Lupicus Solo as Guardian with Scepter

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

Here is my first attempt at a lupi solo. I killed him my second try after a very long failure. I tried to stick to my tactics in my guide for a party setting, but I decided to stay close to him in phase 3 shortly into it since I thought it would save some time and I was running on fumes. It would have went a bit smother if auto attack didn’t interrupt dodges (a fix to this would be great) and it was my first time trying phase 3 right next to him with my guardian set up so it was a bit of a learning curve for me. My set up is at the end of the video and in the description along with a link to my guide for a party setting.

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

Very impressive! I don’t think I’ve seen a guardian solo vid yet, but that was pretty good. I don’t think I saw anything out of the ordinary that raised any alarms. Good solid play and knowledge – I like your means of getting through the trap bubble. Good skill rotation and composure over such a long period of time.

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

As someone who had his doubts about my trusty guardian scepter, very well played indeed.

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

Is it safe to say we can put the ‘lol guardian scepter sucks’ response to rest yet?

Well done OP, I’ll have to show my guild leader later after work. He’ll surely want to try now.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

Posted by: JaNordy.6149

JaNordy.6149

Is it safe to say we can put the ‘lol guardian scepter sucks’ response to rest yet?

Well done OP, I’ll have to show my guild leader later after work. He’ll surely want to try now.

No because scepter does suck in WvW and PvP.

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

That’s my Boy! =P Just playin, well done… yet another thing for me to try and learn from you. You make me proud to be a guardian, bro!

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Takes much longer than solo on a warrior so not worth it I guess.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Well done sir, looks like pretty tanky hear.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Because guardian melee doesn’t have any abilities that can hit for over 14k.

Posted by: Strifey.7215

Strifey.7215

Grats to the OP on the solo.

But soloing something with scepter doesn’t mean it still doesn’t suck when melee weapons not only cleave, but do more dps in general. That’s like saying just because you can solo ‘x’ mob with every weapon a class has, they are all equal.

Guard/War/Mesmer and Dungeon Guides:
https://www.youtube.com/user/strife025

(edited by Strifey.7215)

Posted by: Ioflux.4369

Ioflux.4369

Scepter sucks for aoe, its amazing for large / stationary single target objects. Scepter is superior for destroying structures though.

Posted by: Puandro.3245

Puandro.3245

Scepter DPS is on par with other classes weapons i don’t know why people like to complain about it.

GW2 Videos WvW Ele/Thief/Mesmer/Ranger/Warrior PvP Videos
Jade Quarry – Team Savvy – #1 NA WvW Solo Guild

Ioflux.4369

Scepter DPS is on par with other classes weapons i don’t know why people like to complain about it.

It feels girly using a scepter as a “heavy” class I guess.

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

They complain because it took him 39 minutes while warrior can do it in about 8-9 (post patch). Though you should check his equipment/traits first, it’s rather tanky. With full zerker, like in Wethospu’s vid you can do it in ~20 minutes, only twice as slower.

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

It feels girly using a scepter as a “heavy” class I guess.

get a princess wand and embrace it

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

Sarcasmic.6741

Not entirely true either, but I wouldn’t recommend using the one weapon that can on Lupicus.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)

Posted by: Robert Hrouda.1327

Previous

Robert Hrouda.1327

Content Designer

Next

I actually do this on my guardian. I don’t use it often, but when I do I get a good laugh out of it. Totally worth it IMO.

Ioflux.4369

I actually do this on my guardian. I don’t use it often, but when I do I get a good laugh out of it. Totally worth it IMO.

My guardian, my mesmer are all Sailor moon’ers. Very happy and proud of it. Just wish the projectiles carried the star effects.

haviz.1340

Not entirely true either, but I wouldn’t recommend using the one weapon that can on Lupicus.

Greatsword is really nice for lupi, why wouldn’t you recommend it?

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

anyone have any bosses they would like this guy to attempt to solo with scepter again?

