Mai Trin 100 advise plz <3

in Fractals, Dungeons & Raids

Posted by: Guardian of Angels.9867

Guardian of Angels.9867

I’d like to run this build:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Dragonhunter_-_DPS/Support

What would you change, what weapons are best to bring and any tactics you’d use?
is it true you can pull Mai into a lightning field with Spear of Justice?

aka Holy Blood Guardian
Guild Website: http://www.wtnf.net
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCb07P-bW94jE3-mKHGToyOg

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

No you can’t pull mai train. The goal is to cc her when she’s already in the lightning field so she’s stun and stay there.

In theory the build you link is one of the best. That said if you gonna pug mai trin level 100 you may have some problem with sticking in melee for all fight. Make sure you bring either a Longbow or a Scepter. Personnally, I prefer scepter in that fight for the focus. The Focus 5 is perfect to rez down people without dying yourself.

As far as tactics goes. Your first priority is to stay alive and to rez people that down before they die. After that you want to make sure you rip those stack asap. She does her lighting field every 2 or 3 shot so count them and when Horrik is ready to shoot the lighting all stack on mai trin so horrik shoot on her, then cc her so she stay. If you are doing it right you should remove all stack in 2 or 3 shoots. Finally, after she’s out of stack CC her as much as you can when the breakbar is up. That’s stun her so your team receive less damage and have an easier time melee her. And it increase the damage of your team a bit. I also like to time my Shield of Courage right when you get out of stun when all the team is in melee so we can melee her a bit more time without any damage.

In the last phase concentrate on the alts and then finish her.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Guardian of Angels.9867

Thanks for the response

What about skills, as there is 1 open slot?
- Retreat for speed + block
- Smite Condition / Purging flames for condi cleanse

Anything else?

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

It really depend on your, but for mai trin 100 I would take some condi cleanse just in case.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Having a death magic reaper with plague Signet is a god send here. You have a reliable “tank” with ample CC and massive condi transfer. The group can actually max melee and supply with more reflection.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Guardian of Angels.9867

Having a death magic reaper with plague Signet is a god send here. You have a reliable “tank” with ample CC and massive condi transfer. The group can actually max melee and supply with more reflection.

Got a build for me? Maybe to duo with a friend? Don’t seem to find any plague signet builds on either fractal or raid meta.

aka Holy Blood Guardian

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Check out spoj’s guide to necrosis and reaper on Dulfy’s website/ Class Guide section.

I’m using a power build (because of AR reasons) but you can do it with Condi build just fine. I use Spite/Death Magic/Reaper, blood fiend/ CPC/Rise/Plague Signet/Flesh Golem. Use Golem to tank Mai until the lightning field is at her feet, quickly CC her. She has a very small break bar that the reaper can handle it alone. Repeat it one more time then burst her when her stacks are at two or below. Stagger Rise with Flesh Golem and stay in shroud when you really have to blow up your blood fiend.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

It felt really good doing L100 Mai post-fix the other day. We did it in 17 minutes on the first try, and it was really solid. We ran a Chronomancer with Null Field, a PS Warrior with Shake it Off, and a bunch of Tempests for damage. We used full raid builds with the above tweaks for the encounter. If going with a pub, I imagine a Guardian traited for shouts converting conditions with an otherwise standard Hammer build could carry pretty hard. Good luck!

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Roundabout 15 Minutes here with an unorganized pug. A necro, a dragonhunter not 100% dps as it seemed, a thief + two warriors.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: DrEckers.2039

DrEckers.2039

As a guardian, your main responsibility is to bring projectile destruction for Mai Trin. The reason for this is to keep Mai from blinking all over the place and out of static fields while having her stacks stripped. It also helps against the aetherblade sniper which spawns half way through the fight. You want destruction over reflection as reflection will actually teleport you right into Mai’s auto attack chain pretty much guaranteeing you to go down. So you absolutely need shield of the avenger and “retreat” and I would recomend having a mace/shield offhand for the extra pressure the sniper brings. Mai’s teleport shot is on a 30ish cd, so by rotating those skills you will completely negate that mechanic.

Your next responsibility is to bring condition removal as people have already mentioned. The trait Pure of Voice is great when combined with all the shouts you may bring such as “Retreat,” “Feel my Wrath,” and sometimes “Receive the Light.” Another option is to bring Purging Flames or to use a whirl finisher (such as Greatsword 2) on a light Field.

