Lupicus

Lupicus

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Demus.4860

Demus.4860

Hey just a quick question about Lupi to you guys: When you melee him how do you deal with the “melee swipe” attack? Our party got kicked and swiped like 8 times during meleeing him today.

What’s the best way to deal with this? More dps? More block/stability? Is there some way to make him not use it? Are you just supposed to dodge all of them ?

Appreciate any help because I really enjoy doing Lupi in melee (did it melee yesterday and he only kicked/swiped in 1st phase, not sure what we did differently)

Lupicus

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

the kick in phase 1 has about half a second for you to react. The wind up is really subtle as well. Use aegis just in case you miss the dodge. In phase 2 I dodge as soon as he raises his right arm, that has always worked. I don’t recommended using aegis on that because you will still get the bleed stacks even if you block it. There is no melee attack in phase 3 except for the aoe lifesteal and frenzied blast.

Oceanic [LOD]

Lupicus

Demus.4860

But the main problem seemed to be that he just kept kicking over and over, when he was at 50% he had kicked like 9 or 10 times in 30 seconds. Is he really supposed to do it that often ? It felt like we were doing something wrong because yesterday he kicked like maybe 4 times in the same amount of time, just seemed weird.

Lupicus

Wukunlin.8461

wut, I watched a guildie trying to solo him over and over again last night and he only kicked people in phase one (usually after every second animation but can be random) as he always has. You either had a buggy lupi or we have different definitions on kicks o_O

Oceanic [LOD]

Lupicus

Demus.4860

I guess it might’ve been a bug then, we used feedback for the AoE circles and right after he did like a swipe that killed our entire party in one shot. Our builds werent obviously optimal speedrun builds because he had 50% left after first feedback but I had never seen that happen before.

Edit: Oh I read what you wrote in your first post and I guess we should’ve dodged that melee swipe, but he did it twice during the 2nd phase. Before AoE circles that we blocked with Aegis and after too.

(edited by Demus.4860)

Lupicus

Posted by: cifer.2357

cifer.2357

If you’re referring to the phase 2 swipe attack (I call it the kitten slap) then you need to either side-strafe it or dodge it. The reason why he swiped you quite a lot in the fight was because all of your party members were melee-ing him. If all party members are in melee range, he doesn’t shadowstep to targets so the only other moves available to him are the single target/AOE projectiles and the swipe.

Lupicus

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

and if you melee him, don’t all stand in front of him

Lupicus

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Only cowards attack others from behind.

Oh, and thieves as well.

Lupicus

Posted by: Chryzo.8906

Chryzo.8906

well, I can’t be called a coward, he is usually facing me but that is the fault of my groups. They all die leaving me all alone

Lupicus

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

The swipe is easy enough to dodge. If his right arm moves, mash buttons. The only moves he will do in melee that don’t have a huge telegraph are the kick in P1 and the Messatsu Gohadou in P3. The latter gives you enough time to react to the circles, at least, although you probably will take a bit of damage.

Lupicus

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Messatsu Gohadou? Rapidfire?
BTT: He can’t swipe 10 times in 30 seconds.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Lupicus

haviz.1340

Hyperbole, like saying you can get 40s of retalation through blast finishers. Don’t be meticulous.

Lupicus

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The swipe is really slow. Just walk behind him.

Lupicus

haviz.1340

You mean run.

Lupicus

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I take my time. I will not run from lupi!

Lupicus

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I usually just range him and he never does those attacks.

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

Lupicus

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Scary to see his head from inside. Not to mention that dancemove.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Lupicus

haviz.1340

Oh, didn’t know you play chronomancer. Official test?

Lupicus

Wukunlin.8461

Definitely the scariest thing I’ve seen in any video games.

Oceanic [LOD]