LvL 80 only AC runs

LvL 80 only AC runs

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Lurock Turoth.9085

Lurock Turoth.9085

Where the hell did this come from? its a level 35 dungeon……its not like its hard. Getting called a noob and kicked for wanting to play my level 41 Elementalist when I have more achievement points that the entire rest of the party combined is monumentally aggravating. And then when I finally do get a party (still with all level 80s)…..I end up carrying them (on my noob level 41) all the way through cause they keep going down.

/rage rant

Angst Hex, [FLOT] BG Havoc/Roaming
http://www.twitch.tv/disasterdrew

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: a t s e.9614

a t s e.9614

Is it that hard to swap toons at the end?

LvL 80 only AC runs

Lurock Turoth.9085

You don’t bloody need to….I do just as well on my level 41 as I do on my 80s, where did this idea that only level 80s can do dungeon content come from????

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: laharl.8435

laharl.8435

80’s do dungeon content more efficiently in general. Obviously it’s player dependant, but that’s the gist of it. Pugs want to give themselves the best chance for a smooth run, and that is all level 80’s.

LvL 80 only AC runs

a t s e.9614

Because level 80 is given to you in this game, you can just swap at the end…… Me personnally I’d rather have a clueless person that just started to play the game in my AC run than some1 with multiple 80 and refuse to swap. It’s just annoying. It’s like refusing to wear a gear when you have one.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

play how you want

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

LvL 80 only AC runs

Lurock Turoth.9085

Swapping toons is a needless pain in the kitten and in AC at least, the ele simply by virtue of having conjure weapons makes runs smoother.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Solo.9027

Solo.9027

Its like the old magic find armor debate, you are dragging the party down with your lower stats for purely personal gain.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Lurock Turoth.9085

This is the dungeon forum…….how is it the wrong place?

LvL 80 only AC runs

Lurock Turoth.9085

“Play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play”…….as long as the way you want to play is max level only for level 35 content!

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

People aren’t forced to play with you. They can put up any requirement they want, if one of those requirements is being level 80 it’s their choice.

That’s why we don’t bother taking you seriously.

If you want to play your lvl41 elementalist in AC, feel free to make your own group and have a go at it. But you shouldn’t feel entitled and demand anyone play with you. If they don’t want to, they shouldn’t have to.

That’s what ‘play how you want’ stands for. It’s not about ‘everyone should run with me because I want them to’.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

LvL 80 only AC runs

a t s e.9614

You can play how you want Solo if you’re good enough.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

“Play Guild Wars 2 the way you want to play”…….as long as the way you want to play is max level only for level 35 content!

“play how you want” …. as long as how you want to play is to let some low level come into your party and demand to play according to his rules.

RIP in peace Robert

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: The Mexican Cookie.3690

The Mexican Cookie.3690

There are 4 others in the dungeon playing how they want, and playing with your bad ele is not what they want.

#LoveArrows2013, never forget.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

With that charming attitude, OP, I am going to guess your underleveled toon wasn’t the only reason you weren’t desired for the party.

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: reuelkb.2195

reuelkb.2195

Honest question here. Say I’m trying to get someone into this game for the first time (but who also is a fan of dungeons and the whole grouping aspect). Would it be fair to say that, at least right now, dungeons are in effect, endgame only content? I was just wondering if people have success in getting a character who’s below level 80 to find a party to do said dungeons).

I know when I was first playing, this was not an issue, as most people were not yet at level 80 in the first couple of months.

I appreciate any insight you all would have.

Thanks.

LvL 80 only AC runs

laharl.8435

Honest question here. Say I’m trying to get someone into this game for the first time (but who also is a fan of dungeons and the whole grouping aspect). Would it be fair to say that, at least right now, dungeons are in effect, endgame only content? I was just wondering if people have success in getting a character who’s below level 80 to find a party to do said dungeons).

I know when I was first playing, this was not an issue, as most people were not yet at level 80 in the first couple of months.

Thanks.

