Magnetite Shards future use?

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Khezekiah Bellamy.5016

Will this be the currency used for the new two wings of Forsaken Thicket? The tooltip in the wallet suggest so. I think it would be in best interest to make a new currency as I can already feel the uproar from people if the same currency is used and people use up all their shards on current wing goods but then find out they want someone more from the new wing.

Posted by: The one to Rule.2593

The one to Rule.2593

that’s their own fault, not arenanet’s

Posted by: LegACy.1296

LegACy.1296

My guild discussed this during our run this week, and the consensus is that the new wing will use a new currency instead of magnetite shards. Right now you’d only need 1-2 days to cap shards for the whole week, so if the next wings has a new currency, that will gives players another thing to do for that week.

Of course, the alternative is to have different shard cap for each wing, but that will only speed up the ascended gear acquisition, something which I doubt ArenaNet wants.

Posted by: Gwaihir.1745

Gwaihir.1745

Knowing Anet with 5 bajilliontrillionmillion currencies in game what’s a few more?

The added gates to old content ie asc gear is lame. I fell like hot didn’t bring new content but rather gated what we already had or removed it.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

I kittening hope its the same currency. Otherwise all this bullkitten with not capping on first clear makes absolutely no sense.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

Ya I hope it will be the same currency with a 100 shards cap per wing.

As for the ascended gear acquisition that Legacy talked. Think about it man. It take 13 weeks at 3-4 hours per week to get enough shards to get a complete ascended armor with no weapon. In 39-52 hours, you can farm about 500-1000 gold. Crafting an ascended armor, including the crafting leveling cost, is aout 350-450 depending on which type.

Doing 39-52 hours of fractal should in theory give you an average of 7-10 pieces of ascended armors.

So really, the raid in is current form, it’s the worst way to get ascended armor. The game need more ways to get ascended gear anyway.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Sublimatio.6981

Sublimatio.6981

Im quite sure it will be the same currency for entire raid, and different currency for other raids. It’s like a dungeon with few paths. You don’t get different currencies for p1 p2 or p3

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

makes absolutely no sense

And this is why they will probably add new currency.

Posted by: fishball.7204

fishball.7204

makes absolutely no sense.

#justANetthings

FOR THE GREEEEEEEEEEEEN

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

I have NO idea. Which is why I have not spent a single one. I can just see it now. You end up needing 5000 shards to complete the legendary armor collection.

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

I haven’t ever thought that it would be a different currency. They’re part of the same raid, why would the currencies be different?

I would of course expect some new items to become available since there will be more boss-specific loot.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I have NO idea. Which is why I have not spent a single one. I can just see it now. You end up needing 5000 shards to complete the legendary armor collection.

oh god I hate you so much right now for putting this in my head

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

This is what i’ve been figuring since the start. There is no way that they don’t add a 1k+ cost item for the legendary armor set collection after the final wing is released.

BloodyNine.7504

This is what i’ve been figuring since the start. There is no way that they don’t add a 1k+ cost item for the legendary armor set collection after the final wing is released.

Ya I figured the same. Can you imagine if it is 1k per armor piece. I can totally see that happening. You figure if you can cap 100 per wing per week, which is just a guess. That would be 20 weeks of caps to complete the armor. That will buy time to make the next raid!

Posted by: Dinosaurs.8674

Dinosaurs.8674

Ya I figured the same. Can you imagine if it is 1k per armor piece. I can totally see that happening. You figure if you can cap 100 per wing per week, which is just a guess. That would be 20 weeks of caps to complete the armor. That will buy time to make the next raid!

While I also wouldn’t be surprised if some magnetite-purchase-only item was required for the legendary armor, I’m like 95% sure that a dev has said that the armor will be crafted as a set, not one piece at a time. This is also why the description for the Chest of Experimental Armor, which you get from the first legendary armor collection, has the description “Double-click to choose a set of ascended armor”. So at least you won’t have to buy it one piece at a time lol.

Posted by: NovaanVerdiano.6174

NovaanVerdiano.6174

Pretty sure they mentioned all three wings of this raid will use the same currency. If we ever were to get a whole new raid, that one would definitely use a different one.
Haven’t spend any of my shards yet and I honestly don’t care if there’s a new currency or not; a new currency per wing would actually mean you could buy more things faster (especially ascended gear), which is why Anet probably won’t do it. lol

Posted by: Aesa.4819

Aesa.4819

a new currency per wing would actually mean you could buy more things faster

That depends on if the 100 shard cap is per wing and week, or per raid (all wings) and week.

