Lupi's kick

Lupi's kick

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Sad Tas.2509

Sad Tas.2509

How do people deal with this? This is his only move that kittens me up every time. No noticeable (imo) telegraphed wind-up or anything. I stay right on top of him in melee, help please.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Really the best way to avoid it is to just pay attention to his attack patterns and be able to anticipate when he’s going to do it. He’ll usually follow a pattern that will be established at the beginning of the fight where he either cycles through his 3 moves, or alternates between each of the other two with a kick.

That, or have REALLY quick reflexes.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

How do people deal with this? This is his only move that kittens me up every time. No noticeable (imo) telegraphed wind-up or anything. I stay right on top of him in melee, help please.

There is a little telegraph, he sort of does a little wind-up before the kick itself but sometimes latency is an issue so you have to feel it.

There is a certain behaviour with his target and how he locks on to a person before kicking, so you could move a little left or right.

This might help, he usually does kick>locust/grub>kick>locust/grub. Sometimes he does kick>locust AND grub.

He rarely double kicks, like “i think it may have bugged/reset his rotations” rare; almost never happens but it can happen.

Other people may have better ways with pointing out the tells.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Lupi's kick

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

I like watching for his right hand. It moves forward just before he kicks. Watching his right hand is also useful for his uppercut move in phase 2. For the uppercut, his right hand moves waaaay back, then bang!

Edit: Review some solo videos on Youtube. Watch for a kick, then replay those 5 seconds a few times over just so that you can pick out the tell without stressing yourself about dodging it. Then you can go back in game and test yourself out.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Intuneric.7652

Intuneric.7652

As a warrior its really easy since f1 restores adrenaline and so you’ll always have enough to waste some extra dodges. He did another animation than the kick? Then expect his next attack to be a kick. Wait a few seconds and just dodge backwards.
That way you wont even need reflexes. Say you dodged too early – but since you dodged backwards you’ll have enough distance to not get hit by the kick
Say you dodged but he didnt kicked – np just use f1 to restore endurance and dodge backwards again after 5 seconds. A bit hard at first but after enough hours of practice you can almost feel that kick coming ^ But until then your best bet is to dodge preventively

(edited by Intuneric.7652)

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I like watching for his right hand. It moves forward just before he kicks. Watching his right hand is also useful for his uppercut move in phase 2. For the uppercut, his right hand moves waaaay back, then bang!

Edit: Review some solo videos on Youtube. Watch for a kick, then replay those 5 seconds a few times over just so that you can pick out the tell without stressing yourself about dodging it. Then you can go back in game and test yourself out.

I think Sam has a youtube video which demonstrates how to avoid the kick. Its length is under a minute.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Sanderinoa.8065

Sanderinoa.8065

I think Sam has a youtube video which demonstrates how to avoid the kick. Its length is under a minute.

he made that to prove that he could, also, I actually have a massive outdated lupicus guide everyone keeps forgetting about too…

I go over the kick here:
http://youtu.be/O7JdtnH6xQc?t=13m25s

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]
Retaliate is recruiting. again!
Fancy a Read? Extensive PvE Mesmer Guide

Lupi's kick

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

Like others have said, there is a rhythm to his attacks. If you have latency you can familiarize yourself with when you think he’ll kick and dodge in advance. If you’re latency is low it’s quite easy to see the tell and dodge accordingly, assuming you’re not double clicking for dodge. I personally watch for him to slightly crouch.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Grok Krog.9581

Grok Krog.9581

Feel. Don’t think. Use your senses

Grok Walking Amongst Mere Mortals

Lupi's kick

Iris Ng.9845

he made that to prove that he could, also, I actually have a massive outdated lupicus guide everyone keeps forgetting about too…

I go over the kick here:

I know, lol. I just don’t have a heart to bring that up and tease him again. His vid is quite short and replayable. It would help burn that animation into the mind.

On the other hand, your guide is incredible, Sandy. I never knew about it until you pinged it up.

Edit: OMG!!! Did I see what I just saw??? Mesmer and his Gsword... × . x

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

(edited by Iris Ng.9845)

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

Best thing while you are learning in a group that I have found is to make sure he is never facing you, that way when he turns in your direction you can expect a kick any second. The double kick is very very rare but it can happen so if you are playing a particularly squishy class don’t assume that since he just kicked his next move will be to breathe locusts.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Lupi's kick

Sanderinoa.8065

I go over the kick here:

I know, lol. I just don’t have a heart to bring that up and tease him again. His vid is quite short and replayable. It would help burn that animation into the mind.

On the other hand, your guide is incredible, Sandy. I never knew about it until you pinged it up.

Edit: OMG!!! Did I see what I just saw??? Mesmer and his Gsword... × . x

and thats why it says its outdated >_> dont judge me, this was before so many things

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

#Confessions

I bought a lovestruck greatsword skin for my Mesmer.

:x

Anyway, Lupi’s kick. Didn’t someone say they experienced a triple Lupi kick once? Dat RNG!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Dramen Maidria.1034

Dramen Maidria.1034

#Confessions

Anyway, Lupi’s kick. Didn’t someone say they experienced a triple Lupi kick once? Dat RNG!

As long as you use it in melee range. Someone had a triple kick? That’s just mean, Lupi.

