Low Level Dungeons should not be harder than High Level Dungeons

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

As it stands, AC and TA are by far the most frustrating dungeons because of the massive de-level.

They could use a small tweak downward, dontchathink?

Also, TA needs more waypoints, especially one before the Bees. CoF has one at the similar puzzle so why not TA?

Also, TA’s flowers need to be nerfed. At least let scepters one shot them kitten

Posted by: Plunder.8195

Plunder.8195

I think if the TA flowers stopped respawning, the fun level of TA would increase ten fold :P

At least make them stop respawning where I stand >.<

Some thought provoking quote

Posted by: Inverse.8479

Inverse.8479

the dungeons are already easy enough as it is… why do you want to make them stupidly easier?

Plunder.8195

Not easier, just less tedious/frustrating.

Posted by: BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

BaconCatTheGreasy.9542

Because they aren’t “easy”?

The Bees in TA for example. There is no reason for them to not have a waypoint before it. It’s just needlessly frustrating.

Posted by: Inverse.8479

Inverse.8479

you can just have 1 person run the bees at a time and you can rez them as long as you dont get revealed

proper dodges wont get you killed in ac – just learn the mechanics and you’ll see how easy the dungeons are

flowers? bring condition removal or just kill them outright

Plunder.8195

flowers? bring condition removal or just kill them outright

The main problem for me is that they respawn where I stand, and go off before I have chance to kill them.

And my condition removal skill has a rather long cooldown =(

Posted by: Shendelzare.3196

Shendelzare.3196

I agree that the first dungeons a player comes across are frustrating because the learning curve is high. I definitely agree, volatile blossoms need a change.

In response to Inverse’s comment: I am tired of people that consider any changes to the current content as making the dungeons “too easy”. Taking out unnecessarily frustrating parts of the game to make it more fun is a good thing.

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

Also, TA’s flowers need to be nerfed. At least let scepters one shot them kitten

Completely disagree. A lot of people see the flowers as a bad thing, but only the true strategists and veterans know the real utility of the volatile blossoms. :P

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: Edenwolf.6328

Edenwolf.6328

AC, the first dungeon, is rediculously harder then CoF, I find this mind boggling.

Alistat the White-Guardian, Edenwolf-Thief, Grimtech Jones-Necro Borlis Pass

Posted by: Xyrm.5602

Xyrm.5602

Completely disagree. A lot of people see the flowers as a bad thing, but only the true strategists and veterans know the real utility of the volatile blossoms. :P

There is no strategy to them. I’ve aquired over a thousand TA tokens, and they are a needless hassle. The only people who can clear them reasonably are staff guardians and shortbow thieves.

My Stealthy Thief:

http://tinyurl.com/adjw3ww

Posted by: Dead.7385

Dead.7385

AC/TA are easy dungeons. They just suck the first time and that goes for most any dungeon to be honest.

Speaking mostly on TA.

TA flowers provide something no other dungeon has – easy super fast repsawning instant rally tools. Couple that with CC removal and you have tons of “lives” during the wurm fight. TBH I don’t even slot CC removal anymore aside from my trait that will auto do it if I have 2 conditions on me (unless I am doing F/F that is).

I do agree that the Bee’s need a waypoint though – for anyone that disagrees go do CoE explorable (Lvl 80 dungeon) which has a trap similar (instant death) has a nice WP set up RIGHT there. That’s how all traps should be handled. Also remove the armor penalty as any sane dungeon runner just strips themselves before doing these.

:Edit -

There is no strategy to them. I’ve aquired over a thousand TA tokens, and they are a needless hassle. The only people who can clear them reasonably are staff guardians and shortbow thieves.

Thats really the only thing about the flowers that suck – certain classes are better at clearing. BTW you missed Axe ranger as it bounces between blooms like crazy making it tons easier to run though (I PuG with my brothers ranger all the time).

(edited by Dead.7385)

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

That would be true if they were not bugged.

I play a warrior. I can kill flowers with the longbow, a weapon I normally don’t use. The rifle won’t hit them – flowers that are obscured for the rifle are killable with the bow even though I don’t change position.

So I bring an extra bow that I bought for TA only.

And while elementalists, thieves, rangers or anyone with a “bouncing” attack have an easy time clearing the flowers, I have to shoot every one of them on its own. And because arrows take a tiny bit to reach their target, while one of them would kill a flower, the second is already on its way before the flower’s dead. So for me, it takes 2 GCDs to kill one flower.

But wait, there’s more!

Aside from the bow, there’s one reliable way to kill a flower: Sword ability 2 lets me jump on it and kill it before it’s triggered. Of course, the flower right next to the one I jumped on will be triggered. And what did I not mention as a reliable means to kill flowers? Exactly!

In downed state, flowers are almost always “obstructed” for me. Just as with the rifle, flowers that I should be able to hit are obscured most of the time. Easy rally? Yea, with a class for which the flowers are not completely, utterly bugged maybe.

I hate them with a vengence.

(edited by phooka.4295)

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

“Over a thousand TA tokens” (emphasis on the quotation marks) and not once did you see the utility of the volatile blossoms? Wow. You never learned then.

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

Posted by: StevieMJH.9105

StevieMJH.9105

Disagree. AC is ezpz. TA is rough when you have bad people with you but if you run it more than 4 times you get the gist quite quickly.

I do agree, however, that TA needs SO many more waypoints. There is no reason why I should have to run three miles to get back to a spot that instakills me if I misstep. Also lower spawn rates of blossoms. No other nerf is necessary.