Magnetite Shards Problem

Magnetite Shards Problem

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

I’m not talking about how I don’t get shards anymore after failing.
My raid group/guild has come to a point where we finish everything in one try within 40~45 minutes including trash-run but we find it unfair that we don’t get full magnetite shards for the clear.

At this point we are running the same raid 4~5 times a week with 2~3 members rotating each run just to make sure everyone gets their weekly shards max and it is draining some of us out. Weekly lockout of gold and chest isn’t the problem anymore, it’s that as members of raid team/guild we like to help our other members. But at this point its not about clearing, its about farming the last drop of reward

If our core members/more experience members mess up during the farming run after going through literally 2~6 times per week, other members get frustrated and it cause bad atmosphere. Even if we wanted to bring someone new or a trial we feel like it could be a risk to our smooth run, so we gate ourselves even more.

It would really help us if we can get the max amount of Magnetite Shards if we cleared the raid. When new raid wings come out, its going to be in worse state in terms of replayability because people will going to be farming the wings for shards and the time it will take will be significantly longer. Spending an hour or two for the 10~20 Magnetite Shards for the 5th time of the week will cause a major burnout for every raiders.

I’m not asking for more gold, or experience, or more loots. I just want my full share magnetite shards when I clear raid so that I can be just done with helping 2~3 people out in 2~3 runs per week instead of having to run reward-less raid for the 5th~6th time in a week.

Tour

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

Personally I gave up on maximizing shards per week

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

I agree, clearing the raid should give you your remaining shards.
People in a guild are going to help each other clearing it anyway; if there’s really a need to have an incentive, just give people something else.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

A manual raid reset would also be nice.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Nokaru.7831

Nokaru.7831

It makes no sense to me that the bosses drop single-digit amount of shards and we have to clear the raid multiple times to cap it. What other MMO does this with their raids?

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It makes no sense to me that the bosses drop single-digit amount of shards and we have to clear the raid multiple times to cap it. What other MMO does this with their raids?

WoW for example, that is when they release raids in parts in their lfg. You do not have the same amount of tokens/loot for your quests until the full raid is out.

That a sufficient enough example?

The Magnetite Shard problem is quite simply due to the fact that it’s designed for the entire Raid, not only 1 wing. “Fixing” things now for 1 wing would mean they would have to change it back once more bosses appear. Or people will start crying about having caped shards half-way through the raid.

Which in turn would make people complain about more Magnetite Shards being available in the future, devaluing game time spent now, etc.etc.

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Magnetite Shards Problem

Nokaru.7831

WoW for example, that is when they release raids in parts in their lfg. You do not have the same amount of tokens/loot for your quests until the full raid is out.

For context: Looking for Raid is the easy-mode version of their raid, and it’s released in parts not out of necessity but due to design choice. They want people to do the harder versions of their raid (Heroic / Mythic), so they only release part of Looking for Raid in order to give incentive to those other bits of content. Not to mention the fact that there are other ways of getting Valor. There’s no other way to get Magnitite Shards other than re-running the bosses.

So no, it isn’t a good example because you’re comparing the easy-mode of WoW’s raids to the only-mode of GW2’s raid.

You’re also assuming they won’t increase the cap with the next wing. Since they’ve already adjusted the cap once (105 – 100), I have no idea why you would assume they won’t do so again.

Either way, I really don’t care about this justification because it is (and has been) terrible now.

“Oh but it’ll be fine in 1 year when the whole raid is out!” is just apologizing for a bad system, based on nothing but assumptions. People complaining about it now are giving feedback on the current system as it is now. May as well say, “Fractals will be fine once Leaderboards are out!”

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Everyone remembers how people wanted rewards for running the raid multiple times to help friends/guildies out right?

Magnetite Shards Problem

TheFamster.7806

Everyone remembers how people wanted rewards for running the raid multiple times to help friends/guildies out right?

