Lupicus Melee Solo, 15 mins

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

With 2x speed (~7,5 mins):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p_b4Vnv8iY

Swapped Endure Pain to Frenzy and did it in 13,5 mins.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Well, color me impressed.

Posted by: Lorana.2468

Lorana.2468

The hero the Pact needs, but doesnt deserve.

Posted by: Unanimous.1486

Unanimous.1486

Oh no… Now that it’s shown to be possible, Anet will want to cater for the hardcore players, Lupicus will be buffed so no one but the most hardcore players can kill him.

Posted by: Starlink.6248

Starlink.6248

Good job! /clap to u

Posted by: Ballistic.4531

Ballistic.4531

Imagine how awesome would that fight look if you had Twilight equipped. Oh man… Anyway, good job!

This world needs more people being frank and less people being offended.

Wethospu.6437

Well, if someone can send me few precursors and few hundred ectos. Then I will do it with Frenzy.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Good job, haven’t checked the video yet but let me guess, guardian or warrior.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I see that you dodge roll the grubs before he actually applies it to you. Do you know if it’s possible to go the other way, dodge roll the grub as it spawns to prevent it from knocking you down? I’ve never bothered to try. Given the fact that you just ate the very last one that he always spawns and stunbreak’d out of it, I’m guessing not.

Also, you can just dodge roll out of the bubble? When I’ve tried that in the past, I usually ended up getting knocked back mid roll once I hit the edge. After trying it and failing a few times I just slapped some stability on and called it a day. Is there a particular trick to it or was I just derping hard as I rolled? I noticed you did fail one or two dodges where you got knocked back after what looks like starting your roll too far from the edge, and you just EP’d out. It’s really the only thing that annoys me in Lupicus and I usually just EP/Balanced Stance out when he targets me with it, but it’d be nice to not have to do that.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

I see that you dodge roll the grubs before he actually applies it to you. Do you know if it’s possible to go the other way, dodge roll the grub as it spawns to prevent it from knocking you down? I’ve never bothered to try. Given the fact that you just ate the very last one that he always spawns and stunbreak’d out of it, I’m guessing not.

Also, you can just dodge roll out of the bubble? When I’ve tried that in the past, I usually ended up getting knocked back mid roll once I hit the edge. After trying it and failing a few times I just slapped some stability on and called it a day. Is there a particular trick to it or was I just derping hard as I rolled? I noticed you did fail one or two dodges where you got knocked back after what looks like starting your roll too far from the edge, and you just EP’d out. It’s really the only thing that annoys me in Lupicus and I usually just EP/Balanced Stance out when he targets me with it, but it’d be nice to not have to do that.

If he applies grub to you, you can’t dodge it, at least I haven’t been able to. Seems like stabi and invulnerable skills prevent getting kd. And last grub is unavoidable.

Dodging out of the bubble is possible but it requires good timing.

Wethospu.6437

You can dodge grub knockdown but my internal clock is not that accurate.
Added video with 2x speed to make it faster.

Iehova.9518

Seems like stabi and invulnerable skills prevent getting kd.

Surely you jest. Stability shouldn’t prevent the grub from spawning as it trivializes p1 entirely.

haviz.1340

Seems like stabi and invulnerable skills prevent getting kd.

Surely you jest. Stability shouldn’t prevent the grub from spawning as it trivializes p1 entirely.

Em, okay. If you say so. I have no idea what’s wrong with you.

Posted by: Dee Jay.2460

Dee Jay.2460

So he doesn’t seem to Shadowstep targets in melee range….interesting.

Iehova.9518

I have a severe affliction impeding my daily activity. It’s called Common Sense.

Posted by: KazNaka.4718

KazNaka.4718

I have a severe affliction impeding my daily activity. It’s called Common Sense.

kd = knocked down. He was saying stability prevents you from getting kd’ed when grubs spawn on you, which it does. Common sense must have eluded you.

Iehova.9518

kd = knocked down. He was saying stability prevents you from getting kd’ed when grubs spawn on you, which it does. Common sense must have eluded you.

I was under the impression grub spawn is directly tied to the knockdown.

So it would appear my [Brain] decided not to work for a while.

(edited by Iehova.9518)

Posted by: Ulquiorra.6903

Ulquiorra.6903

the jealousy and butthurt…it flows through me

Posted by: Ruien.9506

Ruien.9506

Very well done sir.

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Next challenge: beat him solo while he has 1 stack of Empowered!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I read “melee” and imminently thought “a warrior”.
Hate how this game favors 2 classes over everybody else.

