Lupicus 46 Second Speed Kill

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Speaking of lupi, I havent seen a “Nerf GL please” thread in a while. Suprising

Why would you see them? You can kill lupi in less than 15s with random group composition (yes, even engies, necros and rangers).

Posted by: TheMaskedParadigm.3629

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Speaking of lupi, I havent seen a “Nerf GL please” thread in a while. Suprising

Why would you see them? You can kill lupi in less than 15s with random group composition (yes, even engies, necros and rangers).

Less than than 15 seconds?

Brazil
Youtube Channel – http://www.youtube.com/t3llularman

haviz.1340

Naturally.

Posted by: Broadicea.8294

Broadicea.8294

Didn’t you hear? Rob is now on the Dying Story team.

Canach’s lair. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Sweet, can’t wait to finish that in 10 minutes and never go there again!

Retired. Too many casuals.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Naturally.

I don’t even see how this is possible considering he spends close to 10 seconds being invulnerable between phase 1 – 2 and 2 – 3. Maybe I’m misunderstanding you somewhere.

Brazil

haviz.1340

I don’t even see how this is possible considering he spends close to 10 seconds being invulnerable between phase 1 – 2 and 2 – 3. Maybe I’m misunderstanding you somewhere.

You are not misunderstanding anything. If you want to gain insight just send me PM. Also, you can skip from p1 straight to p3 or just don’t get p3 at all so he’d be invulnerable only for 6s.

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

We trio’ed him in 18 seconds.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Rather than pm this info, I’m rather curious.
How is he taken down so fast with a multitude of different classes that aren’t warriors/mesmers ?

Dub.1273

Dat condition…

Dub | [rT]

haviz.1340

Some people are able to squeeze out maximum dps of other proffesions than warrior.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Some people are also able to exploit him. All of the videos DnT will ever make where we kill him will be legit.

Brazil

haviz.1340

It’s about using same thing you were using during one of your speed run and there’s no exploit involved.

Skip phase 2 = doing enough damage.

(edited by haviz.1340)

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Have you got a video that I can watch where you do your particular method to beat him?

Brazil

haviz.1340

I have, but it’s private. Send me PM with your youtube account name and I’ll share it, though it’s distorted so you won’t know how exactly it was done.

Dub.1273

Haviz has pro skript-editing skills.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Iures.2894

Iures.2894

I have, but it’s private. Send me PM with your youtube account name and I’ll share it, though it’s distorted so you won’t know how exactly it was done.

And this is why I take DnT so much more seriously than I will ever take DS’s claims. . .

haviz.1340

I’m not the part of DS, only reason I know Dub is because we are in other guild (which Strife actualy was a member of)

Iures.2894

I’m not the part of DS, only reason I know Dub is because we are in other guild (which Strife actualy was a member of)

Fine, the reason I’ll respect DnT more than your group. >_>

haviz.1340

I don’t have any solid group and I’m not a part of any speedrunning guild so there’s no group you could no-respect at all. Also, if I ever cared about public opinion I would actually publish clips, don’t you think so?

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

I’m sure killing him in 15 seconds isn’t an exploit at all.

I’m sure.

Very sure.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

Dub.1273

Oooooh theese claims.

Edit: Oooooh theese unproven claims.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim not on the skeptic.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

Iures.2894

The burden of proof lies with the person making the claim not on the skeptic.

Don’t bother. They’ve yet to back up any of their claims with actual evidence, even when pressed for it.

Broadicea.8294

Fraps or it didn’t happen.

Ever wonder why UFO videos are always so fuzzy?

Dub.1273

Just because i said that we duo ac in 7 minutes. So much of a claim since i already did a 6 minute solo. Well, you know what the good thing is? We can continue those with getting reward ingame, even if you all doubt.

Dub | [rT]

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

Just because i said that we duo ac in 7 minutes. So much of a claim since i already did a 6 minute solo. Well, you know what the good thing is? We can continue those with getting reward ingame, even if you all doubt.

