Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: GoD Obelisk.3057

GoD Obelisk.3057

Im a poor man, 7g is expensive to me since i am pretty tight on gold rn. Now that we have that out of the way.

Lets say i do him on guard. P1/2 is easy mode. P3 is where my problems begin. I realize this depends largely on rng but basically you need 2 dodges for his life drain. Then the lift and a dodge to get out of his AoE, in case wall is not up. Bubble avoiding i am good/decent at. I know i get shelter, elite and aegis but aegis and elite once used have such long cd’s that they are pretty much 1 time use. And lupi will keep doing his lifedrain/lift which even if i use focus doesnt block it entirely and i try to use sword jump to get out. Run retreat for the extra aegis/swift and save yourselves for fury. I am sure some of you masters have pulled this off. Any advice? Ofc i am running the full zerk build, maybe i can look into making some changes there to help with this. As long as it doesnt take forever im not going for a speedkill time, just to be able to solo him.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Are you running an offhand Focus? If so, you can use it during the life drain to avoid it without having to blow a dodge roll. Additionally, make sure you take the minor trait that provides Vigor on a critical hit so that you get your dodges back as fast as possible. Those are the things that have helped me the most not factoring Energy sigils.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

Use focus 5 for personal life drain. YOu can take one tick of aoe leech and heal, since the heal you get will put you at full life again, and it will be enough for the whole duration. Back when I was practising with scepter I used 4/6/2/1/1 for lupi solo, scepter/focus gs, and it’s quite easy. Basically, dodges+ focus 5 for life drain, elite, heal, aegis and prot for life leech. If you have no cooldowns, using f3 or save yourselves give you protection and allows for a bit of facetanking. Steal on crit food helps.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Like oxtred said, you could switch you build around to have 1 pt in honor for the additional vigor. Maybe you already do that, but try to use your save yourself for the vigor more than for the fury (i.e. don’t use it when you have full endurance or you waste some good vigor). There is still the wall trick, but I won’t comment on it since some could consider it a exploit. It’s still kitten first time you do it.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

p1, dodges will be fine, aegis as a backup.
p2:
Mass AE, Dodge back + Focus5/Shelter/Focused Renewal, I prioritize in that order
Swipe, dodge
p3:
Single target suck, 4 hits, Double dodge or dodge + Focus5/shelter/focused renewal, I’m not sure if you can time shelter to last through all 4 ticks but might be able to and even if not you should have enough hp after to survive a single tick.

Lift, dodge back + Focus5/shelter/focused renewal, if none are up you can double dodge out

Rapid fire, you can put him on the wall to avoid it, or WoR and then dodges/blocks like normal if WoR isn’t up … personally I haven’t gotten him off the wall yet

As oxtred said having 1 in honor is nice for the vigor trait. I think I was doing 66020 with shout recharge and focus recharge traits differing from what Oxtred said above. May not be the best but it worked quite well.

As for Energy sigil, there is a cheaper way, iirc it’s like 4g, assuming you have some skillpoints to throw away (technically you could convert them into gold other ways so it can still be viewed as costing more).
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Courage
craft that + BL salvage kit and you got yourself an energy sigil plus a cool looking skin if you don’t already have it

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Just realize I have never played my guard properly. Me such a scrub

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

oxtred.7658

Yep, I went 4/6/2/1/1 for the protection and regen mainly. Prot helps a lot, and regen is always nice.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Element Two.7316

Element Two.7316

If you time it right you can also leap out of his lift off with GS #3 and avoid all ticks of damage and save 2 dodges/shelter/whatever

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

As already said proper management of dodges + shelter should be enough. You have renewed focus for emergencies and gs3 to escape aoe life drain. Also dont waste a dodge when you are using WoR (i assume thats obvious though).

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

Yeah the vigor is a good idea i was not doing that. Watching save yourself for vigor is a good idea too need to try that. RN i pop it when i get it and my scepter is off cd to get 2 good smites in. Problem is this kitten keeps lifitng in air and i just dont have cd’s to deal with that.