Finally, do as much damage as you can. I would recomend Greatsword over hammer/longbow for the higher dps against moving targets it brings as well as the great utility in terms of condi clears mentioned above and pulling with GS5 the adds that spawn together. Enjoy!

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

My friends and I 4-manned it with I think 5minutes to spare for the timed challenge: Support DH, DPS Reaper (forgot if she was condi or power), my Chrono (didn’t have null field, as my shatters remove boons, and I think reapers are able to easily as well), and a PS Berserker.

I was caught by surprise with the change at half HP when she got a full bar again lol, thought it got bugged.

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

What advice would you give a Druid? Or is Druid even a viable option for Trin lvl 100?

NSPride <3

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

What advice would you give a Druid? Or is Druid even a viable option for Trin lvl 100?

Absolutely. A healer in lvl 100 makes the fight a breeze.

For me the optimal composition is:
1. PS warrior or revenant for the might and cc
2. Hammer guardian for the protection
3. chronomancer for the quickness and boon strip
4. A druid or a tempest for the healing
5. whatever dps.

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

I did it with my ranger in a zerker druid build, although I found myself healing most of the fight and could have simply run my raid healing gear. Mai’s worst attacks seem to be the conditions and the pistol shot. If you spam skill two in celestial form on your party it should clear most of the condies, I also ran healing spring which also helps remove condi.

I wasn’t doing much DPS but our group, most who had never done level 100 before, did it in about 20 minutes on the first attempt (we came back from a near wipe where I was the only one alive after some silly reses during a cannon phase). GW2’s combat system and most encounters weren’t designed with dedicated healing in mind, so the ability to take the pressure off and constantly top up health pools throughout the fight makes the encounter much easier. If you trait your glyphs you can also pop them for more condi removal.

Posted by: Memories Lost.7634

Memories Lost.7634

Having a druid is amazing for this. Was in a group with 1 rev, 2 ele, 1 necro and a completely heal spec’d druid. We were able to comfortably sit inside of lightning fields face tanking mai to get all of her stacks down. Between the druid heals and the necro pulling condies off of everyone the fight was a breeze and we managed to complete the challenge mote with 11 minutes remaining.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

5. whatever dps.

reaper with rise, because nothing carries harder! (seriously)

edit: a condi reaper can be done nearly optimally like this (or you know, full viper with berserker runes… pricy) or easier like this (or with any sinister pieces, rabid is just prolly easier to get hold of, but tbh i dont recommend making rabid armor if youre going to invest so much in a toon). note that bleed duration is (nearly) capped, its all that matters: krait runes with no viper, nightmare/trapper with partial viper, berserker or thorns with full viper. and yes, no weapon swap. unnecessary. 1 more disclaimer: utilities for mai trin only. switch out locust for epidemic elsewhere, but move speed helps w/ cannons.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: Gimli.9461

Gimli.9461

Okay so from someone who raids (but isn’t a too hardcore player) and has some friends who I play with (so I run zerker and we are all pretty good at surviving):

1. Do this after reset. The pugs you get on LFG right after up to 3-4h after reset tend to be experienced fractalers and that will help you ton. If you have 1 person in a group who constantly dies that’s challenged failed there for you most likely. Drop group try again.

2. Run raid hammer build for DH, run 2 traps and elite trap and a Power knockdown signet. run ur hammer and run bow? Put everything zerker and maybe throw in couple nomads in there if you have a legendary weapon if not maybe eat some Vitality food. You have to be good at surviving. If you go down too often too much dps loss = challenge failed.

3. I myself never use wall to reflect her as it’s too hard she keeps moving all the time. The key like people here mentioned is that your party CCs her when she stands in lightning field. THis has to be done quite fast so as dragonhunter you ’ll want to do this:

- she stands in lightning
- you pop your F3 for blocks, run the durp in there, lay your elite trap, your 2 traps (have traps Daze DH trait), smash her with hammer 4, do hammer 3, dodge the heck out of there.

At this point you should have cced or almost cced her all by yourself. important to have good group to also cc with you in case some of your stuff’s on cool down.

As long as her aggro is not on you you can melee her if not use bow pretty decent dmg.

You ideally want an elementalist or two in your group for icebow good cc, for good dps, and chrono will help you ton.

