Loosing interest in GW2 Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lara.6740

Lara.6740

Hey folks, my guildies are loosing all interest in the GW2 Dungeons. With REZing nurfed and skills that help to rez being limited or nurfed, many of my friends are looking for new games.

Dungeons have always been what we liked to do, but in all honesty, none of the guildies I hang with particularly like GW2 version of these. The difficulty, lack of decent rewards and boredom whilst dead is driving them all away.

Any suggestions?

Posted by: kishter.9578

kishter.9578

play until something that draw you interest come out, right now im trying FF14 RR and is cool so far. anyway this game is free to play you don’t loose anything to wait for something away better.

We just don’t want players to grind in Guild Wars 2. No one enjoys that.

Posted by: Nihilus.3015

Nihilus.3015

Lose

AmateurNet

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Stop dying, then the changes to rez mechanics aren’t an issue.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

“The difficulty, lack of decent rewards and boredom whilst dead is driving them all away.”

If your team were finding a lack of difficulty, a lack of rewards, and boredom whilst alive, then you might have run out of things to do. As it stands you have some improvements to make in your team play so you could set that as your goal if you wanted.

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

Yeah, not seeing the issue here. If you’re only bored when you’re dead, stop dying.

Posted by: Chaotic Storm.2815

Chaotic Storm.2815

I wanna see them bring back the WP rez but with a slight difference, if your dead for so long then your allowed to WP rez

#ELEtism

Posted by: Meluna.1764

Meluna.1764

The change was made to stop Corpse Running. Now you are forced to do the boss as is. Or rez your mates manually. If your are left dead for so long time periods, your teamplay is indeed lacking. You can also bring rez orbs to rez yourself if you don’t trust your mates to do it ^_~

Posted by: Phaedryn.3698

Phaedryn.3698

Hey folks, my guildies are loosing all interest in the GW2 Dungeons. With REZing nurfed and skills that help to rez being limited or nurfed, many of my friends are looking for new games.

Dungeons have always been what we liked to do, but in all honesty, none of the guildies I hang with particularly like GW2 version of these. The difficulty, lack of decent rewards and boredom whilst dead is driving them all away.

Any suggestions?

I stopped doing dungeons as soon as it became clear that, due to design choices, a “standard” run of any path of any dungeon means glitching/avoiding content. It’s horrible design. Now I simply do my daily “world boss chest check list” for money and WvW the rest of the time. I would rather have a root canal than step foot in another dungeon in this game.

Posted by: Sacrai.6280

Sacrai.6280

I stopped doing dungeons as soon as it became clear that, due to design choices, a “standard” run of any path of any dungeon means glitching/avoiding content. It’s horrible design. Now I simply do my daily “world boss chest check list” for money and WvW the rest of the time. I would rather have a root canal than step foot in another dungeon in this game.

A “standard” run does not need any glitching/avoiding to be done. You simply need to find players that are willing to go through the content for the pleasure of it. Avoid players that consider a standard run being the most efficient one, you’ll find new pleasure in playing.

And if you don’t have a guild or enough friends playing, use the gw2lfg website and use the little icon that reads “no skipping content”. You’ll avoid a lot of terrible players (for your tastes that is).

[LAGS] Sacraï – Roche de l’Augure[FR]

Posted by: Krag.6210

Krag.6210

I’m loosing interest in the dungeons as well even though I’m the leader of a small dungeon guild. We ran them more than 100 times each, for all sorts of reason, but it’s not even fun anymore, it stopped being fun after the 4th or 5th time.

The reason is that they provide zero challenge, they’re just tedious and unrewarding.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

The difficulty, lack of decent rewards and boredom whilst dead is driving them all away.

I don’t get this sentence. Do you mean the dungeon is too difficult “or” it is too easy(boring).

Posted by: Gallimimus.7286

Gallimimus.7286

I have also lost a bit of interest in dungeons/Fractals. I strongly feel like they should add a new level of gear that can only be gotten in a chest within a dungeon and the harder the dungeon the better the gear. This would add a little mystery to going into one and as it stands you just get mostly gear you can’t use…may as well just give you money. I have a full set of exotic gear from AC…there will never be a surprise drop of gear that will be better than that. It is all too predictable. Grind a dungeon or Fractal until you get the relic or tear that you need to be able to buy something. No surprise at all. A little more excitement needs to be added or my time on this game will end somewhat quickly.

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

The wp zerg rushing wasn’t good mechanic. I’m glad they made that change.

All there is as far as endgame goes is dungeons. They have been lacking for so long and there are so many necessary things that are supposedly in the works. It would have been nice to get these fixes like the fixes to dungeon loot, lfg tool, new fractals, and the fractal cap being raised due to the addition of more ascended gear before they started adding new content.