Oh and yeah, ik the wall trick but wanna learn to do him the right way. Trying to not even walk him to the wall.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

sent you two energy sigils bro check your mail

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

People talk about toxic community in this game all the time and there are guys like you. Thanks so much!! Like who does that..people like you never cease to amaze me.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

oxtred.7658

Pretty much every toxic elitist does that.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

Pretty much every toxic elitist does that.

Send 14g worth of stuff to a random person they dont know or have never talked to? We need more “toxic elitists” then.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Jerus.4350

I use to have the pleasure of doing the weekend arah tours with Ivan, Jiyn and Zui. The amount of Energy sigils passed out was impressive

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

I use to have the pleasure of doing the weekend arah tours with Ivan, Jiyn and Zui. The amount of Energy sigils passed out was impressive

For a poor kitten like me and relatively sheltered dungeoning exp that is like someone passing on a fortune to me.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Molch.2078

Molch.2078

Good thing you wrote that, I was about to do the same.

You see, our toxic elitist dungeon community is actually very simple. Come here open minded and ask politely for help – and you get help. Come here and insult us because we can finish dungeons in 1/3 of the time you need or because we dared to call your guardian tank build ineffective – and you get the finger. What goes around, comes around. Good luck with your solos.

(edited by Molch.2078)

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

I’ve bought boxes of exotic meta armor, energy sigils, undead sigils, weapons, food, potions, you name it for students/random pugs that want to get better. We toxic elitists are horrible people, what can I say.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: IvanTheGrey.2941

IvanTheGrey.2941

Good thing you wrote that, I was about to do the same.

You see, our toxic elitist dungeon community is actually very simple. Come here open minded and ask politely for help – and you get help. Come here and insult us because we can finish dungeons in 1/3 of the time you need or because we dared to call your guardian tank build ineffective – and you get the finger. What goes around, comes around. Good luck with your solos.

This is absolutely true. Come in with honest questions and a desire to be better, and we’ll bend over backwards for you. My guildees, friends, and I have given out hundreds of gold worth of stuff to help people out. Spent hours of our time trying to help people be better at dungeons. I used to run an Arah tour on the weekends. There’s a guild dedicated to helping people get better @ dungeons.

We want to help.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Jerus.4350

I’ve bought boxes of exotic meta armor, energy sigils, undead sigils, weapons, food, potions, you name it for students/random pugs that want to get better. We toxic elitists are horrible people, what can I say.

The bolded is really the only requirement to get along great with most of these people, at least my experience.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Such heartwarming toxicity here <3

I’m so glad they didn’t delete our trashcan

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

I did not really think any of you guys were ever toxic. Over the past few days discovering and browsing the forums has increased my knowledge so much. Ive asked 2 questions and both were met with really great responses.Toxic imo would be me asking this question and getting a response like:

Guard is so easy to solo lupi, you suck, delete the game etc..maybe im just coming from a more toxic FPS community.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

oxtred.7658

It’s just that we’re labeled as toxics by the “PHIW” people, because they come and complain about the content they don’t know instead of learning it, when we gave them all the time/ ressources available to learn.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

I feel so warm and fuzzy now. Fo realz.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Lifestealer.4910

Lifestealer.4910

I don’t think its possible to do lupi phase 3 without energy sigil on guardian unless you get ridiculously lucky with RNG or you pin him to wall for a 10 minute phase 3 solo. The problem with guardian in that phase is that most of your blocks are made useless due to multi hit spells so if lupi becomes relentless then he will exhaust all of your defenses rather quickly.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

I don’t think its possible to do lupi phase 3 without energy sigil on guardian unless you get ridiculously lucky with RNG or you pin him to wall for a 10 minute phase 3 solo. The problem with guardian in that phase is that most of your blocks are made useless due to multi hit spells so if lupi becomes relentless then he will exhaust all of your defenses rather quickly.

Not possible? You probably just made some people go…

http://beagamecharacter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Challenge_accepted.png

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

It’s just that we’re labeled as toxics by the “PHIW” people, because they come and complain about the content they don’t know instead of learning it, when we gave them all the time/ ressources available to learn.