Wethospu.6437

Next challenge: beat him solo while he has 1 stack of Empowered!

You mean with 2 stacks?
Actually I was going to try switching Endure Pain to Frenzy and get it with 0 stacks, hopefully in 13 mins.

I thought this was a boss you can’t melee.
Anyways for me it makes sense that melee-classes melee.

(edited by Wethospu.6437)

Posted by: Halo.8976

Halo.8976

I thought this was a boss you can’t melee.

I’m starting to thing, there isn’t one.
If you’re a necro/ele/engi and group have to choose between you and another warrior – the choice is obvious.

Posted by: Nayaru.4716

Nayaru.4716

I just don’t have the words I’d like to use to articulate how stunningly impressed and in awe I am of this. kitten though, hats off to you sir!

To the Arenanet dev’s who will undoubtedly see the thread…. please please please for the love of all that is holy, don’t make this boss harder for the rest of us…

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

well, after wiping for 2 hours and not being able to down him, I must say this video is epic! But, I am just ticked off….. how do you manage to lower its health faster than a full group?

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Does his autoattack don’t hit on melee range on phase 2? You didn’t seem to have dodged it at all.

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

Wethospu.6437

well, after wiping for 2 hours and not being able to down him, I must say this video is epic! But, I am just ticked off….. how do you manage to lower its health faster than a full group?

Glass-cannon warrior

Does his autoattack don’t hit on melee range on phase 2? You didn’t seem to have dodged it at all.

Yes, it has a minimum range. Downside is he does 17k melee hits (slow) and AoE attack hits immediately.

Posted by: omgwtflolbbl.7142

omgwtflolbbl.7142

I can actually see this being done with a mesmer, if you could be beefy enough and achieve enough regen somehow for those times where you do slip up and get tagged. The key points of this are the Signet of Stamina (endurance regen), the free short CD dodge on GS, and the 2 second block on shield.

Other than when he used the GS to get out of range of the p3 gigantic AoE, you could probably use Blurred Frenzy to substitute for it.

Vigor on crit would help in place of Signet of Stamina (requires that you crit, but when you do you’re regaining endurance twice as fast anyways) and frees up a utility slot.

His traits are mostly there to help him deal more damage and make the solo faster, so that’s not really much of an issue.

Scepter for Mesmer is basically the same as Mace for Warrior for all intents and purposes, as he seems to use it mainly for the block when he needs it. Same thing with an offhand Sword.

Mimic can be used rather than shield to block most of those projectiles in p2 where he uses the shield most, and blink can double up for use in p3 for both bubbles and getting out of that PBAoE. Mirror for heal, too, to pop when he’s doing his projectile AoEs.

Not sure if feedback is capable of reflecting Lupicus’s mass AoE, what with how big he is. Not really sure how the two interact.

It’d take longer, but I believe it’d be possible.

As for the weird Warrior hate vibe, I’m not really sure why you’d want to even melee with an Engi, since most engi builds other than maybe bomb centric or flamethrower centric ones would really want to other than perhaps the odd rifle sg skill.

By the way, I think an Engineer in melee could actually pull this off. Swiftness on kit, vigor on swiftness, shield for AoEs effect (though I think this may not work), toolkit (which actually is better than warrior shield, same blocking duration for much shorter CD), elixir s. Engineer might not have something equivalent to WW or Blurred Frenzy like the other two classes mentioned, but they have access to much more consistent vigor. Engineer has a 3 second block on a 20 second CD vs Warrior’s 30 second CD 3 second block, so Engineer actually has something better, and it can be swapped in as fast as you can press the buttons (though he does have Fast Hands, so that’s not that big of a deal anyways, though it’s still another plus). No WW equivalent hurts, but you also have access to 100% up time on vigor, which means you’ll be able to use regular dodges 33% more anyways than with Signet of Stamina, and you can trait the shield to have a 16 second CD instead. Killing Lupicus with a toolbox would be hilarious.

Wethospu.6437

Good analysis. But you missed one vital thing, burst skills granting Endurance. It got much easier when I realized I have that little trait.

Posted by: seniledelinquent.4095

seniledelinquent.4095

Very well played but I must say I sense a nerf upcoming for a certain class.

The loot is a lie.

Posted by: Brutalistik.6473

Brutalistik.6473

I know for sure it doesn’t start with a W ending with a R.

Pineapples

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

If all it took was the top 1% of the skilled players making a video like this to get a class nerfed then balance would fall apart in seconds. The fact is you can’t balanced on players like this as you will only hurt the majority. I bet this guy could solo lupicus on a variety of professions if you gave him time and incentive.

