Posted by: daksh.2176

daksh.2176

Anet plz fix lupi already

Wolf- qT- quantify-GIMME NEW DUNGEONS

Lupicus bug, ranged attack hits in melee

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Veydar.5017

Veydar.5017

I am torn between applauding the fact that a mob is now intelligent enough to aim a projectile at a bunch of creatures literally standing right in front of him and …. oh well actually I’m not torn at all. I like the change!

Posted by: zengara.8301

zengara.8301

I would rather want them to fix one shot first.

Posted by: Crystal Master.4169

Crystal Master.4169

Fix oneshot, keep Lupi as it is. Maybe even add a skill or two, so he doesnt follow his same rotations for the next 5 years.

Posted by: Thorwyn.8469

Thorwyn.8469

And there we go again..

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

He is still easy to solo but he’s not enjoyable to me to fight anymore because 3 of his attacks don’t work anymore (shadowstep, phase 3 frenzied blast, necrid trap) at the compensation of his phase 2 ranged autoattack working. Poor tradeoff imo.

And btw, the irony in this new Lupicus is actually that walling him makes things slower for classes that can’t have high reflect uptime than off walling him does because if you stand in his hitbox during phase 3…. he autoattacks more often because he can’t use his necrid trap or frenzied blast.

(edited by Purple Miku.7032)

Posted by: dlonie.6547

dlonie.6547

A’ight, lets do this.

Attachments:

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

A’ight, lets do this.

Bit on the short side.

dlonie.6547

:-(

But maybe if I put 3 points in Acrobatics it’ll get bigger?

Posted by: Zud.1265

Zud.1265

Wherever a post about lupi is there is miku, cause lupi = his life

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

Please close this thread…

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Posted by: bladex.9502

bladex.9502

I would prefer if they fix oneshotting and his bugged shadowstep, and keep the autoattack hitting in melee

Posted by: Bartosz.2013

Bartosz.2013

I agree that oneshot should be fixed, i have one problem now, i want to teach my guildmates lupi but they can die very fast now cause of this autoattack, i dont know what to do, i can only oneshot him or it would take like 3 hours. sry for my eng

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

I agree that oneshot should be fixed, i have one problem now, i want to teach my guildmates lupi but they can die very fast now cause of this autoattack, i dont know what to do, i can only oneshot him or it would take like 3 hours. sry for my eng

Play guard should help a lot. Lots of projectile defense, mesmer isn’t bad nor is Ele though much harder.

dlonie.6547

Thieves can bring smoke screen and contribute to projectile defense, too. It’ll help if you can get on voice chat with them and coordinate reflects. I think it’s more fun that way, too :P

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Posted by: Sins.4782

Sins.4782

Honestly, I just don’t like that he uses a ranged projectile autoattack against players in melee range. He should be using one of his more powerful (and more telegraphed) melee attacks instead.

Jerus.4350

Honestly, I just don’t like that he uses a ranged projectile autoattack against players in melee range. He should be using one of his more powerful (and more telegraphed) melee attacks instead.

Kick in all phases! (or Swipe)

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

This is something I said I wanted him to do long ago. I remember talking about it with abe and he agreed; it would be more interesting of a fight if Lupicus doesn’t stop using any attacks on all phases. So for phase 2 he keeps all his phase 1 attacks but learns swipe, frenzied blast, and the autoattack then for phase 3 he learns the other frenzied blast, life suck, life drain, and necrid trap.

Imagine getting kicked then bubbled right away before you could stand up xD

Jerus.4350

This is something I said I wanted him to do long ago. I remember talking about it with abe and he agreed; it would be more interesting of a fight if Lupicus doesn’t stop using any attacks on all phases. So for phase 2 he keeps all his phase 1 attacks but learns swipe, frenzied blast, and the autoattack then for phase 3 he learns the other frenzied blast, life suck, life drain, and necrid trap.

Imagine getting kicked then bubbled right away before you could stand up xD

Aye, I was thinking leave a single attack as phase specific, namely Grub p1, Frenzied Blast p2, Lift p3. Other than that have everything on the table the whole time. But either way, more attacks available across the board would be interesting…. as long as they got rid of p2 Frenzied Blast abuse (can you imagine if it happened in p1 and allowed a full skip… ugh).