We can keep making videos of legit strategies that everyone can see and get the same rewards as you. I don’t see how that argument carries any weight.

Brazil

Posted by: Takato.4976

Takato.4976

Still waiting for that 15sec strategy/vid/whatever.

Not accusing anyone of anything, but to claim something like this requires some type of explanation.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I’ve seen the video. There are a few visible crits that appear on the screen that hit Lupicus for 72,000 damage, along with one that hits for about 800 or so. They’ve only got 3 people in the party and it appears they down him in around 20 seconds, although the screen is zoomed in super far to where you can’t see the party UI, people that are in the group, or what abilities are being used.

Brazil

haviz.1340

I’m sure killing him in 15 seconds isn’t an exploit at all.

I’m sure.

Very sure.

Few weeks back someone would have said same thing about your record. Don’t let it bother you, I don’t compete with your guild at all. I’m just saying it’s possible.

Like I said, it was achieved similiarly to the one speedkill of one of the boss in one of your video guide.

(edited by haviz.1340)

haviz.1340

I already reported that bug. You used one bug in your guide, I used one here. Anet said it’s gonna look into it.

TheMaskedParadigm.3629

I already reported that bug. You used one bug in your guide, I used one here. Anet said it’s gonna look into it.

Which bug did we use exactly? I would very much like you to specify.

Brazil

haviz.1340

You can’t mention any specific exploits/bugs on forums. I already got way too many infractions for that.

Dub.1273

We can keep making videos of legit strategies that everyone can see and get the same rewards as you. I don’t see how that argument carries any weight.

That means that it doesn’t mean anything to us if you believe not. And unless we go for a good time we do it 99,9% legit, even if you can’t imagine that few people are doing faster than your guild. DnT is great and i apreciate your guides very much, strife’s lupicus guide has actually helped me most when i did my first lupi solos. But if you would focus on 1-2 dungeons, like we do, you would get you times down a lot, just as we did.

Dub | [rT]

(edited by Dub.1273)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

Dont see what you have to gain from hiding “strategies” from people lol.

Dub.1273

Because Anet logic is: “as long as the majority of the playerbase is super-slow at making money nothing needs to be changed.” iirc their answer to a report of the 5 Minute Arah Path 3 Bug was: feel free to use it as long as it doesnt get public. The only place that they apparenty dont want to be fixed is CoF.

Dub | [rT]

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

You can’t mention any specific exploits/bugs on forums. I already got way too many infractions for that.

Oh so it is an exploit.

Death and Taxes [DnT]

spoj.9672

Does it matter? I repeat once again, it’s very easy to understand, in one of your video you had used similiar one. Did it matter until anet fixed it?

They are obviously unaware that they have used an exploit. Ive watched all their vids and cant say i notice any exploit. Please do enlighten us.

haviz.1340

How hard is to understand the rules of those forums? Please do read them.

spoj.9672

If its been fixed surely you can mention it. If not pm me.

Dub.1273

“knock, knock, knock”. Ohwait, that wasn’t the door?

Dub | [rT]

haviz.1340

In your later posts you finally admitted to it since you’re talking about anet potentially fixing this if it was made known public. It very much is an exploit and as such not something that could possibly considered a legit record.

Have I, for once, said anything about beating anyone’s record? I’ve said it’s possible to do in less than 15 seconds and I did in fact reported it as soon as it was achieved. Please, don’t make me repeat myself, I tried to explain that very straightforward, yet there are people here who can’t grasp simple ideas.

Once again, it was a mere statement that it is possible to do without flexing. If I ever wanted to beat anyone’s time I would do that with filled party.

Broadicea.8294

Few weeks back someone would have said same thing about your record. Don’t let it bother you, I don’t compete with your guild at all. I’m just saying it’s possible.

Like I said, it was achieved similiarly to the one speedkill of one of the boss in one of your video guide.

Are you perhaps talking about the ~10s TA Malrona kill due to the poison damage multiplier? That’s the only thing I can imagine you’re referring to from DnT’s videos. And I’m not sure that’s a bug, although it is weird as hell since there are no hints that it should work that way.

