Lupicus´s AOE!

Lupicus´s AOE!

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Ram Banson.4081

Ram Banson.4081

Hi
Im seeking advise in how to deal with that AOE in p2 as a thief for example, i melee him all the time, dodge backward when he casts it mostly wait a bit (sometimes it hits me unusual soon -,.-) and dodge forward again, not blindly but with a a bit coordination to actually dodge out of the circles.

So.. sometimes it hits without there being a circle, and sometimes its soo god kittening delayed it drives me mad! i mean does it depend on luck mostly? Im playing as a thief right now , yes i know i have many dodges but not always, i can dodge it most of the times but sometimes its soo ridicolously delayed …it just drives me mad xD.

Any advice?

Blùb [LuPi]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

There may be more complex answers but just pressing shortbow evade twice will get your far enough back. It typically goes buggy and triggers 3 times anyway.

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

with sword

• press 2
  • wait .5s
  • dodge
  • wait .5 – 1s
  • press 2
  • be happy in ~80% of times

with dagger

• dodge forward
  • use healskill withdraw

but there is always a chance to get hit by them no matter what. Even if you dodge all the time there might be a chance to get hit when you are back in melee range. The only really save method is to use SB 3333333 to get away from him

[rT]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Dub.1273

Dub.1273

As thief: Dodge, Dodge, Withdraw, Dodge, Roll for Initiative, Dodge, Weaponswap, Dodge, Dodge, Signet of Agility, Dodge, Dodge.
You should be safe now.

Dub | [rT]
#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

Lupicus´s AOE!

Ram Banson.4081

As thief: Dodge, Dodge, Withdraw, Dodge, Roll for Initiative, Dodge, Weaponswap, Dodge, Dodge, Signet of Agility, Dodge, Dodge.
You should be safe now.

LOL xD alright thanks, i mostly just wann safe my heal for when i got dmg somehow ^^ but ill try that

Blùb [LuPi]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Ram Banson.4081

with sword

• press 2
  • wait .5s
  • dodge
  • wait .5 – 1s
  • press 2

with dagger

• dodge forward
  • use healskill withdraw

but there is always a chance to get hit by them no matter what. Even if you dodge all the time there might be a chance to get hit when you are back in melee range. The only really save method is to use SB 3333333 to get away from him

You mean the first pressing of 2 when i already pressed it to shadowstep to lupi? so i shadowstep back, right?

Blùb [LuPi]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Dub.1273

Yeah thats what he means.

Dub | [rT]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I keep getting hit a lot more frequent on my thief from all of his attacks than i do on my other characters. I am starting to think that the thief dodgeroll is either bugged or intentionally has a shorter evade time. I keep getting 1 shot by attacks i have dodged all the time, it’s getting extremely irritating. Not even 4 dodges right after another save me from getting killed in p2 aoe a lot of the time for some reason. It’s gotta be Anet’s kittenty servers i guess.

Btw i used 15 Trickery for the dodge trait. I think i’m just going to drop that trait and see how it goes.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Lupicus´s AOE!

Ram Banson.4081

I wish it would be a bit more structured .. if you know what i mean.
I mean its horrible when you get hit without there being a circle or anything.
Or that delayed kitten. Its just panic dodging for your life it seems to me sometimes EVEN i have kind of a structured dodge behavior, but there are still sometimes these unpredictable hits q..q which as a thief mostly onehit me :/

Isnt it that it kinda starts at lupi and spread out from him? sometimes i get hit from things at melee range after all other circles have already landed.. that seems very buggy for me.
Or today i dodged backwards and got hit from one so fast before i even could dodge forward again oO

But its possible to dodge it anyway i guess otherwise there wouldnt be that much solo videos….

PS this sort of thing i mean
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMjeOo5sNYc but sometimes even worse

Blùb [LuPi]

(edited by Ram Banson.4081)

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Guanglai Kangyi.4318

Guanglai Kangyi.4318

You can just use Pistol Whip as soon as he starts animating it and dodge once at the end just to be safe.

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Anubarak.3012

Anubarak.3012

Did you try that?
I tried it about 4 times and died right after PW endet or started because this evade is so fk unrealiable. Even if you dodge directly after PW you die.

[rT]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Ram Banson.4081

You can just use Pistol Whip as soon as he starts animating it and dodge once at the end just to be safe.

i rather do exactly the roation that Dub posted than trying that (again x.x ).

the only thing it works is his p1 kick i think, because its (for me) quite predictable. but i dont trust that much xD its like anubarak said

Blùb [LuPi]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

I usually just burn 3 dodges on thief. You’re still gonna die a good portion of the time, but there’s not much you can do about that. Also, don’t trust pistol whip it’s very ineffective at lupicus for the evade, it takes way too long to trigger and will get you killed more than it will save you.

[DnT]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

What if you dropped a smoke screen on his face? :/

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Dub.1273

Not reliable enough.

Dub | [rT]

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Emanuel.9781

Emanuel.9781

I usually just burn 3 dodges on thief. You’re still gonna die a good portion of the time, but there’s not much you can do about that. Also, don’t trust pistol whip it’s very ineffective at lupicus for the evade, it takes way too long to trigger and will get you killed more than it will save you.

With or without feline grace? I just spent another 2 hours getting killed even though i’m spamming the hell out of dodges. Don’t have a problem running out of them, i just get hit through supposed evade frames. kitten es me off to no end.

Rezardi [DnT] – Elite Playhowiwanter US
NemesisMMNecro [rT] – Trans-Transsylvanian RPer EU

(edited by Emanuel.9781)

Lupicus´s AOE!

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

With or without feline grace? I just spent another 2 hours getting killed even though i’m spamming the hell out of dodges. Don’t have a problem running out of them, i just get hit through supposed evade frames. kitten es me off to no end.

Yeah I used feline grace when I did thief, that allowed me to be able to burn 3 dodges for aoe and still have one incase he swipes right after. You can also do double dodge forward, withdraw backward, dodge forward again. But again, I died in phase 2 way more one my thief than anything else. You just have to wade through the bad rng.

[DnT]