Looking for help.

Looking for help.

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Bsgapollo.5364

Bsgapollo.5364

Hey, I haven’t played this game in several months and i’ve always done pvp, now I’d like to get more into pve since I’d like to save up for my legendary, I’ve already got map completion so the only thing I’m currently missing is gold, thing is, I don’t really know where to farm, is there a guide somewhere where most people are currently farming and what areas are active ? Currently I’m doing Ascelonian & Citidal only, any suggestions would be welcome since I’m quite new to this. If you want to help me even further a guild invite would be appreciated as well.

Level 80 Elementalist, experienced player in pvp, trying out pve for now.

(edited by Bsgapollo.5364)

Looking for help.

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

http://gw2dungeons.net/ has info and guides for all of the dungeons.

Common farming paths are:

AC: 123
CM: 123
TA: f/u
SE: 13
CoF: 12
CoE: 123
Arah: 1234 (with good group. Maybe just 2/3, or none at all, otherwise).

Are you NA or EU? That will matter for guild invites, and you may want to also check out the stickied threads in this forum.

Looking for help.

Bsgapollo.5364

http://gw2dungeons.net/ has info and guides for all of the dungeons.

Common farming paths are:

AC: 123
CM: 123
TA: f/u
SE: 13
CoF: 12
CoE: 123
Arah: 1234 (with good group. Maybe just 2/3, or none at all, otherwise).

Are you NA or EU? That will matter for guild invites, and you may want to also check out the stickied threads in this forum.

Thanks for that already, what do you mean with the f/u behind twilight arbor btw ?
Also I’m on EU @ ruins of surmia.

Looking for help.

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

TA has 3 paths, first you vote on either 55 or 80 lvl, that’s voting Aetherblade or the other 2, the other two are Forward and Up, so that’s the F/U. Typically PUGs will do Forward or Up(or both), Aetherblade is a bit more intricate and difficult for PUGs let alone premades (lots of gimmicks).

Looking for help.

Bsgapollo.5364

What dungeons would you recommend that are the easiest or rather doable for the average player ? Cause you guys sometimes write stuff that is just too advanced for me.

Looking for help.

Jerus.4350

AC is easiest, CoF 1 and SE1 are probably the next. After that they get a bit more advanced with SE3/CoF2/TA F/U. CM is “easy” but only with more advanced tactics.

Looking for help.

Bsgapollo.5364

Are dungeons still the most efficient way to gather gold? Or is there something else I don’t know of.

Looking for help.

Posted by: Enko.6123

Enko.6123

Full dungeon tour provided you can do it quickly followed by SW chest farming. TP trades going while you do everything else.

Dungeons are only more time efficient than SW if you can do a full tour in probably under 4 hours with a full tour consisting of:
AC: all paths
CM: all paths
TA: F/U
SE: p1, p3
CoF: p1, p3 (p2 as well if you can stand it)
HotW: p1, p3
CoE: all paths
Arah: all paths

If your groups do them slower, for time efficiency, SW will probably net you more gold. The faster you can do the dungeons, the more time efficient.

Fractal 50s in 20-30 minutes is actually a bit decent as well provided you get a decent number of rares and exotics. More of RNG though.

For newer players, AC all paths, SE p1, CoF p1 are all fairly easy to pick up.

(edited by Enko.6123)

Looking for help.

Bsgapollo.5364

Full dungeon tour provided you can do it quickly followed by SW chest farming. TP trades going while you do everything else.

What does SW stand for and where is it located ? also do I need to do anything special or just follow the commander ?

Also I would probably do more fractels if I had people to do it with, I’m like only level 2 and I find it quite difficult sometimes to figure out what to do once I’m inside, I hate it how Arena net barely gives any explanation once you’re inside a dungeon on what you need to do.

(edited by Bsgapollo.5364)

Looking for help.

Jerus.4350

What does SW stand for and where is it located ? also do I need to do anything special or just follow the commander ?

Also I would probably do more fractels if I had people to do it with, I’m like only level 2 and I find it quite difficult sometimes to figure out what to do once I’m inside, I hate it how Arena net barely gives any explanation once you’re inside a dungeon on what you need to do.

SW=Silverwastes, even not chest farming and actualy doing events is quite a bit of gold. Though, I find dungeons far more fun as you get more interesting encounters more often.

Fractals are the best, but just not rewarding to the point that they can compete with dungeons/SW.

Looking for help.

Posted by: Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

Nevets Crimsonwing.5271

OP:

Read this for everything you need:

http://gw2dungeons.net/