BloodyNine.7504

While I also wouldn’t be surprised if some magnetite-purchase-only item was required for the legendary armor, I’m like 95% sure that a dev has said that the armor will be crafted as a set, not one piece at a time. This is also why the description for the Chest of Experimental Armor, which you get from the first legendary armor collection, has the description “Double-click to choose a set of ascended armor”. So at least you won’t have to buy it one piece at a time lol.

Very well a possibility. Or, when you open that chest. You start 6 new collections! All with 3 or 4 levels! Should I stop giving them ideas?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Very well a possibility. Or, when you open that chest. You start 6 new collections! All with 3 or 4 levels! Should I stop giving them ideas?

It has already been confirmed that you will build the legendary armor as a set, not piece-by-piece.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

BloodyNine.7504

It has already been confirmed that you will build the legendary armor as a set, not piece-by-piece.

That is cool at least. Though I still expect a three or four tier collection. The one we have now only being the first. Unless it has been confirmed to be otherwise?

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

That is cool at least. Though I still expect a three or four tier collection. The one we have now only being the first. Unless it has been confirmed to be otherwise?

We don’t know what future collections will look like, or how many there will be. I suspect tier 2 will be a lot like other legendary tier 2 collections in that it’ll ask you to make hundreds of mithril/elder wood armor pieces and to collect bandit crests and other such currencies. Tier 3 and tier 4 are anyone’s guess, though, if they’ll even exist at all.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

BloodyNine.7504

@RisingDusk

That is what I had been assuming as well. It would make sense that it would be similar to current legendary collections

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

I would be highly disappointed if they used mag shards for legendary armour as you may not have killed any boss’s..

The numbers below look about right for me:

The legendary back piece requiring 250 FoTM journal books (each book requires 25 pages – max 3/day). You’ve not seen anything like a grind yet.. It will require 2083 days (minimum): About 6 years. It will also require: 250 balls of dark matter, 250 balls of light matter, 250 fractal essence drops (new item only drops from level 75-100 end chests gated behind rng). This way you can be rewarded for your loyalty and dedication to the game.

Don’t even get me started on the legendary armour for one piece:… You’ll need 250 legendary insights, 250 deldrimoor steel/250 elonioan leather/250 bolts of damask. It’s a perfect recipe – then the MF gives you a random piece : 1in 5 chance it will be head, shoulder, chest, leggings or feet. This should keep you playing the game for the next 5 years minimum to get a full set providing the forge gives you on of each type each time.

We have not seen grind yet…but I can think the above would be a really good idea and ensure people play for years to come.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

BloodyNine.7504

I would be highly disappointed if they used mag shards for legendary armour as you may not have killed any boss’s..

The numbers below look about right for me:

The legendary back piece requiring 250 FoTM journal books (each book requires 25 pages – max 3/day). You’ve not seen anything like a grind yet.. It will require 2083 days (minimum): About 6 years. It will also require: 250 balls of dark matter, 250 balls of light matter, 250 fractal essence drops (new item only drops from level 75-100 end chests gated behind rng). This way you can be rewarded for your loyalty and dedication to the game.

Don’t even get me started on the legendary armour for one piece:… You’ll need 250 legendary insights, 250 deldrimoor steel/250 elonioan leather/250 bolts of damask. It’s a perfect recipe – then the MF gives you a random piece : 1in 5 chance it will be head, shoulder, chest, leggings or feet. This should keep you playing the game for the next 5 years minimum to get a full set providing the forge gives you on of each type each time.

We have not seen grind yet…but I can think the above would be a really good idea and ensure people play for years to come.

You forgot the /s… I think?

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

When you enter the raid you’ll notice you get a buff, this buff is active in the “current wing,” all the wings will use Mag Shards but only the current wing will award them in decent numbers (if at all) due to the buff.

Thats my reading of the situation.

Posted by: Crystal Reid

Crystal Reid

Game Designer

Will this be the currency used for the new two wings of Forsaken Thicket?

Yes.

Posted by: Wasabi Kitty.8247

Wasabi Kitty.8247

And now I will have to decide between buying a Ghostly infusion and saving the shards for the next wing.