Hats off sir. Very impressive focus and precision.

Posted by: Braxxis.7062

Braxxis.7062

I can solo Subject Alpha as a Thief if that helps? Wish I could make videos of it but alas.

Nahla Lisandril / Ashelia Morin / Craulk
Yolaine / Orindine / Maliasera
~ Among the Ashes [Dust] ~

Posted by: Misfit.2907

Misfit.2907

Warriors won’t got nerfed just because someone was able to solo GL with one. All I see in this video is someone extremely skilled either the warrior class, and not because warriors are op.

To OP, congrats on an amazing feat!

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

It’s just solid gameplay. Congrats on the feat!

Now if you wouldn’t mind explaining what exploits you did with the terrain to get there…

Wethospu.6437

I think I have already reported it (how to skip second Corrupted Light part) via in-game report. Though I can PM you info directly if that’s better way.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

With the amount of bugs in Arah and the amount of time I’ve wasted on broken paths after spending 30min-1hr in them, I hope these terrain exploits don’t get fixed first.

Maybe because of the size of Arah, there are quite a few terrain exploits to speed up certain parts, which to me, makes up the hours I’ve wasted because of the sheer number of bugs that break npcs activating events.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

haviz.1340

With the amount of bugs in Arah and the amount of time I’ve wasted on broken paths after spending 30min-1hr in them, I hope these terrain exploits don’t get fixed first.

Maybe because of the size of Arah, there are quite a few terrain exploits to speed up certain parts, which to me, makes up the hours I’ve wasted because of the sheer number of bugs that break npcs activating events.

Heh, completely understandable. Getting no credits for completing pretty long path 1 or bugged last boss in path 4 is really disheartening

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

It’s just solid gameplay. Congrats on the feat!

Now if you wouldn’t mind explaining what exploits you did with the terrain to get there…

Assuming you already patched the one where you jump through the steps (which Ive never actually seen a warrior do come to it…)

There’s a wall you can climb up on the second light part. You can just straight hop up it and over into the main hallway before lupicus. It’s actually sometimes faster than the normal path if you hop up it quickly.

Posted by: kKagari.6804

kKagari.6804

Grats OP, way to shush the people from the other topic who wanted to see your DM title.

Now if only all bosses in dungeons could be this fun. TBH, I feel this has little to do with OP’s choice of class and more to do with OP’s ability. That said, I think this is harder generally for classes that don’t have vigor.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2” – C. Johanson
“it doesn’t make you spend hours preparing to have fun, rather than having fun”
Guild missions say otherwise.

(edited by kKagari.6804)

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

Grats OP, way to shush the people from the other topic who wanted to see your DM title.

Now if only all bosses in dungeons could be this fun. TBH, I feel this has little to do with OP’s choice of class and more to do with OP’s ability. That said, I think this is harder generally for classes that don’t have vigor.

and/or signet of stamina (gives endurance regen)

Posted by: Kira.2903

Kira.2903

OP don’t necessary have jumped over the wall on second light, he might have had a party that left after completing that part :P
Really nice video tho, tried soloing with me Mesmer but did not do enough damage to even get him to second phase.
Good job!

S P E L L B O U N D —~--Mesmer —~--Human lvl 80
S P E L L B O R N —~--Necro —~--Sylvari lvl 80
I Kira I —~--Ele —~--Sylvari lvl 80

Posted by: Tweek.3190

Tweek.3190

Gratz
Tell me, his single bolt attack. Does it miss because he shoots it over you or something? It seems that way.

Posted by: Awesome.6120

Awesome.6120

A dungeon showoff video that’s actually impressive. Kudos.

[SFD] – Maguuma

Posted by: Charming Rogue.8071

Charming Rogue.8071

Desolation – EU – [KING] – Immortal Kingdom

Posted by: Quam.7218

Quam.7218

YES! You have no idea what big smile on my face I had when I saw that vid and my memory brought back all those QQers about dungeons in melee… “You can’t melee Lupicus”/“Go range” posters!

You sir are THE boss You shown them!

Posted by: Herosandwich.6203

Herosandwich.6203

this looks doable as a power/prec/crit damage hipshot engineer. permaswift/permavigor and other obvious traits make lupi cake.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

for once a video worth watch. good job

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Celestea.4105

Celestea.4105

Great video, it’s too bad there isn’t a title or something =/

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Well done Sir, that is an impressive video.