You can most definitely start your own group, state in the lfg that anyone can run and you’ll fill rather quickly. Just don’t join a random group that wants all 80’s.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Hi reuelkb, imo run your friend through all the story mode dungeons as he levels. By the time he has done all that he will not be a noob anymore. If you can tell him what stats traits weapons and skills to use when, then you can likely run him through the explores while he levels as well. But for a fun learning as you go time imo just be content with the story mode dungeons. Then after Arah story is done head directly to the exploreable of your choice.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

And i decide to play with 80 zerk only. so why do you care?

why are you forcing people to play with you?

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

Swapping toons is a needless pain in the kitten and in AC at least, the ele simply by virtue of having conjure weapons makes runs smoother.

Public Service Announcement:

The experience is awarded after the cutscene, so if the leader of the dungeon doesn’t skip it, the other 4 members can swap after the fight is over.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Ethics.4519

The experience is awarded after the cutscene, so if the leader of the dungeon doesn’t skip it, the other 4 members can swap after the fight is over.

Follow-up PSA.

AC has to be the easiest dungeon for swapping toons (at least p1 & p3). There’s a WP right before the run, and all you have left is the boss. Just notify your group before the run, asking if it’s okay that you swap before boss.

RIP in peace Robert

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Afya.5842

Afya.5842

You can go find another group that let you in. You ain’t forced to play with them. It’s that simple.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

where did this idea that only level 80s can do dungeon content come from????

Since they revamped p2 making AC harder then most of the dungeons out there for no reason.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Ethics.4519

Since they revamped p2 making AC harder then most of the dungeons out there for no reason.

AC is still extremely easy. There were a couple of bugs that made it seem harder, but mostly they just changed it up and people were butt/hurt they had to relearn it.

RIP in peace Robert

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: guanlongwucaii.3162

guanlongwucaii.3162

AC is still extremely easy. There were a couple of bugs that made it seem harder, but mostly they just changed it up and people were butt/hurt they had to relearn it.

the p2 defend detha event is actually pretty stressful and difficult for more squishy comps, and I can see pugs without condi cleanse/reflects/etc fail extremely hard at this… but it wasn’t changed in the revamp.

ghost eater is also a pretty painful fight if you lack reflects, but he (and most of the graveling bosses) has a tiny hp pool so all you need is decent dps to bring it down in 1-2 traps

LvL 80 only AC runs

Romo.3709

It’s not the easiest dungeon. It is easy, but then again all of them are easy. In comparison to all the higher level dungeons this one is not the easiest one. I can run CoF, SE, even HotW faster and with less problems than AC itself. And AC being a “starter” dungeon would make much more sense being easiest.

LvL 80 only AC runs

laharl.8435

It’s not the easiest dungeon. It is easy, but then again all of them are easy. In comparison to all the higher level dungeons this one is not the easiest one. I can run CoF, SE, even HotW faster and with less problems than AC itself. And AC being a “starter” dungeon would make much more sense being easiest.

He said extremely easy, which is a correct statement for at least path 1 and 3 for decent pugs.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Romo.3709

He said extremely easy, which is a correct statement for at least path 1 and 3 for decent pugs.

Decent pugs? You can do all 3 paths of HotW with crappy pugs. You can do CoF with crappy pugs, Even SE p1 and p3 with crappy pugs. Needing decent pugs doesnt make it EXTREMELY easy, it makes it moderate. Decent pugs make Arah easy. For a STARTER dungeon you shouldn’t need “decent” pugs.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: reuelkb.2195

reuelkb.2195

Hi reuelkb, imo run your friend through all the story mode dungeons as he levels. By the time he has done all that he will not be a noob anymore. If you can tell him what stats traits weapons and skills to use when, then you can likely run him through the explores while he levels as well. But for a fun learning as you go time imo just be content with the story mode dungeons. Then after Arah story is done head directly to the exploreable of your choice.

Thanks for the response. I think I’ll going with the stories first then the explores at level 80 sounds like a good option. Will try that route.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Silver.3284

Silver.3284

Thanks.

Personally I will keep a low lvl player in the party in AC, IF they do not have a lvl 80. If they have a lvl 80, I expect them to use the lvl 80 and if they they insist staying on the low lvl, they can leave. Now, if they don’t have a lvl 80, I have no problem running it with a lvl 35 in the party; it is an easy dungeon after all.

