Looking for little help with gw2dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I added general profession specific tips to the site. Unfortunately I can only do Warrior so I need help with others (Elementalist and Ranger done so far).

This should be 15-30 mins work per profession. Please let me know if you are willing to help. Moderate dungeon experience with the profession needed.

For example you can check this. Then click Fighting (Warrior) and it opens up. There is also similar for skipping.

For source file you can check this. As you can see it’s not very complicated. So what you should is to edit that for other professions.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Can you tell me about the group setting? Because the Fighting part with pug will be so much different than with an organized guild group, not to mention different guilds use different approach, too. I assume this whole guide is for a very generic pug with an understanding of meta builds?

I can help with Ele, and possibly Mesmer if I have more time.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Wethospu.6437

Oh, you may have to hard refresh the site to actually see what I’m talking about.

Here is an image of what you should click.

And yes, it’s a general tip. Not encounter specific.

Attachments:

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I’d be happy to help with Mesmer, though having others as well would be even better!

Iris Ng.9845

How to list the skills and traits in your format? For example:

wiki=“Shake_It_Off”|(utility)
wiki=Restorative_Strength|(Strength_II)
wiki=Firestorm|(Fiery_Greatsword)

Sorry, I’m not familiar with writing these types of ‘language’ :p

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

Wethospu.6437

First part is the link to wiki.

For example wiki=“Shake_It_Off!” gets directly converted to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Shake_It_Off!%22 with text “Shake It Off!”

Second part modifies or replaces shown text. If second part starts with ( it gets appended after first part. If not, then it replaces it.

For example (utility) gets added after “Shake_It_Off!”. Which results in a link to wiki with text “Shake It Off!” (utility).

But with wiki=Charge_(warrior_skill)|Charge_(Warhorn) result is a text Charge (Warhorn) which links to http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charge_.

tldr: First part links to wiki. Second part is shown text. If second part starts with ( it gets appended to the first part.

Feel free to do first versions for Elementalist and Mesmer. Doesn’t matter if all go wrong, they can always be refined!

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

OMG this site finally works for me!!! <3

Wethospu.6437

Really? :O

Nothing has been done.

Iris Ng.9845

Sorry. Still doing it.

Iris Ng.9845

Here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_iL8SdSBt-OemlqbmxJQ2EzLTA/edit?usp=sharing

Very rough. All the rotations are not optimal but even the braindead can use it.

Wethospu.6437

Sorry. Still doing it.

I meant nothing has been done for site IP so it’s weird that it works for Sublimatio.

But good work. Looks good. Pugs like braindead!

Which name you want to credits?

Iris Ng.9845

IrisTheCasual

(lmao)

Any would do.

Posted by: sazberryftw.3809

sazberryftw.3809

Can I suggest in the list of builds you put the 4/6/0/4/0 directly listed?
I know this in the [DnT] guide but the EA build is up there in importance with the 6/5/0/0/3.

Edit: Talking about warrior incase this isn’t clear.

| Lithia |

Wethospu.6437

Good catch (one of the builds had wrong traits).

Wethospu.6437

So no takers for Engineer, Thief, Ranger or Guardian?

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Sadly not, the only class I could write something about would be guardian and even that would end up probably be limited to “Chain your blinds and blocks in order to take out a lot of damage from the group”, “many encounters contain enemies which use projectiles, wall of reflection can protect your group and damage your enemy in such cases” etc.

However I noticed a spelling mistake in the Ele-section, more specifically in the section “before fighting”. It says “lighning hammer” instead of “lightning hammer”.

Iris Ng.9845

IrisTheCasual

(lmao)

Any would do.

Okay, it’s a bad idea. Weth, can you please just put Iris instead? Thank you.

Wethospu.6437

As you wish.

Sadly not, the only class I could write something about would be guardian and even that would end up probably be limited to “Chain your blinds and blocks in order to take out a lot of damage from the group”, “many encounters contain enemies which use projectiles, wall of reflection can protect your group and damage your enemy in such cases” etc.

However I noticed a spelling mistake in the Ele-section, more specifically in the section “before fighting”. It says “lighning hammer” instead of “lightning hammer”.