Sarcasmic.6741

Greatsword is really nice for lupi, why wouldn’t you recommend it?

Oh, you can 14k+ WW? Did not know, I’ve only seen 11-12. I was speaking of Mighty Blow.

haviz.1340

Oh, you can 14k+ WW? Did not know, I’ve only seen 11-12. I was speaking of Mighty Blow.

Not on lupi (high defence) but it’s doable on other bosses, unlike Mighty blow that hits very rarely for 9k with same setup.

anyone have any bosses they would like this guy to attempt to solo with scepter again?

Simin ;D

Posted by: Alexander.4827

Alexander.4827

Ya’ll solo artists are awesome. This is really impressive congrats on the feat!

Now where are the posts explaining why all guardians are over powered because of how skilled you are as a player?

And you did it with the scepter! I feel like you should be rewarded a precursor for this.

Ioflux.4369

Not on lupi (high defence) but it’s doable on other bosses, unlike Mighty blow that hits very rarely for 9k with same setup.

Simin ;D

I reckon CoE Path 3 Evolved Destroyer. That’s a feat if you can solo that.

Posted by: randomfightfan.4091

randomfightfan.4091

impressive but holy hell that’s some op healing on guardian… you definitely are a solid player but that guard looked pretty much unkillable.

Check out my page for some good thiefisms :)
http://www.youtube.com/user/randomfightfan/videos?view=0&flow=grid

Posted by: obal.3218

obal.3218

I have one and used it in my other videos for my guide. I get a laugh when I use it with my arah armor dyed abyss. I wanted to try a different set up so I spent a chunk of Arah tokens and some gold for a new set for just lupi solo.

Simin ;D

I’ll pass.

Ya’ll solo artists are awesome. This is really impressive congrats on the feat!

Now where are the posts explaining why all guardians are over powered because of how skilled you are as a player?

And you did it with the scepter! I feel like you should be rewarded a precursor for this.

A rare or better from lupi would have been nice at least. A precursor would have been acceptable. I got lucky and got a green that run. I’ve killed him over 100 times and have gotten 2 rares from him.

It didn’t seem like when i tried sword/focus I did a whole lot more damage. I wanted to do something that fits with my play style and guide for lupi I made as well as try something that hadn’t been done before so I went with scepter only.

Posted by: Draygo.9473

Draygo.9473

Simin ;D

I reckon CoE Path 3 Evolved Destroyer. That’s a feat if you can solo that.

You can actually. Two of the lasers are close enough that one person running between them can keep them operating, and I THINK it slightly outpaces the shield recharge rate.

It would be a long time between shield drops and you would have to be real quick jumping down and completely getting out, but i think its possible.

Delarme
Apathy Inc [Ai]

Ioflux.4369

The only possible way of doing it is if you have a mesmer / thief use quickness to press the switches as well as blinks / portals to get to it. I tried doin both switches using frenzy warrior with greatsword, it could not keep up with laser pressing, you lose swiftness and mobility skills go on cd.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

well done again, Obal! a lot to be learned from this vid (and your others). very patient and steady gameplay. way to stay composed throughout the fight.

true it may not be as fast as a war, but depending how you see it, it’s an even greater feat. just goes to highlight some of the strengths and weaknesses of the two classes, if one wants to compare. Guardians, by now, sort of, are known for their ability to stay alive and standing, while doing sustained dmg over time.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: dejan.3856

dejan.3856

And this is how legendary precursor should be obtained, other legendary components in similar fashion. Well played

Posted by: Robdalf.2561

Robdalf.2561

I’m having a flashback to the 55 Monk build that could solo the Great Destroyer in GW1.

Posted by: Lafiel.9372

Lafiel.9372

I think if I have the time and find a software recorder, i’d be keen to do it with a greatsword. It’s entirely possible and not at all too difficult. For some reason, I agree with most of his skill choice but I think instead of the shout skill save yourself, using the spirit shield would be superior (unless they nerfed it so that the shield dies really quick now? in that case yeah). Otherwise, berserker gear would also help increase killing speed.