Not all groups are like that, but it is not uncommon.

LvL 80 only AC runs

laharl.8435

Decent pugs? You can do all 3 paths of HotW with crappy pugs. You can do CoF with crappy pugs, Even SE p1 and p3 with crappy pugs. Needing decent pugs doesnt make it EXTREMELY easy, it makes it moderate. Decent pugs make Arah easy. For a STARTER dungeon you shouldn’t need “decent” pugs.

…Semantics. You don’t need a decent pug. A decent pug will make it very easy. A crappy pug can still do it. Just because some other dungeons are easier doesn’t mean AC isn’t easy.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Romo.3709

I did say that AC is easy, it is not extremely easy though. It does require some temwork to complete. But for a level 35 dungeon it is way too buffed up compared to other dungeons we have available. In that retrospect, really all dungeons are easy.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

Nike Porphyrogenita.8137

So which part of AC p2 is supposed to be hard?

Death and Taxes [DnT]
http://www.twitch.tv/nike_dnt
DnT is Recruiting – http://www.dtguilds.com/

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

So which part of AC p2 is supposed to be hard?

me, after we take the boss down fast lol

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Slither Shade.4782

Slither Shade.4782

Well…if new players (op was not new) want to do it under 80 I suggest path 3 for the first run which imo is the easiest. Pugs only kill four things in the entire dungeon three of which are alive the rest are structures. Four things how hard can it be? Path 1 and 3 are both very easy you just have to make it past the choke point in each one which are Hodgins burrow room and the Lovers burrow room.

Path 1 Hodgins burrow room make sure that you have max power on your toon as power is what kills burrows. If you lack power even number four ice bow will not take out a burrow in one shot which it should. If ele is in your party preload every one with an ice bow and have them each stand in front of a burrow spawn point. The ele should be able to take out the first and second burrow by them self.

Last night another 80 and myself ran his three under 80 complete newbies through path three. They did it the old fashioned way and did not stack any bosses. Smooth as silk. Hehe then I went again and didnt even notice that a guy was lvl 30 till near the end. He was on his first dungeon run and did not know the difference between explore and story mode. Also no problem. When you are doing an ac story and you get some guy asking for 80’s then you know you are dealing not just with a noob but an idiot. Stay far far away from those ones. Or its a spped run which is cool and something totally different.

added my own rant.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Player Character.9467

Player Character.9467

For a STARTER dungeon you shouldn’t need “decent” pugs.

You make it sound like decent pugs are some holy grail. Decent pugs are still bad and even a starter dungeon shouldn’t be so easy.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Romo.3709

You make it sound like decent pugs are some holy grail. Decent pugs are still bad and even a starter dungeon shouldn’t be so easy.

On scale of difficulty this should be on the bottom, since it is a starter dungeon.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Player Character.9467

On scale of difficulty this should be on the bottom, since it is a starter dungeon.

AC explore isn’t even the starter dungeon, AC story is and story quest/open world are your introduction to mechanics anyway. Regardless of the order they’re introduced no Explore mode should be easy for disorganized bads.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

I’d like to pose an example of what I expect from PUGs.

On one of the few occasions I needed a PUG to fill the group, we were 3/5 guildies for CM p3 and we had a lvl56 mesmer and a lvl80 thief. I told the lvl56 mesmer “look lvl56 mesmer, I don’t mind you bringing a low-lvl character, but if you don’t pull your weight, I’m kicking you”. He responded with “sounds fair to me”. In the end, he did pull his weight, despite the horrible build he was running.

In the end, to me, it doesn’t matter that much. But don’t go around telling people they should play with you because you think they should, because they don’t. If you join a party, you respect their wishes and what they demand of you. If they demand 80’s only, you run a lvl80, it’s called common courtesy.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Casmurro.9046

Casmurro.9046

I’m always grateful when a elementalist join the AC group i’m pugging, doesnt matter the lvl. Those conjured weapons are Op. But it sucks when some of then simply refuse to drop a fiery greatsword, i dont get why some players have this kind of attitude, i’ve seen that from some guardians in TA too, some of then just refused to use staff on the blossoms to help the group to skip and didn’t want to use wall of reflection on the bosses.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

It is really really easy to make a group of non lvl80 ac run.