Personally if I had found some glitch to kill Lupi in 20 seconds I’d show folks with an explanation. Especially since you did bug report it, typically the best way to get Anet to actually fix something is to publicize it. Look at what happened with the necro “1/3rd HP in downed state” bug, people were trying to bring it to Anet for months but until there was incontrovertible video proof they basically blew it off.

As far as getting in trouble for sharing it as a strategy, I think Anet would be totally in the wrong for coming down on you. It’s not like 20 versus 60 seconds makes or breaks the dungeon. Lupi isn’t the keystone of Arah runs. It’s the kittenty trash runs with no waypoints.

(edited by Broadicea.8294)

Dub.1273

We are not allowed to publish or even mentiom exploits or bugs in the forum. Not that it makes sense, but we could get banned for posting a video.

Dub | [rT]

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Haviz actually did post a video the other day where his group of three people kills GL in 15-18 seconds. I saw it before it was taken down by the moderators. Don’t blame him for not being able to post it here without being infracted.

That said, I’d be curious to know the trick behind it because it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me. And for the record, they should really make GL’s projectiles immune to being reflected (but still able to be absorbed).

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Broadicea.8294

We are not allowed to publish or even mentiom exploits or bugs in the forum. Not that it makes sense, but we could get banned for posting a video.

Good job Anet. Players post bugs from the game that hinder us: no action, maybe we’ll get around to fixing it before the sun blows up. Player posts a bug that slightly helps us: IRON FIST MODERATION TIME.

haviz.1340

Personally if I had found some glitch to kill Lupi in 20 seconds I’d show folks with an explanation. Especially since you did bug report it, typically the best way to get Anet to actually fix something is to publicize it. Look at what happened with the necro “1/3rd HP in downed state” bug, people were trying to bring it to Anet for months but until there was incontrovertible video proof they basically blew it off.

As far as getting in trouble for sharing it as a strategy, I think Anet would be totally in the wrong for coming down on you. It’s not like 20 versus 60 seconds makes or breaks the dungeon. Lupi isn’t the keystone of Arah runs. It’s the kittenty trash runs with no waypoints.

Anet is aware of that bug, I got a response from Robert. It does actually break the dungeon if you knew exactly how that works.

Haviz actually did post a video the other day where his group of three people kills GL in 15-18 seconds. I saw it before it was taken down by the moderators. Don’t blame him for not being able to post it here without being infracted.

Thank you for being my only witness!

That said, I’d be curious to know the trick behind it because it doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense to me. And for the record, they should really make GL’s projectiles immune to being reflected (but still able to be absorbed).

Agreed, it makes projectiles reflection a bit too gimmicky. They are currently too strong and one of the major reasons why you don’t see 5 other classes in speedruns. Reflections should not be dependent on stats like critical damage and they should work for limited amount of damage and then either disappear or just absorb projectiles. It would be a major nerf but it is necessary if anet wants to see more class variety. No buffs will ever make necros or rangers viable if reflections won’t be severly nerfed. I say it from guardians point of view.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

And hot-fixed!

haviz.1340

Nerfing reflections will NOT make these particular two classes more appealing. It might make the elementalist, for example, which has a truly great absorb that doesn’t reflect a potential competitor.

Rangers and necromancers suffer for reasons that will not change even if you nerfed the guardian, mesmer and warrior into oblivion. For the ranger, the fact is anything like a pet mechanic in an action heavy game where dodging is a key mechanic, has been, and will always be, a mistake. As long as the ranger’s dps relies too much on the pet it will be a low tier class for dungeons. A beastmaster-like class will never work with GW2’s gameplay.

one of the major reasons

On top of other changes, I meant that.

And hot-fixed!

Sometimes reporting does wonders.

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Just for the record, this feature removal doesn’t affect the legit way of killing him, right?

I’d hate Lupus to be ruined.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

Nope, it was just a matter of using high-tech Skritt technology.