Posted by: Firegoth.6427

Firegoth.6427

And this is how legendary precursor should be obtained, other legendary components in similar fashion. Well played

If it was the case, then tomorrow it’s mine.

I’m baffled how some people see this as achievement.
So many players with 0 motivation to even start something like this are capable of doing it.

If this is what you had in mind for skill to get rare items, then boy am I gonna be rich or what.

1+1 = potato

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Simply amazing!! I can’t imagine doing phase one and half of phase two while kiting those swarms.

I think if I have the time and find a software recorder, i’d be keen to do it with a greatsword. It’s entirely possible and not at all too difficult. For some reason, I agree with most of his skill choice but I think instead of the shout skill save yourself, using the spirit shield would be superior (unless they nerfed it so that the shield dies really quick now? in that case yeah). Otherwise, berserker gear would also help increase killing speed.

I just did a lvl 8 fractal and i think a harpy two shotted my spirit shield… wall of reflections works as well but I find it kind of situational. The stun break on SV is pretty nice along with vigor and regen

Oceanic [LOD]

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Scepter has pretty good dps if the target isn’t moving

Posted by: Iehova.9518

Iehova.9518

Well, color me impressed.

Waiting on inferior classes to solo Lupus now.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

Well, color me impressed.

Waiting on inferior classes to solo Lupus now.

So, all non-heavy classes are ‘inferior’ now?

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Iehova.9518

An elementalist solo’d him, so no.

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

An elementalist solo’d him, so no.

Wasn’t aware of that, cool that people have the patience to try feats such as solo lupicus. I disagree that the other classes are all around ‘inferior’ to the three in mention, however for something such as solo lupicus… probably.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Spiky.8403

Spiky.8403

Noob me for not trying ranged on phase 1. Bugged dodge roll (that is still not fixed!!!) made it hard, whenever it failed and I had to roll twice, I had no endurance to prevent the kick. Also these red circles that don’t show the range correctly are pretty annoying.

Very impressive video.

haviz.1340

They fixed the dodge-bug but before 28th patch usually you had to turn autoattack off.

The person I know is trying to do this on thief, a proffession widely considered 2nd tier. I’m looking forward to his success since it won’t be kiting festival but rather face-to-face fight

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This proves that ANYTHING is possible!

Well done.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Iehova.9518

I wouldn’t say “ANYTHING”, because Simin.

Posted by: Miragee.3604

Miragee.3604

But 100B can do over 20k on Lupicus so the the discussion is non sense. :P

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Fine I’ll give it a go with my necro, too bad I only use conditions on him now but still will go for it.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Thx a lot for the vid obal. Very interesting to watch. Its really unfair you got so few rares from lupi. My experience with him isnt that bad after about 20 runs, but RNG is a cruel mistress. :-( You deserve better.

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”

Posted by: gamefreak.5673

gamefreak.5673

Very nice job mate!

haviz.1340

But 100B can do over 20k on Lupicus so the the discussion is non sense. :P

You won’t hit lupi for 20k+ with 100b, more like 15k, he got more defense than other bosses.

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

Thx a lot for the vid obal. Very interesting to watch. Its really unfair you got so few rares from lupi. My experience with him isnt that bad after about 20 runs, but RNG is a cruel mistress. :-( You deserve better.

o.O I’ve gotten enough tokens for 3 arah sets and he’s never dropped a single rare for me so I’m not sure what’s so suprising here.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

Posted by: lOKI.8152

lOKI.8152

Uh now i feel really bad. 4 Rares in 2 consecutive runs. Not exactly standard for me but still…

Lvl 80s: Thief, Necro, Engi, Ele, Mesmer, Ranger

“War does not determine who is right – only who is left.”