If you can still carry the group of non80 pug, good for you. And consider elementist could probably solo the whole dungeon, it shouldn’t be a problem.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: SundayTrash.9562

SundayTrash.9562

Reason why we’re doin AC is for the gold. We don’t have all day, We just want to get in and out instead of getting slow down by the low levels.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Lucius.2140

Lucius.2140

Where the hell did this come from? its a level 35 dungeon……its not like its hard. Getting called a noob and kicked for wanting to play my level 41 Elementalist when I have more achievement points that the entire rest of the party combined is monumentally aggravating. And then when I finally do get a party (still with all level 80s)…..I end up carrying them (on my noob level 41) all the way through cause they keep going down.

/rage rant

The noob part can be wrong, except you confirmed it lol. However most parties want a fast and not messy run, the risk is reduced with level 80 characters and if they are decent its faster (still eles are good for ACs paths 1 and 3 specially)..

About that thing of not 80 = noob , totally false.
About that thing about switch to the low level at the end , isnt necesary because some people want to do it with their lowly or that class specifically at that moment.
About path 2 been dificult , absolutly false, you only need a litle of coordination, cant call that special.

Just dont think all people will go with you, some will not and they have their reasons (as explained before).

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Tankvieh.5796

Tankvieh.5796

its really easy, i want to do my 2 ac runs a day as fast as possible as the dungeon is just annyoing to me after doing it so often.

as such i choose a group which
1) has a high chance of finishing the dungeon at all
2)has a high chance of finishing it quickly

when i see a lvl 40 char that usually means he is a 40 main, because if it was an alt in 90% of the time the owner would use his main and ask for swap at the end.

a lvl 40 main usually has 0 experience running in a dungeon, that combined with lower healt means he will wipe on every boss 3-6 times, maybee run out of stacked spider kill resulting in party wipe and more.

this is a risk i dont want to take, sure there are some 40s who are decent, and a lot of 80s who suck, but still the probability to get an experienced player when you got an 80 with 5k achievement points is higher than a 40 with 500 points.

it might be unfair for the decent 40, but I play this game to have fun myself, and not to be fair to every random i run accross.
If he is experienced he should be able to open his own group and play however he wants

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Scarily enough, there are “Story mode, LVL80 ONLY!”

That….that blows my mind.

LvL 80 only AC runs

laharl.8435

Scarily enough, there are “Story mode, LVL80 ONLY!”

That….that blows my mind.

Actually I get that as well. It sucks that you have to do story on every alt to be able to open the instance. After doing the story dungeon 4+ times, you want to get through it quickly. Low levels will slow you down and often want to watch all cut scenes.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Syn Sity.5826

Syn Sity.5826

“Stop playing how you want so I can play how I want!”

[DnT]

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Dolan.3071

Dolan.3071

Follow-up PSA.

AC has to be the easiest dungeon for swapping toons (at least p1 & p3). There’s a WP right before the run, and all you have left is the boss. Just notify your group before the run, asking if it’s okay that you swap before boss.

If you have a friend in the party you can get them to hold the cutscene right after the boss dies and the daily chest appears (don’t need to accept it yet.) Swap character and you’ll be in before the cutscene ends, levelling your toon without leeching your team at the final boss
Wouldn’t try it on path 2, that cutscene is crazy short.

Uriel Asther ~ Warrior | Kaya Lereau ~ Elementalist | Natalie Fox ~ Thief
Skye Eterna ~ Mesmer | Arya Slade ~ Charrdian | Kiera Thine ~ Ranger
Oceanic ~ [LOD] [Noob]

LvL 80 only AC runs

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

play how you want

Its funny and ironic, you using this as some kind of insult or sarcastic joke for others.

The funny thing is that the joke really is on you if you don’t play like you want to. Funy and sad.

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

LvL 80 only AC runs

Player Character.9467

play how you want

Its funny and ironic, you using this as some kind of insult or sarcastic joke for others.

The funny thing is that the joke really is on you if you don’t play like you want to. Funy and sad.

Just because you’re allowed to play how you want doesn’t mean I have to play how you want by letting you be in my party.