I think every person who talks about meta gets a bad rep because of few bad seeds. I have seen some examples firsthand where someone who was very skilled(not gonna deny that) treated the pug as trash because they did not entirely know what they were doing or were just not educated. Sigh, in fact i remember one of my arah p2 runs when i was in the “Whats a lupi” phase of my gw2 career..i asked a question like why not range lupi, i dint know any better, but was told i am a noob and should kitten..so i did lol. Then i later looked up why. Just a lot of PHIW players dont share same kind of patience and retaliate i feel..like i myself could have gone the other route..but did not.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

oxtred.7658

We should get more people like you.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Jerus.4350

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

So much love on the forums! Ya’ll are awesome people.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

Yes. We are awesome.

You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

Not possible? You probably just made some people go…

http://beagamecharacter.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Challenge_accepted.png

On topic tho, someone, anyone gonna do this? I wanna see

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Jeremlloyd.6837

Jeremlloyd.6837

You don’t need energy sigils for Lupi’s phase 3 on guardian if you have the vigor trait (a mace can help too for the additional block). I did have to solo it for pugs a few times and I don’t have any evergy sigils on my guardian. Also if you want a decent phase 3 you can just wall him when you have your WoR on cd and push it off wall when it comes off cd until he does the barrage attack.

(edited by Jeremlloyd.6837)

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

spoj.9672

Many of the guard solo records were without energy sigils.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: Zui.9245

Zui.9245

AFAIK those were done on the wall, though. The OP is asking about off wall.

I’d actually love to see an off wall guardian solo record, if one exists.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: dboylolz.3916

dboylolz.3916

AFAIK those were done on the wall, though. The OP is asking about off wall.

I’d actually love to see an off wall guardian solo record, if one exists.

Uhm, actually most older Guardian records were done offwall in P3 to try continuosly triggering Rapid Fire. Just check out some of the ones way back when Notrigger and Goku were going at it.

EDIT: and P1 and P2 hardly matters if it’s offwall or not.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: royc.5036

royc.5036

Gee so kind of you ppl to give out energy sigils. Mind giving me some too? I waste too much gold on the mystic forge :O

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

spoj.9672

Also keep in mind being on wall has nothing to do with it. You can trigger rapid fires on the wall aswell. And you can do no rapidfire offwall solos aswell.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

Also keep in mind being on wall has nothing to do with it. You can trigger rapid fires on the wall aswell. And you can do no rapidfire offwall solos aswell.

Trigger rapid fire? I did not know this was something that a player could consciously do. I followed Dnt brazil’s guide to lupi and dont remember him mentioning something like that unless i just totally missed it. Any pointers on how this is accomplished.

Also on another note, his 1 person life drain, if you are in a party situation i know its not a big deal but is there a way to tell who it is aimed at? Always waste 1 dodge on it.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Zui.9245

I see that one of Goku’s solos from back then on Guardian is off the wall. Looks like he used no Energy sigils and traited for vigor. Cool. It looks like NoTrigger’s solo is entirely on wall, though.

@Obelisk, if you step away from Lupicus when he’s on the wall (still remaining in the no-bubble zone, but within the rapid-fire zone) you can get him to rapid fire. If you’re doing on-wall with a Guardian, you should do this if solo when you have WoR off cooldown to bait out his rapid fires for massive damage.

I have absolutely no idea how one would manage to not trigger the attack at all while off the wall, though. Unless Spoj is talking about using some of the elevated terrain in there to essentially have the same situation as ‘on wall’, but technically without the wall, in which case, that’s really easy.

As for the life drain, you can get an idea who it’s on by watching the direction he is facing (even subtle angles of it). With enough practice, you can fairly accurately determine if it could be on you or not. If it could be on you, burn that dodge and see if you get evade frames. Otherwise, don’t.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: No Pulse.2967

No Pulse.2967

I have absolutely no idea how one would manage to not trigger the attack at all while off the wall, though. Unless Spoj is talking about using some of the elevated terrain in there to essentially have the same situation as ‘on wall’, but technically without the wall, in which case, that’s really easy.

It can be achieved by constant pushing (although it’s a questionable tactic imo).