They made Guild Wars 1 such a solid game before they added an expansion. They are doing the opposite and just pumping out new stuff that is one time only and lackluster to try to hold peoples’ attention. It’s really sad since the potential for the game at release and the manifesto were amazing. It was also pretty impressive that they came on here and responded to people and gave some info to look forward to. The silence and lack of updates for dungeons isn’t really a good sign.

So many people I’ve played with have quit or seem to be in the process of doing so. I’m pretty much getting to that point after doing fractal 48 almost every day now sometimes twice for 2 months and I still don’t have the 1h sword or axe that I’ve wasted so much time of my life on it’s just getting sad now. If I did cof instead I’d probably have a legendary and a decent amount of change left over.

Posted by: Vincaro.7159

Vincaro.7159

I’d like to see some numbers on dungeons, because it seems to me that they are dying. Everyone always likes to sound like an elitist when they post on the forums but the fact is the dungeons are far too difficult for the average player at 80 let alone players at the levels the dungeons are actually supposed to be doable.

Pug groups often struggle on the easiest of dungeons, due to a lack of any support/defense, I often switch to whichever of my characters I think the group needs which is often my guardian and end up carrying the group through. For people that don’t have a constant group of friends that are always on and work together in a coordinated group, trying to run any dungeon except CoF is a nightmare and even CoF can be bad if the group has no support builds of any kind.

As sorry as I am for saying this, WoW had the right idea for their dungeons. They were easy, fast, accessible and gave sizable rewards. While in any mmo, any game for that matter, there will be those elitist that whine that it’s too easy, those players make up a very small percentage of the player base and are often blowing hot air besides. Therefore only a small percentage of the game’s content should cater to those players.
If FotM isn’t enough for those players then perhaps adding difficulty levels to the existing dungeons should be something to look into. In fact, now that I think about it, that seems like a great idea to me. make all the dungeons easy enough for average players with perhaps reduced rewards from what they give now, and add a hard mode that’s only for lvl 80s that is made to be a challenge and gives more reward. Maybe even add a small (very small) chance for random legendary precursors to drop from chests in hard mode. Hard mode was in the first game, why not bring it back, then both sides can be satisfied. But giving more of the player base content they can handle and have fun with is essential to the success of an MMO.

Really the dungeon difficulty should also depend on what level the dungeon is, after all, they should be doable by a pug group at the level that the dungeon becomes available. And while the game does scale high level players down, Everyone knows that higher level players are still far more powerful even when scaled down.

It is also a problem that most pug groups tend to just run past entire sections of the dungeon just to get to the reward at the end. The reward of doing the dungeons needs to be spread out throughout the dungeon not all in the completion; and chests that usually just have blues and greens, maybe a gold, if you’re lucky, are not sufficient rewards. You can get that farming any trash out in the world. Dungeon tokens are the main reason most people try to run dungeons, whether they want the gear or are just using them to buy gear for salvaging. So having almost all of them come from completing the dungeon encourages people to skip content. They need to be spread throughout the dungeon, not a measly 3 off of some bosses and events, but 10-20 and have only a small bonus of maybe another 20 at the end. I’ve been in groups that did 3/4 of the dungeon and then the leader quit and we all got booted and received almost no reward for an hour of our time. Also this way, longer dungeon path’s with more bosses/events will also give more reward. As for the diminishing daily reward that’s in place right now, perhaps making each boss only give the Token reward once per day would be the solution. Or perhaps make it 20 the first time 8 the second time and then 0 after that.

Posted by: Vincaro.7159

Vincaro.7159

It seems to me that the one thing the majority of players do almost every day is the dragon fights and low level chest events. But almost nobody does the events in Orr that give the same reward. Why? Because the temples events in Orr often fail. Nobody wants to dedicate a half hour or more of their time to participate in an event that will most likely fail and give no reward at all. Dragon fights and low level events on the other hand never fail and as a result the areas of these event are often full to overflowing when the event is up.

It’s the same way with dungeons, if the dungeon is too difficult for the average player and pug groups often fail or struggle through taking hours to complete it, they soon won’t want to do it any more and without dungeons what is there for pve players that have finished map completion to do? The same 3 dragon events over and over? Farm for hours on end? I’m sorry to say I’m one of those that is quickly getting tired of this game, due to the simple fact that I don’t have enough dedicated friends to run dungeons with people I know, and playing pug roulette is too much of a headache to deal with in dungeons that are too difficult for the average player. The average player is not geared, may not be max level, and is either a mess of a build due to where they put their traits while leveling, or read about their build on the internet and has no idea how to play it properly… The average player also doesn’t dodge.