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Please have Grubs in p2 and p3 as well!

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Let it spawn a dredge clowncar if a player fails to dodge!

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Let it spawn a dredge clowncharr if a player fails to dodge!

Dredge is overrated.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Lou.7824

Lou.7824

And there we go again..

Shayna Vandella – Oh My Gosh Virtual Squirrels [Vs]

Posted by: Acotje.5689

Acotje.5689

Or, you know, leave old content as is and give us new stuff * wishful thinking *

Hello darkness, my old friend.

dlonie.6547

I think that what ArenaNet should really do about this is completely ignore it.

They should just not comment on it and if they must fix it, they should wait at least a couple of months, leaving their players in the dark the entire time, wondering if the HoT content will see similar levels of maintenance after it gets pushed out.

I think that’s the smart business move here.

dlonie.6547

But I do seriously like the idea of having him use an existing or new melee attack at melee players instead of the projectile.

But let’s face it — ain’t gonna happen.

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

I don’t like tryharding in my dungeon runs

Plenty of open world and living story content for you then.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

spoj.9672

I dont like not being able to pug carry arah on necro anymore. :P

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

Just camp long range with a crystal spotsch.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Posted by: Wethospu.6437

Wethospu.6437

I don’t like tryharding in my dungeon runs

Plenty of open world and living story content for you then.

I like doing the hearts, can I do them please Mr. Nike??

Sure, but it’s 1g per heart.

For administration purposes of course.

spoj.9672

:<

deSade.9437

:<

Ouch.
It’s ok to me if you’re a necro immigrant, spotsch. The borders’ll always be open for you.

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

This is annoying, because it makes phase 3 hell and much harder to win, i tried many times to solo it, but he always end up killing me at 20% health when i have a lack of reflect & blocks, it seems to be a DPS race at this point…

Still nothing prevents you from calling a buddy or someone for 1g and pass this if you’re a seller, that’s not a big loss and you’ll gain a lot of time.

deSade.9437

.. on which class?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

For what it’s worth, I probed into this and was told yet again that they literally cannot tell me anything about it right now, but that it’s still being looked at.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

dlonie.6547

lol ofc. Wouldn’t expect anything different.

Posted by: Raven.3248

Raven.3248

plz don’t I love trolling them

Attachments:

Just another Arah veteran

Posted by: NikeEU.7690

NikeEU.7690

For what it’s worth, I probed into this and was told yet again that they literally cannot tell me anything about it right now, but that it’s still being looked at.

I know this isn’t about you or your effort, but what topics can they give you information on in any sort of detail that might be of interest to the dungeon community? Maybe you could get a dev to talk with us about Lightning Hammer or something.

[DnT]::Nike::
www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

I know this isn’t about you or your effort, but what topics can they give you information on in any sort of detail that might be of interest to the dungeon community? Maybe you could get a dev to talk with us about Lightning Hammer or something.

For reference, Lightning Hammer is something I’ve already talked to them about and they had this to say:

• They don’t want to remove builds (ie. S/F) from play.
  • They recognize the impact a nerf to LH would have on the S/F build’s viability in PvE.
  • The balance team is making changes to the Elementalist based on player feedback.

Because I am not constrained by an NDA, they are pretty careful to not spill the beans on things that may change (because they know I will tell the community). They do sometimes give… Hrm, bread crumbs? Maybe? It’s hard to describe, but I get things that sure feel like hints. It’s possible they do it to pretend to listen to me, but judging from some developer responses to me (both in-game and on the forums) I’m pretty confident they are listening to my reports and while they may not take suggestions as-is and implement them, they sure are taking the spirit of the suggestions and implementing them.

As for bringing a QA person in here to talk about something, I could likely manage that, but they wouldn’t be able to post here anything more than they can tell me by PM, and so there probably wouldn’t be much discussion to be had. Getting the actual balance team in here to talk about the motivations for changes like the Lightning Hammer changes would be even harder, but something I could try to ask about.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!