Anet make Rev great again.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Nah, it’s gonna be 400 shards per armor recipe (leg/chest or boots) and 250 per legendary rune set ;D
I bought the Ghostly Infusion in one account and save the shards on the other.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

BTW, Crystal, would it be possible to make those ghostly infusions +7AR +5 other stat? It doesn’t make sense to use +5 when we can equip +7 now.

Posted by: Nebilim.5127

Nebilim.5127

Will this be the currency used for the new two wings of Forsaken Thicket?

Yes.

Will the different Forsake Thicket wings have their own magnetite caps? Or will it be 100 shards across the globe?

Can you look into raising that dummy cap because it is preventing me from helping people while getting rewarded at same time. I love raids, i don’t mind spending 3 hours helping new players but i would love to have at least SOMETHING good for my troubles

The world is teeming with unnecessary people.
It is God’s decision that i fight.
As knight of honor, as protector of the sin. I sacrifice myself, for the blood of criminals.

TPMN.1483

Soon – we’ll hit the cap before we’ve finished the RAID Wings…

Imagine 3 Raid wings – with 100 shard cap – you wont even finish all 3 wings and you’ld have cappd already.

TPMN.1483

What does the /s mean?

I was /s = serious about my post for the legendary recipe?
Personally I Think it is a good idea right now.. as most individuals have about 30-40 legendary insights.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

What does the /s mean?

I was /s = serious about my post for the legendary recipe?
Personally I Think it is a good idea right now.. as most individuals have about 30-40 legendary insights.

/s = sarcastic.
5 years timegates are definitely gonna incentivize people to continue playing on the daily basis. /s

BloodyNine.7504

I Think it is a good idea right now.. as most individuals have about 30-40 legendary insights.

Haha, no. I am sure there are a lot of people that do. Though I think you are drastically overestimating the amount of players, as a percentage of total players, that are even raiding. Never mind the % of those that are clearing weekly. I would guess, and just a RANDOM guess, that less than 5% of the game population even raids weekly. And I am sure there is only a fraction of that who clear weekly.

My number came from no where in particular. I just have heard what other MMO’s have to raid populations in the past. Also looking at our guild and the % of members that raid. Most have never even stepped foot in there and have no interest. Also the fact that we have been cycling through the same PuGs weekly at random. That tells me the overall pool of people is not as large as you think.

Edit: I am very likely underplaying it as much as you are overplaying. But I think it would be fair to say that MOST GW2 players do not have 30-40 insights. I would also say that MOST players that are raiding semi-regularly do not have that as well. I would guess the majority of players are sitting around 15-25, with the majority on the 15 side.

(edited by BloodyNine.7504)

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

A lot of players that have raid cleared weekly consistently are also starting to lose interest. So even those with almost max insights are going to start dropping until the new wing releases. I for one have decided to stop for now. So i will be staying at 41 until wing 2 releases.

Posted by: Mega Skeleton.8259

Mega Skeleton.8259

I hope raid rewards for repeat kills are increased a bit, if the shard cap isn’t increased. It would be a shame if people don’t feel encouraged to help friends clear, I think adding some more bags or some other unique loot might go a long way in helping that. Even if you’re speedclearing in 30 minutes over and over the number of bags you get can’t be much higher, if higher at all than something like SW.

[EG] is recruiting!

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

I Think it is a good idea right now.. as most individuals have about 30-40 legendary insights.

….

Edit: I am very likely underplaying it as much as you are overplaying. But I think it would be fair to say that MOST GW2 players do not have 30-40 insights. I would also say that MOST players that are raiding semi-regularly do not have that as well. I would guess the majority of players are sitting around 15-25, with the majority on the 15 side.

27 here. Lost interest and generally only raid on Mondays for the weekly loot. If I get the kills, great. If not, I rather avoid having to pull teeth to put a team together since most A-team gamers in my guild lost interest, and I don’t care for furthering the forehead shaped dent on my desk from pug-ing raids.

Posted by: SlyDevil.3952

SlyDevil.3952

Perhaps make the raid rewards similar to dungeons. First run through gets you to 50-60 shards. After finishing the raid you have the option to reset your individual progress locking all checkpoints again and each clear following the first gives 10 shards spread between successful checkpoint clears. (2 for vg, 1 for spirit woods, 3 for gors, 4 for sabetha) With the requirement that you must finish all checkpoints before you can reset them.