Dramen Maidria
Knights of ARES, Dragonbrand
Good times, good memories

Lupi's kick

Lilith Ajit.6173

#Confessions

As long as you use it in melee range. Someone had a triple kick? That’s just mean, Lupi.

Yeah, I don’t remember who! X.x

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?

Lupi's kick

laharl.8435

#Confessions

I think Mexican Cookie. I’ve seen double kick many times, never seen the triple (I think, I seem to play half asleep a lot).

Side note, the rarest thing I’ve ever seen. The lonely undead zerker everyone runs past going into the room before lupi. He’s just after the Hunter with trash mob pack. That zerker was once an illusionist.

(edited by laharl.8435)

Lupi's kick

Sanderinoa.8065

#Confessions

yup it was cookie, and gs in melee is only okay at lupi :P she didnt specify what she bought the skin for

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Lupi's kick

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

You can increase the chance of double or triple kicks by chilling lupi i believe.

Lupi's kick

Iris Ng.9845

Clearly she bought the skin for… the skin itself. It is a glorious fashion statement.
Out of curiousity, why is ‘gs in melee is only okay at lupi :P’?

@Spoj: I wonder why? I do have a tendency to chill him whenever I need an extra heal. Does it mean I’m taking a risk? :\

Lupi's kick

Lilith Ajit.6173

Clearly she bought the skin for… the skin itself. It is a glorious fashion statement.

This is exactly right.

[ARES]

Lupi's kick

Sanderinoa.8065

@Spoj: I wonder why? I do have a tendency to chill him whenever I need an extra heal. Does it mean I’m taking a risk? :\

gs is only okay at lupicus on melee because he misses with his projectiles in melee range, but in a normal situation, IF you MUST run gs, its better not to stand in front melee range as you get half the damage from aa’s

Delvert/Sanderinoa [rT]

Lupi's kick

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I wouldnt worry about it unless you are perma chilling. This is pure speculation but I believe its because the kick doesnt have a cooldown so it isnt effected by chill. But the grub and spawn locust moves both have their cooldown increased while lupi is chilled. So theres a larger gap between those moves which means lupi is more likely to have time to fit 2 or 3 kicks inbetween.

Lupi's kick

laharl.8435

#Confessions

I think Mexican Cookie. I’ve seen double kick many times, never seen the triple (I think, I seem to play half asleep a lot).

Side note, the rarest thing I’ve ever seen. The lonely undead zerker everyone runs past going into the room before lupi. He’s just after the Hunter with trash mob pack. That zerker was once an illusionist.

Now that I think of it. I think I was with Cookie when the zerker was an illusionist because I’m pretty sure I remember him saying he’d seen it before. Maybe his account is bugged for weird crap to happen. I think DeKeys was there too.

Lupi's kick

Lilith Ajit.6173

Weeeeird

But very very interesting

[ARES]

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

#Confessions

I’ve had one before!!

I was so mad when the double kick happened, but laughed at the third. I didn’t even die, which is the funny part rofl. I got hit by the second kick, but evaded the third because when I whirlwinded into the wall it somehow had me fly off to the side a little bit so I was out of the hitbox

Lupi's kick

Iris Ng.9845

Lupi's kick

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

#Confessions

Now that I think of it. I think I was with Cookie when the zerker was an illusionist because I’m pretty sure I remember him saying he’d seen it before. Maybe his account is bugged for weird crap to happen. I think DeKeys was there too.

I’ve seen it at least once before as well. Some people from my guild have as well.
I was under the impression that anyone who did arah enough eventually had the uber rare illusionist/berserker wake up on his illusionist side of the bed on a particular run.

Also, it would have been infinitely hilarious if he actually used “Kick” utility after lupi fails his in that video.

(edited by MagicSlurpees.4851)

Lupi's kick

Posted by: noobgood.8762

noobgood.8762

I think I’ve experienced something even more rare once. When I was still a scrub playing warrior trying to solo Arah, I died to an Orrian Turret (the 3rd one after you jump down). I respawned, went back – to my surprise all turrets+the Abominations were gone and the Lupi gate was opened.

Lupi's kick

Iris Ng.9845

#Confessions

I’ve seen it at least once before as well. Some people from my guild have as well.
I was under the impression that anyone who did arah enough eventually had the uber rare illusionist/berserker wake up on his illusionist side of the bed on a particular run.

Also, it would have been infinitely hilarious if he actually used “Kick” utility after lupi fails his in that video.

He did! In the video.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: MagicSlurpees.4851

MagicSlurpees.4851

#Confessions

He did! In the video.

OMG! Lulz. I noobed and assumed that CD’d skill was FGJ.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

I’ve also seen illusionist spawning instead of the berserker before.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

Yeah, Level 82 Illusionists are pretty OP.

Anyway, as for evading the kick I just do it reactional. When practising necro solo with no endurance food and no energy sigils, I simply wasn’t allowed to do one single unnecessary dodge. After all, it was good practise and helped a lot to prevent getting dubble kicked.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Watch his right hand, he moves it (I believe drops it a bit) right before kicking.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

He crutches a bit so he “moves” both hands.
Illusionists are using their right arm to summon the chaos storm, though

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Lupi's kick

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

#Confessions

Yea, was me. I’ve seen that illusionist at least one other time before on EU servers, Dub was prob there (#memory). I’ve seen there be nothing there multiple times though

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

(edited by The Mexican Cookie.3690)