You have been given a green light! Go!

NovaanVerdiano.6174

As you wish.

You have been given a green light! Go!

I’m quite busy for the next few days, so if you find no one, I guess I can do it then – don’t expect too much though!

Posted by: stachekiller.2591

stachekiller.2591

“Ranger – Make sure to equip longbow and bear as pet…. stay at 1200 range and use point blank shot whenever mobs surround your team”

Seriously though, I could probably help out with the Ranger section even though I am not nearly the player most of these forum regulars are. At least I can give you enough of a starting point that it can be cleaned up later if need be.

Wethospu.6437

That’s exactly the point. Thank you very much!

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Alright sorry, I didn’t read any of these posts so sorry if I am repeating anything (or doing it wrong).

Engineer
1) Flamethrower – only time you should use this in a dungeon is its fire field you can use then switch back in another skill (the #4 skill napalm lasts much longer than the fire field from your bomb kit so it can be useful in prestacking might.)
2) Blast Finishers (without a wasted utility) – these are blast finishers either in kits or a toolbelt skill so you can use them and then switch to an actual useful skill without wasting a utility
—a)Big Ol’ Bomb – bomb kit toolbelt so you will probably keep the skill anyway beware it does have a 3 second delay on the blast finisher so probably the first blast you should lay down when pre stacking might (ect.)
—b)Acid Bomb – Elixir Gun skill, once used it shoots you backwards in the air use drop bundle to immediately cancel the jump to stay in place for more blasts
—c)Rumble – Thumper turret’s toolbelt – the thumper turret is good for a burst of might with its 3 blast finishers in one skill (overcharge, detonate, and rumble)
3) Blast Finishers (that use a slot)
—a)Supply Crate – your elite to use, long cooldown but comes with a blast finisher a bit of healing for the group and possibly a helpful turret (not all turrets are helpful) beware it takes a bit of time to cast and if interrupted most of the animation still goes off (but no cool down when interrupted)
—b)Throw Mine/Detonate (any turret)/Rocketboots, Don’t use rockeboots in dungeons. Throw Mine not horrible for dungeons but usually you have better options, but if your group is pulling a boss or mob to a specific area you can drop down the toolbelt skill with some nice extra damage and then switch back to another utility before the mob/boss arrives for some extra vulnerability and damage. Generally the only turrets you will want to detonate are the rifle turret, or the thumper turret (because of its other blasts).
—c) Shield can be good in dungeons where your other party members aren’t stacking might, but generally you’ll want to stick with rifle. (double clicking shield #4 is a blast finisher)
—d) Healing Turret, the heal you should almost always have, 1 creates a water field in both its overcharge and a very short one in its toolbelt skill. It has a blast finisher in its detonate (I love being able to use a heal offensively)
4) Reflects and blinds – (not including shield 4)
—a) Elixir U toolbelt, good as either a smoke wall or a reflect wall (the RNG sucks though). It has a bonus that it can still be used underwater though, so that’s a bonus.
—b) Smoke bomb, a good short blind field good for stealth or non-boss mobs with blinds. DONT YOU DARE TAKE THE TRAIT IN EXPLOSIVE FOR THIS.
5) Kit Refinement
—a) Can be nice in areas where you have to pull a few enemies (by switching to bomb kit while this trait is up it can pull 3 enemies to the location you dropped it at)
6) Consumables
—a) Usually sticking to Koi Cakes (for increased vulnerability duration is great) + Skale venom or the correct Powerful slaying potion is a good way to go.
7) Skills you generally want to rotate (not in any particular order for max damage in a boos fight) Rifle #3, and 5, Grenade #2, 4, and toolbelt, Bomb #1 if vulnerability stacking isn’t required, Pry bar if for some reason you have toolkit utility equipped (you shouldn’t), Elixir Bomb if you can cancel it quickly and boss is staying in one place, Analyze from utility goggles if for some reason you have those equipped (again you shouldn’t). If underwater use Scatter Mines as often as you can in your enemies face, it is Amazing.
8) General Dungeon Builds
6/6/0/0/2 (good for speed from speedy kits, or static discharge for extra damage)
6/6/0/2/0 (if you need more dodges this will help you with a bit of vigor)

9) Bonus (immature crap)
Special Engineer Finisher drop a glue bomb wait 2-3seconds, use Personal Battering Ram, Profit.

