Luipcus Solo questions

Luipcus Solo questions

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: deWord.3182

deWord.3182

Hi there!

I’ve got a some questions for you experianced soloists out there:

1. how do you stop lupi from spawning bubles on you? I thogut it was that if you leap to him its enoug, but some how it doesnt work allways.

2. (i know this is more a question for the class subforums) can you thiefs share youre builds and tips for lupi, i wanna try something else then warior and the thief s/p style looks like a cool fight to me.

Apologies for my speling and what not, i aint english.

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

1. Stand close enough to him so that you’re almost touching his red ring but not quite pushing him.

2. Luke would probably be better suited to answer this than me.

[DnT]

Luipcus Solo questions

deWord.3182

1. Stand close enough to him so that you’re almost touching his red ring but not quite pushing him.

yeh i know that, the domes are only a problem when he does his “big aoe” (whne lupi lifts up in the air) and i need to leap to him that part is allways kida dodgy for me. i eather eviterate or gs rush to him, but sometimse he domes me anyway :P, and i dont understand why.

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

yeh i know that, the domes are only a problem when he does his “big aoe” (whne lupi lifts up in the air) and i need to leap to him that part is allways kida dodgy for me. i eather eviterate or gs rush to him, but sometimse he domes me anyway :P, and i dont understand why.

Learn the safe distance from when he lands that it won’t knock you down. Stand right there when he is on his way down. So once he touches down you charge right in. I’m guessing you are standing at the circles edge, waiting for him to land. Then charging which may get you caught in “no man’s land”, thus causing bubbles.

So… Start moving closer while he is about to touchdown, so you can charge the last bit.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Jon.3752

Jon.3752

That part can be kinda tough, immediately when he lands you have to get right back into position. Even if you’ve done it a hundred times you can still screw up sometimes and get bubbled.

Also check out this video for the thief tips: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPSbpONmjjE

Dryten ~ [DnT] ~ Blackgate

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

Use the trait Furious Speed (II) in the Arms line. It gives you perma swiftness and what you give up for it isn’t much. Having swiftness always up makes it so that you can always get back to lupi before he domes you after aoe lifesteals.

[DnT]

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Pretty keen for Thief tips, after so many face plants it’s become my favourite class to fight him on.
That video isn’t available in my country…. Right….

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

(edited by Dolan.3071)

Luipcus Solo questions

Posted by: Luke.2643

Luke.2643

That video isn’t available in my country…. Right….

Hm that’s strange, youtube didn’t say that when I uploaded it :/ anyway, this should be visible (it’s also a bit faster):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnuu0Sd42Lc

For the OP:
You can check out the description of the video above for traits/equipment. You’d probably be better off with Practiced Tolerance instead of Critical Haste unless you’re going for a speedkill (Critical Haste could actually get you killed if you dont pay attention and quickness is applied when you’re using whitdraw).
Also, while practicing shadowstep would probably be better than haste, for an extra panic button when needed.
Offhand pistol isn’t really useful unless you are not comfortable with having many locusts around yet and are still getting used to how to move around to avoid getting hit by them.
Sword can be great in all phases to get in and out of melee range to avoid kicks/swipes/phase 2 aoe/barrages/aoe lifesteel, domes (you name it), but with practice you may want to use d/d as much as possible for the superior single target damage and perma poison to trigger the +10% modifier (and Wild strike coupled with Feline Grace will give you all the endurance you may ever need).

(edited by Luke.2643)

Luipcus Solo questions

deWord.3182

Ty guys for the tircks&tips replyes. The Furious Speed really helps. Now to try it on thief