Magic Find - Chests?

Magic Find - Chests?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

Since the removal of Magic Find equipment/infusions I was wondering if the ever tweaked this… the only information I can find on this is an outdated quote from the old system

Isaiah Cartwright – Guild Wars 2 Lead Designer
“They only work on creature kills, chests however have a better table then normal kills. We wanted to avoid the game play of killing a boss and then having to equip your whole Magic Find set before opening the chest.
Also magic find is calculated from when the creature is killed so it’s also not viable to use your normal gear set kill a boss then switch to magic find.”

This quote leads me to believe that the reasoning behind this is outdated and no longer an issue. I’m curious to know if they tweaked this after this change, and why wouldn’t it be as it only rewards players more for their efforts.

I would like to get something official to update the wiki on this as its clearly out of date, (it still mentioning magical infusions as a means to increase mf: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magic_Find#cite_note-IzzyPost1-1).

Also in the wiki it mentions mf does effect “structured PvP reward track loot boxes”, but I can’t find a source on that information.

This also leads me to question what exactly are ‘chests/loot boxes’ that are/aren’t effected by magic find. World Boss Chests? Reward/Daily/Monthly Chests? PvP Chests?

I see chests drop from regular mobs sometimes, are they effected by mf?

Magic Find - Chests?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Magic Find only impacts 2 types of loot:

PvE kills.
PvP loot bags that emulate PvE kills.

All containers, other than the PvP container listed above, as well as all activated chests do not benefit from Magic Find. The little chests that spawn on the ground when you kill an enemy is the result of Magic Find improving your PvE kill into a Rare or better loot drop. They made the chest instead of the dead body sparkles in order to really remind you that you should loot this guy because he dropped something really good.

Server: Devona’s Rest