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Iris Ng.9845

Alright sorry, I didn’t read any of these posts so sorry if I am repeating anything (or doing it wrong).

9) Bonus (immature crap)
Special Engineer Finisher drop a glue bomb wait 2-3seconds, use Personal Battering Ram, Profit.

Can you show me this, please

Posted by: robertul.3679

robertul.3679

Speaking of engineer you recommend flame turret for the smoke field but that overcharge only works if your turret is hitting a target making it useless(basically) for stacking stealth. You are better off with bomb toolbelt, heal turret, shield#4, thumper toolbelt, elixir gun#4 used with smoke bomb. You can skip the heal turret so you can replace with med kit for a bit more swiftness. This way you can swap all 3 utilities while running to either toolkit for block, elixir s for more stealth etc. Just be careful or outright skip bomb toolbelt since the radius it has is problematic in certain scenarios.

(edited by robertul.3679)

Wethospu.6437

You should have checked the example on first post and put your text in correct format.

But thanks for this too!

Posted by: Infamous Darkness.3284

Infamous Darkness.3284

Speaking of engineer you recommend flame turret for the smoke field but that overcharge only works if your turret is hitting a target making it useless(basically) for stacking stealth. You are better off with bomb toolbelt, heal turret, shield#4, thumper toolbelt, elixir gun#4 used with smoke bomb. You can skip the heal turret so you can replace with med kit for a bit more swiftness. This way you can swap all 3 utilities while running to either toolkit for block, elixir s for more stealth etc. Just be careful or outright skip bomb toolbelt since the radius it has is problematic in certain scenarios.

Thank you, those are some good additions. but I wouldn’t suggest taking med kit because speedy kits will cover your swiftness (though it could be used freely between fights for the extra duration and a bit more forgiveness on speedy kits, as a little known bonus grenade kit is the only kit that you can drop bundle not stow and it has no recharge time not even the 1 second cooldown from stow bundle). I don’t think I recommended flame turret anywhere, but if I did yes this is the truth you don’t want that turret (unless you want to be really lazy at Shoggroth or something).

Infamous Culverin(engi[Main]), one of every other class.
Karl Marx: “Go away! Last words are for fools who haven’t said enough!”

Wethospu.6437

So any help with this? Still only warrior, ranger and elementalist done.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

You still need necromancer then?

Wethospu.6437

Yeah, one guy was supposed to do it but haven ’t heard from him for a week.

Would be cool to get these done before the anniversary.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

“Guardians – Run Staff. Staff auto attack is the second highest DPS in the entire game. If you are in Clerics, Knight’s or Soldier’s like every Guardian should, it will allow you to draw the aggro of all the mobs and tank! If you need to focus your fire, swap to Scepter because it has the highest DPS in the game.”

That’s my advice to all the Guardians in the game! Feel free to use it! (Except please don’t, I don’t have a dungeon group I regularly go with, and I live by pugging)

Wethospu.6437

Come on guys. It’s not exactly rocket science (except for engineer I guess).

Posted by: Rainmaker.7594

Rainmaker.7594

Engineer notes:

general notes:
1)stealth – has a cap of 12 sec if using smoke bomb. I use healing turret, flame turret (won’t aggro stuff like rifle turret will, and only has a 5 sec longer cd), thumper turret, and bomb kit. you can also put something else (rocket boots for mobility) in the slot of flame turret and use shield 4 as the other blast finisher instead. for max stealth, swap bomb kit to elixir s and toss it on yourself during the run (not limited by the 12 sec cap that the previous blasts were) for a total of 17 sec stealth. also, i recommend disabling auto-targeting and static discharge while skipping.

