers can be kicked by anyone without group being punished for that.Only the afker will receive 2 hour debuff.
5.If you finish the dungeon as a group without anyone being kicked or leaving you will get more money at the end and better chance to drop a better weapon or armor skin.

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: DKP.4196

DKP.4196

Agree to all except 5. I think these are good ideas Anet could consider and fine tune with their Dungeon team.

Keep trying, or die trying. Never give up, never forgive. We will Desolate. – Desolation
Not A Message.

Posted by: Titarion.2609

Titarion.2609

Personally I don’t care too much how its implemented – more that it actually just exists and we can co-ordinate with other players who are LFG for a dungeon.

Right now its frustrating as there are very few or no level 80s in the zones some of the lower Explorables are in. So getting a pick up group for explorable – not story, can be quite hard

Posted by: meds.3257

meds.3257

I have no real opinion on your 5 restrictions/pointers, however I definitely think there needs to be some form of grouping for dungeons/looking for dungeon tool.

A tab at the top of the screen, like the WvW one, where you can join a queue for auto-grouping for your selected dungeon is a must.

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

I would like to have a LFD system because it’s faster to instant find people rather than searching them in chat.
The problem is how to stop people from abusing the grouping tool and ruining the game just like LFG destroyed WoW comunity.It has so many flaws that i can’t even think where to start.
GW2 dungeons are very hard right now.If LFD is implemented like a grouping queue or a finder without restrictions that will ruin the game just like WoW was.
I don’t want this to happen i like GW2 very much

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

(edited by moiraine.2753)

Posted by: savard.9618

savard.9618

I would like to add another point…. Impossibility to kick people when the last boss is down… Too many people get kicked at the end of the instance for nothing before loot the chest !!!!