Inactive member in Dark Renegatus [REN]
The Order of Calamity [OOC] is recruiting!
5/8 Champion titles

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

Trigger rapid fire? I did not know this was something that a player could consciously do. I followed Dnt brazil’s guide to lupi and dont remember him mentioning something like that unless i just totally missed it. Any pointers on how this is accomplished.

Also on another note, his 1 person life drain, if you are in a party situation i know its not a big deal but is there a way to tell who it is aimed at? Always waste 1 dodge on it.

He seems to stick with the same person throughout phase 3 for that attack, from what I’ve seen. I usually just assume someone else has it, and tank the first hit if I’m wrong.

(Edit: But I’m usually on a thief, so (a) usually he is focusing someone else, since squishy classes seem to not take his aggro as easily, and (b) healing is part of my phase 3 rotation, so a little damage isn’t a big deal. Also, I’ve heard that he targets whoever is farthest away with the single-target lifesteal, and also seems to switch to anyone who goes into down state.)

He’ll face the player he’s targeting with it, but when everyone is stacked against the wall, well…yeah.

(edited by dlonie.6547)

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

spoj.9672

The attacks are triggered at certain ranges. You simply need to control where you are standing in correspondance with lupi to manipulate what attacks he can and cant do. However doing an offwall solo and preventing rapid fires will mean you will push him around the arena a bit. Which can be a dps loss for some classes.

You can see here in Dubs last guardian solo that he controlled when lupi used rapid fire by adjusting his position. And he did this on the wall. Basically moving away slightly when WoR was off cooldown and then moving in closer while it was on cooldown. A prime example of fully manipulating the boss to the players advantage.

(edited by spoj.9672)

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

The attacks are triggered at certain ranges. You simply need to control where you are standing in correspondance with lupi to manipulate what attacks he can and cant do. However doing an offwall solo and preventing rapid fires will mean you will push him around the arena a bit. Which can be a dps loss for some classes.

You can see here in Dubs last guardian solo that he controlled when lupi used rapid fire by adjusting his position. And he did this on the wall. Basically moving away slightly when WoR was off cooldown and then moving in closer while it was on cooldown. A prime example of fully manipulating the boss to the players advantage.

So much balls here I cant even. i would have used my shelter right away probably because i know i would kitten up. Such a long way to go i have.

Thanks for all the advice guys, i will try to see if i can master triggering his rapid fire.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

I see that one of Goku’s solos from back then on Guardian is off the wall. Looks like he used no Energy sigils and traited for vigor. Cool. It looks like NoTrigger’s solo is entirely on wall, though.

@Obelisk, if you step away from Lupicus when he’s on the wall (still remaining in the no-bubble zone, but within the rapid-fire zone) you can get him to rapid fire. If you’re doing on-wall with a Guardian, you should do this if solo when you have WoR off cooldown to bait out his rapid fires for massive damage.

As for the life drain, you can get an idea who it’s on by watching the direction he is facing (even subtle angles of it). With enough practice, you can fairly accurately determine if it could be on you or not. If it could be on you, burn that dodge and see if you get evade frames. Otherwise, don’t.

Can i get a link please? Tried searching guardian lupi solo could not find it.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Zui.9245

Lupi is coaxed off the wall shortly after he goes into phase 3. Obviously, there isn’t really any difference (other than slightly less locusts) for phase 1/2 on wall versus off wall.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

Lupi is coaxed off the wall shortly after he goes into phase 3. Obviously, there isn’t really any difference (other than slightly less locusts) for phase 1/2 on wall versus off wall.

Thank you, guess anyone with name goku just has to be a god.

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

Posted by: NoTrigger.8396

NoTrigger.8396

phase 2: use 1 dodge roll and 1 block for the aoe when your wor isnt ready.
phase 3: use double dodge or dodge + block for the single target lifeleech and dodge + leap of faith for the lifeleech aoe. make sure your camera is in a horizontal angle when you use leap of faith because camera angle will affect the range of your leap.

no energy sigil needed

[qT] Quantify

Lupi w/o sigil of energy

GoD Obelisk.3057

make sure your camera is in a horizontal angle when you use leap of faith because camera angle will affect the range of your leap.

:O i did not know this. Thanks for the tip.