Arah path 1:
1)first skip should be easy, but in case you’re having trouble, use toolkit’s shield and/or elixir s. rocket boots can also cure the cripple if you get hit by an ooze as well as give you distance from it. clear the turrets in the boss room before starting the fight – grenades can out range them. toss elixir u has a chance to reflect also.
2)no special notes for the boss fight, but super speed (slick shoes toolbelt) and rocket boots work great for carrying the blood.
3)for the skip after the giant ooze, you’ll likely not have time to blast stealth on yourself, so I recommend rocket boots, toolkit (shield), and either elixir s or super speed (super speed and rocket boots combo can easily clear the last group of oozes).
4)alot of people will probably disagree with doing this, but I’m not a meta-only fanatic so I don’t care: for crystalline entities, trait bombs (10% damage and radius), elixir infused bombs, and backpack regen. this will allow you to stay in the light much longer. I also recommend getting about 5 stacks of green light, then blasting might just before pulling the entities.
5)Shoggroth – nobody should touch the whiskey at all if there is an engineer in the party; we have plenty of burning. If you are not using the stack and immob method, I recommend dual pistol (pistol 4 and incendiary ammo with pistol 2), flame thrower (skill 3 & 4, and toolbelt), flame turret (open the fight with the toolbelt skill, then place it near the boss – it doesn’t seem to draw any aggro), and bomb kit (fire bomb and auto-attack while the other skills are on cooldown), and of course supply crate for the extra turrets. If using the stack and immob method (assuming others will bring some burning as well), use rifle instead of pistol for the net shot, and swap flame thrower for net turret.
6)the path to Lupi – grenades can out range the turrets. also, 2 fortified turrets are usually enough to take them out. smoke bomb works great for negating the aboms’ attacks.
7)the skip after Lupi – if solo, just charge through with defensive skills (toolkit, elixir s, and rocket boots for mobility). if in a group, toss elixir s for the first 2 mobs. path the next group of enemies then blast stealth (if they are pathed, the stealth should be enough to get you past all of the risen). the rest of the run is easy enough, just keep running (preferably with some sort of speed boost – power shoes work fine); as long as you don’t stop you should be fine.
8)a few notes about the final boss – fortified turrets are a less effective source of reflect – they can’t crit.
-the ring of fire is actually a dome. it not only insta-downs anyone who touches it, but it also blocks projectiles – so, you can’t stand outside the circle tossing grenades, and there is no way to jump over the ring (because its not actually a ring but a dome).
-toss elixir u next to him. if you get smokescreen, you can move to the side the boss is on to use the crystal to reflect. if you get WoR, everybody can stand behind it to save their crystals (they won’t break if they’re not hit)

~I’ll edit this post with more info later~

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

Come on guys. It’s not exactly rocket science (except for engineer I guess).

Then why do we need to teach them?

Wethospu.6437

I believe general tips are more useful for new players than advanced physics.

Engineer notes:

Could you try to format it like in first post please?

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Sorry Wethospu. Like you, I don’t have in depth info of anything other than warrior, but if there’s any other help I can give w/ gw2dungeons, please let me know.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxyKgv-bmK4xV3FDVS1aLUxscVE/edit

I probably messed something up anywhere or forgot something, but it’s 3am and I’m losing overview due to all the links I needed to put in there. If one of the links is wrong or I made a spelling mistake, just tell me and I’ll fix it (or fix it on your own, whatever you prefer). Maybe I’ll think of something else I can add tomorrow or I’ll notice that I’ve overlooked something once I can look at it on gw2dungeons where I’m not looking at all the wiki=x|(y)-links.

Wethospu.6437

I can pretty easily fix syntax and check link validity so no problems with that. But I need a verification to access your file.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I can pretty easily fix syntax and check link validity so no problems with that. But I need a verification to access your file.

Sorry, should be working now.

Wethospu.6437

Ok, it’s in with appropriate tweaks. Also added you to credits, hopefully name is fine.

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Ok, it’s in with appropriate tweaks. Also added you to credits, hopefully name is fine.

Yes, that’s just fine.

If no one else does it (as it seems) I may also be able to write a few lines for guardian and mesmer.

//Just found an error in the Skipping: During Skipping section. Fourth note, Locust Swarm doesn’t link to a skill, I forgot to add the wiki= in front of it.

(edited by NovaanVerdiano.6174)

Wethospu.6437

I hope those are being worked on, if not I will let you know. :P

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I hope those are being worked on, if not I will let you know. :P

Alright. :P