Magnetite

Magnetite

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Murdock.6547

Murdock.6547

So with a full set of raids so far and pof in less than a month. Does anyone know if the mag shard cap will be raised?

It feels so absolutely tiny considering the 150 cap is WEEKLY.

I don’t raid nearly often enough, and i know most likely don’t, to justify this being made daily.
But already we get people capping within a day or two.
Giving them no reason to play the raids any further other than the low rng drops.

I worry that if the cap stays small like this we could end up with empty raid wings as people will flock to the easiest sources of shards then bugger off when capped. Maybe to the default material cap of 250?

I would love to raid more.

What a circus. Complete with clowns and monkeys that do tricks.

(edited by Murdock.6547)

Magnetite

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

In their latest statement they said they have no intention to raise the cap. It was a dev post in this forum but I don’t know which thread it was.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Magnetite

Murdock.6547

Guuuh. A seperate currency maybe? Otherwise there will be empty wings.
Wing with sloth seems ultra empty already.

Magnetite

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It’s possible that PoF raids will use a different currency than HoT raids, but they haven’t made a statement on it yet. Anyway, raids already offer the best chances to drop ascended gear with variant stat combinations, so guilds and static groups will continue to do them all regardless of magnetite shards.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Magnetite

Posted by: Fatalyz.7168

Fatalyz.7168

I expected a different currency with PoF, as it is a new Raid entirely, not just a new Wing like the first 3 releases were. But, it didn’t come there, so I am not expecting it with PoF.

Simply because after having rethought it, with the cap staying at 150, they have effectively controlled the flow of ascended gear into the game that isn’t crafted. If there were two separate currencies, people would just collect both, earning rewards faster.

I think with it this way, the idea is that people will play the fights that they enjoy. For a lot of people (pugs esp), that will most likely be the easiest bosses to cap out your shards.

Magnetite

Posted by: Sephylon.4938

Sephylon.4938

Yeah, I also see them using a different currency. Also something else, since the raids we currently have are tied to hot, the weapons, armors, and accessories there have access to hot stats. My question is: will the equipment in the current raid wings have access to the pof stats (assuming we get some new stats) or will those get locked behind pof raids? (also assuming we get some) Will the accessories in lws3 episodes be the same in that they are hot stat only, making so that lws4 is required to get pof stats?

Magnetite

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

That’s likely a much different issue than currency.

People in this game in general hate personal responsibility as a core fail state which is why the fights that have this tend to be done less than others (outside of certain reward balance issues).

Magnetite

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

A new currency would be nice, I hope the portable magnetite vendor works with the new currency.

Honestly, my main interest is the gold for each boss kill, the exotic, and the loot bags. I want the liquid rewards. More rare drops like ghostly infusion would excite me more than mag shard cap being raised.

Magnetite

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Raids got a ton of exclusive rewards, so all the other rewards have to be reduced. Cap on magnetites is part of that reduction (and new currency, with a separate cap would be trying to circumvent it). I personally would like to see that reversed (drops more rewarding, but not so exclusive), but at the moment it’s the situation we have. Having both, by the way (increased rewards and ton of exclusives) would definitely be way too much.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Magnetite

Posted by: thrag.9740

thrag.9740

Astral, it is also worth mentioning that having both would devalue the exclusives. If players could farm magnetite shards infinitely, the prices of things like ghostly infusion would crash, and raids would be a lot less rewarding.

Additionally, we have seen repeatedly through out the history of this game, that currencies which have unlimited caps, never get good rewards added, because players would dump their stock piles and flood the market with that reward. This is one of the reasons fractals get a new currency with every new fractal, rather than using the preexisting currencies (relics, pristines, pages, golds, matrix, and now the new celestial one). You can also look at badges of honor, which have largely been abandoned by Anet (even having their value nerfed by removing the gift of battle from vendors).

Magnetite

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Unless they need the LI.

Magnetite

Posted by: NotOverlyCheesy.9427

NotOverlyCheesy.9427

“Giving them no reason to play the raids any further other than the low rng drops.”

Nobody does raids for fun? Is it just me? Oh… ok

Magnetite

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

Nobody does raids for fun? Is it just me? Oh… ok

A lot of people in both of my guilds raid 5-6 times a week because they’re fun, but it’s nice when they don’t cost you money thanks to food costs. That said, the other guy’s wrong because the wings won’t be dead; tons of people still do all wings because the RNG loot is incredibly lucrative if you get a drop. No raider worth their salt is crafting ascended gear these days, after all.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Magnetite

Posted by: Tornupto.2304

Tornupto.2304

No raider worth their salt is crafting ascended gear these days, after all.

Indeed. I really need to equip something soon. My bank can only hold so much.

Magnetite

Murdock.6547

Unfortunately I’m one of many who are unable to find a static.
I’m in a really stupid situation because I’m A: very picky about people; I’d love to find a group that isn’t all tryhards who think they’re the gods’ gift to pve… but I also don’t want people who put literally no effort into the fights and make silly mistakes that dont need to be made.

I also have a really lame schedule. Feelsbad.
I’m lucky to cap magnetite each week. A full clear is something of a fantasy for me.