Good luck

PS: oh ye forgot, the knockdown power signet is real good cc that can be done at 1200 range in case you need that last bit of cc on her

PSS: due to the instability in this fractal you can’t have too many melee classes in one group as 2 ppl cannot melee her at the same time due to agony stacking on them. So having more than 1 DragonHunter could be quite detrimental. I did do challenge with 2 necro and 1 DH and 1 guardian, myself as a tempest, dps was on the lower side but we did it. Not sure what builds they were running.

(edited by Gimli.9461)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

1 more disclaimer: utilities for mai trin only. switch out locust for epidemic elsewhere, but move speed helps w/ cannons.

If you’re okay with cannons without the signet you might consider swapping it out for Blood is Power for additional dps increase.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

Get a good druid which lets your team face tank her the whole fight.

Posted by: style.6173

style.6173

This ^^.

You basically have 2 options.
1. 1 Druid 4 DPS (power or condi). The DPS should be all melee.
2. 5 DPS. Face tank as much as possible to hold her in the circles and then a lot of range after the stacks are gone

Posted by: SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

SirPrizeBartSachs.4670

This ^^.

2. 5 DPS. Face tank as much as possible to hold her in the circles and then a lot of range after the stacks are gone

Did you guys do that on scale 100 or just mai trin in general? I haven’t done it with a druid for this facetanking strategy but it seems that the instability will put near permanent 4 agony stacks on everybody which ends up reducing healing by 93.75%.

Posted by: Oh Snapalope.1378

Oh Snapalope.1378

You still can out heal that if the druid is using the right gear.

Posted by: harold.3526

harold.3526

One Magi druid, done

Chaos | Death And Taxes [DnT]

Posted by: KickzNGigglez.4958

KickzNGigglez.4958

This ^^.

Did you guys do that on scale 100 or just mai trin in general? I haven’t done it with a druid for this facetanking strategy but it seems that the instability will put near permanent 4 agony stacks on everybody which ends up reducing healing by 93.75%.

I stacked Mai last night easily. I never noticed the condition since the rev, druid, and tempest were running codition clear. I even ran the condition clear heal on my warrior. There might have also been a cool down built into the instability like the boon theif one.

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

I see a lot of people suggesting hammer DH for this, however in practice it’s very hard to maintain dps and protection on mai trin, her auto attack is too strong and she moves too much, better option for protection would be Herald.

Posted by: DutchRiders.2871

DutchRiders.2871

Keep in mind if mai steals retal from the guardian your eles could be done for.

Posted by: Bloody.2089

Bloody.2089

One of the small elite team who isnĀ“t affected by idiocy.

(edited by Bloody.2089)

Posted by: Arise.6218

Arise.6218

Druid and 4 Condi necros. GG and laugh.

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

Communication and cooperation.
The best pug runs I’ve been on, everyone was open about their build and were able to identify any deficient areas. Then we’d readjust our builds accordingly. Outside of DPS and healing, you need hard CC and condi clears. In a recent clear, everyone just stacked in and ate the electro-field with a combination of heals and protection. We were done in about 15 mins.

I personally run a hammer DH, taking care not to have any retailation (light field + blast is the unavoidable one)

[KING] does a nice video series about fractal strats:
https://youtu.be/7q4lKJG7sUo?list=PL-f7beQOnuHhR9Rkjyv0e6gl4TKU0RVzj

Posted by: Vinceman.4572

Vinceman.4572

Outside of DPS and healing, you need hard CC and condi clears.

- The own healing is enough or at least should be. No need for a player that is healing constantly. Also ppl should learn to groupplay and rez faster/asap. Met several pugs that were too slow to rez and/or rezzed during the wrong moments resulting in a group wipe.

- You don’t need hard cc either. If everyone knows the encounter you’ll have 0 issues to get her stacks down without cc’ing. Bringing good cc is a plus which can make it a little bit faster but it’s not a must.

Took me 3 runs of the dungeon to get the bug.

Posted by: Rednik.3809

Rednik.3809

One necro with plague signet and necromantic corruption, plague sending also handy. 80% of trin damage are conditions.

Kiijna, Xast, Satis Ironwail, Sekhaina, Shira Forgesparkle, Sfeno, Nasibi, Tegeira, Rhonwe…
25 charracters