If you read my post myself and my guildies have no problem helping others out. It just turns into mindless and repetitive task when we have to keep raiding for 5~6 times a week just to squeeze out that 5~10 shards for everyone

Tour

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

I think this is an issue that will sort itself out as the rest of the raid is released.

We only have 1/3 of the raid right now. Once the other 2/3’s are out you should be able to cap shards with a single full clear.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Nokaru.7831

I think this is an issue that will sort itself out as the rest of the raid is released.

We only have 1/3 of the raid right now. Once the other 2/3’s are out you should be able to cap shards with a single full clear.

I don’t care if we have 1/10th of the “raid” right now, the point is right now it’s awful for people who clear it without wiping and it’s going to remain awful until this undetermined period of time when the raid is “done”. This is assuming of course, that the Magnitite Shard cap isn’t adjusted again.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I still think a manual reset should be available to players. Lots of MMO’s have reset options at the entrance.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

I’m curious if the other wings will use the same magnetite shards, or if they will use a currency per wing per raid.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Tobias.8632

Tobias.8632

The change to shards was completely unnecessary. Having 1 or 2 shards drop for groups that are just learning the fights was fine.

I’m sitting here, 20 shards away from cap, having already cleared the raid, now trying to find pugs that can actually beat vg. This is a bad time.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

I’m sitting here, 20 shards away from cap, having already cleared the raid, now trying to find pugs that can actually beat vg. This is a bad time.

You don’t need to beat the VG. Just join a pug that has some class and gear expectation and you will bring them to 50% HP or a little bit more. This should give you some shards and after 4-6 Wipes depending on the HP progress you will have your 20 shards.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: Kasima.8143

Kasima.8143

For context: Looking for Raid is the easy-mode version of their raid, and it’s released in parts not out of necessity but due to design choice. They want people to do the harder versions of their raid (Heroic / Mythic), so they only release part of Looking for Raid in order to give incentive to those other bits of content. Not to mention the fact that there are other ways of getting Valor. There’s no other way to get Magnitite Shards other than re-running the bosses.

So no, it isn’t a good example because you’re comparing the easy-mode of WoW’s raids to the only-mode of GW2’s raid.

You’re also assuming they won’t increase the cap with the next wing. Since they’ve already adjusted the cap once (105 – 100), I have no idea why you would assume they won’t do so again.

Either way, I really don’t care about this justification because it is (and has been) terrible now.

“Oh but it’ll be fine in 1 year when the whole raid is out!” is just apologizing for a bad system, based on nothing but assumptions. People complaining about it now are giving feedback on the current system as it is now. May as well say, “Fractals will be fine once Leaderboards are out!”

Considering how much ascended equipment costs, I doubt they will increase the weekly cap. And the cap wasn’t adjusted. It was a bug.

(edited by Kasima.8143)

Magnetite Shards Problem

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Its cuz anet sees the 3 raid wings as thee one and only raid as legendary armor is the be all end all gear, where unlike other mmos u have new tiers comming with new raids. Expect it to take at least 3 months per raid wing release at best, and roughly 9 to 12 months in total till we get a shot at legendary armor crafting. This is hard gated content so that anet dont have to deal with ‘too few updates too little to do’ crowd. Its cheap, but at least we got some snack.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

Magnetite Shards Problem

TheFamster.7806

Also keep in mind when you full clear the events such as running from Gorseval also gives shard. The problem is all speed clear raid teams/guilds have successfully finished those events yet they have to do them again just for 2~3 people and at some point it gets tiring.

Also “the Spirit Vale is quiet” is the worst idea ever. If we wanted to practice new tactics after clearing the raid, then we have to either look for someone that haven’t done raid all week and make them leave raid instance so that we can practice new tactics or have to grab our alts, make squad, enter the raid, and then relog back into the instance.

I know reward is capped weekly, but that doesn’t mean boss fight should be as well. This is the laziest solution to prevent farming and I’ve never thought I’d see this in GW2. This need to be addressed as well as adrenal mushroom before every boss fight, etc.

Tour