The last problem is finding a pug group in the first place. The LFG system in the game is a joke, and as far as I’ve seen lately, nobody even uses it anymore. It is sad that we have to go to an external sight for something that should have been built into the game from day 1. Even a server wide LFG channel in chat would be an extraordinary improvement. As it is, all you can do in game is sit in LA and spam LFG. Just having one chat channel that reaches the whole sever would make both finding a group, or getting more to fill a group so much easier and faster.

In closing I’m sad to say that I’m quickly tiring of the game as all I’ve done lately is dragon fights and farming. I played the first GW for years and enjoyed it immensely. It was designed right as far as I was concerned. The majority of the content was easy enough for anyone. The missions that were the nearest things to dungeons, could be easily done by almost any group or even solo with NPC’s filling your squad, and there was only a few, such as Underworld that were difficult at all. It was fun to play and that was what mattered.

Posted by: Stone.6751

Stone.6751

The problem with a lot of the dungeons as I see them now is that they aren’t straightforward combat. You have to know how this trick or that trick works, and if even one person doesn’t get it or do it right then you have a good chance to fail. With the rewards being not that great other than the tokens, its just not worth the time.

Penny Royalty – Level 80 Guardian
Raingarde – Level 80 Necromancer

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Any suggestions?

My guild is getting bored of running dungeons too… I think because we run really a lot of dungeons every day since the release.
When you got tokens for every character (even if you have to equip 4-5 alts) you’ll lose interest.
You won’t even run dungeons for money… Now it’s easiest to look at the timer and jump from one group-boss event to another for the guaranteed rare drop + chest!

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Posted by: Roman Legionary.6715

Roman Legionary.6715

Lose/Losing not loosing (opposite of tight)

Posted by: WolfOwl.3968

WolfOwl.3968

Wait, floor tanking isn’t fun???

I’ve been wrong all this time!!!

But honestly there’s nothing tying you to one game, if you’re bored go play another game or something. Come back later, I figure GW2 will be here for awhile yet.

“I think a man does what he can, until his destiny is revealed to him.”

Posted by: Krakah.3582

Krakah.3582

Any suggestions?

WvW and SPvP.

-KNT- BG

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Dying is supposed to be part of the game. And that’s not a friendly or helpful response either way…

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Dying is supposed to be part of the game. And that’s not a friendly or helpful response either way…

Yes, it’s essentially the YOU FAILED screen. Umm, I can’t believe I have to say this, but you’re not supposed to die, dude.

Retired. Too many casuals.

Posted by: Jzl.8715

Jzl.8715

Another month, another patch with mini activities and random reward boxes and gem shop skins. Where are the meaty things? Without something substantial, without an actual goal or challenging content all these distractions are really meaningless.

I’ll be back when summer is over, and see what’s what.

[PLUM] – SOR

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Another month, another patch with mini activities and random reward boxes and gem shop skins. Where are the meaty things? Without something substantial, without an actual goal or challenging content all these distractions are really meaningless.

I’ll be back when summer is over, and see what’s what.

Agreed. I’m still here because I need to pay off my last legendary T_T
Enjoy your summer.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: BBMouse.6510

BBMouse.6510

Hi, dungeons are about grinding/MFing in most games. So in that case what is the best dungeon? I think 10 min run with plenty of roots and minimal death is the best dugeon scenerio imo. That is why cof p1 is popular. Most people like it that way. Or people who have mininal time to spend on the game like it that way. :P

Want challange on dungeons? Some of the dungeon exp paths are like that already so those are your best places. Not enough? Take a break and Anet updates things pretty fast. :P Until then~

Jzl.8715

Enjoy your summer.

I thought you got your legendary quite a while now.

[PLUM] – SOR

swiftpaw.6397

Enjoy your summer.

My second one XD

Jzl.8715

Enjoy your summer.

My second one XD

If you are looking for higher end dungeons especially CoE you can find me, I’m looking into a bolt.

[PLUM] – SOR

swiftpaw.6397

Enjoy your summer.

My second one XD

If you are looking for higher end dungeons especially CoE you can find me, I’m looking into a bolt.

yeh I pretty much live in COE atm, will let you know when we have space, .

(edited by swiftpaw.6397)

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

I think part of the problem is the dungeon-farming mentality brought from other MMOs. You ran dungeons every day for months, of course you’re going to be bored of them. The thing is, in this game, you didn’t need to do that. The entire game is the end game, there’s no need to blitz to max level in GW2, that’s why Southsun Cove is an 80 zone, you can jump right in (it won’t be easy for you, but I just leveled two characters in that place, went from 60-80 and 40-60). I really don’t think these dungeons are meant to be done every single day. You finish the ones you need for armor skins you want, get your achievement, then after that you do it if you want to, not because you have to.

Tarnished Coast